Audioslave Split Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Not the happiets of news, but not all that surprising either.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070215/people_nm/audioslave_dc

Scythe
They don't really compliment themselves with Cornell's voice, least I think.

Lana
I'd disagree, I think they go together amazingly.

This sucks. Damnit sad

BackFire
Get ready for more rumors about Rage reuniting for good because of this.

Skeets
Originally posted by BackFire
Exactly.Cornell will do good with his solo career...srug

The Core
Originally posted by Skeets
Exactly.Cornell will do good with his solo career...srug

You ever heard his track "Sunshower" off of the Great Expectations soundtrack? The guy can make grown men cry. He'll do fine.

D00m
Thank god.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by D00m
Thank god.

thumb up

dirkdirden
Rage makes my body shake audioslave makes my head ache

SnakeEyes
Why are all these secret Audioslave haters coming out of their collective closet and dissing the band?

I thought they were a great band. One of my favorites.

This sucks!

Arctic
Wow that is lame, they were one of my favorites. Oh well, time to listen to their records.

Lana

Yeah, I know...

Originally posted by The Core
You ever heard his track "Sunshower" off of the Great Expectations soundtrack? The guy can make grown men cry. He'll do fine.

His voice is absolutely amazing, he's definitely one of my favorite singers.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Why are all these secret Audioslave haters coming out of their collective closet and dissing the band?

I thought they were a great band. One of my favorites.

This sucks!

I was admittedly skeptical of them at first, because I'm such a big fan of RATM, but Audioslave definitely became a favorite of mine quickly.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, man...This sucks elephant testicles. Audioslave are one of my favorite bands; I've loved every single one of their albums.

Tptmanno1
This really does kinda suck...
They produced some good music, their first two albums were a bit flawed, but Revalations was amazing.
Oh well. I guess we have to move on.

RedAlertv2
I loved the sheer energy of the first album. I also loved how consistently smooth Out of Exile was. Revelations was good, but I prefer either of the previous albums.

manorastroman
audioslave? hey...man, hey...they sucked. yeah--they sucked big time. shhhhhh, you're embarassing yourself. they sucked.

Victor Von Doom
Euphoria Morning is better than every Audioslave album.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Euphoria Morning is better than every Audioslave album.

Do you really think so? I find Euphoria Morning to be lacking in the spark and energy that the Audioslave albums have in abundance. I appreciate that it's made in a different style, but it still seems lacking to me.

Cochise, Show Me How To Live, What Are You, Shadow Of The Sun, I Am The Highway, Be Yourself, Doesn't Remind Me, Man Or Animal, Dandelion, Revelations, Until We Fall, Shape Of Things To Come, Wide Awake, Moth...

These are the songs that rock me all day long.

Arctic
Oh yeah they do. Also Your Time Has Come, Like A Stone....yeah they rocked but oh well we just have to move on...

Darth Revan

All I can say about Rage reuniting after this is that they'd damn well better.

Sucks about Audioslave, especially since their last album marked the beginning of their existence as a truly fantastic band for me.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Do you really think so? I find Euphoria Morning to be lacking in the spark and energy that the Audioslave albums have in abundance. I appreciate that it's made in a different style, but it still seems lacking to me.

Yeah.

I know what you mean though. On the first few listens it seems lacking in substance, though I'm not sure why.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I listened to it again yesterday, and what strikes me is that Cornell's voice actually seems out of place within the songs he's singing. It's like he's trying to show-off in songs that are lacking the melody to sustain it.

Or something...

Dr. Strangelove
I'm going to do the old Bill Simmons' girlfriend analogy to try to explain my feelings on this news:

This is like breaking up with a girlfriend you've known for 7 years. She was a good girl and very good in bed. You knew she wasn't going to be a negative with you but generally was never going to amaze you with anything either. She was just one of those solid all around girlfriends. Then you come to find out her hot sister, who you dated in the 90's and have always had feelings for, is coming back to live near you and is single. The sister is energetic, crazy in bed, and in a time when you feel something is missing during a rough time in your life, you know she's the missing part. And you know the your girlfriend you just broke up with will be fine on her own as she has always had a good life as a single. So while you're sad you just broke up with your solid ex girlfriend, you're really looking forward to another chance with the hot sister.

Alpha Centauri
I couldn't see them getting beyond Revelations personally.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I listened to it again yesterday, and what strikes me is that Cornell's voice actually seems out of place within the songs he's singing. It's like he's trying to show-off in songs that are lacking the melody to sustain it.

Or something...

There is lots of melody, but it grows over time. I remember feeling it lacked substance at first, almost like an experimental album.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I'm going to do the old Bill Simmons' girlfriend analogy to try to explain my feelings on this news:

This is like breaking up with a girlfriend you've known for 7 years. She was a good girl and very good in bed. You knew she wasn't going to be a negative with you but generally was never going to amaze you with anything either. She was just one of those solid all around girlfriends. Then you come to find out her hot sister, who you dated in the 90's and have always had feelings for, is coming back to live near you and is single. The sister is energetic, crazy in bed, and in a time when you feel something is missing during a rough time in your life, you know she's the missing part. And you know the your girlfriend you just broke up with will be fine on her own as she has always had a good life as a single. So while you're sad you just broke up with your solid ex girlfriend, you're really looking forward to another chance with the hot sister.

You think Soundgarden might get back together? eek!

Alpha Centauri
None of them technically ever ruled it out, if I remember rightly, but Chris Cornell said he feels it's time to work on his own stuff.

I wouldn't expect to see him in another band soon.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
None of them technically ever ruled it out, if I remember rightly, but Chris Cornell said he feels it's time to work on his own stuff.

I wouldn't expect to see him in another band soon.

-AC

Well, wikipedia claims that Cornell is opposed to the idea, though the joke was more about...ah, **** it, you'll figure it out.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Firstly: Welcome back, AC. I missed you like the desert misses the rain.

Although, if the desert always had rain, then it would cease to be a desert.

Perhaps something more beautiful?

Anyway...

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, wikipedia claims that Cornell is opposed to the idea, though the joke was more about...ah, **** it, you'll figure it out.

I get it.

(Actually, I don't).

Bardock42
Firstly: Welcome back, AC. I missed you like the desert misses the rain.

Although, if the desert always had rain, then it would cease to be a desert.

Perhaps something more beautiful?

Anyway...

I get it.

(Actually, I don't).

I know, floo. I know.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Dream with me, Bardock. Dream with me...

Bardock42
Dream with me, Bardock. Dream with me...

Why, because Audioslave split up and reality is not worth perceiving no more?

Anyways, there's good coming from that break up...it made me decide to actually listen to Audioslave (the album...not the band...though....I suppose I also listened to the band in that case) again...and you know what? Those dudes ****ing rock. I am glad I have two more albums to look forward to. Not like you, floo...who has none. Because they broke up, get it? Get it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, dear Jesus momma! I want to be you! I want to be you!

They did rock the hizzles, though.

My favorite songs: Cochise, What You Are, Shadow Of The Sun (Holy f*ck, that's a song!), I Am The Highway, Out Of Exile, Be Yourself, Doesn't Remind Me, Dandelion, Revelations, Sound Of A Gun, Shape Of Things To Come, and Wide Awake.

F*ck it, I like every single mother-f*cking song they wrote! They were my life, my dream, my...my...my...rainbow.

*cries*

Darth Revan
Oh, dear Jesus momma! I want to be you! I want to be you!

They did rock the hizzles, though.

My favorite songs: Cochise, What You Are, Shadow Of The Sun (Holy f*ck, that's a song!), I Am The Highway, Out Of Exile, Be Yourself, Doesn't Remind Me, Dandelion, Revelations, Sound Of A Gun, Shape Of Things To Come, and Wide Awake.

F*ck it, I like every single mother-f*cking song they wrote! They were my life, my dream, my...my...my...rainbow.

*cries*

cry

crybaby Cry with me krunky crybaby

"Wide Awake" was the best song they ever wrote... And now they're dead.... sad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Dusty
NOOO!!!!

vintageSW77
is it any coincidence that all bands with AUDIO in their name are tripe??

the subject of this post
Audio Bullies
Audio Web
Big AUDIO Dynamite

hmm

Arctic
Shutup idiot its a coincidence.

EPIIIBITES
Hmmm...think he might be onto something there...like that new movie "The Number 23" laughing

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Arctic
Shutup idiot its a coincidence.

im an idiot from someone who nevermind actually watched ERAGON but rates it an all.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by vintageSW77
is it any coincidence that all bands with AUDIO in their name are tripe??

the subject of this post
Audio Bullies
Audio Web
Big AUDIO Dynamite

hmm

But Audioslave are a great band, so that rule only works if you're using them as the exception.

vintageSW77
i had to listen to their album on my friends car stereo on our way home from a holiday last year and that was one and only time ive ever wanted to jump out of a moving vehicle

i liked RATM though........Soungarden not so much

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Maybe your musical taste buds are simply deficient...

vintageSW77
Audioslave was like putting curry together with ice cream
fine on their own but together ?

****ing appalling

Alpha Centauri
What if someone actually likes doing that with their food?

Point being: You dislike it.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Audioslave was like putting curry together with ice cream
fine on their own but together ?

****ing appalling

Sounds like I was right.

I love it when that happens.

EPIIIBITES
No actually...they're quite a weak group.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Whereas Robbie Williams and Coldplay rock?

EPIIIBITES
No...just "Angels" and Coldplay.

Grab a clue you musical dingbat! laughing laughing

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You are an awfully redundant little fellow, aren't you?

EPIIIBITES
You are an awfully redundant little fellow, aren't you?

Alpha Centauri
Do you seriously feel proud of the way you conduct yourself?

Do you feel like, because some of us no longer bother, you've won? Despite being scared of me and my posts?

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES

Ahh, good. At least you realised that I was being rhetorical.

EPIIIBITES
Aaaaa-thankyou!

EPIIIBITES
Do you seriously feel proud of the way you conduct yourself?

Do you feel like, because some of us no longer bother, you've won? Despite being scared of me and my posts?
Waa wa Waa wa Wa Wa Wa Waaa!

I'm AC...I have bupkis to say...

Alpha Centauri
Sounds like a 10 year old reply, to me...

-AC

Bardock42
Audioslave is pretty ****ing sweet, I decided.

Not quite Rage who are pretty really ****ing sweet, but great too.

Oh, before I forget, Soundgarden is ****ing sweet as well.

EPIIIBITES
Well, you got 2/3 of that right.

RedAlertv2
No actually...they're quite a weak group. Audioslave > You

Even if you werent an insignificant troll.

SnakeEyes
Well, you got 2/3 of that right.

Seriously... nobody likes you here, including me.

And we're all justified.

It's like you purposely come here simply to annoy AC and some select other members.

Why exactly do you think Audioslave is a bad band? I'm curious.

Arctic
Audioslave=good.

AC=moron.

1 glorious day=hang.....toot

EPIIIBITES

Alpha Centauri
Why do you continually choose to ignore and deny that you have been proven wrong so many times, and then to top it off, ignore my posts regardless of whether or not they are on topic?

You ignored my huge post in the other thread and simply said "I'm not replying to you.", because you knew I'd won, yet you continue to reply to me childishly.

-AC

EPIIIBITES
Just minutes ago...
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Oasis are shit.
There's a big difference between giving someone 2/3 of the credit for the bands they like and making unprovoked remarks like that.

These are the goofballs you're sticking up for SnakeEyes?

Good one.

EPIIIBITES
Why do you continually choose to ignore and deny that you have been proven wrong so many times...
Cause I don't think I have.

Get lost stalker.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by EPiBITES

There's a big difference between I like Angels by Robbie Williams and I like Angels by Robbie Williams.

Originally posted by EPiBITES

Get lost stalker.

Another for the self-commentary scrapbook.

EPIIIBITES
What? laughing

That's not even my post!

Funny

Alpha Centauri
Cause I don't think I have.

Get lost stalker.

You have, it's not a matter of "think".

You wished I liked you/hated you enough to stalk you. I'm simply letting you know what it's like for us smart posters to deal with an idiot like you, hounding every thread, filling it up with bs.

-AC

EPIIIBITES
HEY EVERYBODY!!!

IT'S ME Victor Von Doom!!

I admit, EPIIBITES is actually right and that we are all dorks!!

HE'S ACTUALLY THE SMARTEST GUY I'VE MET IN MY LIFE I THINK.

SORRY EPIIBITES FOR BEING SUCH A DUFUS!!!

Alpha Centauri
He'll reply: "He finally gets it.".

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Now I have my own Oasis.

Also, you think Robbie Williams' Angel is great.

EPIIIBITES
AC...I think you mistook me for EPIIIBITES or something with one of those replies...

I really think EPIIIBITES is the king!

I've been a fool.

Yes.

BackFire
AC...I think you mistook me for EPIIIBITES or something with one of those replies...

I really think EPIIIBITES is the king!

I've been a fool.

Yes.

Heeeeeyyyy, hold up, ahhhh wait, I see ohhhh!!!

You're not Victor Von Doom, you're that guy, who is always wrong, EPIIIBITES, yeahhh, that's him, er you.

Rape time!

Alpha Centauri
Actually THE saddest human being on the planet, I've never seen anything quite so pathetic.

-AC

EPIIIBITES
Actually THE saddest human being on the planet, I've never seen anything quite so pathetic.
That was funny.

I mean...yeah...I (VVD) think that was funny, and I'm sure EPIIIBITES does as well.

Alpha Centauri
We've drove Epibites mental, this is hilarious.

-AC

BackFire

-AC

Mostly boring, though, it's been done.

EPIIIBITES
Well. Not a moderator myslef...and haven't been doing this stuff long enough (like most people here) to know something like that's been done...not terribly embarassed.

I thought it was quite inspired actually...(given VVD made a fake quote about me...hee-hee)...but I'm sure that hasn't been done.

Bardock42
Hehe, I fake this quote, hehe

vintageSW77
this is quite probably the strangest music forum ive ever logged on to

congrats

are we here to talk music or take apart EPIII ?

as for Audioslave..great first single,not bad first album,
second album made me want to jump out of a moving car,third album i heard was even worse so for my safety i gave that a miss

they are like Velvet Revolver a good idea,one great first single then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from then on

vintageSW77
though he(EPIII) does bring it on himself its getting a tad tedious sifting through it all

Alpha Centauri
this is quite probably the strangest music forum ive ever logged on to

congrats

are we here to talk music or take apart EPIII ?

second album made me want to jump out of a moving car,third album i heard was even worse so for my safety i gave that a miss

they are like Velvet Revolver a good idea,one great first single then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from then on

To you.

-AC

EPIIIBITES
though he(EPIII) does bring it on himself...
As did Socrates the hemlock. wink

...wait a sec...I don't wanna die!

...think I'll tone it down. yes

The Core

-AC

Epibites. Kind of sounds like some kind of Star Wars snackpack.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

You should live life on the edge and give the third album a try. It's really good.

There's plenty of great songs on the second album, too.

vintageSW77
ill tell you what ill have a listen and get back
i dont want to fall into the trap of slagging someone ive only heard maybe about 12 tracks by

ive just had to suffer an hour of MCR and there is a LOT worse out there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.