The Ultimate Superhero Challenge!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
The Cosmic Entities of DC and Marvel have decided to gather their greatest heroes in a competition to determine who the most powerful hero of the universe is! They are put through a series of 5 elimination challenges, the person who remains at the end is the winner.

6 Competitors

DC: Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Kyle)
Marvel: Silver Surfer, Thor, Gladiator (full-confidence)

Everyone is bloodlusted.

Test 1: Strength - A superhero must have super strength to fight off villains. Eliminate the weakest remaining contestant. (5 remaining)

Test 2: Durability - Without durability, a superhero has no chance to survive against a powerful foe. Eliminate the least durable remaining contestant. (4 remaining)

Test 3: Speed - If a superhero can't keep up with a villain, he certainly can't defeat him. Eliminate the slowest remaining contestant. (3 remaining)

Test 4: Energy - Physical force isn't the only way to engage a villain. Eliminate the remaining contestant with the least ability to use energy. (2 remaining)

Test 5: Showdown - Even with all the attributes, a great hero must be able to use them with great skill and intelligence to be the Greatest Hero. The 2 remaining contestants battle each other and the survivor of that battle is the winner.

Symmetric Chaos
1: Hal eliminated
2: Thor eliminated
3: WonderWoman elimintaed (not sure on this one)
4: Gladiator eliminated

Batman-Prime
Last Heroe standing..... Superman

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
1: Hal eliminated
2: Thor eliminated
3: WonderWoman elimintaed (not sure on this one)
4: Gladiator eliminated

I agree with this with the final match being Supes vs. SS and SS coming out on top.

DigiMark007
Surfer would get eliminated in teh strength department. Yeah, I said it.

I have Kal facing Kyle. Not sure who wins.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Surfer would get eliminated in teh strength department. Yeah, I said it.

Why?

DigiMark007
The others are stronger. His power lies in his energy manip and speed. He'd be gone in round 1.

Symmetric Chaos
But if he amps with ThePowerCosmic shouldn't he go above Hal?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But if he amps with ThePowerCosmic shouldn't he go above Hal?

GLs can amp strength too...and I've only seen Surfer go so far. It's not really something he does often. Normally, he opts to just blast things. So potentially, maybe. If so, he wins this whole thing. But I don't see him making it past round 1.

Symmetric Chaos
GLs can amp strength too...and I've only seen Surfer go so far. It's not really something he does often. Normally, he opts to just blast things. So potentially, maybe. If so, he wins this whole thing. But I don't see him making it past round 1.

Makes sense to me. smile

Skeets
I'll take Surfer in the strength department any day over a GL.
Surfer throws down with Hulk,Gladiator and other heralds.GL's get knocked on their ass by Deathstroke..... stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Skeets
I'll take Surfer in the strength department any day over a GL.
Surfer throws down with Hulk,Gladiator and other heralds.GL's get knocked on their ass by Deathstroke..... stick out tongue

Surfer throws down with them because of his energy.

And using that obviously dumb fight means nothing. Kyle will get the chance to amp himself...and he can manage easily as much as these people.

Skeets
Surfer throws down with them because of his energy.

And using that obviously dumb fight means nothing. Kyle will get the chance to amp himself...and he can manage easily as much as these people.
Exactly,and the same can be said about Surfer no?
Surfer already starts at or around class 100 which already gives him a big edge over Kyle.

jrodslam
Can someone post where its shown that Surfer starts off at 100cl?

Skeets
At or around class 100.Besides he's proven to be at that strength level fighting H2H with several class 100's and holding his own.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Skeets
At or around class 100.Besides he's proven to be at that level fighting H2H with several class 100's.

What is it that shows this? Did he lift something? Him fighting 2h2 with a 100cl doesnt mean hes in the same strength range. He could only be hanging only via durability.

tdawg14
Originally posted by masterbruce
The Cosmic Entities of DC and Marvel have decided to gather their greatest heroes in a competition to determine who the most powerful hero of the universe is! They are put through a series of 5 elimination challenges, the person who remains at the end is the winner.

6 Competitors

Everyone is bloodlusted.

Test 1: Strength - A superhero must have super strength to fight off villains. Eliminate the weakest remaining contestant. (5 remaining)

Test 2: Durability - Without durability, a superhero has no chance to survive against a powerful foe. Eliminate the least durable remaining contestant. (4 remaining)

Test 3: Speed - If a superhero can't keep up with a villain, he certainly can't defeat him. Eliminate the slowest remaining contestant. (3 remaining)

Test 4: Energy - Physical force isn't the only way to engage a villain. Eliminate the remaining contestant with the least ability to use energy. (2 remaining)

Test 5: Showdown - Even with all the attributes, a great hero must be able to use them with great skill and intelligence to be the Greatest Hero. The 2 remaining contestants battle each other and the survivor of that battle is the winner.

Test 1:
1. Supes
2. Gladiator
3. Thor
4. WW
5. SS
6. Kyle is eliminated

Test 2:
1. SS
2. Supes
3. Glads
4. WW
5. Thor is eliminated

Test 3:
1. SS
2. Supes
3. Glads
4. WW is eliminated

Test 4:

1. SS
2. Supes
3. Glads eliminated

Test 5 :

SS beats Supes

Winner: Silver Surfer

Mindship
GLs can amp strength too...and I've only seen Surfer go so far. It's not really something he does often.
He's not in Ultimate Superhero Challenges often, either. I think he'd make an exception here. IMO, SS wins...not easily, but he wins.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce

6 Competitors

Everyone is bloodlusted.

Thor is a god. He wns.

Magee
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by tdawg14
Test 2:
1. SS
2. Supes
3. Glads
4. WW
5. Thor is eliminated

Thor WOULD NOT be eliminated in the second test. If Thor has shown us anything over the years, it's that he's one durable sumbitch big grin

Diana would lose this round. Thor is faaaar more durable than Wonder Woman any given day of the week and would last longer in a fight than her. Close, but WW loses this test.

SupaEZE
Superman wins

Soljer
Strength? Digi, are you serious?

Without amping, the Surfer is still class 100, and Kyle may be able to press twice his body weight.

With amping, the Surfer has shown to be as strong or stronger than an enraged Hulk, and has gone hand to hand with a unipowered Gladiator.

And beat the shit out of classic abomination while weakened, BARE HANDED. The very same classic abomination whom was supposedly more than twice as strong as the Hulk.

The Surfer definitely isn't lacking strength.

1. Lantern
2. Thor or Wonder Woman
3. Thor or Wonder Woman
4. Gladiator
5. Superman

The Surfer takes this 'challenge.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.