Plan B

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathblow
Thought I might as well start a thread, haven't heard any mention of Plan on the forums.

I thought he was awful when I first him, and he is a little jarring to start off with. Very loud, abrasive voice (when rapping), noisy music (combination of standard hip-hop/grime beats and live acoustic guitar) and a ridiculously foul mouth. I found him interesting enough to persevere with though and he bought his album a month or so ago, so glad I gave it a shot. It may be an easy comparison to make, but he really does bring back memories of Eminem circa The Slim Shady LP. He has that raw hunger in his voice, and the same natural knack for story telling. Plus he's an excellent guitarist and a suprisingly good singer.

UK hip-hop meets folk. It can happen. For anyone who has't heard him/has heard either ''No Good'' or ''Mama'' and thinks they won't like him, I recommend listening to ''Sick 2 Def'' before passing judgment. Sounds like no other hip-hop in existence.

The Core
I was sold on him as soon as I caught the "No Good" The Prodigy sample. It is very Eminem-esque, but he sounds more mature on this one than Em did on his own album.

If nothing else, he's a lot more entertaining and credible than The Streets.

The Core
Forgot to add, "No More Eatin'" has a serious RATM vibe.

Alpha Centauri
Just seems like another NME fellatee (Not his fault) and yes I decided that before I even knew the magazine did actually like him.

Can't say I'm a fan of him at all.

He's trying to do something different, I'll give him credit for that, and he has a few decent opinions on music in general, but I can't say I like him. He's not doing anything Jehst hasn't been doing for years now.

-AC

Deathblow
I've never read NME so can't comment on the first bit.

Jehst is the only other UK rapper I'm properly into, but I find Plan a lot more charismatic. In terms of his music (not lyrics), he's doing lots of things Jehst hasn't done, ever.

Alpha Centauri
I think it just depends what you see as charismatic.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
He'll have to resort to plan B.

papabeard
It s ok, but i find it a bit cringeworthy.

vanice
I like the guy. I fall easily for acoustic beats.

The Core
Hadouken! actually made a Plan B remix for "No More Eatin". It's bizarre to say the least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.