Dumbledore: Who is the Love of his life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Unicor777
Is there anything in the books that mght suggest that DD was ever married, or in love with someone.
Could that someone be Minerva?
Any suggestions?

doan_m
As far as I scoured, I haven't even seen a hint of a love life anywhere. Methinks Rowling wanted to enliken him to a wise, holy man.

The Phantom
Originally posted by doan_m
As far as I scoured, I haven't even seen a hint of a love life anywhere. Methinks Rowling wanted to enliken him to a wise, holy man. Who is justing using that cover because he is afraid of commitment. :P

I've thought many times Minerva was DD's lover, but I forget why but that theory was destroyed.

doan_m
Originally posted by The Phantom
Who is justing using that cover because he is afraid of commitment. :P

Or is far too committed to Harry....

siriuswriter
I agree with the "wise, holy man" theory. Just too committed to fighting off dark lords, really ruins the home life.

Unicor777
Yes, but despite how much holy and wise he is, he still needs love, especially since love is his theory of life. But consider it the other way around. Minerva, is also wise, strong in principle, and single. IF any one could be his match then that one is Minerva, although she is second in command. But she has a lot of qualitties: Wise, practical, strong, honest.... and most of all she cares for him. I remember a passage in the Order of Phoenix, when Fudge tried to arrest DD in his cabinet and thereated him that he can not fight alone, to what Minerva replied that DD is not alone, - this indicates that she was ready to risk everything for him. Can't that be love?

Can some one think of another match for DD

siriuswriter
Perhaps someone he lost to Grindelwald.

melane
Originally posted by Unicor777
Yes, but despite how much holy and wise he is, he still needs love, especially since love is his theory of life. But consider it the other way around. Minerva, is also wise, strong in principle, and single. IF any one could be his match then that one is Minerva, although she is second in command. But she has a lot of qualitties: Wise, practical, strong, honest.... and most of all she cares for him. I remember a passage in the Order of Phoenix, when Fudge tried to arrest DD in his cabinet and thereated him that he can not fight alone, to what Minerva replied that DD is not alone, - this indicates that she was ready to risk everything for him. Can't that be love?

Can some one think of another match for DD
Um..Trewany(sp?)

siriuswriter
Originally posted by melane
Um..Trewany(sp?)

Xed... he met the woman when she made Harry and Voldy's prophecy, and he thinks she's slighty ridiculous.

Unicor777
hahaha,
Well, lets go trough the mayor female characters/ single or not necessery, because DD can have platonic relation with someone (like Snape & Narcisa), and see. And after a while we can put a poll

siriuswriter
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Perhaps someone he lost to Grindelwald.

Personally, I like my theory. Someone he lost to Grindelwald, and that's why he's so extra devoted now...

Unicor777
I also like your theory, but it gives us not much to discuss, because we don't know those that died because of Grindelwald. So that could be one option, but in addition any one else, that would qualify for him?

RogueWitch
how about poppy? big grin

Waterslicer
uh.... Madame Maxime!

Unicor777
What about Arabela Figg?

melane
Um..What about whats-her-name?The O.W.L. examiner girl(woman)?

Blue_Hefner
Harry. . .in fact, Dumbledore sort reminds me of Micheal Jackson

Unicor777
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

hahaha ha ha

siriuswriter

Oh dear God...

So good at oblviation that even JK Rowling doesn't remember it...

RogueWitch

laughing

good one!

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by RogueWitch
laughing

good one!

I didn't mean that in a bad way. He just seems to like kids more than adults to me.

siriuswriter

Talk to me again when that crooked nose peaks and he's suddenly black.

Blue_Hefner
You guys are taking the quote the wrong way.

melane
We are??ermm

Unicor777
Then correct us Blue Hefner

RogueWitch
yeah... huh

Blue_Hefner
The old man seems to like children more than adults.

Unicor777
yeah, but if you imply that DD is a pedophile then you are wrong. And from where you get those ideas? On one side he is more protective to children, but that goes in line of his function of Headmaster, and thats understandible.

RogueWitch
exactly... yes

melane
mhmm

Unicor777
so, who else would fit as DDs love?

fozzy2k5
i would sy it is possible that it would be rosmerta or pomfrey

[=Luffyz=]
Dumbledore+No Luv= :[

Poor Dumbledore...*tear* sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.