cyclops runs the spiderman villian gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
cyclops vs spidey villains!

1. scorpian
2. lizard
3. shocker
4. mysterio
5. doc ock
6. green goblin
7. carnage
8. venom

i'm not overly familiar with how spidey's villains stack up against each other, so forgive me if the order isn't correct.

1st scenario: cyke and enemy are randomly placed in new york city and cyke is totally healed after each fight. everyone is in character.

2nd scenario: cyke and enemy are randomly placed in an abandoned new york city and cyke is totally blood lusted for each fight. he gets healed after every battle.

so, how far does he get?

guy222
Originally posted by emporerpants

1. scorpian
2. lizard
3. shocker
4. mysterio
5. doc ock
6. green goblin
7. carnage
8. venom

i'm not overly familiar with how spidey's villains stack up against each other, so forgive me if the order isn't correct.

1st scenario: cyke and enemy are randomly placed in new york city and cyke is totally healed after each fight. everyone is in character.

2nd scenario: cyke and enemy are randomly placed in an abandoned new york city and cyke is totally blood lusted for each fight. he gets healed after every battle.

so, how far does he get?

Cyclops gets to 7

LORDSIDIOUS01

1. scorpian
2. lizard
3. shocker
4. mysterio
5. doc ock
6. green goblin
7. carnage
8. venom

so, how far does he get?

Cyclops runs this gauntlet straight thru and wins.

DigiMark007
Am I the only one who thinks he'd lose a fair share of these. He's got human durability, after all...

Priest
Gets to six max, 4 could give him problems as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Stops at 5.

By the time Cyc finds DocOck a trap will already be set up for him.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Am I the only one who thinks he'd lose a fair share of these. He's got human durability, after all...

Honestly, I don't see what's stopping him from clearing this list. no expression

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Honestly, I don't see what's stopping him from clearing this list. no expression

If spiderman can take Cycke, don't you think Venom could?

Badabing
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No, with PIS and CIS off, he will not go far.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
If spiderman can take Cycke, don't you think Venom could?

If I recall correctly, neither Venom nor Carnage have a spider-sense.

And if Scott isn't holding back, he won't have to use any lame blasts. He can just decimate the entire area that his opponent is in.

masterbruce
If I recall correctly, neither Venom nor Carnage have a spider-sense.

And if Scott isn't holding back, he won't have to use any lame blasts. He can just decimate the entire area that his opponent is in.

I see.

emporerpants
hmmm, whats the range on cyke's blasts? would it be feasible for him to launch venom into space with a non-stop blast going up?

doctorstrongbad
Cyclops has destroyed a mountain with one blast. With spider-sense, Venom and Carnage are in trouble.

Cyclops can clear this gaunlet.

X-Logan
Cyclops beats all of them.

Board Walker
Cyc clears this, no holding back cyc is full powered omni spraying, no one is surviving this.

Venom and Carnage? They have both shown they have a limit on their damage soak, Cyc not holing back is going to shatter their soak limit in seconds with a constant omni spray

srankmissingnin
I think Shocker has the best chance of beating Cyclops... embarrasment

I feel sick. sick

Accel
It depends on how Cyclops goes about this gauntlet. If he tries to shoot narrow beams at each opponent, then his first fight could be a re-enactment of Origins with Wolverine.

If he's in "Get off my lawn" Mode, then he could potentially clear it.

emporerpants
yeah, i think in the first scenario he's bound to be beaten by someone, possibly early on. in the second scenario, i think he has a pretty good shot at clearing it.

xmeat
he gets to five and thats being generous venom and carnage can dodge he blast and beat the shit outta him.

emporerpants
in the first scenario sure. in the second scenario though, how exactly are carnage and venom dodging the omni-blast?

xmeat
in the first scenario sure. in the second scenario though, how exactly are carnage and venom dodging the omni-blast? you make it sound as though nobody can dodge his beams it also depends the environment there in.

emporerpants
i've stated the enviroment for both scenarios, and have you actually seen the omni blast? carnage and venom have zero chance of dodging it.

xmeat
i've stated the enviroment for both scenarios, and have you actually seen the omni blast? carnage and venom have zero chance of dodging it. that doesn't stop him from getting knocked the **** out right off the bat cyc wont omni blast as soon as he sees the two.

emporerpants
actually, a blood lusted cyke WILL omni blast those two right off the bat.

xmeat
actually, a blood lusted cyke WILL omni blast those two right off the bat. a bloodlusted carnage will stab him right off the bat.

emporerpants
except he'd probably get blasted long before that.

Bol Gath
blood lusted cyke is NOT to be trifled with.

xmeat
Originally posted by Bol Gath
blood lusted cyke is NOT to be trifled with. and venom fighting juggs and supes is a joke then please cyclops out of his league.

emporerpants
*sigh* PIS anyone? oh, and supes was depowered in that fight i hope you realize.

Beta Ray Howard
In the second scenario he'd do more damage, but he'd wear out quicker. First scenario he'd get to Carnage or Venom, and they're probably too fast for him, and he's not packing enough ammo to put them down.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by xmeat
and venom fighting juggs and supes is a joke then please cyclops out of his league.
They were jokes. Venom has no business fighting Juggernaut or Superman as they would take absolutely zero damage and, in Juggernaut's case he might have trouble getting at him, decimate him.

emporerpants
and also xmeat, do you think that venom could really beat superman? if you do, then this discussion is over, as your opinion on anything is immediately rendered irrelevent and a sin in the eyse of God.

bigbran
and also xmeat, do you think that venom could really beat superman? if you do, then this discussion is over, as your opinion on anything is immediately rendered irrelevent and a sin in the eyse of God. laughing

emporerpants
beta ray, you make a good case. in the second scenario he still gets fully charged after each fight, so he'd be at full power for each of them. still though, its possible he won't be able to put them down for the ko. although i think he probably could.

xmeat
everything is pis to you people pis,pis,pis,pis,pis, STFU

Oh and venom also fought hulk he may not win against juggs, supes,or hulk. But he did quite well.

emporerpants
pis is pis. i don't care if you don't like it, its pis. pis pis pis. get over it. venom isn't even in the same league as superman, juggs, or hulk. to say that he is to admitt that you ride the short bus.

xmeat
pis is pis. i don't care if you don't like it, its pis. pis pis pis. get over it. venom isn't even in the same league as superman, juggs, or hulk. to say that he is to admitt that you ride the short bus.

your not a comic book writer so i'll take their words over your pis response anyday.

emporerpants
you honestly think that venom is in the same league as supes, hulk, and juggs? i suppose you also think that spidey can take firelord right?
alright, from now on i'm blind to anything you say. i'm not going to waste time reading whatever ill informed tripe you see fit to type, as you've just proven that your IQ matches your shoe size. please, do the world a favor and never have unprotected sex as the world can ill afford more of your ilk. there is no "P" in this gene "ool", lets keep it that way.

Ptr_Grifin
Well the fight is in a abandoned city. Even in scenario 2 I wouldn't give Cyke 10/10. There are many ways Venom and Carnage could pull off a win. Imagine the Venom rush technique (MvC) creeping slowly and silently. Not to mention they could easily move around without Cyke knowing, and Cyke isn't sneaking up on them without them knowing it.

Cyclops shouldn't just be firing off the full beam. For one he would get tired if he didn't get the hit in, and he also could hit something that could be hazardous to him. Debris could be a problem, not to mention a falling building.

emporerpants
well, if he did an omni-blast it would be because he saw them, when the does the omni-blast, he WILL hit whichever one he is trying to hit. also, debris won't be a problem. however, i agree that venom and carnage could take him by sneaking up on him.

xmeat
you honestly think that venom is in the same league as supes, hulk, and juggs? i suppose you also think that spidey can take firelord right?
alright, from now on i'm blind to anything you say. i'm not going to waste time reading whatever ill informed tripe you see fit to type, as you've just proven that your IQ matches your shoe size. please, do the world a favor and never have unprotected sex as the world can ill afford more of your ilk. there is no "P" in this gene "ool", lets keep it that way. no i said he can hold his own stop putting words in my mouth.

Ptr_Grifin
I kind of figured after a while of not seeing them he would just go berserk and paint the town red.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by xmeat
no i said he can hold his own stop putting words in my mouth.

Even I got to admit he shouldn't be able to hold his own against Superman. Although I like throwing that instance out there every now and then.

emporerpants
well, i don't think he'd do that, he is pretty darn good at the whole tactics thing. although its still a possiblity that he may try that. i still say carnage and venoms best chance would be to sneak up on him and take him out that way.

Ptr_Grifin
Would a blood lusted Cyclops still have enough sanity to be as good of a tactician as he normally is? I would imagine he would be making some mistakes.

emporerpants
yeah, i agree, which is why i said i thought it could still happen. i don't think he would make that mistake, but its definetly possible.

Ptr_Grifin
Venom and Carnage are basically the predators in the concrete jungle. I would give them a slight majority over a blood lusted Cyclops in that setting.

emporerpants
yeah, you have a point. i'll go 5/10 for a bloodlusted cyke against them.

Jyppe
Umm, how would an omni directional blast drain his power? Apparently Cyke's power is to open a portal into a realm filled with the energy he shoots. He doesn't produce the energy on his own.

I'm not sure how he controls the intensity of his powers without his visor, but we do know that he has held back in nearly all of his fights. (Mental blocks or something ) And when he went nearly/all out, he was able to break the "unbreakable" door in the CW tie in. I think he had help with him, but that he was one of the main factors in the event.

I dunno

emporerpants
bump. ah, this was from back in the days of xmeat. nice.

Endless Mike
I think Mysterio could trick him and probably win

emporerpants
agreed. mysterio has a good shot at stopping cyke imo.

Aztec123
First scenario he stops at dr. octopus. I can see him having trouble with mysterio, but if he fights intellegently, he can defeat him.

Second scenario, i can see him clearing it. All he has to do is take off his visor and it's game over.

Raoul

1. scorpian
2. lizard
3. shocker
4. mysterio
5. doc ock
6. green goblin
7. carnage
8. venom

so, how far does he get?

1. he gets to carnage, imo.
2. he clears it, imo.

as a great man once said:

"Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better."

Juk3n
Originally posted by Accel

"Get off my lawn" Mode
laughing GoML mode ftw.

very high potential to loose to all these guys here because of his merely human durability, Humns dont tend to do well vs Spidey badies really, hell half the time Spidey doesnt do to well vs these guys.

He could clear all - but all it takes is a 1 shot from any of these guys and its..

*kiss - goodnight suger*

Erik-Lensherr

The visor.

jinzin
Originally posted by Accel
It depends on how Cyclops goes about this gauntlet. If he tries to shoot narrow beams at each opponent, then his first fight could be a re-enactment of Origins with Wolverine.

If he's in "Get off my lawn" Mode, then he could potentially clear it. co-signed.

Placidity
Whats this "omni-blast" that keeps popping up? Since when did Cyke have an omni-directional blast. Are people confusing him with Havok?

Obsidian Fury
Did Cyclops not at one point send out a blast powerful enough to obliverate a small planet?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raoul

"Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better."

That is complete and utter bias. Impressive but definetly does not make him the greatest superhero.

Obsidian Fury
Cyclops defeated the entire X-Men at one point as well, did he not, and then built a pile of X-Men?

emporerpants
the omni blast is in cyke's respect thread.

Metalmanx
I still think that Cyke has a great chance of clearing this.

Raoul
Originally posted by Placidity
Whats this "omni-blast" that keeps popping up? Since when did Cyke have an omni-directional blast. Are people confusing him with Havok?

its a wide ange, almost 180 degree blast...

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
That is complete and utter bias. Impressive but definetly does not make him the greatest superhero.

tell that to warren ellis.

emporerpants
with the omni blast cyke clears it imo. without it, he MIGHT be able to clear it, but he could be taken out by a number of these guys, imo.

carnage52
with the omni blast cyke clears it imo. without it, he MIGHT be able to clear it, but he could be taken out by a number of these guys, imo. cyke still has sic h2h skillz to fall back on tho.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by carnage52
cyke still has sic h2h skillz to fall back on tho.

In a lot of these cases, that will do him no good.

emporerpants
if cyke has to resort to h2h on any of these guys, except perhaps for mysterio as i'm not too familiar with his h2h abilities, he's already lost.

psycho gundam
cyke takes his visor off eight times.

emporerpants
in the 2nd scenario yeah. in the first however, he's going to have problems. still might be able to clear it, but he probably won't.

Raoul
he's still accurate enough to take out most of those guys with one shot, even without an omni blast...

Badabing

1. rhino
2. scorpian
3. lizard
4. shocker
5. mysterio
6. doc ock
7. green goblin
8. carnage
9. venom

so, how far does he get? Originally posted by Raoul
he's still accurate enough to take out most of those guys with one shot, even without an omni blast... He stops at 1. biscuits

emporerpants
i think the only ones that will give him problems without the omni blast are mysterio, carnage, and venom. i think he can take it without the omni blast, but in a city full of people carnage or venom could get the drop on him.

Placidity
its a wide ange, almost 180 degree blast...

eh... I'm sure "omni" means in every direction.

I liked to call it his pissed off blast.

Phantom Zone

tell that to warren ellis.

Hey man you quoted it. Hell I wonder whats more impressive a guy born with powers who can clear a forest with one blast or man born with no powers? Hmmm thats a hard one.....

Anyway back on topic Cyclops could clear this...possibly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.