Whats the big deal about being mutant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
This post and others got me thinking.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
For me None....

I'd rather much be like Batman or Iron Man. Mastering martial arts and developing a high intellect on science and criminialogy. Also to make and build my own weapons and gadgets.

When I first started reading Marvel comics seriously, I wanted to be a mutant. Why, because mutants are born with powers...obvoulsy.

Recently though ive been thinking some of the most dangerous people in Marvel are humans ie Dr Doom, Iron Man, Reed Richards etc. It seems if you are smart enough you dont need powers you can just build gadgets.....or like the High Evolutinary you can use science to give you powers.

If humans can train hard enough they can still own mutants, for example Bullseye has owned Gambit before.

Then if all fails you can learn magic like Dr Strange or develop mental powers like Moondragon.

Sure mutants like Magneto are extremely dangerous but if you are born mutant this doesnt always give you an advantage. A determined human can be more powerful or just as powerful as a mutant.

DigiMark007
Once you get past Iron Man level, mutants are notoriously hard to come by. There's only a handful of them....so usually there's a drop-off in how far you can go power-wise as a mutant.

And they smell. no expression

HoM 2. Kill all mutants. Bring it back Marvel.

-Digi out.
-Down with mutants.

Alfheim
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Once you get past Iron Man level, mutants are notoriously hard to come by. There's only a handful of them....so usually there's a drop-off in how far you can go power-wise as a mutant.

-Digi out.
-Down with mutants.

If their genes aint proper send them back to Genosha....well thats what I say. stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by Alfheim
A determined human can be more powerful or just as powerful as a mutant. That depends on which mutant(s) we are talking about.

People like MJJ, franklyn, and Wanda are classified as mutants.

No human in comics can make himself/herself as powerful as those uber-beings, (under their own power and determination of course).

Scoobless
Originally posted by Galan007
That depends on which mutant(s) we are talking about.

No human in comics can make himself/herself as powerful as those uber-beings, (under their own power and determination of course).

Unless they go find the IG/Cosmic Cube or something

Symmetric Chaos
KILL THE MUTIES
KILL THE MUTIES

evil face

Redatom65
HoM 2. House of M one was a disgrace, a sequel would be an abomination. I had always wished myself to be a mutant. big grin

willRules
KILL THE MONKEYS
KILL THE MONKEYS
I MEAN
KILL THE MUTIES

evil face

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
KILL THE MONKEYS
KILL THE MONKEYS
I MEAN
KILL THE MUTIES

evil face

angrymob

HE'S ONE OF 'EM

Galan007
Originally posted by Redatom65
HoM 2. House of M one was a disgrace, a sequel would be an abomination. I had always wished myself to be a mutant. big grin Really?

I actually liked HOM. The were a bit too many tie-ins, but I thought the main stories were good.

DigiMark007
I don't really want to read HoM 2...I just want the filthy muties gone.

no expression

Alfheim
That depends on which mutant(s) we are talking about.

Why not the High Evolutinary, Dr Strange and Moondragon gave themselves their own powers? Dr Strange beat The Inbetweener without any prep.

Galan007
Why not the High Evolutinary, Dr Strange and Moondragon gave themselves their own powers? Dr Strange beat The Inbetweener without any prep. This is more suited for another thread, but Wanda and MJJ are far beyond any being you just listed.

Galan007
I don't really want to read HoM 2...I just want the filthy muties gone.

no expression Why the Mutie hate?

Symmetric Chaos
Why the Mutie hate?

They're freaks of nature, insults to God's divine plan and they're a danger to our children.

Alfheim
This is more suited for another thread,

No this thread is fine. This is what this thread is for.

but Wanda and MJJ are far beyond any being you just listed.

What above the Inbetweener?

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They're freaks of nature, insults to God's divine plan and they're a danger to our children. Ohhh, well in that case........ Down with the filthy Muties! confused

stick out tongue
What above the Inbetweener? Yep,

Wanda (HOM) and MJJ are well above I-B.

Evil_Ash
angrymob

HE'S ONE OF 'EM

Destroy that mutant freak! They're EVIIIILLLLLLL!!! All of 'em!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/02.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
*looks at Evil_Ash's avy and sig*

Hey wait a second . . .

WrathfulDwarf
I prefer the term "Metahuman".

Evil_Ash
I prefer the term "Metahuman".

Mutant lover! mad

*looks at Evil_Ash's avy and sig*

Hey wait a second . . .

HE is no mutant confused

Priest
most Mutants suck

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
HE is no mutant confused

Evolved human being . . . "evolves" creatures into new mutated forms . . .

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
most Mutants suck Agreed.

Still, some Mutants kick ass IMO.

Priest
Agreed.

Still, some Mutants kick ass IMO.
Only the uber ones big grin ..
Guys above magneto and Vulcan rock. Ice man is pretty cool too.

Alfheim

****. Thats insane, anyway they are the exception to the rule. Still cant see how somebody cant be that powerful over time eventhough its never been done before I don think.

Originally I dont think mutants were that powerful either.

DigiMark007
Why the Mutie hate?

I need someone to be an "anti-fanboy" of. stick out tongue

And I really can't get into X-Men comics. At all. I loved the old cartoons, but since getting into comics mutants have become....an annoyance...to my reading.

Priest

And I really can't get into X-Men comics. At all. I loved the old cartoons, but since getting into comics mutants have become....an annoyance...to my reading.
yeah their show on fox kicked ass,
but Fox's Spiderman was way way bettershifty

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
Only the uber ones big grin ..
Guys above magneto and Vulcan rock. Ice man is pretty cool too. thumb up

The powerful Muties are by far the best IMO.Originally posted by Alfheim
****. Thats insane, anyway they are the exception to the rule. Still cant see how somebody cant be that powerful over time eventhough its never been done before I don think.

Originally I dont think mutants were that powerful either. Yeah Wanda and MJJ are definitely an exception to the rule.

Any other Mutants aren't, nor should they be, so powerful that they can play around with entire Universes like a childs' Lego set.

Putting the uber-powerful Muties aside, it is possible for humans to achieve the same powerset, through a mixture of tech, intelligence, and determination imo.

grey fox

Agree entirely.

Galan007

And I really can't get into X-Men comics. At all. I loved the old cartoons, but since getting into comics mutants have become....an annoyance...to my reading. Yeah, I'll be honest...... There are very few Mutants I like.

Actually Wanda, MJJ, and Franklyn pretty much sum up the only Mutants I follow closely. embarrasment

Evil_Ash
Evolved human being.

But how does that make him a mutant?

Mutants are ones born with the ' X-Factor' in their DNA.

HE has just evolved himself to the state humans will become in the next bazillion years, although, his absolute evolved form is that of a bodiless being of cohesive mental energy. Yeah he's 'a bit' different, but that doesn't make him a mutant

Alfheim

Putting the uber-powerful Muties aside, it is possible for humans to achieve the same powerset, through a mixture of tech, intelligence, and determination imo.

Agreed, thats my point.

Scoobless

Mojo Jo-Jo is above the Inbetweener?

eek!

grey fox

HE has just evolved himself to the state humans will become in the next bazillion years, although, his absolute evolved form is that of a bodiless being of cohesive mental energy. Yeah he's 'a bit' different, but that doesn't make him a mutant

Hmmm he could be a mutant on the same level as Mister Immortal then ?

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Mojo Jo-Jo is above the Inbetweener?

eek! Have you been under a rock?

Of course he is!

That friggin Chimp pwns ALL!!!!! evillaugh

Symmetric Chaos

He's a mutie cause he's different. stick out tongue

willRules
angrymob

HE'S ONE OF 'EM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I have been found out that I'm really a MONKEY!!!

oh......I mean MUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

fear chair

Beta Ray Howard

-Digi out.
-Down with mutants.

The worst part is that I agree completely.

X-Men characters get so overrated on forums it tends to make me sick.

willRules
I can think of two X-men who get soo incredibly underrated on these forums........ Beast and Xavier yes

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
I can think of two X-men who get soo incredibly underrated on these forums........ Beast and Xavier yes

Beast maybe but Xavier not so much.

inamilist
Personally I'd say beast gets a bit overrated at times, and Xavier is tough to pin down...

So, how would everyone feel if I told them that they were ALL mutants!!!!!

But ya, as said above, X men comics are not really that interesting, the cartoon was smile.

TricksterPriest
*points to own sig and avatar* Need you ask who I think is underrated? stick out tongue

And mutants are pretty cool, but I'm with digi and Galan, 75-85% of them suck. There are some mutants who are really cool even if their powers aren't uber, and alot who just plain suck. There are a few who are really cool, like Gambit, Wolverine when he's not being hyped, Agent Zero, Omega Red, but the best ones get left in the dust and punks like Cyclops get the most pages.

And Xaiver sucks. Except as Onslaught. stick out tongue

willRules
Beast maybe but Xavier not so much.

Well everyone and there mother is now a telepath in the mutant world now, so it seems the bald guy in the wheelchair is at a disadvantage to everyone. Everybody neglects the fact that Xavier has tons and tons of experience and is incredibly cunning because it is easier to say something stupid like Aquaman is the better telepath smile

Sorry, just my rant for the day big grin

xmarksthespot
Gambit sucks. no expression

As does Apocalypse. no expression

Astonishing X-Men is an excellent comic.

Liking characters because they have super mega awesome-o power is imo rather dumb.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Liking characters because they have super mega awesome-o power is imo rather dumb.

mad stick out tongue

Not it's not (but it is quite Freudian)

xmarksthespot
mad stick out tongue

Not it's not (but it is quite Freudian) doped

Yes it is.

Inane characters like Vulcan or Sentry have followings of people who like them purely because of their displays of power, when their characters are rather, for lack of a better word, crap.

Beta Ray Howard
doped

Yes it is.

Inane characters like Vulcan or Sentry have followings of people who like them purely because of their displays of power, when their characters are rather, for lack of a better word, crap.

I agree on the Vulcan part. I like Sentry, but I have a bias for Peter David's writing.

I think the X-Men writers even realized Vulcan sucked, thus Glads wtfpwning him (which is sooooo funny)

But yeah, most X-Men get soooo overrated it's stupid.

Gambit sucks no expression
Colossus is so uninteresting it's ridiculous
Wolverine is a joke nowadays.
Storm is overrated in every way, shape, and form.
Cyclops is still pretty 2-D
Emma Frost is a whore.

The only reason I read Uncanny X-Men is for the sake of Beast and Kitty Pryde, both who are amazing characters when in the hands of someone like Whedon.

Galan007
doped

Yes it is. I personally don't think so.

Wanda and MJJ are my favorite Muties (whom also happen to be ridiculously powerful).

I don't like these characters just for their displays of power. I like the character depth they bring to the story as well.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I agree on the Vulcan part. I like Sentry, but I have a bias for Peter David's writing.

I think the X-Men writers even realized Vulcan sucked, thus Glads wtfpwning him (which is sooooo funny)

But yeah, most X-Men get soooo overrated it's stupid.

Gambit sucks no expression
Colossus is so uninteresting it's ridiculous
Wolverine is a joke nowadays.
Storm is overrated in every way, shape, and form.
Cyclops is still pretty 2-D
Emma Frost is a whore.

The only reason I read Uncanny X-Men is for the sake of Beast and Kitty Pryde, both who are amazing characters when in the hands of someone like Whedon. Emma Frost is an exquisite interesting whore. doped

She's the yin to Shadowcat's yang.

Other than Storm and Wolverine I can't really pinpoint any particular X-Men that are too overrated; at least not compared to a lot of other characters.

Astonishing is good. X-Factor is good.
Adjectiveless is average. I like Mystique.
Uncanny is still meh.

Agreed on Kitty and Beast.Originally posted by Galan007
I personally don't think so.

Wanda and MJJ are my favorite Muties (whom also happen to be ridiculously powerful).

I don't like these characters just for their displays of power. I like the character depth they bring to the story as well. Yeah, but that wasn't my point, which was there are people who like characters purely for displays of power - it doesn't even need to be a character who has universal reality warping abilities. Take for example Wolverine, he has lots of depth of character and when written right is very interesting. But there are fans who are purely fans because he revives himself from being a skeleton etc.

Beta Ray Howard
Emma Frost is an exquisite interesting whore. doped

She's the yin to Shadowcat's yang.

Other than Storm and Wolverine I can't really pinpoint any particular X-Men that are too overrated; at least not compared to a lot of other characters.

Astonishing is good. X-Factor is good.
Adjectiveless is average.
Uncanny is still meh.

Agreed on Kitty and Beast. .

She's only interesting because of her boobs. stick out tongue

Anywho, though people do like the X-men for their powers and feats, the funniest part is the fact that their favorites are nowhere near top of the league.

Storm is trumped by Thor and Bill
Wolverine is trumped by folks like Deathstroke and Gamora
Colossus is a f#@%ing flea compared to Hulk.
etc, etc.

Liking X-men characters for power level is just flat out stupid, because there is always someone out there that is sooo much more powerful.

Galan007
Yeah, but that wasn't my point, which was there are people who like characters purely for displays of power - it doesn't even need to be a character who has universal reality warping abilities. Take for example Wolverine, he has lots of depth of character and when written right is very interesting. But there are fans who are purely fans because he revives himself from being a skeleton etc. Okay, that makes more sense now.

The reason I responded is because I was one of the people whom said that I like the uber-powerful Muties more then the others.

I didn't know if your posts were an indirect response to what I had said, so I thought I'd clear that up if it in fact was the case, (though I know now..... it wasn't).

My bad. embarrasment

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
She's only interesting because of her boobs. stick out tongue I like bad girl gone good e.g. Frost and Mystique, both of whom have tried to kill the X-Men, both in the past and recently. So does Whedon, which is why he writes her well.

WrathfulDwarf
Cyclops doesn't really suck. He's a great leader and also a role model for the young mutants.

Wolvie is just bitter he didn't get a piece of Jean. Scott does...every day all night long.

xmarksthespot
Cyclops doesn't really suck. He's a great leader and also a role model for the young mutants.

Wolvie is just bitter he didn't get a piece of Jean. Scott does...every day all night long. Considering Jean's dead (again) that's kind of gross.

Symmetric Chaos
Considering Jean's dead (again) that's kind of gross.

eek! laughing laughing confused sick

Beta Ray Howard
Considering Jean's dead (again) that's kind of gross.

sick

Cyclops is a good leader, put he's a pretty 2-D character.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh she'll be back. They always do (specially her) ....Jean is the most beautiful character in Marvel at least IMO.

Alfheim
Meh...going off topic guys. sad

Swanky-Tuna

Mutants are also creatures that have been mutated. I had a discussion on this some time back where I desperately tried to explain to some guy why Spiderman was a mutant because he was mutated but not a Mutant because he didn't have the "x-gene" or whatever that puts him in that group.

Grinning Goku
Not smart enough to build my own gadgets and such, and not focused enough to push my body to the pinnacle of human perfection. Ergo, mutant powers are right up my alley. eek! Mutants rock!!!

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Mutants rock!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/01.jpg

TricksterPriest
laughing

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing

u become a celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.