How fast is 1GB RAM ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Does anyone have 1GB RAM PC ? if so how fast is 1GB RAM ? Thanks

Barker
I'd say 45 MPH, at least.

K73SK
miles per hour, lol nice...

well lets put it this way, i had 512 before 1gb, and i feel the major differences. most of my games FPS changed a lot. quake3 went from 150 to 230, and a few of my others only increased by 30 concidering they're newer. starting up windows isn't as bad...so yeah it's good :]

dirkdirden

K73SK
^ very true

TOH
Originally posted by coolmovies
Pretty fast.

Bardock42

Less than 2...which...I happen to have. Yeah. I know I am cool.

Blaxican
This is kind of random, but ya know the teraflop processor is almost completed?

Bloigen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Less than 2...which...I happen to have. Yeah. I know I am cool.

I have two aswell, take that.

coolmovies
576 ram now (was 64 ram when i brought it ) and 20 GB hard disk. I had my PC for six years . Should i buy a new one ? Thanks

S_W_LeGenD
RAM Speed Factor:

The speed of a RAM is determined by MHz and is indicated by its model. Their are different models of RAM available.

Look for the "PC 1xxx" sign on the RAM. A few examples are:

- PC 2100 Model is DDR 266 (133 MHz x 2)
- PC 2700 Model is DDR 333 (166 MHz x 2)
- PC 3200 Model is DDR 400 (200 MHz x 2)
- PC2 4200 Model is DDR 533 (266 MHz x 2)
- PC2 5300 Model is DDR 667 (333 Mhz x 2)

Note that PC2 Models are DDR II RAM Sticks. But PC Models are DDR RAM Sticks.

The higher the MHz, the more faster will be your RAM.

RAM Size Factor:

Then regarding the size factor of RAM: Bigger size also can help increase the performance in certain applications that demand more RAM space.

For example: DOOM 3 game will run on 512 MB RAM but if you use "High Quality" Settings then the game will stutter in various situations and Frame-rates will be not be very good. But if you have 1 GB RAM, then you can run DOOM 3 at "High Quality" Settings and it will run smooth (Frame-rate will be higher) and stuttering issues will be very low.

Conclusion:

So both the speed and size of the RAM can contribute to increase in performance of applications that you run in your computer. And it is always recommended to get a RAM Stick from a good company. For example: Corsair is a good brand.

BakaXero
2Gb w00t

Barker
448 MB. no expression

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by BakaXero
2Gb w00t
2 GB Rocks! wink

LinixCobra
We have to remember that there are only two CPU manufactures. INTEL and AMD use different ways to utilize your RAM. INTEL uses FSB speed while AMD uses BUSS speed.

K73SK
just got 4gb w00t

Mr. Sandman
Apple's new desktop holds 16GB of RAM.

Just thought you guys should know.

Utrigita
couldn't care less have 768 and is happy big grin

doan_m
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Apple's new desktop holds 16GB of RAM.

Just thought you guys should know.

You mean the apple mac pro 4-Core Workstation? No thanks. The 1 GB version of that bugger is approx $2400 +. A 16 GB ram version would be horrendous on the wallet. And besides, it comes with lousy comprimises, namely the half-assed Nvidia 7300 GT video card, which is pretty much... the worse Nvidia card out of the 7000+ series.

Stalker 360
i have one but im upgrading to 4 soon.

Bigon
Very much faster than 356MB. It does tasks in an instant which this RAM really struggles with. Faster beyond compare to 128 MB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.