Are contact lenses really that bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuna_And_Tidus
A lot of people I have spoken to about contacts say they're a big hassle and suck really bad. Are they really that bad? I have an appointment made for Tuesday the 27th to get some. How long, appx., does it take for the contacts to be made in my prescription and come in, if anyone knows?

Röland
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
A lot of people I have spoken to about contacts say they're a big hassle and suck really bad. Are they really that bad? I have an appointment made for Tuesday the 27th to get some. How long, appx., does it take for the contacts to be made in my prescription and come in, if anyone knows?

It depends on what kind of contacts you get to decide if they are a hassle. The kind I have, I leave in for a month and at the end of the month I take them out and put a new pair in. If you get the type that requires you to put them in solution everynight then, yeah I guess it can suck but it's no big deal once you get the hang of putting them in, since it will take you about 2 seconds for each eye.

They sort of suck the first 2 weeks you have them because you aren't used to having the lense on your eye, but if you hate wearing glasses they are a relief to have. For mine it took about a week for the order to come in. Then for refills of the order it takes about 2 - 3 days.

Soleran

Normally the contacts are already made with a bunch of different corrections made.

So you could buy a box of disposable contacts and be done with your exam in an hour?

I LOVE contacts when I play sports or workout other then that I don't care if I wear my glass's or contacts.

johnnyforever
Never wore them srug

Strangelove
I wear glasses, because I like the convenience of just taking them off at night and putting them on in the morning. Plus I look cool with them on. 313

Vinny Valentine
Contacts are awesome and no problem at all.

Wear them ALL the time.

Yuna_And_Tidus

Dj88
I tried wearing them, but it was really too much of a hassle, for me. I prefer glasses.

It took me a looong time to get me in. About 9 days. But usually it takes a day or two.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Dj88
I tried wearing them, but it was really too much of a hassle, for me. I prefer glasses.

It took me a looong time to get me in. About 9 days. But usually it takes a day or two.
scared Well I hope it isn't a hassle for me.

Vinny Valentine
Only people who don't know how to properly put them in have a problem with them.

But if you do it right, it takes no time at all.

For me its about 12 Seconds per eye.

Soleran

Yeah but don'tcha have to have them made for your "specific" prescription? I have the worst eyesight ever. laughing out loud

There are so many made for Over the counter now I would suspect you wouldn't have to wait.

Röland
What's the name of your monthly contacts, if I can ask?

Thanks!

They have Rx in the name, I havn't really looked at the box. lol

No problem.

Dj88
scared Well I hope it isn't a hassle for me.

Yeah, I mean my mom has worn them since she was about 16 and hasn't had any trouble. But I have a habit of rubbing my eyes. So I'd always pop them out.

Yuna_And_Tidus

=Tired Hiker=

It really depends on what you intend to use them for. If you have sensitive eyes and plan on wearing them, it may cause discomfort and be a hassle. If you plan on raising them as children, it'd be very easy since they don't eat much and won't have to go to college.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Contacts are awesome and no problem at all.

Wear them ALL the time. Huh. Never would have guess that you needed glasses hmm

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It really depends on what you intend to use them for. If you have sensitive eyes and plan on wearing them, it may cause discomfort and be a hassle. If you plan on raising them as children, it'd be very easy since they don't eat much and won't have to go to college.
confused Using them for my very very bad eyesight. I don't know how to rate my eyesight because I'm not an optometrist but it's below bad, lol.

Röland
Oh RLY? eek! Most prescription products ARE RX, you doofus. stick out tongue

You shouldn't have expected the best answer from me. stick out tongue

Marxman
I got my contacts the same day as my eye exam. And I have pretty bad eye sight plus an astigmatism. You're supposed to take them off every night then replace them every morning and that's why some people find them a hassle. I leave them in most nights and simply dispose of them earlier then normal and I don't have problems. They get a little dry but if you get some eye drops (I carry Visine with me anyway because I'm a pothead stick out tongue) you'll be fine.

Yuna_And_Tidus

Lyna303
no, but sometimes I get lazy when I know I m about to fall asleep with them on...thats a hassle, but otherwise nope.

Kram3r
I like glasses, they add character I think. If I ever wore glasses I'd get black framed ones like Woody Allen or Ben Folds, but I don't need them. Apparently I have perfect 20/20 vision. srug

Strangelove
Originally posted by Kram3r
I like glasses, they add character I think. damn straight smokin'

http://photos-124.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v62/33/59/6853019/n6853019_35542124_3642.jpg

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Strangelove
Huh. Never would have guess that you needed glasses hmm

Don't Take pictures with my glasses ever on, always contacts.

I have Horrible vision.

Everything Past 1.5 Feet away pretty much is a total ****ing blurr.

Impediment
I wear x-ray contact lenses. 313

Strangelove

I have Horrible vision.

Everything Past 1.5 Feet away pretty much is a total ****ing blurr. I was just saying you don't look like one of those people that need glasses hmm

Vinny Valentine
I was just saying you don't look like one of those people that need glasses hmm

hmm

I didn't know people looked like they needed glasses or not.

Boy am I behind my times.

Strangelove
hmm

I didn't know people looked like they needed glasses or not.

Boy am I behind my times. Well, it's usually only after I see people with glasses on that I can tell stick out tongue

I'll have to take a picture without my glasses sometime hmm

Kram3r
damn straight smokin'

http://photos-124.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v62/33/59/6853019/n6853019_35542124_3642.jpg

You just rule in general so that doesn't count.

I have Horrible vision.

Lol, why did I get an image of FDR when I pictured you with glasses. laughing out loud

Vinny Valentine
Well, it's usually only after I see people with glasses on that I can tell stick out tongue

I'll have to take a picture without my glasses sometime hmm

And Vice-Versa for me hmm

Strangelove
And Vice-Versa for me hmm Indeed yes

Vinny Valentine
Indeed yes

But I've been really sick lately, and such so I look really bad.

Pictures of me are on hold for awhile.

Strangelove

Pictures of me are on hold for awhile. sadwalk

*packs up Vinny shrine* You shall come back again....one day shifty

Barker

Pictures of me are on hold for awhile.
What the hell, Vinny?

Don't do that, Vinny.

Vinny Valentine
laughing out loud

Naz

I just went and got a new prescription last month. The doc will check out your eyes and usually he'll have lenses on hand that are your prescription and then you'll wear those home and order some to last you about a year. Then the first time you get contacts they'll show you haw to put them in and take care of them etc etc. But they don't really suck that much. You just have to take them out every night and the first couple weeks you have them it takes a while to put them in in the morning. I like them because I have peripheral vision that I didn't have with glasses and everybody looks better in contacts anyway.

Strangelove
Getting your pupils dilated sucks glare

Naz
Getting your pupils dilated sucks glare
They never do that to me srug I just hate with they shoot air at your eye.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Naz
They never do that to me srug I just hate with they shoot air at your eye. ....yeah

that's getting your pupils dilated

Naz
....yeah

No it's not. When they dialate your pupils you have to wear sunglasses afterwords because you're all sensitive to light. And that obviously not the case because a minute later the doctor shines a light in my eye and it doesn't bother me all that much. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vinny Valentine
Don't you start something you too nono

Don't make me put you both in corners.

Naz
Don't you start something you too nono

Don't make me put you both in corners.

oh I wasn't doing anything!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Naz
No it's not. When they dialate your pupils you have to wear sunglasses afterwords because you're all sensitive to light. And that obviously not the case because a minute later the doctor shines a light in my eye and it doesn't bother me all that much. roll eyes (sarcastic) No, the pupil dilates to allow more light into the eye, allowing it to see. The pupil constricts in light, because it doesn't need as much light. The optometrist dilates your pupil and then shines a light into it so they can see how healthy it is. Ask your eye doctor sometime.

Naz
No, the pupil dilates to allow more light into the eye, allowing it to see. The pupil constricts in light, because it doesn't need as much light. The optometrist dilates your pupil and then shines a light into it so they can see how healthy it is. Ask your eye doctor sometime.

no I've had my eyes dilated before. They put some eye drops in it, do their light thing, then your eyes stay dilated for like four hours, and you have to walk about with ugly sunglasses. I can walk into a lit hallway after the air thing and my eyes are perfectly fine and not dialated.

Kram3r
....yeah

laughing

Strangelove
Originally posted by Naz
no I've had my eyes dilated before. They put some eye drops in it, do their light thing, then your eyes stay dilated for like four hours, and you have to walk about with ugly sunglasses. I can walk into a lit hallway after the air thing and my eyes are perfectly fine and not dialated. Maybe they do it differently in South Dakota hmm

Yuna_And_Tidus

I have Horrible vision.

Same here. I think my vision is like 7/20 or something. xD
Originally posted by Naz
I just went and got a new prescription last month. The doc will check out your eyes and usually he'll have lenses on hand that are your prescription and then you'll wear those home and order some to last you about a year. Then the first time you get contacts they'll show you haw to put them in and take care of them etc etc. But they don't really suck that much. You just have to take them out every night and the first couple weeks you have them it takes a while to put them in in the morning. I like them because I have peripheral vision that I didn't have with glasses and everybody looks better in contacts anyway.
Thanks much. Yeah I have normal peripheral vision and since my eyesight gets worse by the minute, it seems, being able to look straight with GOOD eyesight and see what's in my peripheral vision will be kickass.
....yeah

I've had that done before and it sucks. I felt weird.

§P0oONY
I laugh at all of you people and your inferior vision... evillaugh

Yuna_And_Tidus
I just got the contact lenses today. At first they were a ***** to get in and an even bigger ***** to get out but they're better than glasses. I'm astonished that I can see without the glasses on. The bad thing is earlier I felt kind of nauseated(sp?) when I sat down to eat.

But anyway, w00t. I hope I have good luck with them.

Morning_Glory
A lot of people I have spoken to about contacts say they're a big hassle and suck really bad. Are they really that bad? I have an appointment made for Tuesday the 27th to get some. How long, appx., does it take for the contacts to be made in my prescription and come in, if anyone knows? they arent bad.. . i wear them... better than wearing glasses

they arent a hassle...i cant even tell Im wearing them.. they take like 2 seconds to clean up for the day smile

Strangelove
I like my glasses smile

Morning_Glory
I like my glasses smile some guys look really nice in glasses...

but some of us...just look yuck in glasses -- plus bugs and hairs are always getting on the lenses

Alpha Centauri
I had ridiculously good vision, but now I have bad sight. Anything that isn't reasonably close is blurry.

Opticians say it can also be to do with fonts, font sizes etc, but that you can regain the sight if you had good sight previously, as the common cause of loss of sight is atrophy.

-AC

Strangelove
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
some guys look really nice in glasses...

but some of us...just look yuck in glasses -- plus bugs and hairs are always getting on the lenses I clean mine off every day...sometime several times

I'd get contacts, but I hate the thought of touching my eye

Morning_Glory
I clean mine off every day...sometime several times

I'd get contacts, but I hate the thought of touching my eye touching your eye is just like touching day old jello doped

Yuna_And_Tidus
they arent bad.. . i wear them... better than wearing glasses

they arent a hassle...i cant even tell Im wearing them.. they take like 2 seconds to clean up for the day smile
Yeah I can kind of feel them now, but it's not "annoying" or anything.

I clean mine off every day...sometime several times

I'd get contacts, but I hate the thought of touching my eye
Me too, I'm the same way, but it's really not that bad considering something sterile and clean is between your finger and your eye. stick out tongue

Strangelove
touching your eye is just like touching day old jello doped sick

Yuna_And_Tidus
Hey can you do me a big favor and go to the YouTube Extravaganza thread and see if the last video posted, by me, is messing up or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.