Masters of Horror - Which episode is the best and your favorite??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Saw that the first episode of the 2nd season of Masters of Horror is coming out soon...and was wondering what your favorite episode of season 1 was? And why? Which episode do you consider to be the best of the series so far? Who takes home the Masters of Horror best episode trophy and who takes home the runner up trophy?

1. John Carpenter - "Cigarette Burns"

2. Stuart Gordon - "Dreams in the Witch House"

3. John Landis - "Deer Woman"

4. Don Coscarelli - "Incident on and off a mountain road"

5. Tobe Hooper - "Dance of the Dead"

6. Joe Dante - "Homecoming"

7. Lucky McKee - "Sick Girl"

8. Dario Argento - "Jenifer"

9. Mick Garris - "Chocolate"

10. Larry Cohen - "Pick Me Up"

11. John McNaughton - "Haeckel's Tale"

12. William Malone - "The Fair Haired Child"

13. Takashi Miike - "Imprint"

That's all the episodes in season 1....so, which one was your favorite and why??

Oh, and Dario Argento's "Pelts" from season 2 looks pretty awesome...

Impediment
"Incident on and off a mountain road." Moonface was such a twisted little shit, wasn't he? stick out tongue

"Dance of the Dead." I like it's faithfulness to Richard Matheson's short story. (Matheson is my favorite author, BTW.)

Wolfie
The only one I've seen is Dance of the Dead, which I didn't like very much.

I've been wanting to see Incident on and off a Mountain Road though.

deathbycorn
Cigarette Burns & Imprint are the only decent episodes from season one.

Sounds Like, Right To Die, & Dream Cruise were the best from season two, imo.

BackFire
Yes, Cigarette Burns and Imprint are the best of the first season.

I also liked Jenifer.

The second season belongs to Sounds Like. So good it was stunning, maybe the best episode in the entire series thus far.

deathbycorn
Yeah. I also forgot The Washingtons. That was my 2nd fave of season 2.

Such a cool story!

Mider999
sooooooooo when are these gonna come out on dvd already

deathbycorn
This is probably the nicest box set of season one from the Sweedish Njuta films. Even though the writing on the boxes would be in Sweedish.

http://217.198.148.114/~njutafilms/omsl-mastersofhorror-box1.jpg

http://217.198.148.114/~njutafilms/omsl-mastersofhorror-box2.jpg

But buy these Anchor Bay UK R2:

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/coverpix/dvd/large/abd4646.jpg

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/coverpix/dvd/large/abd4645.jpg

SelphieT
Haven't seen any of the episodes yet. Now that you guys mention it I really want to know.............I'll have to rent them or something.

Omegaman
Mt. Road was the best so far..Jenifer was creepy and pretty good but I can tell you which ones were the worst too.....The Washingtonians was TERRIBLE!! The Black Cat( great Poe story) was also very bad and an insult to the master!

Mider999
the only new eps ive seen up for dvd are pro-life, pelts, and family

Leathergien
There all amazing!!<3<3<3

Mider999
they added right to die to amazon.com

Mider999
when are they gonna start showing some episodes for season three for preview

deathbycorn

Mider999
is it me or are the newest dvd's comming out really slow compared to the first season.........is it me or is this the truth.

ragesRemorse
Personally the only two episodes i found that were worth watching from season 1 were cigarette burns and the incident on and off a mountain road. Other than that fair haired child might be worth watching but al the others i thought were completely boring and sometimes pretentious. Cigarette burns i thought however, was very good.

From what i have seen of season 2, i feel there is much potential from this show in the future. Saying this there are only three that i completely enjoyed those being the one with the evil ice cream man, the tobe hooer one about the darkness that engulfed the small town and the one with the guy who went insane from working at the call center

BackFire
Oh man I'd love to see a Neil Marshall episode.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
Oh man I'd love to see a Neil Marshall episode.

Wasnt he the cat behind the descent, dog soldiers and killing time?

BackFire
Yep.

ragesRemorse
i heard a rumor from someone that "they" are going to be remaking hellraiser, anyone know somtin bout that?

Mider999
its on upcominghorrormovies.com

doomsday49
Blasphemous!!! They better not fcuk with Hellraiser!!!

dawsey28
I think it is a little late for that. I saw Hellraiser 8 on Sci-Fi. EIGHT... When the hell was 5, 6 or 7?!!! eek!

But anyway, I LOVE these. Everyone. My favorite has to be Homecoming.

Political satire is awesome!!!

Mider999
the dvd's for this season are comming out really slowly or something maybe its just me who thinks that they currently have five out for pre order or order on amazon.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.