Alternative Hypothetical Presidential Elections 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
made this as the most likely alternative to the other election poll between McCain and Clinton

how about it? Obama or Giuliani?

Strangelove
Obama, no contest

docb77
Giuliani, at least he'll be fiscally responsible

Alliance
I watched Guillani on Larry king last night. They guy has no platform. He's running becuase he's percieved as a leader.

I was wholly unimpressed. My statistics homework was more straightforward.

In summary:

I'm against a constitutional amendments to ban gay marriage, unless states start allowing gay marriage, in which case I'd be for a constitutional amandment.

I support Roe v. Wade, but I'd like to appoint more strict-constructionist judges. These jusgedsmight overturn Roe v. Wade, and I'd disagree witht that, but I'd propbably be fine becuase they made other good decisions.

Fighting crimy in NYC is like fighing insurgents in Iraq.

Soleran
Originally posted by docb77
Giuliani, at least he'll be fiscally responsible

No such thing as a fiscally responsible govt officialsmile

I am looking forward to Giuliani in the coming months

Shakyamunison
All of the houses across the country with painting and photos of the World Trade Center, will turn their vote quietly to the hero of 9-11. They will not debate, and reason will not prevail.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Alliance
I watched Guillani on Larry king last night. They guy has no platform. He's running becuase he's percieved as a leader.

I was wholly unimpressed. My statistics homework was more straightforward.

In summary:

I'm against a constitutional amendments to ban gay marriage, unless states start allowing gay marriage, in which case I'd be for a constitutional amandment.

I support Roe v. Wade, but I'd like to appoint more strict-constructionist judges. These jusgedsmight overturn Roe v. Wade, and I'd disagree witht that, but I'd propbably be fine becuase they made other good decisions.

Fighting crimy in NYC is like fighing insurgents in Iraq.

What's Obama's position on all those issues?

A serious question because I don't know enough about him, and I gather with your sig that you do. stick out tongue

I can guess his position on Iraq, how's he on the social issues?

Soleran
Originally posted by sithsaber408
What's Obama's position on all those issues?

A serious question because I don't know enough about him, and I gather with your sig that you do. stick out tongue

I can guess his position on Iraq, how's he on the social issues?

Liberal and very very much into "socialized" lol.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
All of the houses across the country with painting and photos of the World Trade Center. Question: Do people in the US actually have paintings and photos of the destroyed WTC towers hanging on their walls at home? That seems rather morbid.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Question: Do people in the US actually have paintings and photos of the destroyed WTC towers hanging on their walls at home? That seems rather morbid.

The short answer is, Yes.

§uffer§noopy
Question: Do people in the US actually have paintings and photos of the destroyed WTC towers hanging on their walls at home? That seems rather morbid. No, at least I don't.

Shakyamunison

§uffer§noopy
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would guess that you are not the average house wife between 30 and 65.

It would be interesting to take a poll of how many people have some tribute to the WTC or 9-11 in their house. I'm not a housewife, or between that age, no.

Morgoths_Wrath
Question: Do people in the US actually have paintings and photos of the destroyed WTC towers hanging on their walls at home? That seems rather morbid.

oh, you mean this one?

http://www.geocities.com/tlvargas/image/flagwtc.jpg

Marxman
I don't. I don't even have an American flag.

Soleran
Originally posted by Marxman
I don't. I don't even have an American flag.

Communist!

Shakyamunison

Just google "9-11 quilt" under the image tab. You will be amazed by how many 9-11 quilts there are.

Darth Jello
everyone seems to forget that under guliani, the cops go ****ing nuts

Capt_Fantastic
Do a lot of women between 30 and 65 have images of 9/11? I was under the impression that it'd been turned into a bullshit banner cry for the right, but I was unaware that the middle class had started to display photos? Are you sure that's true?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Do a lot of women between 30 and 65 have images of 9/11? I was under the impression that it'd been turned into a bullshit banner cry for the right, but I was unaware that the middle class had started to display photos? Are you sure that's true?

I'm not sure how true it is, but there seems to be a lot of middle class women who are into the WTC shrine thing. It could be just where I live, but my wife is into quilting and I was surprised how much 9-11 stuff was in the magazines she gets.

Imperial_Samura
That's a bit creepy. But then whatever eases there pain.

And we must remember - there are a lot of people who have shrines to Elvis.

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, but I think music is one thing. A woman in Decatur IL can have been truely effected by Elvis' music. I'm a Star Wars superfreak. But 9/11? A woman in Decatur IL has no reason to own a quilt with a 9/11 theme.

The government has decided, for all of us, that it's a day that changed everything. And they're right. It changed everything that doesn't mean anything. But the really important stuff, we have done not one damned thing about...except make quilts, commemorative coins, television documentaries that drone on and on, etc.

So, to tie it into the thread topic: I'm for which ever candidate that gets the media and every twisted-panty, middle age woman who thinks the world changed that day, to shut the hell up.

Shakyamunison
...So, to tie it into the thread topic: I'm for which ever candidate that gets the media and every twisted-panty, middle age woman who thinks the world changed that day, to shut the hell up.

laughing You just ask for too much. laughing

Strangelove
So, to tie it into the thread topic: I'm for which ever candidate that gets the media and every twisted-panty, middle age woman who thinks the world changed that day, to shut the hell up. Seconded

Imperial_Samura
So, to tie it into the thread topic: I'm for which ever candidate that gets the media and every twisted-panty, middle age woman who thinks the world changed that day, to shut the hell up.

I'm not even from the US and I agree with that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.