slugfest: the general vs despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

qqqqqqq
Happy Dance

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who is this General? Despero is a jobber.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

Despero....a jobber? What the f**k?

The General wins via simply outlasting Despero. Assuming that you meant "slugfest" to mean no other powers.

TricksterPriest
Even with other powers, General could potentially win. He's immune to TP.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Even with other powers, General could potentially win. He's immune to TP.

Despero can just BFR him, though. erm

TricksterPriest
I said potentially, not guaranteed. Eiling is probably stronger than Despero in brute strength and endurance, but I doubt he's smarter.

Martian_mind
General Is more Durable then Despero...but is definetly not stronger.

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

laughing out loud

General should win

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Martian_mind
General Is more Durable then Despero...but is definetly not stronger.

Agreed....Do you think they are equal in strength or do you think Despero is stronger?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Agreed....Do you think they are equal in strength or do you think Despero is stronger?

....General was a beast that's to be sure...but he seemed to be more an equal to supes in Strength and stayed in battle due more to endurance then any overwhelming physical abilities,i mean he punked Steel but Supes stalemated him for ages all on his lonesome,Jonn never actually attacked him...and again the Astro-force is more endurance then anything.

Despero on the other hand punked Jonn,Aquaman,Batman,Green lantern,Flash,Black Canary and Superman all at once,held up the rock of eternity and beat Wonde woman,power Girl,Hourman,Captain marvel and Superman all into the ground at once with ease...Despero's Smarter,Stronger and a tad more versatile howver General is the king when it comes to Durability.

juggernaut66666
Eiling was pretty much jobbing he was using machine guns against Superman and the others......

Martian_mind
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Eiling was pretty much jobbing he was using machine guns against Superman and the others......

He still took ages to bring down Supes,if his strength was Despero level Then he could have run through them with ease.....He owned Steel and that was the one bit of ownage he did,after a lengthy battle with Supes he gained the Advantage,Jonn didn't do jack and as i said taking the Astro-force was a healing feat,he didn't even have that much of an advantage over the league when he wasn't using guns.

Until he singlehandidly hands the league it's ass on a platter,i will think Despero's stronger,when general fights a league he stalemate's it,when despero fights a league....he stomps it.

But Generals overwhelming endurance makes this a who BFR's who kind of Battle....but if it drags out i give it to General.

TricksterPriest
....General was a beast that's to be sure...but he seemed to be more an equal to supes in Strength and stayed in battle due more to endurance then any overwhelming physical abilities,i mean he punked Steel but Supes stalemated him for ages all on his lonesome,Jonn never actually attacked him...and again the Astro-force is more endurance then anything.

Despero on the other hand punked Jonn,Aquaman,Batman,Green lantern,Flash,Black Canary and Superman all at once,held up the rock of eternity and beat Wonde woman,power Girl,Hourman,Captain marvel and Superman all into the ground at once with ease...Despero's Smarter,Stronger and a tad more versatile howver General is the king when it comes to Durability.

The whole Virtue&Vice part was kinda bad writing. The JLA jobbed pretty hard. As other people have said, they were fighting like idiots. They just kinda hung on his neck.

Strength is hard to gauge. I'll give it to Despero narrowly, with his rock of eternity feat. But General's strength is upgradable, so he could narrow the gap.

Smarter: Despero, easily. The General is many things, but he's not the most intelligent fighter. He's pretty smart, but Despero is a genius telepath.

Better fighter: Probably Despero due to his versatility, but stuff like Aquaman hurting him with a shark attack makes his durability highly questionable. And, as I said, the JLA were fighting like retards in V&V.

Durability: Co-sign. Nothing Despero has done puts him on the General's durability, which is almost Doomsday level.

Since TP is not an issue in this fight, it's harder to call. Plus, I don't think Despero can snag Eiling's body, especially since it's plastic and not organic. Also, is Despero in his own body, or a borrowed one? I need to re-read V&V for more of his high end feats.

juggernaut66666
I don't think Despero is a better fighter he fights like Hulk or Juggernaut.....

Martian_mind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Since TP is not an issue in this fight, it's harder to call. Plus, I don't think Despero can snag Eiling's body, especially since it's plastic and not organic. Also, is Despero in his own body, or a borrowed one? I need to re-read V&V for more of his high end feats.

Just a question...has anyone ever actually tried to mindrape general?All i ever see people do is hit or blast him...

Vice and Virtue did have them fighting like turds,but that wouldn't decrease their strength....and even then he owned The league hard in Crisis of Conscience.

TricksterPriest
In V&V, sure. But he was fighting with TP in earlier fights, and when he made the 2nd flame of pytar.

If Despero is dumb enough to slug it out with The General, he deserves to lose.

Edit: J'onn tried it. He said General was immune. I'm pretty sure it didn't work when it was just the Shaggy man either. And I haven't read Crisis of Conscience. So you do admit they jobbed in V&V?

juggernaut66666
Does Despero have superspeed? I can't really remember...

Darth Macabre
Just a question...has anyone ever actually tried to mindrape general?All i ever see people do is hit or blast him...

Vice and Virtue did have them fighting like turds,but that wouldn't decrease their strength....and even then he owned The league hard in Crisis of Conscience.

Like Trickster said, I can only remember J'onn saying he was immune.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Like Trickster said, I can only remember J'onn saying he was immune.

When did this happen?

Scoobless
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Does Despero have superspeed? I can't really remember...

Travel speed - yes

Fighting speed - not really

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Scoobless
Travel speed - yes

Fighting speed - not really
I remember now he has good reflexes he "tackled" Flash multiple times.

guy222
bumprav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.