I Sense Something...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
When the Falcon is captured by the Death Star, Vader says he sensed a presence. Of course, we know that it is Kenobi he senses. But if we take all the information we have gained in TPM, then he also senses his son, his daughter, the droid he made as a child, and the R2 unit he first flew with. Kind of odd don't you think?

Darth Heinous
Darth Vader meant Ben Kenobi Supossedly he hadn't see Ben Kenobi since Ben knocked Vader into the molten pit at the end of their previous lightsaber dual in Episode 3?

theEviljedi
I know that but in a way it was them all.

Darth Daft
I would have thought that Obi-Wan, being a Jedi, would have a different presence that Vader could sense. The others probably do not give him a feeling that is unique, whereas Obi-Wan does.

finti
Vader also senses Luke in the fight scene over Death Star, "The force is strong with this one." Kind of odd he dosent sense Leia though, but maby they cant sense things if they use the force. Like Luke had help from the force, and used it in the fight at Death Star which made Vader able to sense him. Anakin might use the force,unawere of it, when he asked Qui-Gon all the questions. Leia might not take use of the force because of her strong personality and share willpower. She has been trained for leadership since a very young age.

UnknownBountyHunter
I think that only users of the Force are able to sense other users of the Force. Kind of like an intergalactic conscious if you will. Makes plenty of sense to me. Simple, here is the layout:
Leia was unaware of her having the force, once Luke says she has it she says "In a strange way, I knew", but she never actually "used" the force, therefore she was unable to be sensed by others. Vader didn't ever sense Luke's existence until after Beru and Owen were killed and OB1 took Luke as an apprentice, therefore Vader sensed Luke only then! I think all other aspects of familiarization (C3PO, R2-D2) were not sensed, just merely coincidental if he recognized them, since being robots, they didn't have any actual thinking or conscious of their own.

Gundark
Well put, UBH. Droids are like basically garbage on most worlds, I don't think Vader would have bothered to notice that he had seen them in the past.

UnknownBountyHunter
Thank you Gundie. The truth UBH sees well, hmm?

Gundark
At least you didn't have to dodge a swinging purse over this one. Hehehe. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.