Batman/Nightwing vs Captain America/Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
ok, the fights in Gotham at night with no prep.

all have their standard weapons/gear:

Batman: Batsuit from Hush with all accessories thats insulated & layered with Nomex around the whole suit and Kevlar on the bat insignia, poison-tipped batarangs, electric batarangs that actually return and rope batarangs, grapple devices, concussion grenades, mace, tear/vomit gas, red smoke grenades, flashbangs and a laser torch.

Nightwing: similar armament with standard suit, fighting batons, gas, grapple, flashbangs and wing dings.

Daredevil: microweave suit and billy clubs with grapple capability.

Captain America: standard suit with vibranium shield.

Metalmanx
Hm. erm

Tough one.

braz
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hm. erm

Tough one.

thankyou. wink

guy222
Originally posted by braz
ok, the fights in Gotham at night with no prep.

all have their standard weapons/gear:

Batman: Batsuit from Hush with all accessories thats insulated & layered with Nomex around the whole suit and Kevlar on the bat insignia, poison-tipped batarangs, electric batarangs that actually return and rope batarangs, grapple devices, concussion grenades, mace, tear/vomit gas, red smoke grenades, flashbangs and a laser torch.

Nightwing: similar armament with standard suit, fighting batons, gas, grapple, flashbangs and wing dings.

Daredevil: microweave suit and billy clubs with grapple capability.

Captain America: standard suit with vibranium shield.

team two

braz
Originally posted by guy222
team two

how could u picture that happening?

rotiart
I would see the fight going like this. And this is no offense to cap at all who i would think would win a 1vs1 against batman... but..

As the fight begins, the 2 on 2 combat would begin. Within a few moments the opponents who quickly, being veterans, size up their respective peers and have at it, batman on cap, and nightwing on daredevil.

Now on the ground floor we have cap and batman going at it, while on the rooftops nightwing takes off against daredevil...

The batman begins a long parry with cap, and it goes on and on. The entire fight consists of cap rushing in to close the distance, while batman with his arsenal of gadgets tries deftly to further the gap.

Nightwing begins his battles, tossing out a flurry of attacks that daredevil with his radar easily avoids. Daredevil bobs and weaves... and then it happens.

The bats determines that he can gain no upper edge on cap down here... so he fires off his grapple and swings up high and fast into the rafters. Soon cap is left on the ground floor alone, and daredevil is facing off against both nightwing and batman.

Daredevil no fool to combat tries to escape, but 2 vs 1 is never easy against opponents who are each your virtual equal. it takes a good while for it to happen, but in the time it takes cap to take to the roof, matt is down for the count.

And then again, its 2 on 1. And while cap is great, these are two persons who are on his fighting level. The fight is long and drawn out, nearly an hour passes, then two. Caps endurance keeping him aloft amidst a barrage of attacks and wounds. And it ends. Cap fallen. The battle ended.

Batman and Nightwing win. Too many teamups with these two to see it any other way. Majority goes to DC.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by rotiart
I would see the fight going like this. And this is no offense to cap at all who i would think would win a 1vs1 against batman... but..

As the fight begins, the 2 on 2 combat would begin. Within a few moments the opponents who quickly, being veterans, size up their respective peers and have at it, batman on cap, and nightwing on daredevil.

Now on the ground floor we have cap and batman going at it, while on the rooftops nightwing takes off against daredevil...

The batman begins a long parry with cap, and it goes on and on. The entire fight consists of cap rushing in to close the distance, while batman with his arsenal of gadgets tries deftly to further the gap.

Nightwing begins his battles, tossing out a flurry of attacks that daredevil with his radar easily avoids. Daredevil bobs and weaves... and then it happens.

The bats determines that he can gain no upper edge on cap down here... so he fires off his grapple and swings up high and fast into the rafters. Soon cap is left on the ground floor alone, and daredevil is facing off against both nightwing and batman.

Daredevil no fool to combat tries to escape, but 2 vs 1 is never easy against opponents who are each your virtual equal. it takes a good while for it to happen, but in the time it takes cap to take to the roof, matt is down for the count.

And then again, its 2 on 1. And while cap is great, these are two persons who are on his fighting level. The fight is long and drawn out, nearly an hour passes, then two. Caps endurance keeping him aloft amidst a barrage of attacks and wounds. And it ends. Cap fallen. The battle ended.

Batman and Nightwing win. Too many teamups with these two to see it any other way. Majority goes to DC.

this is certianly pausable (plausable?)

But unless team one figures out DD's weakness
I dont think they could ultimately win

Itd be close, but i say 6/10 DD/Captain america

Primarily becuase of DD's rawness
big grin

this thread is a repeat though isint it?

SpunkySmurph
Cap = Batman

Daredevil > Nightwing

Cap, Daredevil > Batman

Team Marvel ftw

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Cap = Batman

Daredevil > Nightwing

Cap, Daredevil > Batman

Team Marvel ftw

dont forget

DD>batman (minus sonic awareness)

big grin

Draco69
Team DC. MUCH better teamwork.

And people. Believe it or not, the Batfamily DOES use their gadgets in their battles.

Usually they use disorienting tactics followed by offensive tactics.

NW and Bats use tear gas, sonics, or what not first (it's the smart thing to do) and Daredevil falls.

ExtraMision5555
PS
since were on topic

I have a question

to anyone that can answer it

Now i realize sonics can disorient daredevil

on the other hand in issue uh, maybe 50 or 60 something of DD
a guy has a device that is SPECIFFICALLY designed to disorient daredevil and he speaks as if thiers only a certian kind of Sonic device that can completely render DD useless

Can any of you recall a time where DD was absolutely crippled from just plain old sonics?

and i am asking becuase i just dont know
not becuase id ont believe it, because i do, but ive quesitoned the degree of sonics required to do it

Metalmanx
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Cap = Batman

Daredevil > Nightwing

Cap, Daredevil > Batman

Team Marvel ftw

While I pretty much agree with this, it still this match being extremely difficult for both sides. And I give Cap the SLIGHT edge over Batman.

The gadgets would be really useful against Team Marvel. But at the same time, both Cap and DD are both extremely adept at fighting people who use gadgets.

This is exactly why I find this match to be extremely difficult to decide on.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555

Can any of you recall a time where DD was absolutely crippled from just plain old sonics?

and i am asking becuase i just dont know
not becuase id ont believe it, because i do, but ive quesitoned the degree of sonics required to do it

I don't know of a specific example but since his hearing is very sensitive his "threshold of pian" for noise should be lower than for a normal person so 120 Db should knock out his radar sense.

Superboy Prime
It won't take long for Bruce to find out about DD's weakness. Bruce is not Bizarro level, just so you know.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Metalmanx
While I pretty much agree with this, it still this match being extremely difficult for both sides. And I give Cap the SLIGHT edge over Batman.

The gadgets would be really useful against Team Marvel. But at the same time, both Cap and DD are both extremely adept at fighting people who use gadgets.

This is exactly why I find this match to be extremely difficult to decide on.
as far as this fourm goes, i tyhink out minds are sync'ed or something

braz
i gotta go with what rotiart said here because its logical. Daredevil, Batman and Nightwing all have grapple capabilities and thus, can scale buildings whereas Cap cant. and so, Batman and Nightwing can tag team DD and beat hiim. then they do the same to Cap.

but what about this:

the scenario is switched to them fighting in more of an arena setting.

Draco69
Batman doesn't NEED to figure out DD's weakness. It's pre-school battle tactics.

Hell, It's friggin' Pokemon battle tactics.

When I play Final Fantasy I use "Blind" to blind them and "Silence" to silence.

Gee, let's see. The battle would be ALOT easier if my opponents were blinded, vomiting, and deafened.

A five year old would know to use the gadgets first THEN attack them physically.

Metalmanx
as far as this fourm goes, i tyhink out minds are sync'ed or something

Haha, I've noticed this, too. wink

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Draco69
Batman doesn't NEED to figure out DD's weakness. It's pre-school battle tactics.

Hell, It's friggin' Pokemon battle tactics.

When I play Final Fantasy I use "Blind" to blind them and "Silence" to silence.

Gee, let's see. The battle would be ALOT easier if my opponents were blinded, vomiting, and deafened.

A five year old would know to use the gadgets first THEN attack them physically.

On the other hand, DD could probably identify the majority of gadgets in ither of thier utility belts, assumeing he is fimiliar wtih the technology (and this is a regular thing he does)

What he would do about it from there is up for speculation, but i sincerely doubt Batman (or nightwing) being able to blissfully unleash thier inventory upon DD or cap. And by that i mean i dont see the fight starting with DD and cap's senses being utterly nullified

Draco69
On the other hand, DD could probably identify the majority of gadgets in ither of thier utility belts, assumeing he is fimiliar wtih the technology (and this is a regular thing he does)

I seriously doubt because:

A) They're hidden.

B) They're extremely advanced.

C) Superman uses his x-ray vision when he scans Batman's gadgets. And even his Kryptonian genius has difficultly telling what is what.

What he would do about it from there is up for speculation, but i sincerely doubt Batman (or nightwing) being able to blissfully unleash thier inventory upon DD or cap. And by that i mean i dont see the fight starting with DD and cap's senses being utterly nullified

That's what they DO.

Disarm.

Disable.

Take down.

This is what they have done for years. They NEVER blindly rush into a fight and NOT use the above tactics.

Why suffer the risk of defeat or serious injuries when you can increase your chances of winning and less injuries by using gadgetry to weaken their senses and their combat?

Batman's the tactician for the JLA for a reason.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Draco69
I seriously doubt because:

A) They're hidden.

B) They're extremely advanced.

C) Superman uses his x-ray vision when he scans Batman's gadgets. And even his Kryptonian genius has difficultly telling what is what.

That's what they DO.

Disarm.

Disable.

Take down.

This is what they have done for years. They NEVER blindly rush into a fight and NOT use the above tactics.

Why suffer the risk of defeat or serious injuries when you can increase your chances of winning and less injuries by using gadgetry to weaken their senses and their combat?

Batman's the tactician for the JLA for a reason.

DD is argueabley just as good a tactician (battle wise) as batman, albeit with much fewer gadgets. A better fighter perhaps due to his senses, so in this case i see batman having the advantage of resources where DD has the advantage of Ability

As far as batmans gadgets being hidden, it would be irrelevant because #1

DD is blind

I omitted the extremely advanced part (as he would have no idea what they are, obviously), Still, he would know of SOME, of his inventory because he can detect objects people are carrying (a very small example would be when he could tell when the yakuza leader had MGH in his pockets), point being he wouldent be blind sided by the fact that they are both carrying An inventory and be unable to act accordingly.

Yes, batman and nightwing "disable, takedown.. cripple.. etc"

But nither cap NOR dd are cannon fodder, both are AMAZING battle tacticians, it would be foolish (not an insult directed at you) to think they woudl so easily be taken down by a few items in bats & nightwings inventory

in addition, ive never known batman to casually throw out his "higher tier" items in his inventory

braz
bump

braz
DD's a good a tactician as Batman? blink

Alfheim

Dont think so somehow.

endrict

He was drunk at the time....

Caps Conscience
Cap and DD for the win 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.