The Prestige

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
It comes out Feb. 20th (US release).

Anyone planning on buying it?

I am.

Discuss!

Solo
I'll wait a while for a used copy.

Wolfie
I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard, it sounds like a stupid version of The Illusionist.

Solo
It's a lot of fun, give it a chance.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Wolfie
I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard, it sounds like a stupid version of The Illusionist.

It's actually the other way around.

I've seen both movies (and can therefore actually make a valid judgement).

The Illusionist wasn't bad, but it was nowhere near The Prestige.

Give it a chance.

T.M
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It comes out Feb. 20th (US release).

Anyone planning on buying it?

I am.

Discuss!

I will be getting it for sure.. not out untill 12th March here though sad

Dusty
Ahh! For sure! One of the best movies of the year, IMO.

Plus, I own every movie by Chris Nolan. So, I might as well.

darktim1
I heard it has a good ending.

wuTa
Originally posted by Dusty
Ahh! For sure! One of the best movies of the year, IMO.

Plus, I own every movie by Chris Nolan. So, I might as well.

Do you have The Follower?

MildPossession
Urgh, The Illusionist was a massive let down.

Will be renting The Prestige when out here.

i bought the pretige the day before it came out on dvd and loved it. I think it's better than the illusionist but the illusionist was also a very good movie.

RedAlertv2
Definitely gonna buy it soon

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
The thing about the Prestige is that it goes back and forth so much that when it comes to the ending you're not all that surprised. Although tis still a good movie.

Evil Dead
I liked the Illusionist better. They didn't give you enough information to figure out the end until about 1hr or so into it..........The Prestige on the other hand, I had figured out in literally 15 minutes.........just stuck around to see if I was right. It was pretty good.......but not as good as the Illusionist.

Dusty
Originally posted by wuTa
Do you have The Follower?

You mean "The Following"?

Yes.

wuTa
You mean "The Following"?

Yes.

Yea, thats it, that movie any good?

The Core
Ahhh..your both wrong. There's no "The".

Leggy_n_Merry
Yep I shall definitely be buying it, I loved the film. I won't buy it straight away though because it'll no doubt go down in price within the next few months. I only ever buy films as soon as they come out if I absolutely really really really (haha) love the film and just have to have it!

RedAlertv2
F*cking amazing movie. Even though I thought I had it figured out about half way through, it still managed to blow my mind.

Dusty
I saw the DVD for The Prestige at target, yesterday. The design is great.

Originally posted by wuTa
Yea, thats it, that movie any good?

Yup.

dave_kodak
i was thinking about renting it tonight, and if i enjoy it i may buy it, i need to buy a new movie. erm

Dusty
Originally posted by dave_kodak
i need to buy a new movie. erm

Not really.

dave_kodak
Not really. well it doesnt have to be new, but the last time i bought one was.... 8 months ago, and last time i rented anything was 4 or 5 months ago.

i feel overdue to spend money.

When was tha last time u got a new and or old movie?

**Edited**

LORDSIDIOUS01
The Prestige was a good movie. I liked i a lot.

FistOfThe North
i liked "The Prestige". I thought it a better movie than "The Illusionist".

Silverstein
i liked this movie too, although i dont think we can really compare illusionist to prestige, although they are both based around magic...one is more love oriented and the other is rivalry based.

bigflames
i thought it was pretty awesome, didnt see the main twist coming at all, i havent seen the illusionist though but alot of my friends said they enjoyed the prestige alot more anyways

lilylidou
ha,I have looked it.

exanda kane
Did The Illusionist ever surface in the UK? I didn't see it on at any local screens at all.

But as for the Prestige, a great film, which although I thought I knew the ending a while before it happened, enjoyed watching it all the way through. Great amount of talent in there.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by exanda kane
Did The Illusionist ever surface in the UK? I didn't see it on at any local screens at all.

But as for the Prestige, a great film, which although I thought I knew the ending a while before it happened, enjoyed watching it all the way through. Great amount of talent in there.

Well I saw it in the cinema. I don't think it was there for long though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.