My God...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Okay, as an atheist I shouldn't really make a thread about what I believe our God is. But I'm sure some other atheists would agree with me on this.

See my God likes everything we do, that's why we can do it. The things my God doesn't want us to do are live without a brain, breathe liquid or solid, perform magic, and anything else impossible. My God doesn't want us to worship him, (s)he sees no point in it, my God doesnt want us to claim opinion as fact, for that harms our intelligence and makes us delusional. My God does not want that. My god only made us, (s)he isn't our leader or saviour, and we shouldn't really care about him/her.

Do you like my God?

Note: This may have come out wrong, but if you're intelligent enough, you would probably realise what my God is.

TRH
My god is me

debbiejo
Yes lord xyz, you're special... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes lord xyz, you're special... roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's little bus special. laughing big grin

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes lord xyz, you're special... roll eyes (sarcastic) speshel eh?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
speshel eh?

Are you sure your god would want you to say that? eek!

Marxman
So you're not really atheist. You're more agnostic. You believe in a higher power but not as it is defined by organized religion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Marxman
So you're not really atheist. You're more agnostic. You believe in a higher power but not as it is defined by organized religion.

That is not agnostic. Agnostic is I don't know.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is not agnostic. Agnostic is I don't know.

Correct xyz is closer to an Ignostic like me.

Templares
Okay, as an atheist I shouldn't really make a thread about what I believe our God is. But I'm sure some other atheists would agree with me on this.

See my God likes everything we do, that's why we can do it. The things my God doesn't want us to do are live without a brain, breathe liquid or solid, perform magic, and anything else impossible. My God doesn't want us to worship him, (s)he sees no point in it, my God doesnt want us to claim opinion as fact, for that harms our intelligence and makes us delusional. My God does not want that. My god only made us, (s)he isn't our leader or saviour, and we shouldn't really care about him/her.

Do you like my God?

Note: This may have come out wrong, but if you're intelligent enough, you would probably realise what my God is.

I like your God but i like mine better.

JaxN
my god is santa claus!

lord xyz
Are you sure your god would want you to say that? eek! Well, he allowed me to do it, so yes.

Originally posted by Marxman
So you're not really atheist. You're more agnostic. You believe in a higher power but not as it is defined by organized religion. Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is not agnostic. Agnostic is I don't know. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Correct xyz is closer to an Ignostic like me. And you people wonder why I get confused about Agnosticism; so many different explanations of what it is...

siriuswriter
From dictionary.com, an agnostic is a person who believes it is impossible to know whether there is or is not a God

OR

is skeptical as to whether there is a God but does not profess true athiesm. *athiesm being stating "I believe in no God, I have no religion.*

lord xyz
Originally posted by siriuswriter
From dictionary.com, an agnostic is a person who believes it is impossible to know whether there is or is not a God

OR

is skeptical as to whether there is a God but does not profess true athiesm. *athiesm being stating "I believe in no God, I have no religion.* I thought that was what it is, but all these different explanations confused me.

AOR

Do you like my God?

Aeithism is defined as

However I do get what your saying...

Symmetric Chaos
I thought that was what it is, but all these different explanations confused me.

I didn't explain Agnosticism . . . (technically I didn't even explain Ignosticism)

lord xyz
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I didn't explain Agnosticism . . . (technically I didn't even explain Ignosticism) I wasn't refering to you, but I understand how I may have confused you, and I apoligise for that.

Originally posted by AOR
Aeithism is defined as

However I do get what your saying... Yes, and I am an atheist, but as you've already implied my thread isn't about what Atheism is.

Lord Urizen
I think your God is sexy....

I hope he's bi...I already fooled around with Jesus Christ, Zeus, Apollo, Achilles, Krishna, and Kali

I'll add another to my list

Alliance
Why is dictionary.com still percieved as the highest order in arguments?

If I used a dictionary.com definition as the basis for an argument in a paper, I would fail.

Fatima
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

I hope he's bi...I already fooled around with Jesus Christ, Zeus, Apollo, Achilles, Krishna, and Kali

I'll add another to my list

no expression

Lord why do u think that Jesus is gay ?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Fatima
no expression

Lord why do u think that Jesus is gay ?

He had no girlfreind, he has sex with his 12 apostles, and he had sex with me last night droolio

Lord Urizen
okay joke over, i dont want to get banned again

lord xyz

I'll add another to my list Why weren't you banned permanently?

Lord Urizen
Why weren't you banned permanently?

I was. But somehow, I was resurrected. Ne ways I promise, I will troll your forum no longer...pervert's honor smile

Shakyamunison
Well, he allowed me to do it, so yes...

But now your god is pissed at you. stick out tongue

When I read the title of this thread I always think of that Paul McCartney song My Love, but I change it in my head to be My God.

My god does it good.....

lord xyz
But now your god is pissed at you. stick out tongue

When I read the title of this thread I always think of that Paul McCartney song My Love, but I change it in my head to be My God.

My god does it good..... My God isn't pissed at me. He's perfect, everything he didn't want us to do, we can't do. Example: We can't live over a day without breathing because he didn't want us to. My God wants the majority to only be allowed to wank with one hand, my god didn't want us to walk on water. etc

Shakyamunison
My God isn't pissed at me. He's perfect, everything he didn't want us to do, we can't do. Example: We can't live over a day without breathing because he didn't want us to. My God wants the majority to only be allowed to wank with one hand, my god didn't want us to walk on water. etc

I was just talking to your god, and he told me that he was pissed at you. So, send me lots of money and I will talk to him about it. wink

laughing

lord xyz
I was just talking to your god, and he told me that he was pissed at you. So, send me lots of money and I will talk to him about it. wink

laughing I would've said you offended my God, but seeing as you did it, my God can't be offended. Damn me and my perfect God.

Lord Urizen
I would've said you offended my God, but seeing as you did it, my God can't be offended. Damn me and my perfect God.

I thought you were Atheist

Shakyamunison
I thought you were Atheist

He just made up a god, kind of like you did, without all the sex side of things. laughing out loud

Lord Urizen
He just made up a god, kind of like you did, without all the sex side of things. laughing out loud

WHY WOULD SOMEONE SUBTRACT SEX FROM ANYTHING ?!?!!?

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

Shakyamunison
WHY WOULD SOMEONE SUBTRACT SEX FROM ANYTHING ?!?!!?

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

He's 14...

Lord Urizen
He's 14...

I bet he's a VIRGIN ! eek!

Shakyamunison
I bet he's a VIRGIN ! eek!

Don't go there, the man will be busting down your door in no time. laughing

lord xyz
He's 14... 15 wink

Strangelove
The Gods of all organized religions is a fallacy. If there is a god, he/she/it wouldn't pay special attention to a small planet in a relatively small galaxy in all the vastness of the universe. In all likelihood, if there is a God, then he/she/it has no clue that we exist.

Shakyamunison
15 wink

But last year you was 14. roll eyes (sarcastic) What, do you like, change, every year? laughing

lord xyz
Originally posted by Strangelove
The Gods of all organized religions is a fallacy. If there is a god, he/she/it wouldn't pay special attention to a small planet in a relatively small galaxy in all the vastness of the universe. In all likelihood, if there is a God, then he/she/it has no clue that we exist. You didn't read my post did you?

Eis
What's the point of this thread?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Eis
What's the point of this thread? That I as an atheist doesn't say there is no God. But my belief of God, is that outside of organised religion.

Eis
You as an atheist do not believe in God yet you hold a belief of what God is like? Am I missing something here?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Eis
You as an atheist do not believe in God yet you hold a belief of what God is like? Am I missing something here? Yes.

AOR
Originally posted by Strangelove
In all likelihood, if there is a God, then he/she/it has no clue that we exist.

If such a God existed, than they wouldn't be a God. Since any and all forms of "god(s)" are normally defined with the 3-O's, amongst these being Omniscient, to "have no clue" would not know, and a God that does not know is not an all knowing God, and therefore not God.

Dreampanther

Do you like my God?

Actually, I think your God and I will get along pretty well. I don't think I'm an atheist - I like to think that this 60 - 80 years on this ball of mud and water is not the be-all and end-all of my whole existence. I like to think that this is just an adventure, and that death is just the beginning of a whole new adventure.

This basically forces me to think that there is something more out there, something I can't (as yet) explain. Otherwise, if we just existed of brains, blood and balls, we would die and this adventure would be ever.

But I cannot, and will not, accept that. I want to go on and have more, even greater adventures. And in order to do that, I will need to have a spirit, or a soul, or a whatever-you-may-call-it - something that will allow me to exist after death.

That, I think (but I'm not sure) disqualifies me as an atheist.

I like to think of God as an Eternal Watcher, somebody I can talk to when I need to - somebody who made me, somebody who gave me brains, blood and balls, and who's cheering me on, hoping I fulfill all my dreams - yet somebody wise enough to realise that the only way I can learns is to make mistakes.

The same way a mommy or a daddy bird kicks their chick out of the nest - they have fed him, and waited until he is old enough to survive - but at some stage he is either gonna have to fly or die.

What you do is up to you.l

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.