Does god really look like this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
Why is it that god is always represented and shown as a Caucasian male with grey hair and a beard what are peoples views on this?

Alfheim
Well if you practised Vodun "God" would not be white.

sexyking
Originally posted by Alfheim

I hope this doesn't sound like i am criticising your post but this isn't about colour but about how is interpreted as a whole, why the white old man with a beard? Although you post is also valid as its in content of the topic.

Alfheim
Originally posted by sexyking
I hope this doesn't sound like i am criticising your post but this isn't about colour but about how is interpreted as a whole, why the white old man with a beard? Although you post is also valid as its in content of the topic.

Well ok. I guess God is seen as an old man, because age is to do with wisdom and a man because the male sex is usually associated with strength. Its just supposed to be symbolic.

sexyking
Well ok. I guess God is seen as an old man, because age is to do with wisdom and a man because the male sex is usually associated with strength. Its just supposed to be symbolic.

I always took that god is shown as a man because it states that he created man in his image and well Adam was first.

Mindship
Yes.

lil bitchiness

Yeah, Krishna is not white either. Hes blue happy

Alfheim
I always took that god is shown as a man because it states that he created man in his image and well Adam was first.

Again I dont think thats supposed to be taken literally. I think the point is that humans have a similar spirit to God.

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah, Krishna is not white either. Hes blue happy

Krishna is cool he reminds me of Thor....sorry back on topic

lord xyz
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah, Krishna is not white either. Hes blue happy He's Valuxian?

Mindship
Nah, just very cold.

Shakyamunison
Why is it that god is always represented and shown as a Caucasian male with grey hair and a beard what are peoples views on this?

That is not at all how I see God.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Mindship
Nah, just very cold.

Blasphemy!!!

siriuswriter
I think that's just easy, how little kids see God, the old man in the sky, sitting on a throne in the clouds. It's very easy for them to grasp that. In Sunday School, with little three and four year olds, it's very hard to explain abstract concepts...

Atlantis001
No, God is a flying spaghetti monster.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

siriuswriter
Haha! Thank you....

AngryManatee
http://www.skierpage.com/images/southparkgod.jpg

AOR

Because the paitings were subject to the artist's interpretation. If you think God is a giant spaghetti monster, than by all means roll eyes (sarcastic)

Badabing
Why is it that god is always represented and shown as a Caucasian male with grey hair and a beard what are peoples views on this? I believe we see and represent God in our own image.

dirkdirden
I think gods a metro.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
Nah, just very cold. laughing out loud <--- kinda like this color.

Though god could be every color visible and invisible... smart

DarkC
It depends on perspective and your religion; everyone has a God, we just have different names for them. Asians have Buddha (fat robed monk), Middle Easterns have Allah (black bearded dude) and of course, Roman Catholics and Christians have our God.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DarkC
Asians have Buddha (fat robed monk), Middle Easterns have Allah (black bearded dude) and of course, Roman Catholics and Christians have our God.

shocking

Alliance
It depends on perspective and your religion; everyone has a God, we just have different names for them. Asians have Buddha (fat robed monk), Middle Easterns have Allah (black bearded dude) and of course, Roman Catholics and Christians have our God.

I like how the first two religions are defined by regions and then the last two are termed "Roman Catholics and Christians" as if they were exclusive.

An no, not everyone has a god.

Shakyamunison

However, Buddha is not considered to be god by all forms of Buddhism. I am a Buddhist and I do not think that Buddha divine any more or less then you or I.

Each and every one of us is a Buddha deep inside. You simply need to awaken to that knowledge.

Rogue Jedi
i saw a special a while back, i think it was the discovery channel, and they claimed to have scientific evidence as to what he looked like.

Boris
All hail the great Spagettii Monster!

Rogue Jedi
mmmm.....sketti.

Bardock42
Originally posted by AngryManatee
http://www.skierpage.com/images/southparkgod.jpg

Oh, God.

Dreampanther
God looks like an old white man with a beard because old white men with beards wrote the Bible.

You dig?

Strangelove
Why is it that god is always represented and shown as a Caucasian male with grey hair and a beard what are peoples views on this? Morgan Freeman is God no expression

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Strangelove
Morgan Freeman is God no expression

Wouldn't that have made the world a fairer, better place to live?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.