Doe anyone dislike Spidey's Organic Webs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Judgement
I don't really get why they did that. His shooters were such a good way of demonstrating his intelligence and it doesn't make sense for him to be shooting out of his hands, anyway. Who's with me?

Grimm22
Yeah im not a huge fan of them

The good news is that Ult. Spidey still uses good ol' mechanical shooters big grin

Black Adam
I like the organic webing.

Judgement
Why?

steverules
I don't like it, it use to add drama when he ran out of web cartridges

grey fox
I like certain ideas, like how his diet could affect his webbing.

WrathfulDwarf
I despise the idea of organic webshooters. A total Mutantion property. Which for years I kept reading that Marvel insisted that Spidey was a Non-Mutant character. Ugh!

steverules
It can make it come out his butt big grin

Judgement
Well... why his hands. Technically... if they wanted to make it accurate, they should make him grow an abdomen and have them shoot out of their. It would make him such a bad character though. No, they should scrap this idea all together... stupid movie...

Black Adam
Originally posted by Judgement
Why?

because it's not like his intelligence is suddenly downplayed if he doesn't use them. He still has his tracers which had Pym in awe of on how a 15 year old kid could design something so sophisticated.

and there still in storage. If he needed to add something to his webbing to catch someone like hydroman he could just dig them up....or you know find other intelligent ways to beat him.

The only thing that you won't hear anymore is "oh no I'm out of web fluid" which really isn't that big of a deal. There other ways to show drama.

Soljer
Indeed; I thought the "out of web fluid OH NOEZ!" was a little over done anyways. This'll force writers to be more creative in creating tense situations.

Judgement
I still don't think it's right to change a character like that. You know the only reason they did it was because of the movie.

Badabing
Originally posted by Black Adam
because it's not like his intelligence is suddenly downplayed if he doesn't use them. He still has his tracers which had Pym in awe of on how a 15 year old kid could design something so sophisticated.

and there still in storage. If he needed to add something to his webbing to catch someone like hydroman he could just dig them up....or you know find other intelligent ways to beat him.

The only thing that you won't hear anymore is "oh no I'm out of web fluid" which really isn't that big of a deal. There other ways to show drama.
I still don't think it's right to change a character like that. You know the only reason they did it was because of the movie.
Agreed. Man Law! hammer

Beta Ray Howard
Oh give it a rest. It's not like it's altering him as a person in any way, shape, or form. It was probably going to happen at one point anyway.

This is like people whining about Thor growing a beard or something.

Judgement
Do you have something against this judge person?

Black Adam

yeah that was probably the only reason but it's not like it changed anything about his character. He still the same peter. Except now his webbing won't run out. smile

Mindship
When I first got into Spider-Man as a kid, I hated that he had mechanical web-shooters. I mean, why should he have all of a spider's powers but that? Then I got used to them and, yeah, it was kinda cool and realitsic the way sometimes he would run out of fluid.

Now...the idea of long stringy things surging up through your forearms (just imagine for a moment what that must feel like) then out through holes in your wrists (look at your wrists: you wanna see holes there?). Almost gives me the creeps.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Black Adam
yeah that was probably the only reason but it's not like it changed anything about his character. He still the same peter. Except now his webbing won't run out. smile

One of the best things about the mechanical web shooters was how it made him more of a human character

Take Ult. Spidey for instance. I love how Peter is always complaining about how much money it costs for him to make the webbing.

Spidey has never been about having powers as much as he has been about being able to relate with people.

Mr Parker
I don't really get why they did that. His shooters were such a good way of demonstrating his intelligence and it doesn't make sense for him to be shooting out of his hands, anyway. Who's with me?

anybody who likes organic webbing is not a true spidey fan because the fact that people could possibly not care about sony raping to death his character like they did in the movie by giving him organic webbing makes me sick.They have raped to death his character with organics because he is a damn monster now and no longer human anymore. mad the REAL reason they used organics in the movie was the director was too damn lazy to try and incorporate them in the movie because he did not want to take the extra 5 minutes of screentime it would take to put them in the movie and explain them so he took the easy and lazy way out with organics. mad the shooters are very much an important part of his character because like you said,he could always show his superiour intelligence over the average man with them.any idiot like flash thompson could have become spiderman with organic webbing but not just anybody could have had the smarts like peter did to invent th webbing.he was a special and unique person,it was a gift he had that very few people have.and you hit the nail on the head,it makes no sense for the webbing to shoot out of his hands.realistically they would shoot out of his butt.Great thread. thumb up if not for those stupid movies of sonys and that idiot director sam raimi,they would never have been introduced in the comics. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Oh give it a rest. It's not like it's altering him as a person in any way, shape, or form. It was probably going to happen at one point anyway.

This is like people whining about Thor growing a beard or something.

err no thats comparing apples to oranges,he made great excellent points why the organics suck and are stupid. roll eyes (sarcastic)because od organics we now got the character of MAN-SPIDER instead of spider-man. mad

capt it up
I take organic webbing over stinger's any day

The Pict
Originally posted by Grimm22

Take Ult. Spidey for instance. I love how Peter is always complaining about how much money it costs for him to make the webbing.

rolling on floor laughing I loved it when he told Black Widow she owed him money for his webbing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.