I always lie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LifeInSepia
Shove that in your paradoxical pipe and smoke it smokin'

TPS
*Shoves you in jelly*

Take that, liar.

LifeInSepia
*eats all the jelly* yum yum, in my tum! Thankyou, mysterious stranger!

MR.Grum
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
*eats all the jelly* yum yum, in my tum! Thankyou, mysterious stranger! This sentance is a lie is The Peradox.

Kongu Dude
You don't wanna' know what Kongu does to liars. gun2313

TPS
I always lie is also a paradox.

I believe you are thinking about:

This statement is flase

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by MR.Grum
This sentance is a lie is The Peradox.

yes, and so is I always lie. Think about it:

I always lie.

Therefore, the satement must be a lie, and i must be telling the truth. However, if i am indeed telling the truth, i am making a contradiction. I am telling teh truth, when i specificaly siad that i lie, rendering teh staement a lie, thus making the satement true. If it is true (as we have already established), then i am lying, and we get a loop like that

stick out tongue

Here is another one:

1)The statement marked 2) is true
2)The statement marked 1) is flase

Kongu Dude
blink

TPS
So is "To have peace you must prepare for war."

Bardock42
yes, and so is I always lie. Think about it:

I always lie.

Therefore, the satement must be a lie, and i must be telling the truth. However, if i am indeed telling the truth, i am making a contradiction. I am telling teh truth, when i specificaly siad that i lie, rendering teh staement a lie, thus making the satement true. If it is true (as we have already established), then i am lying, and we get a loop like that

stick out tongue

Here is another one:

1)The statement marked 2) is true
2)The statement marked 1) is flase

No, we don't.

Not in the real word where "tertium non datur" does not apply.

"I always lie" is indeed a lie, but here in the real world, that doesn't meant that you always speak the truth, just that you do sometimes.

End of paradox.

Kongu Dude
Hmm. 131wank

TPS
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, we don't.

Not in the real word where "tertium non datur" does not apply.

"I always lie" is indeed a lie, but here in the real world, that doesn't meant that you always speak the truth, just that you do sometimes.

End of paradox.

You are wrong.

"I ALWAYS lie" states just that... you NEVER tell the truth. Therein, saying that you always lie would mean you are telling the truth about always lying. Therein, you must have lied about always lying.

Hense, Paradox.

Bardock42
Originally posted by TPS
You are wrong.

"I ALWAYS lie" states just that... you NEVER tell the truth. Therein, saying that you always lie would mean you are telling the truth about always lying. Therein, you must have lied about always lying.

Hense, Paradox.

No, I am right. He must have lied about always lying, indeed. That doesn't mean that he is always stating the truth.

A lie in the case of "I always lie" means "I do not always lie", not "I always tell the truth".

So there is no paradox there.

That's the thing, there are more possibilities in the real world that just true and false.

TPS
No, I am right. He must have lied about always lying, indeed. That doesn't mean that he is always stating the truth.

A lie in the case of "I always lie" means "I do not always lie", not "I always tell the truth".

So there is no paradox there.

That's the thing, there are more possibilities in the real world that just true and false.

Nuh-uh!

For somebody to say "I always lie" would mean they are lying when they say said statement. Therefore, they cannot ALWAYS be lying, as they just said truthfully they always lie.

There is no "sometimes," there is only black or white. In this instance, anyways. There is no half-truth, no once in a while. They are speaking in absolutes in the statement in question.

johnnyforever
shock

Kongu Dude
shockyes

smoker4
Sometimes it snows in April

TPS
Sometimes

Dr. Badass420
Shove that in your paradoxical pipe and smoke it smokin'
hmm really now?

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by smoker4
Sometimes it snows in April
Yeah.

§P0oONY
Bardock is correct!

Bardock42

LifeInSepia
Usually.

Lets try again.

I (do) always lie.

He is lying => I do not always lie (NOT: I always tell the truth)

Hhe can't say the truth, because if hhe would then she would always lie.

I don't see the problem.

i think you may be right thar. but meh other one (the 1) and 2) thing) works ermmnone

Bardock42
i think you may be right thar. but meh other one (the 1) and 2) thing) works ermmnone

Aslo only if you accept "true" and "false" as the only possibilities.

LifeInSepia
Aslo only if you accept "true" and "false" as the only possibilities.

yes, they are. read it again ermmnone

Bardock42
yes, they are. read it again ermmnone

...only if you accept "true" and "false" as the only possilities.

LifeInSepia
...only if you accept "true" and "false" as the only possilities.

and they are

Bardock42
and they are

No, they actually aren't...in reality.

JacopeX
Shove that in your paradoxical pipe and smoke it smokin' Shut up. That line is so stupid and unfunny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.