wireless cards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

terd40
ok help me out here, if i get a sprint wireless card and i connect to the internet through them then am i using a more powerful card than normal or is sprint sending a signal everywhere like a cell phone signal. if this is so then is the internet frequency 802.11 or whatever it is and can i use a stonger antenna tuned to that frequency and pick the internet up. if i could process that frequency that is. that would connect every computer with out the use of phones or cables. that would mean that the internet would be supported by us and we could use it for free.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by terd40
ok help me out here, if i get a sprint wireless card and i connect to the internet through them then am i using a more powerful card than normal or is sprint sending a signal everywhere like a cell phone signal. if this is so then is the internet frequency 802.11 or whatever it is and can i use a stonger antenna tuned to that frequency and pick the internet up. if i could process that frequency that is. that would connect every computer with out the use of phones or cables. that would mean that the internet would be supported by us and we could use it for free.

I'm sure they figured out how to make that not happen.

terd40
who are they?...

=Tired Hiker=
who are they?...

The people who control the internets.

§uffer§noopy
laughing out loud

a1hsauce
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The people who control the internets. Al gore yes

ha ha...Terd smile

terd40
so back to the first question, is the card stronger or is the signal stronger?

LinixCobra
Your probably picking up the Signal which Sprint has set up its called an Access Point. You dont really need to have the Sprint card to connect to it the reason why they give you one is so you dont have to buy one. If you prefer one thats better then go ahead.

terd40
So if i knew the frequency i could log onto their servers?

Barker
What the f**k?

Thorinn
Originally posted by Barker
What the f**k?

terd40
if they are broadcasting it into our homes then i think we have a right to use it

LinixCobra
if they are broadcasting it into our homes then i think we have a right to use it

Thats a dumb thing to say... I suggest you read up on how wireless signals work... I say it again I suggest you read up on how WIRELESS SIGNALS work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.