LOTF luke vs. darth nilihus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

furbys are evil
round 1:saber and force, nilihus gets drain

round 2:same, nilihus does not get drain

round 3:saber only

Kadesh
luke...... wins all

Black Dalek
except the first one.

Darth Sexy
Nihilus gets drain and Luke knows the Fallanassi technique, so? Nihilus is useless if his drain doesn't work.

Kadesh
lets just make it clear that nihilus force drain is different from an ordinary drain

Darth Sexy
So? He can't drain something that isn't inside of the force.

darthsith19
If Luke loops out of the Force can he still use his otehr Force Powers to take down Nihilus, though? If not, Nihilus tries to drain him, Luke loops out of the Force, then Nihilus blasts him with Force Lightning.

Darth Sexy
You're not understanding. If luke loops out of the force, that would render Nihilus' force abilities/attacks useless. As to whether Luke can use the force while he's looped out, you'd have to consult lightsnake.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
So? He can't drain something that isn't inside of the force. I know thaw, i was merely stating the fact that nihilus drain isnt like malaks or any others, you know what i mean

darthsith19
You're not understanding. If luke loops out of the force, that would render Nihilus' force abilities/attacks useless. As to whether Luke can use the force while he's looped out, you'd have to consult lightsnake.
Okay then, if Luke can't use the Force then it'd be a stalemate if he loops out, right?

Kadesh
depends weather luke can use the force or not which according to LS he can

Count Makashi
Luke defiantly wins 2 and 3, but at 1 i don't know.

Kadesh
still luke, his fallanasi technique will make nihilus shit in his pants

Lightsnake
Even 1. Looping will just circumvent whatever Nihilus throws at him...Luke still has all his extreme abilities

Darth Sexy
A little off topic but I was wondering if anyone had the new Star Wars Legacy comic online, that was supposed to come out the 14th.

((The_Anomaly))
This thread made me laugh. Luke zOMG!WTFpwns the KOTOR n00b back into his mothers womb, then proceeds to impregnate his mother with the force, makes her give birth to a baby Nihilus directly after, then proceeds to eat the baby Nihilus.

Pwnage.

In a nutshell, Nihilus gets completely owned.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
This thread made me laugh. Luke zOMG!WTFpwns the KOTOR n00b back into his mothers womb, then proceeds to impregnate his mother with the force, makes her give birth to a baby Nihilus directly after, then proceeds to eat the baby Nihilus.

Pwnage.

In a nutshell, Nihilus gets completely owned.
Do you understand that Darth Nihilus is among the most powerful Force users of all times?

He is very strong in the Force and will give Luke a good challenge in a Force contest.

And Force Lightning can harm even those who are not touched by the Force or loop out of the Force. Proof? Lightning was effective against Vong.

So:

Round 1 is un-predictable.

Round 2 will go in Luke's favour after a good fight.

Round 3 is completely in Luke's Favour.

kamikz
No, lightning bent away from Vong, as far as I recall...

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by kamikz
No, lightning bent away from Vong, as far as I recall...
Their are other ways to hurt those who are not touched by Force or Loop out of the Force. Hurl or throw debris/objects at them.

kamikz
Yeah, but I was only arguing lightning....

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do you understand that Darth Nihilus is among the most powerful Force users of all times?

He is very strong in the Force and will give Luke a good challenge in a Force contest.

And Force Lightning can harm even those who are not touched by the Force or loop out of the Force. Proof? Lightning was effective against Vong.

So:

Round 1 is un-predictable.

Round 2 will go in Luke's favour after a good fight.

Round 3 is completely in Luke's Favour.

One of the most powerful force users of his time? Wow, 1) put that into context, how "powerful" does that make him? Because I've not seen him do that much impressive except use his unique drain ability, 2) Luke is the most powerful being in the SW universe, Nihilus is an unproven, over-hyped Sith Lord who was hyped up (in the game) and then just got pwned. Nihilus has done nothing of major note when you exclude his drain ability. Luke on the other hand has pretty much done everything possible of being noted and he's more powerful then anyone we've seen, and probably anyone that will be seen. A little one sided eh? If you took away Nihilus' drain ability, he becomes sub-par at best.

In short, he stands zero chance against someone like Luke, or someone even REMOTELY close to Luke's level of power.

Kadesh
well nihilus did display some good powers like lifting the entire ravager... but still luke > him, his drain is useless with the fallanasi technique in hand. we know jack about his saber skills and he lost to a skimpy jedi padawan and her friends,

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
One of the most powerful force users of his time? Wow, 1) put that into context, how "powerful" does that make him? Because I've not seen him do that much impressive except use his unique drain ability, 2) Luke is the most powerful being in the SW universe, Nihilus is an unproven, over-hyped Sith Lord who was hyped up (in the game) and then just got pwned. Nihilus has done nothing of major note when you exclude his drain ability. Luke on the other hand has pretty much done everything possible of being noted and he's more powerful then anyone we've seen, and probably anyone that will be seen. A little one sided eh? If you took away Nihilus' drain ability, he becomes sub-par at best.

In short, he stands zero chance against someone like Luke, or someone even REMOTELY close to Luke's level of power.
Nihilus is un-proven?

- Nihilus had the ability to drain the life out of an entire planet. How many people had showed power of this magnitude?
- He was a wound in the Force and thus was immune to drain attacks.
- He could cause pain with just his speech.
- He could perform Stasis Field and stun several enemies with it.
- His TK abilities were so strong that he used the Force to lift his Flagship from its orbit around the planet of Malachor V, and kept it together even though it was not space-worthy.

So I would suggest that you open your eyes before jumping to conclusions.

This will be a tough fight for Luke.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Kadesh
well nihilus did display some good powers like lifting the entire ravager... but still luke > him, his drain is useless with the fallanasi technique in hand. we know jack about his saber skills and he lost to a skimpy jedi padawan and her friends,
He lost because he could not drain Jedi Exile or else the situation of that fight would be different. He was starving and his strength was already being used up on holding the Ravager ship.

Despite all this he managed to put up a fight before going down.

Can you imagine the strain he was in and 3 powerful people came to kill him?

Kadesh
He lost because he could not drain Jedi Exile or else the situation of that fight would be different. He was starving and his strength was already being used up on holding the Ravager ship.

Despite all this he managed to put up a fight before going down.

Can you imagine the strain he was in and 3 powerful people came to kill him? well yea, but dont get confused with nihilus drain and malaks drain, they are completely different attacks

Kadesh
Nihilus is un-proven?

- Nihilus had the ability to drain the life out of an entire planet. How many people had showed power of this magnitude?
- His TK abilities were so strong that he used the Force to lift his Flagship from its orbit around the planet of Malachor V, and kept it together even though it was not space-worthy.

So I would suggest that you open your eyes before jumping to conclusions.

This will be a tough fight for Luke.
Um luke has done far greater things, cloaking an entire planet with the force, walking on lava, altering gravity, tearing a ISD engine apart like it was nothing.

Luke can simply clock himself and remove himself from the force, nihilus 1) cant sense him through the force
2) cant see him with his eyes either

Big trouble for nihilus i sense

btw while it iws remarkable that nihilus lifted the entire ship, sidious lifted an entire SSD which is what 19km long? thats 12x the size of the ravager. Lightnake and some others pointed this out

S_W_LeGenD
well yea, but dont get confused with nihilus drain and malaks drain, they are completely different attacks
Drain attacks do the same thing and that is draining the life force of the opponents.

Though I would agree that Nihilus's Drain was far more sophisticated in nature.

Kadesh
Drain attacks do the same thing and that is draining the life force of the opponents.

Though I would agree that Nihilus's Drain was far more sophisticated in nature. no, ever saw the scepter of ragnos? it drains force energies around areas and it can drain the force from objects like the force energies of the massassi temple. It isnt like a normal drain, nihilus replicated this without the use of tools.

Why do you think kreia stated that nihilus knew the greatest sith technique if if was just a simple force drain where every sith padawan knew? Because the answer is that it is a different attack, its different natured, its like the scepter of ragnos

S_W_LeGenD
Um luke has done far greater things, cloaking an entire planet with the force, walking on lava, altering gravity, tearing a ISD engine apart like it was nothing.
Some of these feats are useless in case of a fight.

Luke can simply clock himself and remove himself from the force, nihilus 1) cant sense him through the force
2) cant see him with his eyes either
Then how could he attack Exile and his companions?

Big trouble for nihilus i sense
When fighting Luke, I agree!

btw while it iws remarkable that nihilus lifted the entire ship, sidious lifted an entire SSD which is what 19km long? thats 12x the size of the ravager. Lightnake and some others pointed this out
Sidious was the strongest Sith Lord so I won't argue in his case.

But I am curious that when Sidious lifted such a thing and in which source this is mentioned?

Kadesh
Some of these feats are useless in case of a fight.
No, it proves lukes extreme mastery of what he has done, feat wars if i recall and this alone proves he > nihilus, This shows how powerful luke is

Then how could he attack Exile and his companions?
Because the exile is visible? Duh, i was saying that luke can use the force to make him invisible and loop out with the fallanasi technique, theres no way nihilus can see him either way

But I am curious that when Sidious lifted such a thing and in which source this is mentioned. That you will have to ask lightsnake

Darth Sexy
Nihilus is un-proven?

- He could perform Stasis Field and stun several enemies with it.
His force drain was amplified by him being a wound in the force. So any "wound" in the force would be able to take Nihilus out, or anybody that can loop out of the force. Furthermore, he couldn't cause pain with his speech, I don't know where you're getting this shit. Now you jump onto his stasis field and I won't even bother with this because someone forgot to explain to you that gameplay mechanics aren't canon. As what he did what his ship, Luke has done the same thing either in the Black Fleet Crisis or sometime in NJO.

Not exactly. Loops out of the force slices Nihilus into pieces. I won't use his green lightning in this debate because it's not even necessary.

Kadesh
i just want to make it clear, nihilus force consuming ability is completely different than that of an ordinary drain. The scepter of ragnos proves this

S_W_LeGenD
no, ever saw the scepter of ragnos? it drains force energies around areas and it can drain the force from objects like the force energies of the massassi temple. It isnt like a normal drain, nihilus replicated this without the use of tools.

Why do you think kreia stated that nihilus knew the greatest sith technique if if was just a simple force drain where every sith padawan knew? Because the answer is that it is a different attack, its different natured, its like the scepter of ragnos
Kadesh! the purpose of Force Drain is to Drain the life force of the others. It is like healing yourself by draining the energies of others.

But I agree that Nihilus's Drain is far more sophisticated in nature. Darth Nihilus actually performed Death Field of a massive magnitude.

And not many people knew the art of Drain. Though it was a popular power to be practised by some individuals in KOTOR period.

Kadesh
Kadesh! the purpose of a Drain is to Drain the life force of the others.

But I agree that Nihilus's Drain is far more sophisticated in nature.

And not many people knew the art of Drain. Though it was a popular power to be practised by some individuals.

Here is a good brief: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Drain

what the hell are you talking about? i painfully admit that wookiepedia is wrong about nihilus force drain, force drain is to attack living organisms, humans,animals.

Force drain CANNOT drain a planet because it is for attacking organisms. Clearly the visual guide stated that nihilus can drain the geographical landscape of planets as well, and its been proven a force drain CANNOT do that,

Do you know what the scepter of ragnos is? its purpose is NOT to drain other life forms but the landscape and auras surrounding areas, Nihilus apparantly BROUGHT this feat to a new level where it is so powerful that it kills anything in contact.

And not many people knew the art of Drain. Though it was a popular power to be practised by some individuals.
What the hell do you mean not many people knew the art yet it is popular, kreia wouldnt have made a statement otherwise. If everybody were to carry bazookas would my father tell other people im having the best weapon of all time above every one else if everybody has it? Hell no

S_W_LeGenD
His force drain was amplified by him being a wound in the force. So any "wound" in the force would be able to take Nihilus out, or anybody that can loop out of the force.
A flawed assumption. Just because Exile along with her companions managed to beat him in a particular situation does not means that he is a loser.

Nihilus was starving and his strength was being utilized on holding his Flagship together. He was in a very bad state.

Furthermore, he couldn't cause pain with his speech, I don't know where you're getting this shit.
He could telepathically cause pain to those who he came in contact with and those who survived this, became his mindless slaves. If you have played KOTOR II then you won't be questioning this. He was a perfect monster.

Now you jump onto his stasis field and I won't even bother with this because someone forgot to explain to you that gameplay mechanics aren't canon.
Game Mechanics? Do you know that Darth Vader Force Stunned a Jedi Master in the air in a clash?

Force Stun and Stasis Field abilities are canon and they have been provided in the list of Force Powers in both the KOTOR games for a reason.

As what he did what his ship, Luke has done the same thing either in the Black Fleet Crisis or sometime in NJO.
Provide me the souce and account of this action.

Not exactly. Loops out of the force slices Nihilus into pieces. I won't use his green lightning in this debate because it's not even necessary.
We are assuming a situation in which Darth Nihilus is prepared to fight and he has no burdens to take care off.

Stop under-estimating Nihilus. He was the most powerful Sith Lord of his age.

S_W_LeGenD
what the hell are you talking about? i painfully admit that wookiepedia is wrong about nihilus force drain, force drain is to attack living organisms, humans,animals.

Force drain CANNOT drain a planet because it is for attacking organisms. Clearly the visual guide stated that nihilus can drain the geographical landscape of planets as well, and its been proven a force drain CANNOT do that,

Do you know what the scepter of ragnos is? its purpose is NOT to drain other life forms but the landscape and auras surrounding areas, Nihilus apparantly BROUGHT this feat to a new level where it is so powerful that it kills anything in contact.
Are you 3 years old?

Was I talking about the magnitude of a Drain attack?

I was talking about the nature and purpose of a Force Drain. And wookieepedia is 100% right.

In simple words: Malak performed Force Drain but Nihilus performed a sophisticated Death Field of a massive magnitude.

What the hell do you mean not many people knew the art yet it is popular, kreia wouldnt have made a statement otherwise. If everybody were to carry bazookas would my father tell other people im having the best weapon of all time above every one else if everybody has it? Hell no
It was a popular technique but how many people have canonically demonstrated this ability?

Anyways! this is not a valid subject.

Darth Sexy
A flawed assumption. Just because Exile along with her companions managed to beat him in a particular situation does not means that he is a loser. Thank God I'm finally taking a logic and reasoning course so I can properly name these fallacies. I believe you're grasping at straws in this one because I never called Nihilus a loser because he lost to the exile, nor did I call him a loser period. And it is NOT a flawed assumption, because Nihilus WILL lose to anyone who is a wound in the force, because he can't feed on them and sort of gets a reciprocal effect.

Prove he was in a bad state. Assumptions don't mean anything.

Telepathically? No. He just was, he didn't have a force ability to make those people his mindless slaves. It just happened when anyone looked upon him and saw death in the galaxy. Not to mention you're referring to non force users, which makes the entire point moot.

Yes, game mechanics. There are no canon sources stating that Nihilus was was able to use a stasis field. That's like saying the Exile knew the force storm just because it was in the game.

No, gameplay mechanics=not canon.

You'd have to ask lightsnake. Luke held ships together before, I don't know which specific ones. He also copied images of them with the force and destroyed ships with the force.

Yea, when the other sith lords were named Traya and Sion. I would actually argue that Kreia was more powerful than he was in the force, and had more knowledge. Yet she wasn't a wound in the force so she couldn't use the force drain to the degree Nihilus could.

S_W_LeGenD
Thank God I'm finally taking a logic and reasoning course so I can properly name these fallacies. I believe you're grasping at straws in this one because I never called Nihilus a loser because he lost to the exile, nor did I call him a loser period. And it is NOT a flawed assumption, because Nihilus WILL lose to anyone who is a wound in the force, because he can't feed on them and sort of gets a reciprocal effect.
How would he loose to any wound in the Force? He cannot fight and win without his Drain power?

You are indeed making a flawed assumption.

Prove he was in a bad state. Assumptions don't mean anything.
Assumptions?

He was starving because he had not fed on anything in a while before facing Jedi Exile and her companions. And when he tried to Drain Exile, then he was further weakened.

Additionally his power was being also used on holding an entire Flagship together. This was a big burden indeed.

So he was in a bad shape and was also out-numbered by his enemies.

Telepathically? No. He just was, he didn't have a force ability to make those people his mindless slaves. It just happened when anyone looked upon him and saw death in the galaxy. Not to mention you're referring to non force users, which makes the entire point moot.
Well! it is something that provides him some benefit. He was indeed dominating the minds of people in his ship.

Yes, game mechanics. There are no canon sources stating that Nihilus was was able to use a stasis field. That's like saying the Exile knew the force storm just because it was in the game.
Nihilus stunned Exile and his companions in a cut-scene? Didn't he?

No, gameplay mechanics=not canon.
Force abilities are not Game Mechanics.

You'd have to ask lightsnake. Luke held ships together before, I don't know which specific ones. He also copied images of them with the force and destroyed ships with the force.
I will be waiting for him to show me a source of this.

Yea, when the other sith lords were named Traya and Sion. I would actually argue that Kreia was more powerful than he was in the force, and had more knowledge. Yet she wasn't a wound in the force so she couldn't use the force drain to the degree Nihilus could.
Darth Traya was very powerful as well.

But don't forget that fight in which she was dominated by Nihilus.

Darth Sexy
How would he loose to any wound in the Force? He cannot fight and win without his Drain power?

You are indeed making a flawed assumption.
Considering he had NOTHING BUT a force drain that was worth mentioning and he's going to face the most powerful force user in the SW universe, yes he will lose and lose badly.

Yes, because the exile was a wound, so him trying to eat a wound in the force would have a reciprocal effect.

So you say.

Absolutely irrelevant misdirection.

Which has no bearing on force users.

No

Gameplay mechanics are non canon unless backed up by another source.

I believe he tried to feed on her but he didn't kill her.

Utrigita
no he forced pushed her into the wall like that SNAP.

Darth Sexy
No, he didn't force push her. He stripped her of her powers by attempting to eat her, which is why she couldn't call the lightsaber back to her. "I was stripped of my power".

Kadesh
Are you 3 years old?

Was I talking about the magnitude of a Drain attack?

I was talking about the nature and purpose of a Force Drain. And wookieepedia is 100% right.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Do you know the difference between a force drain and the scepter of ragnos?

Do you know they are different natured? Are you a retard?
Do you know the scepter of ragnos drains force energies while a force drain drains the life from an organism? Wookiepedia is 100% wrong im sorry.

Then tell me mr smartypants. why would a normal force drain work on a yuuzhanvong while nihilus attack wont? Because it is a completely different attack Do you or do you not understand?

Do you even know what the scepter of ragnos is? it has been shown to be able to drain the force from objects like the dark side cave of dagobah, Nihilus brought this feat to a new level without the use of tools. A normal force drain CANNOT do thay

In simple words: Malak performed Force Drain but Nihilus performed a sophisticated Death Field of a massive magnitude.
See the above

It was a popular technique but how many people have canonically demonstrated this ability? According to what you were so fond of telling me in our last debate that drew stated the DJ padawans used drain, lightning etc against revan. tsk tsk tsk,
hypocrite

EDIT

remember kreia? she stated that nihilus stripped her off the force and the only way is that when he used that technique to do so, we saw the cut scene but did we see a normal force drain technique doing it? No.

It is something we cannot see

S_W_LeGenD
Do you know the difference between a force drain and the scepter of ragnos?

Do you know they are different natured? Are you a retard?
Do you know the scepter of ragnos drains force energies while a force drain drains the life from an organism? Wookiepedia is 100% wrong im sorry.
Term such as "Life Force" points to "Life" of an individual.

Life Force is a hypothetical word and it points towards the vital energy of a living body. When a Force Drain attack occurs, it drains these vital energies that are necessary for a living body and thus the target becomes weaker and weaker until it dies.

Death Field of Nihilus not just drains these vital energies but also strips a Jedi from the Force itself. Thus a new name has been given to his attack and that is "Force Slurp".

This is the fundamental difference.

Then tell me mr smartypants. why would a normal force drain work on a yuuzhanvong while nihilus attack wont? Because it is a completely different attack Do you or do you not understand?
Again a Force Drain attack drains those vital energies that are necessary for the survival of a living being. Thus Vong are also no exceptions.

Check the above explanation.

Do you even know what the scepter of ragnos is? it has been shown to be able to drain the force from objects like the dark side cave of dagobah, Nihilus brought this feat to a new level without the use of tools. A normal force drain CANNOT do thay
And did I said that normal Force Drain would achieve this?

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?

See the above
According to what you were so fond of telling me in our last debate that drew stated the DJ padawans used drain, lightning etc against revan. tsk tsk tsk,
hypocrite
I told you that those Dark Jedi were over-powered by the Star Forge. Malak over-powered them through the Star Forge and thus they were performing impressive feats. You can notice this as the Dark Jedi on Star Forge were more effective combatants then in any other regions. Additionally Bastilla's BM was also helping them to fight more effectively.

EDIT

remember kreia? she stated that nihilus stripped her off the force and the only way is that when he used that technique to do so, we saw the cut scene but did we see a normal force drain technique doing it? No.

It is something we cannot see
Again you are confusing my statements.

I said that Nihilus's Drain is far more sophisticated then normal Force Drain. Do you understand the meaning of word "sophisticated"?

Nihilus attack could strip a Force user from the Force itself.

But Force Drain could drain the vital energies necessary in a life form until that life form dies.

jollyjim311
Databank says quite clearly that force powers don't work on Vong. End of story. Your theories are fun and all, but, drain, being a force power, wouldn't work on Vong. Only that Emerald lightning worked, for unknown reasons.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Databank says quite clearly that force powers don't work on Vong. End of story. Your theories are fun and all, but, drain, being a force power, wouldn't work on Vong. Only that Emerald lightning worked, for unknown reasons.
Most of the Force attacks don't work on the Vong. This is true but again you see Emerald Lightning working on them, which is also a Force attack.

So I think that a very few Force abilites might work against them. And Life Draining abilities are very different in nature from most other Force abilities.

Anyways! Kadesh said here that Drain would work on Vong. So this is not my ideology in the first place.

Darth Sexy
Most of the Force attacks don't work on the Vong. This is true but again you see Emerald Lightning working on them, which is also a Force attack.
Luke created Emerald lightning especially for the Vong. It is on an entirely different level of the force, and therefore works. NO OTHER FORCE ABILITY WORKS ON THE VONG.

What you think is irrelevant because they wouldn't work.

No, it wouldn't work on the Vong, try again.

S_W_LeGenD
Luke created Emerald lightning especially for the Vong. It is on an entirely different level of the force, and therefore works. NO OTHER FORCE ABILITY WORKS ON THE VONG.
Now this makes sense.

No, it wouldn't work on the Vong, try again.
Why should I try again? I Know that Force attacks do not work on Vong. But I must remind you that Drain Life attacks have never been attempted on Vong, as far as my knowledge is concerned. So we don't know.

But I generally give priority to what is said in SW Databank.

Kadesh

Nihilus attack could strip a Force user from the Force itself.
Exactly, you should have said this earlier to avoid confusion but the point is he did not used the normal "sophisticated" force drain against kreia or she would have died. He used a different technique and that is what you just mentioned : strip some one off the force,

Do you get it now?

S_W_LeGenD
Exactly, you should have said this earlier to avoid confusion but the point is he did not used the normal "sophisticated" force drain against kreia or she would have died. He used a different technique and that is what you just mentioned : strip some one off the force,

Do you get it now?
wink

zephiel7
Legend, is your avatar WoW?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by zephiel7
Legend, is your avatar WoW?
I selected it from the avatar choices provided in this Site stick out tongue

Does it looks bad? If yes then I will change it.

zephiel7
I selected it from the avatar choices provided in this Site stick out tongue

Does it looks bad? If yes then I will change it.

Lol, its not bad, but when I play WC3 I'm an orc fan. stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Legacy of the Force Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.