Dragonball Z Budoukai : Tenkaichi 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/TMlico/bt2logo.gif

Just wondering who picked this awesome game up, and if you'd like to share any strategies.

My major shortcomings in this game are melee range fighting and teleporting effectively.

2, but if there is another one about 2, please feel free to delete this one]

Some videos I found on youtube of it :

Gohan vs Bardock, Goku, and SSJ4 Gogeta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8UVvHMc0z8

SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta take on Baby Vegeta, Broly, Kid Buu, Super 17, and Syn Shenron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5WjlDHuro

Vegeta vs Goku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57xP82zvHRI

Goku family vs Vegeta family
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3Na8Zxzjc

SSJ4 Goku vs Kid Buu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnD9kbvsXxo

Magee

((The_Anomaly))
Actually...Tenkaichi 2 is WAYYY better then Tenkaichi 1, way better. I cant stress it enough. This is not only the best DBZ game of all time, but its the most fun and action packed fighter I've ever played. Seriously the first Tenkaichi feels like it was a mere demo of this game, unfinished, broken in a lot of areas, and just incomplete. Conversely, this game is polished, huge, long as hell (for a fighting game, if you play on the medium/hard difficulty). And just plain fun, especially if you like the Dragonball series(s). Although it takes a while to get used to it (On the Wii anyways) the new controls add a completely new level of awesomeness to this game, its challenging to get ahold of, but at the same time very rewarding. And as a bonus the Wii visuals are slightly better then the PS2 visuals.

I've been playing this game constantly for like two weeks now, and it seriously rules. It singlehandedly rekindled my interest in DBZ after all these years. Its well worth the money, especially if your a DBZ fan.

I give this game a 9/10, without hesitation.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
My major shortcomings in this game are melee range fighting and teleporting effectively.

Haha, so your shortcomings are everything about the fighting? stick out tongue I joke I joke. The teleporting (although DBZ characters dont "teleport" it only looks that way because they're moving so fast, but whatever"winkand the melee are pretty easy once you get the hang of it. BTW are you playing the PS2 or Wii version of the game?

Magee
Well no doubt I will get this game at some point since I have every other dbz game on ps2. Just from what I've seen in trailers and read in reviews it doesn't seem to be that much different from the first. This game also, for me gets very repetitive, not as bad as the budokai series mind you but still it gets there.

SaTsuJiN
well what I mean is that when trying to charge up for an energy strike and someone dashes in for a melee assault, its sortof difficult to fend them off right away cuz I dont really know the game that well.

as for the teleporting.. alot of times I see people pulling off the 'instant transmission' at some crazy times.. like when someone launches an energy volley at them, or while they're getting combo'd

I have it on ps2

((The_Anomaly))
Well only Goku, SSJ4 Goku, Meta-Cooler, Gogeta and Cell have instant transmission as I can remember. And it takes 2 blast stocks to use IT, so its not like you can use it constantly.

Onigami79
I'm interested with LSSJ Broly's "turn" to be taken on since Majin Buu Saga began. His stage is always the same at Glacier ( except Broly Saga and The 2nd Coming ). I'd like to be Goku ( any form ) if I want to battle against him. So why Broly appears in some crucial stages just like Majin Buu Saga, Wrath of Dragon, Baby The Avenger, Ultimate Android, Evil Dragon of Absolute Destruction, and Destined Rivals. What's the Broly's position in Dragon Adventure ? I think he's just like Shin Akuma in Final Battle Mode.

SaTsuJiN
in tenkai 2 the game just follows the sagas... he is sortof after the middle of the game but there are quite a lot of characters to fight after him to consider him that strong

though I will say when I fight friends who dont know how to play I pick him to tease them stick out tongue

the green bomb sphere is just too cool

Onigami79
Well, can you answer if Broly's damage power in special stage like Glacier could be the same as Broly's in his sagas although his stage level is different ?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Onigami79
Well, can you answer if Broly's damage power in special stage like Glacier could be the same as Broly's in his sagas although his stage level is different ?

stages do not affect any character's power, as far as I know

King Kandy
I can't meven win the second fight...m How the hell do I not get killed by Radditz in like five seconds?

Onigami79
LSSJ Broly appear's in special stage like Glacier in the crucial sagas ( I think !! ) :
Majin Buu Saga > 15 appearances
Fusion Reborn > 3 appearances
Wrath of The Dragon > 5 apperances
Baby, The Avenger > 100% or 5 appearances
Ultimate Android > 100% or 6 appearances
Evil Dragon of Absolute Destruction > 100% or 6 appearances
Destined Rivals > 8 apperances
So, you count them correctly, I'm sure that you'll know who's the dominant fighter ( CPU ) in Dragon Adventure.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/932683.html <-- Tenkaichi 2 FAQs / Guides , etc

King Kandy >> I suggest reading the game mechanics FAQ
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/dragon_ball_z_bt_2_mech.txt

this coupled with some time in the training mode should help you whip radditz right quick

-----------------

and I truly have no idea about the brolli thing... I just play to get the characters unlocked and after that I just do vs mode with my friends embarrasment

so if you have any extra info, feel free to share wink

King Kandy
...Never mind, I just set the mode to easy...

King Kandy
What's the best tactic for taking on Oozaru's? So far the only success I've had is with getting as far away from them as possible and shooting them with charged Ki-Blasts, but eventualy they always get their hands on me and just keep pounding me until I die...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by King Kandy
What's the best tactic for taking on Oozaru's? So far the only success I've had is with getting as far away from them as possible and shooting them with charged Ki-Blasts, but eventualy they always get their hands on me and just keep pounding me until I die...

You should use charged-up melee hits to send them flying backwards (usually upwards is good, cuz then they have to fall back down giving you more time) to give yourself some breathing room.. then just hammer them with beams or lesser ki blasts...

stick to the keep-away strategy, as most melee strikes wont phase them status-effect wise

King Kandy
...That's a good idea. I forgot I could do that. I hate how that don't recoil when you hit them, thus it's impossible to combo them... And they block almost anything you do... I'll try that though.

((The_Anomaly))
I never had any trouble with Oozaru's, just block, teleport around them quick, do the trip move and then beat the hell out of them, and while they're flying away hit them with a decent Blast 2. Thats all there is too it really. I fight Oozaru's (and Giant Slug and Hirudegarn) no different then I fight regular sized people.

ArthasKnight
I noticed on gamefaqs it says you can unlock Grandpa Gohan, Kid Goku, and Great Ape Turles. Now, I don't know if you can get another power ball other than those needed for the Great Apes, Nappa/Raditz/Vegeta/Bardock. If I can get another one, great. My problem is Grandpa Gohan and Kid Goku. The only saga I haven't finished is Fateful Brothers so it might be there's a way to unlock them after finishing that. Can anyone help me out? I know you need the fox mask and Master Roshi's Pupil to unlock Gohan, do you get them after that saga?

SaTsuJiN
Yeah I find that wierd too.. cuz in story mode it says I completed 100% of the saga... but I'm willing to bet that those yellow squares on the map have something to do with it

King Kandy
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I noticed on gamefaqs it says you can unlock Grandpa Gohan, Kid Goku, and Great Ape Turles. Now, I don't know if you can get another power ball other than those needed for the Great Apes, Nappa/Raditz/Vegeta/Bardock.
Is It possible? I got Great Ape Turles just by using Nappa's on him...

Lord Rock
I will maybe get this game this weeksmile Cant waitsmile

Lord Rock
And its of course the Wii-versionsmile

SaTsuJiN
Is It possible? I got Great Ape Turles just by using Nappa's on him...

you do in fact get more power balls as you play through the entire adventure mode (some of them are in the sagas that require conditions to be met before they're unlocked)

mith fox
Ok I just rented this game and I absolutely LOVE IT. The only thing is I'm on the 3rd saga already (saga of the slug I think its called) and i dont want to spend $40.00 get home play it for a hour and then beat it. Dose any one know how many gameplay hours there really are in the game or how many saga's their are thank you.

King Kandy
If you're in slug you're not even CLOSE to done... Expect something like the playtime to complete it being 20x what you've done so far.

I have a freind who plays with me... He always uses Android 16 and 17, and he's freakishly good with them. I need help figuring out how to beat him...

I'll start off okay, rushing and pounding him, but since Androids have that infinite energy shit, he'll eventually knock me away, and now he's fully charged up... He uses say, Hell Flash or Delta Combination... I get knocked around, and after I fall to the ground, before I can even get up he does it again! And again and Again! He's out of energy, so we fight for a second, I mabye get a blast two attack on him or something, but in like five seconds he starts doing special rushes again... He burns through 2-3 of my characters before I can put him down...

How do I defend against his rushes?

SaTsuJiN
well .. buying a fighting game for the story mode is a waste to begin with.. thats like buying tekken and saying you dont wanna waste 40 dollars if the arcade mode isnt long enough

fighters are mostly purchased for the 2player modes because learning the game mechanics are the main focus

as for Tenkaichi 2, the "dragon adventure" is quite lengthy, there are also RPG elements where you purchase items to equip in the "slots" to give the characters different properties (some items can only be recieved via Shenron, (and I think the namekian dragon)

To do a strong guard against rushes.. you hold O to guard, then while holding O, you press and hold Triangle.. and they will take a deeper blocking stance... the person who rushes you will be knocked backwards if they hit you, and you will both become momentarily disoriented

another way to defeat a rush is either another rush (which will involve a cutscene analog rotation battle), a well timed teleport, or one of those self-exploding type moves (the ones that create an outward burst of energy in a sphere-shape)

Rewmac

How do I defend against his rushes? Finishing move right into the bastard's face.

mith fox
How long dose it take before you can use transformations like into ss in story mode.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by mith fox
How long dose it take before you can use transformations like into ss in story mode.

I 'think' as soon as you finish the battle where the transformation debuts you can use it... but always check the VS mode (duel mode) to be sure

in some cases you have to do Z-Fusion and create the form to become available to use in duel... and maybe some are noted as available in the Rewards menu at the end of battles

example :

Play as Gohan (Super Saiyan)
Reach the part where you fight Android 17 and 18 in History Of Trunks Story mode.

Play as Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
Defeat Dabura with Gohan (Super Saiyan 2) in Majin Buu Saga Story mode to unlock him.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Rewmac
Finishing move right into the bastard's face.
Never have the chance. But I'll try the "Deep Block" thing.

mith fox
Question about z transformation

Ok i was adding Z transformation thingys to my charchter and i added a health +5 and it raised his level up 5 but what I dont understand is do i have more health or just a higher level. and becasue of that question i took off all the other z items and just replaced them with heal +5 so dose it really matter what you add to them also dose it really make a differnce in combat?

Ultimate Hulk43
Everything increases whenever you give the Z Fighters or whoever Z Items, not just the rating.

frylock
I had the same question so I could add +5 health and increase in my attack?

SaTsuJiN
I believe the level is just a "battle power" like rating system to compare your character with the enemy character

(I have no idea if the 'level' increases attack power, etc.. but I doubt it)

when you equip +5 health, it should give you a few life bars more hit points

and if you equip more + Ki, you should start the round with more Ki than the default value

this is from some article I found on the net :

After each win you grab a few hundred experience points that go to your items. When a certain number is reach, an item will gain a level and add more power to your character. So, a character with +5 health will have trouble defeating a character with +12 health, because the latter will have more health bars and take longer to KO

mith fox
Ok I somewhat understand it now and also today i do officially own dbz tenckieachi 2(sry for spelling)

((The_Anomaly))
To answer the powerball question all you have to do is keep replaying a stage where you get a powerball at the end, then use it on Vegeta (scouter), Nappa, Bardock, Raditz, Turles to get their Oozaru form. Any powerball will work with any saiyan who can use it, it makes no difference where you got it from. The only exceptions are Great Ape Goku and Great Ape Baby, which dont use the powerball.

Onigami79
Many people said that they hate fighting LSSJ Broly in Duel Mode ( VS Mode ) coz' of his massive overpower. I want to ask who'll be more difficult to be beaten : LSSJ Broly or Omega Shenron ( if you have them in Duel Mode ).

((The_Anomaly))
Broly isnt overpowered. He's weak in comparison to a good deal of other characters. Broly is a middle of the road character, he's about as good as USSJ Vegeta from the Cell saga. Goku SSJ2 can easily stomp him out with his attacks and speed advantage.

SaTsuJiN
yeah and when he's regular ssj (with the teal colored hair) he doesn't have a dashing ultimate blast -,-

Emperor Ashtar
Game looks fun but, I think Super DragonBall Z is better.

SaTsuJiN
is that the one by the original SFII dev team?

I dunno.. I cant help it but I think Dragonball should be in 3d

Emperor Ashtar
is that the one by the original SFII dev team?

I dunno.. I cant help it but I think Dragonball should be in 3d
Yeah, Noritaka Funizu( The guy behind almost every successful capcom fighting game), and various other ex- capcom guys. the game is in 3-D though.

Goku Vs Vegeta:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcrRHMU-1w

Piccolo Vs Frieza: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og08H0vt3tc

Emperor Ashtar
The game plays like a traditional fighter,Has destructable backgrounds, and has a great fighting engine.Aesthetically, the game follows the manga rather than the anime which is great. Though it needs to be more polished.

SaTsuJiN
Yikes.. thats quite unconventional.. and its actually good you say? ( quite a heavy statement from a fighting game fan such as yourself )

and what do you mean by "it follows the manga" ?

Its getting mixed reviews.. seems to fall in between the lines of "half-assed virtua fighter" and "Damn this game is good"

Emperor Ashtar
Yikes.. thats quite unconventional.. and its actually good you say? ( quite a heavy statement from a fighting game fan such as yourself )
I play fighting games competitively though, not casualy.This is the only DBZ game with an engine fit for competitive play.

and what do you mean by "it follows the manga" ?
In terms of animations, and aesthetics. Didn't you notice the comic book effects such as :"Boom", "Gasshan", and etc.

Its getting mixed reviews.. seems to fall in between the lines of "half-assed virtua fighter" and "Damn this game is good"

Casual fans most likely will hate it, but, competitive fighting fans have praised it alot.

SaTsuJiN
Hmm... well I definitely play fighters to win.. though I doubt I'm as pro as you (not much competition in my 'oh so small' town)

but I'll be looking to pick it up for a rental, since I'm having a hard time grasping that this game could be good >_>
especially since theres no brolli messed

Emperor Ashtar
Hmm... well I definitely play fighters to win.. though I doubt I'm as pro as you (not much competition in my 'oh so small' town) Well, I'm no pro though my cousin has just entered the pro circuit after 15 years of playing Street Fighter.I'm goiing to follow suite soon.

but I'll be looking to pick it up for a rental, since I'm having a hard time grasping that this game could be good >_>
especially since theres no brolli messed

Like I said, this game isn't for casual players.If your looking for a "spectacular" (And I use that word lightley) DBZ game with tons of characters and transformations (Regardless of how unblaanced it is), then your better off with Tenkaiichi or Budokai 3. But, if you want a good balanced fighting game, and like DBZ this game is the right choice.

Emperor Ashtar
Here's some more vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YZviKlR3bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hV_F1pPYtc

When I first saw this game, I thought it was crappy as well. So, I tried not to think of it as a DragonBall game but as a fighting game(Which is what i is). Soon I found myself hooked on youtube vids, and here I'am. Like I said, it's a great fighting game, it's just not one of those DragonBall Fanservice games. Besides, it's the only DragonBall game that has been approved by Akira Toriyama, he even Re-drew Mecha Frieza.

mith fox
I think the game looks like fun but i dont belive it is betterthan tenkichi 2

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by mith fox
I think the game looks like fun but i dont belive it is betterthan tenkichi 2

That's because it's not as flashy, this game didn't get much casual support which is why the arcade scene died so fast. sad

SaTsuJiN
The thing is tenkaichi 2 just isnt balanced... and somehow I think thats appropriate, as we couldnt expect krillin to take out brolli or some similar matchup

but from a gameplay standpoint it does bother me because theres nothing more I care about than balanced gameplay

(having top tier and so forth really irritates me)

as far as being close to the anime.. none comes closer than Tenkai2

but I shall be attempting ChoDBZ sometime in the future

Emperor Ashtar
The thing is tenkaichi 2 just isnt balanced... and somehow I think thats appropriate, as we couldnt expect krillin to take out brolli or some similar matchup

but from a gameplay standpoint it does bother me because theres nothing more I care about than balanced gameplay

(having top tier and so forth really irritates me)

as far as being close to the anime.. none comes closer than Tenkai2

but I shall be attempting ChoDBZ sometime in the future
All games have tiers, it's inevitable fact in fighting games. Tiers just determine which character is easier to win with. But, the thing is every character is capable of winning. It's just that with top tiers it's easier to accomplish.

Oh, and Chou DragonBall Z is closer to the manga stick out tongue

Prestige
I have to agree with Ms. Ashtar here. While Tenkaichi 2 is more flashy and "cool", it's just plain not fit for competitive play. I mean if Tenkaichi 2 had a pro seen, every single player would only be choosing from like 3 different characters, simply because it would be so difficult to win with anyone else. Every fighting game has tiers, but in Tenkaichi 2 they're are a few characters that are just way better than the rest.

SaTsuJiN
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/japan-now-hates-dragon-ball-z-184845.php

Emperor Ashtar
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/japan-now-hates-dragon-ball-z-184845.php

That's because the arcade version was more popular, this game should have been ported five years ago when it came out. The scene most likely died out right before the game came out, like I said.

Emperor Ashtar
Honestly, this is another "Apples and Oranges" argument. Tenkaichi 2 isn't even really a conventional fighting game. It's more of a DBZ sim, infact tenkaichi is closer to an action game then a fighting game.

SaTsuJiN
I personally find the whole point of dragonball to be the theatrics / flair of the over-the-top energy / physical combat

chouZ has none of that.. but I'll still be looking to get my hands on it in the meantime

Emperor Ashtar
I personally find the whole point of dragonball to be the theatrics / flair of the over-the-top energy / physical combat

Yeah, but that's really all Tenkaichi has though.

olympian
I think BT2 its actually fairly balanced when it comes to the main roaster, including the weaker ones like the humans.

Its when you get to guys like Roshi and the like that you have to work way harder to look competitive.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by olympian
I think BT2 its actually fairly balanced when it comes to the main roaster, including the weaker ones like the humans.

Its when you get to guys like Roshi and the like that you have to work way harder to look competitive. So, your saying a character like Kurrin can stand up to say Vegeto, Gogeta, Gotenks, and Super Buu? I have a hard time believeing that, especially since the cast in tenkaichi is way to large to be balanced out properly.

olympian
Just most of them. Those you mention are the over the top powering exceptions but still Krillin has the tools to stand a chance.

I personally consider super Buu "easier" to win than either the other three. Even when i use Yamcha, Tien and Chauzou.

Roshi, Videl and that really lower rank, now those dont at all. Well, you can, but the chances are slim and will oblige you to evolve good tactics in order to stand up.

Emperor Ashtar
Just most of them. Those you mention are the over the top powering exceptions but still Krillin has the tools to stand a chance.

I personally consider super Buu "easier" to win than either the other three. Even when i use Yamcha, Tien and Chauzou.

Roshi, Videl and that really lower rank, now those dont at all. Well, you can, but the chances are slim and will oblige you to evolve good tactics in order to stand up.
Anyone can win with anybody, my point is there really isn't much of a middle ground in Tenkaichi 2. You either have the power house characters with multiple transformations and then you have canon fodder humans and other weak characters. What chance does Kurrin stand against Goku with all his transformations? This game seems fun, I'll admitt it. But, as far as balanced goes I just don't see it.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah you're better off picking a popular character... krillin does have good moves, but they're easily thwarted

olympian
I dont play Krillin myself, but the humans have good stuff overall.

Heck Chaouzu like a few, doesnt even need alot of bars to keep trowing his specials and blasts even if they dont do as much damage as say Goku, buts its balanced out by the fact he can keep trowing while most have to find the timing to power up. Hes also fast and easier to miss because of his size.

Sure, i get what you are saying tho. Theres a big gap in the lower rank and the upper ones. When you play those, unless you repeat ad neasum the specials, your down. But i dont place the top humans at the lower rank, tho. In fact i feel that of all the top humans, Krillin is the easiest to counter. As far as my fav to play, well its the three humans (Yamcha, Chau, Tien) and Paykuhan and Bardock. I also like ultimate Gohan because of its more agressive style wich Bardock also have.

SaTsuJiN
I kinda like the villains.. Cell , Freeza, Cooler, Brolli

Emperor Ashtar
Ugh, I hate brolli he's movies were terrible and he's the worst villain IMO.The only antagonist from the movies that were memorable were: Metal Cooler, Bojack, janenba, and Dr. Kochin.

SaTsuJiN
the only stupid thing about brolli was that some half-assed shoryuken from a badly beaten goku defeated him

then the half assed triple kamehameha in the 1st movie... it just goes on and on

aside from 'movie plot' brolli... I love his special moves... that tiny orb that explodes like a nuclear bomb is too awesome

King Kandy
I hate Super Android Thirteen... At least when I'm not playing as him. It's like, you wait five seconds and he's up to full energy.

SaTsuJiN
I think thats cuz the androids can use the charge button when they arent locked onto you to get energy mega fast

King Kandy
I think thats cuz the androids can use the charge button when they arent locked onto you to get energy mega fast
Androids can't charge execpt whne there first bar is full.

What do you do with those membership card silver/gold whatever things?

olympian
Unlock more abilities i think.

SaTsuJiN
damn.. trunks with the sword blows pretty badly.. is there something good about him that I'm missing?.... cell saga trunks is better in every way IMO

olympian
I dont like the super buff Saiyan Trunks. He`s way too slow. Android # 16 shares the same problem as well.

Sword Trunks has some nice moves, but it gets better if you get him in Sayan mode.

And is "Giant" Roshi a playable version in the game or just there in the Giants tower training?

King Kandy
And is "Giant" Roshi a playable version in the game or just there in the Giants tower training?
Yeah. You unlock him in the Metal Cooler arc.

does ANYONE know what the member cards do??!!?!!

SaTsuJiN
Yeah. You unlock him in the Metal Cooler arc.

does ANYONE know what the member cards do??!!?!!

apparently membership cards make more Z-items available

King Kandy
Hmm.... Maybe THAT's the secret to getting young goku.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I noticed on gamefaqs it says you can unlock Grandpa Gohan, Kid Goku, and Great Ape Turles. Now, I don't know if you can get another power ball other than those needed for the Great Apes, Nappa/Raditz/Vegeta/Bardock. If I can get another one, great. My problem is Grandpa Gohan and Kid Goku. The only saga I haven't finished is Fateful Brothers so it might be there's a way to unlock them after finishing that. Can anyone help me out? I know you need the fox mask and Master Roshi's Pupil to unlock Gohan, do you get them after that saga?
I figured this out. Fight in Kami's lookout (It should be a white marker) in destined rivals. You'll fight grandpa Gohan there, and unlock kid goku and master roshi's pupil... I'm not sure how to get fox mask.

juggernaut66666
I really missed the Broly from movie 10.

King Kandy
To get Fox mask, go to a white spot during the Buu/Hercule team up section and fight Yamcha. It's a "Survive" match, but he's pretty easy to beat.

You'll get Fox Mask, and an astounding 1,000,000 zennie.

SaTsuJiN
To get Fox mask, go to a white spot during the Buu/Hercule team up section and fight Yamcha. It's a "Survive" match, but he's pretty easy to beat.

You'll get Fox Mask, and an astounding 1,000,000 zennie.

I tried him but I cant seem to survive... and I took his HP to 0 and he didnt die either

King Kandy
I tried him but I cant seem to survive... and I took his HP to 0 and he didnt die either
Hmmm... It wasn't too hard for me, but I don't know what to recommend.

King Kandy
I CAN'T F*CKING BEAT FINAL BATTLE GREAT APE BABY!!!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT HIM! I SPENT TWO HOURS FIGHTING HIM AND STILL KEEP LOSING!!

((The_Anomaly))
I CAN'T F*CKING BEAT FINAL BATTLE GREAT APE BABY!!!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT HIM! I SPENT TWO HOURS FIGHTING HIM AND STILL KEEP LOSING!!

Yea this one was annoying. He keeps flying at you and punching you repeatedly before you can do anything to counter, my question: are you playing on the Wii or PS2 version? Cause with the Wii version you can do a 'smash' attack by holding the 'A' Button and shaking the Wiimote a bit, this allows you to do a full power smash attack almost instantly. The basic idea is when he gets near you and tries to smash you, beat him to the chase with the Wiimote-shake-smash attack then keep pelting him with 10X Kamehameha's, I'm not sure if the PS2 version has the same kind of ability somehow though. Another thing that will help is to give SSJ4 Goku the "halo" item which allows you to use any Blast 2 attacks etc. at half the usual needed energy.

To get the 'Halo' fuse: 'One Who Loves Justice' and 'King Yemma's Stamp' together. (Plus when you use it with characters who had/have it in the show, the Halo shows up over your character, which is pretty cool)

Anyways, thats my advice.

SaTsuJiN
Also, usually its not possible to hit apes with cutscene special moves, but this isnt the case with the exploding dragon fist that goku4 has.... me and my nephew pelted him with that until he croaked

King Kandy
Also, usually its not possible to hit apes with cutscene special moves, but this isnt the case with the exploding dragon fist that goku4 has.... me and my nephew pelted him with that until he croaked
Well THAT'S certainly good to know...

This whole time I never even thought of using that move.

King Kandy
Upon closer examination (I.E. Actualy trying it out), one of my methods for getting Grandpa Gohan DOES NOT WORK!

It's the one for the item that isn't fox mask. The other one.

King Kandy
I figured this out. Fight in Kami's lookout (It should be a white marker) in destined rivals. You'll fight grandpa Gohan there, and unlock kid goku and master roshi's pupil... I'm not sure how to get fox mask.
Nvrmind. It DOES work. I got confused.

King Kandy
How do you change the difficulty setting when you're facing the computer in duel mode?

((The_Anomaly))
With the duel options screen, the screen with Trunks on it. Go its in the options there.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
With the duel options screen, the screen with Trunks on it. Go its in the options there.
Thanks.

((The_Anomaly))
Werd

SaTsuJiN
so who is everyones best character?

I'm thinking of settling on freeza (final form)

((The_Anomaly))
I couldn't decide who I like best. I use Goku mostly (not SSJ4). But I'm also good with Teen Gohan, Kid Buu and Majin Vegeta.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. Believe it or not, Hercule can be one of the best (if not the best) characters in the game if used properly. He can power up real fast, and you can keep using that one special move of his until the opponent's dead. I even managed to beat SSJ4 Gogeta with Hercule doing that D: (on like the hardest difficulty too).

I'm also great with Piccolo and Goku's father smile, Bardock.

King Kandy
so who is everyones best character?

I'm thinking of settling on freeza (final form)
Easy... Gogeta and Omega Shenron.

The GT characters are so overpowered it's not even funny.

((The_Anomaly))
I dont use the GT characters too often, although I do use Super #17 a lot. I'll use Uub on occasion too.

King Kandy
I dont use the GT characters too often, although I do use Super #17 a lot. I'll use Uub on occasion too.
Really? Because I think Super 17 and Uub are two of the least powerful GT characters.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea thats why I use them. With Gogeta, and the SSJ4's and Shenron I can beat the CPU in under a minute if I really want to. Its pointless to use them because it becomes so easy to win that it takes the fun out of it.

King Kandy
Yea thats why I use them. With Gogeta, and the SSJ4's and Shenron I can beat the CPU in under a minute if I really want to. Its pointless to use them because it becomes so easy to win that it takes the fun out of it.
I only use them when I'm fighting my freind.

He chooses them too, so it gets pretty repetitive after a while.

It's sometimes fun to put Omega Shenron agains like, five characters, though.

SaTsuJiN
I enjoy using the low end characters (not the silly ones like videl and mr. satan.. but chars like kid gohan, krillin, sword trunks, etc) to defeat the most powerful chars

King Kandy
Yeah... But I'd bet fighting competitivly you'd want more power then that.

Ridley_Prime
I enjoy using the low end characters (not the silly ones like videl and mr. satan.. but chars like kid gohan, krillin, sword trunks, etc) to defeat the most powerful chars
Dude. Mr. Satan pwns if used properly. eek! Seriously.

Magee
Yea but he is just to annoying and gay for me to actually enjoy playing as him.

((The_Anomaly))
Goku is all I need for power. SSJ3 is more then enough, but I hardly even use SSJ3, generally don't go past SSJ2 with Goku.

SaTsuJiN
I find SSJ armor trunks (not 'super trunks') to be the cheapest.. 2 bars to spam a rush move lol... kid buu equally follows suit in that cheapness

I wind up liking the villains (brolly , cell, freeza) .. the only 'good guy' I kinda like is adult gohan with the piccolo clothing on (he does the bros. kamehameha).. and well.. beams kinda suck in this game since they're easily avoided.. so for the most part he's rendered useless

I've noticed though... at seemingly random times.. characters will recharge ki at a much much slower rate than usual.. I cant tell if its from getting beat up , or being tired from throwing energy...
I know for sure that being in the water slows it down.. but it happens even when I'm on dry land

King Kandy
The only good beams are non-charge ones, since you can fling then out when the other guys right up in your face.

Android 17 is the cheapest, by far, you can almost do continual rushes.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Meh. Believe it or not, Hercule can be one of the best (if not the best) characters in the game if used properly. He can power up real fast, and you can keep using that one special move of his until the opponent's dead. I even managed to beat SSJ4 Gogeta with Hercule doing that D: (on like the hardest difficulty too).

I'm also great with Piccolo and Goku's father smile, Bardock.
Oh. I almost forgot...

I'm also great with Android 18. Her Distructo Disks seem to be decently more powerful than Krillen's. Plus, I love that super finishing move of hers laughing (Sadistic 18). It's classic...

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh. I almost forgot...

I'm also great with Android 18. Her Distructo Disks seem to be decently more powerful than Krillen's. Plus, I love that super finishing move of hers laughing (Sadistic 18). It's classic...

I agree. I'm an expert with Android 18. She has such a great combination of moves. Her Android Barrier is what makes her a dangerous character since it only requires one blast stock. Oh, and I'm also good with Videl. Believe me, she is good. Although she barely has and ki attacks, her rush attacks and speed is what makes her dangerous. When she becomes Great Saiyawoman, she's even more dangerous.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I agree. I'm an expert with Android 18. She has such a great combination of moves. Her Android Barrier is what makes her a dangerous character since it only requires one blast stock. Oh, and I'm also good with Videl. Believe me, she is good. Although she barely has and ki attacks, her rush attacks and speed is what makes her dangerous. When she becomes Great Saiyawoman, she's even more dangerous.
Heh. Yeah. Videl's speed combined with her easy-to-use rush attacks can overwhelm an opponent to the point where it gets... annoying. stick out tongue 'tis something I learned from that game first hand. >.>

And of course, another reason's 18's great is because you don't really have to power up when using her (unless it's for like the ultimate special) because you start out at full energy (when not in max power mode), and her energy recharges quickly after using Ki blasts and what not (needless to say, the regular 17 has that ability as well, but I don't find his specials to be quite as unique/powerful).

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, I know. Android 17 doesn't have any attacks that make him stand out from the rest, like Android 17. I'll tell you one thing, though: Android 18 is one dangerous character.

Darkstorm Zero
I play this game fairly frequently,and have (IMO) managed tomaster several characters.

Though I must admit they are mostly at thehigh end, SSJ4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Vegito (Both), Goku (All), Vegeta (All), Turles... Ect Ect...

SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega are my two best by far though.

SaTsuJiN
lol 1st form freeza for me... near death?.. just change forms and get yet another lifebar... woo for gameplay issues~

((The_Anomaly))
I don't much like the villains, I usually use the saiyans.

Darkstorm Zero
lol 1st form freeza for me... near death?.. just change forms and get yet another lifebar... woo for gameplay issues~

Hardly matters when someone starts with eight of them stick out tongue

I don't much like the villains, I usually use the saiyans.

Eh, they all become booring quickly though

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hardly matters when someone starts with eight of them stick out tongue

Eh, they all become booring quickly though

freeza starts with 3 bars and can get 4 more lol (but cant have any more than 3 at any given time).. so its pretty even if you don't screw up

Darkstorm Zero
freeza starts with 3 bars and can get 4 more lol (but cant have any more than 3 at any given time).. so its pretty even if you don't screw up

I can do the same thing with the Syn to Omega transformation, butIonly get one stick out tongue

Or the Goku SSJ4 and Vegeta SSJ4 fusion, and get a free Ultimate in the bargain. but again, I only get one. The big difference maker though is the increased stats I get with the Higher ups... I can easily knockoff 3 + lifebars with a Big Bang Kamehameha x 100 with SSJ4 Gogeta.

SaTsuJiN
I can easily knockoff 3 + lifebars with a Big Bang Kamehameha x 100 with SSJ4 Gogeta.

its even easier to press O to teleport out the way erm

is that a cutscene based move?

Yoshi Fanatic
I can do the same thing with the Syn to Omega transformation, butIonly get one stick out tongue

Or the Goku SSJ4 and Vegeta SSJ4 fusion, and get a free Ultimate in the bargain. but again, I only get one. The big difference maker though is the increased stats I get with the Higher ups... I can easily knockoff 3 + lifebars with a Big Bang Kamehameha x 100 with SSJ4 Gogeta.

Regardless of how powerful a beam attack is, it's still easy to dodge. The only way a person could get hit by a beam attack is if they're close to you. If they're far away, then they could easily dodge it.

King Kandy
its even easier to press O to teleport out the way erm

is that a cutscene based move?
Yeah... It's instant activation, you use it when like... Someones rushing you, or is right next to you.

Darkstorm Zero
It'sa beam attack, yeah it'scutscene, thats why I love touseit after a heavy dragon smash, makes it considerably harder to dodge stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.