Is it safe to run your pc 24/7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Is it safe to leave your pc on 24/7 ?

Thorinn
Yes.

When it starts to lag, then give it a rest.

LinixCobra
PCs can stay on for practically ever, but you do need to shut it down every once in a while to clear the RAM because it becomes slow after a while. The best thing to do is leave it on idle of sleep mode. I dont recommend you leave PCs on tho unless your running a server.

Help
It is but leaves it vunerable to virus attacks so get an antivirus

dirkdirden
Good rule of thumb is if you aren't going to use your computer for the next 6 hours turn if off. leaving it on will ware it down faster, not by much but it will, but turning it on and off every few hours will ware it down much faster so leave it on if your only going to not use it for a few hours.

Also you can program your computer to restart every 24 hours if you leave your computer on all day long like I do.

soin2cal
It may be safe but hardly anyone realizes the danger side of leaving them on that long. For example it has been in news that people (rarely admittedly) had an electric fault for leaving their computer on for ages especially, it can blow the computer up and harm.

gamu
No way It can be safe. Only servers of hosting companies a
re safe in that respect .

Stalker 360
well my uptime is currently verging on a month. alot of restarts due to new programs but all in all its been running for close to a month straight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.