Zhang Yimou's Curse of the Golden Flower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah, talk about a moving picture! Every single shot in the movie is absolutely astonishingly beautiful!

I don't think Curse of the Golden Flower has been released in the west yet, but I just saw it on DVD over here, and it was breath-taking.

The plot is intricately Shakespearian and Oedipal, but it's the sheer beauty of the film that makes it worth watching. The first fight between the emperor and his son is very, very cool, and it also has some incredible battle scenes: The black dudes descending into the valley is amazing, and the final battle out-epics the battles in LOTR.

The soul of the movie is a little empty, but when your eyes are being treated this well, this is just a minor quibble. Oh, plus Zhang Ziyi isn't in it...

Here's the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/curseofthegoldenflower/

Anyway, who else has seen it?

WrathfulDwarf
Currently is in theathers right now. Except is a limited release. Haven't made plans to see it but I'm very much interested. The trailers so far have been astounding and highly aesthetic. Defenetly caught my attention when I first saw the trailer.

MildPossession
I nearly bought it on dvd a few days ago but went with something else... forgive me.

Aizen
I was so damn impresed, a must see to every damn movie freak out there!!!

Solo
I plan on seeing it very soon.

jaden101
mentioned it months ago...noone was interested...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/433171_1-curse-of-the-golden-flower

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think my thread wins because I capitalised the name. Yay!

jaden101
you rock...

lilylidou
The sence is amazing.
Bu I doesn't like it.
Because It has no good stroy.
And near everyone in this movie is bad.
I can't see any light.

MildPossession
I was disappointed by the film as a whole compared to his other work but it's gorgeous to watch, visuals are beautiful. It's quite slow throughout the film but gets better half way through.

ChristinaDeath
This movie was brilliant! Gong Li is a wonderful actress! I bought it on DVD when it came out and I loved it! The shots were amazing! The storylinecould have been better, however.

Strangelove
I love Zhang Yimou's work, I'm working on trying to find it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.