Kintaro vs Hwoarang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
MY all time favor video game boss fighter Kintaro from Mortal Kombat takes on Hwoarang from Tekken. Can Hwoarang over come the sheer power of Kintaro??? Can he wear down the 4 arm beast or get him when Kintaro is roaring to the crowd?? Or will Kintaro put the smack down on Hwoarang??

TricksterPriest
Hwoarang's screwed. Kintaro qualifies as having SNK boss syndrome in MK2. I have no idea how buff he is in Armageddon. But I'd say Hwoarang is outclassed.

Joker1237
Been missing around with Kintaro in Armageddon. He is pretty good. Sure he lacks his stomp(Sheeva has it, Goro has a weaker version of the stomp) but he has some good combos, I been able to take off 47 percent of my foes life bar in Kintaro's combo, so mostly land 2 of thsos and the bouts about over. Sure Moloch has a infinty combo, but it has no effect on Kintaro, as Kintaro cant be juggle(Being a boss and all that). Kintaro also cant be thown. And Kintaro has a great charging thown that is hard for the other guy to dodge. Cant be block. Yeah he has the fire ball. But he relies heavly on juggle people. Thats Kintaro's game plan in Armageddon. It works vs non boss fighters, but against boss fighters like Goro or the Dragon King, or Blaze, than Kintaro's juggling combos are out of the window and he has to relie on his 20 percent damage combos and thowns. Over all a pretty hard fighter to beat if you are not a boss fighter.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, Hworang is outmatched

Major Snafu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hwoarang's screwed. Kintaro qualifies as having SNK boss syndrome in MK2. I have no idea how buff he is in Armageddon. But I'd say Hwoarang is outclassed.

I second that. I spent too many quarters back when MK2 was in the arcades trying to beat this mofo. Kintaro is just too damn strong. Plus, if you try to attack him from the air, he just throws you Geese Howard-style to the ground.

Cloud_VII
Lol who'd be stupid enough to put Hwoarang up against a monster like Kintaro? One might as well put Johnny Cage up against Devil.

Joker1237
I belive Hwoarang can beat Kintaro, he does have some good combos that can hurt Kintaro pretty badly, the down side is Kintaro also has said combos. I think I thown it 50 50. The main reason Kintaro was a beast in MK2 was because the fighters did not have the dail combos. Sure Kintaro takes out major damage with one hit, but Hwoarang should easily pull off a major combo on Kintaro. Of couse it wont be easy.

Cloud_VII
I do not think Hwoarang could hurt Kintaro, really. Isn't Kintaro just like Goro? In Shaolin Monks, Johnny Cage couldn't do jack to Goro, and Goro pounded Johnny and tossed him away as if he was nothing. Johnny Cage's kicks seem stronger than Hwoarang's, so I really don't see how Hwoarang can defeat Kintaro.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Lol who'd be stupid enough to put Hwoarang up against a monster like Kintaro? One might as well put Johnny Cage up against Devil.

Storywise, it was Raiden who put down Kintaro.

Cloud_VII
Hwoarang would lose to Raiden.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Hwoarang would lose to Raiden.

(scoffs) Stick Raiden in a match with anybody and they'll lose...unless you're Liu Kang or the Deadly Alliance.

beta ray bob
who the f-ck puts kintaro against hwaorang?! hwoarang is brutalized and then eaten

Cloud_VII
Exactly. It's like putting Johnny Cage up against Devil. It's pretty obvious Devil would kill Johhny.

beta ray bob
yeah only like 3times worse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.