Boobsmagee vs IceJaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eclipso
Theme: "Heaven or Hell"

Judge: me

Renders

Option 1: Heaven
http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=964

Option 2: Hell
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4548/demon24zjfq9.png

Restrictions: No smaller then 480 x150

Bonuses: Really good intergration of your chosen render and the theme showed succesfully

End date & time: Tuesday Feb 21st 11pm 96 hours

Eclipso
IF you don't have a GR id, here is the heaven one:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8296/gallery550105149630ec7.png

boobsmagee
thanx for posting holy crap tho has to be that long lol

Eclipso
I like to give you guys time to do it and well, I'm expecting good things here.

boobsmagee
oh lol i meant the sig lenth requirements lol

Eclipso
I'm not a big fan of small sigs.

Barker
Originally posted by boobsmagee
thanx for posting holy crap tho has to be that long lol
It's actually kind of short, compared to other duel lengths.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Barker
It's actually kind of short, compared to other duel lengths.

Eclipso
Would you guys like me to extend the length size?

boobsmagee
ummm not really lol

Eclipso
Just over a day left guys, you goona be ready?

boobsmagee
im currently about to do mine, fast lol ive been busy, had a bit o homeowrk helped somone with a site, did a few banners, now ive got this, a sotw, a report, a banner, and a request to do by the end of tuesday lol

boobsmagee
something tells me im gonna lose this the effect i was going for wasnt working erm

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/xxalhazred/demonicish.png

trademark
I like it

Eclipso
Icejaw still waiting on your submission

IceJaw
Totally forgot about this, on it now.

IceJaw
Done. erm

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/520/mageevsicebh6.png

Marko
Originally posted by IceJaw
Done. erm

I like it colors are good its a funky style, But i dont think It fits the render all too well. Its v good though, I would say boobs because his fits the theme more. But yours would do it for me if there was no theme.

IMO 31

Eclipso
Okay, first I will say what applys to both:
-Nethier had a real 'Hell' feel to it.
-Nethier included the theme title in their sig.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/xxalhazred/demonicish.png

-Very good blending.
-Nice intergration of the text and very good choice of text.
-More of a 'Cosmic' look to it then a 'Hell' one.
-The border on it was very hard to see.

-Pretty good blending.
-Color choice good for the effect.
-More of a 'Tech' look then a 'Hell' one.
-No border.
-No text in the sig.

And the Winner is:

Boobsmagee.

Help
Originally posted by Eclipso
-Nethier included the theme title in their sig.

When did you specify that?

IceJaw
-No border.

What the f**k?

Have you even looked at the image border? 'Cause it might actually be there.

Congrats, Magee.

boobsmagee
yah u didnt lol, but ice if there was no theme lol you would have killed mine, very nice work, i would nvr had seen a tech/vectorish style with that render

Barker
Originally posted by Help
When did you specify that?
First sentence of the first post. no expression

TOH
What the f**k?

Gannon
Since when must the "theme" automaticly be in the text?

Marko
Originally posted by Gannon
Since when must the "theme" automaticly be in the text?

I think B bear iss confused.

I think he thinks Ice jaw means that since when did the title theme (Being the theme) Be used in the sig

Not the 'title' of the theme

eg. Hell

Gannon
Now I'm confused. zorro

Marko
Originally posted by Gannon
Now I'm confused. zorro

lol

no expression

Barker
srug

Marko
srug Originally posted by Marko
lol

no expression

Gannon
yawn

Eclipso
What the f**k?

Have you even looked at the image border? 'Cause it might actually be there.

Congrats, Magee.

If there is one it's far too small.

IceJaw
Is a one pixel border PLUS a red outer glow too small? Since when?

Your judging system doesn't make much sence. No offence.
Originally posted by boobsmagee
yah u didnt lol, but ice if there was no theme lol you would have killed mine, very nice work, i would nvr had seen a tech/vectorish style with that render The renders didn't inspire me at all.

Eclipso
Thats the point of having the judge pick the renders, causeA true test of your sig making ability is to make one with any render wther it's one you like or not.

I can't really tell your pic had a border at all, sorry.

Cloud_VII
*Sigh* -Edited-

IceJaw
Cloud. eek!
Thats the point of having the judge pick the renders, causeA true test of your sig making ability is to make one with any render wther it's one you like or not.
Read again.

I didn't say I didn't like it, not to mention the renders/render would fit a vertical sig much better and would be easier to work with and if I don't like a supplied render I ask for another. Why? 'Cause the rules allow me to.

Eclipso
Well you didn't and I gave you two options, plus if your a good sig maker, the render shouldn't be much of a factor.

Help
No, because no matter how good a sig maker you are you can't make good of a bad render.

Eclipso
Yes acutaly you can, I would never turn down a render, and Boobs obviously made something good out of it.

boobsmagee
i didnt think the render i used was bad i had been planning on eventually using it, but for a hell theme it was hard to come up with what to do, and the angel i absolutely hate, that 3d style :/, and frankly i think your sig was amazing ice lol

and i think there have been to many vertical sigs lately, there cool and all, but i dont think there meant to really be used as a sig

IceJaw
I gave you two options, plus if your a good sig maker, the render shouldn't be much of a factor. Two options? The first option was a complete no-no and if I'd ask for new ones you would either:
A.) Find us quite similar ones and get turned down again which would result in a complete waste of time.
B.) There is no B.

Again no offence but just look in your other threads.
plus if your a good sig maker, the render shouldn't be much of a factor. That's complete bullshit and you know it, no explanation needed.

EDIT: not to mention I totally forgot about this duel.

Eclipso
Well it's not, in many types of competition you don't get to choose your material. (Example: a singing competition, you don't always get to choose your song) As I said I would never turn down a render. A true talent is someone who can take anything and make it great.

Yes I choose different renders, cause I'm tired of seeing the same or same type of render used over and over again. And it's useually some army one which I say now to people I will never ever pick as a render cause I think it's a boring thing to make a sig of. Versatility is a good quality to develop.

And yes I believe you about how much you put into the sig and also no offence but thats why you lost the duel.

IceJaw
Well it's not, in many types of competition you don't get to choose your material. (Example: a singing competition, you don't always get to choose your song) As I said I would never turn down a render. A true talent is someone who can take anything and make it great. You act like your oppinion is a fact, which it isn't btw.
And yes I believe you about how much you put into the sig and also no offence but thats why you lost the duel.
I put 2 hours into the damn thing and as I said the demon lion or whatever it is didn't inspire me, neither would it fit a "hellish" theme.

Marko
request a close much?

Please?

No need for all of this. Its obvious you have different views and that your just going to aannoy each other like this so close?

Help
Originally posted by Marko
request a close much?

Please?

No need for all of this. Its obvious you have different views and that your just going to aannoy each other like this so close?

They'll probably just fight in their own threads.

I side with Ice on this one.You can't make a decent sig with a bad render.

Spidervlad
Okey, let me tell you a story of my duels.

You know what kind of renders I acutally got?!?!

Mutated donald duck with octopus fins.
Yoshi
Gay anime dude.

I'm seriously starting to get sick of people giving retarded renders. However, I didn't find Eclipse's render to be bad...

Eclipso
They'll probably just fight in their own threads.

I side with Ice on this one.You can't make a decent sig with a bad render.

1) First off it's not a bad render, but even if someone gave me a bad render I would make the best sig I could for it and find a way to use it. Only a lack of talent prevents this.

2) It's a picture of a demon, explain how it doesn't fit a "hell" theme?

Help
1) First off it's not a bad render, but even if someone gave me a bad render I would make the best sig I could for it and find a way to use it. Only a lack of talent prevents this.

It is a bad render they have no flow, the demon guys got no legs and and did you just call me and Ice talentless?

Spidervlad
Well, the coloring of the render is hard to blend in... Make the background and brushes black, then it wouldn't be noticible, make it white and it would be way to light for the render...

IceJaw
and and did you just call me and Ice talentless? That's practicly what he's been doing the whole time and probably more than just us.

*cough*Big misstake*cough*

Eclipso
Boobs managed to do something with it.

And I never said you guys were talentless. Only that if you are prevented from making a quality sig becuase you didn't like the render, then your talent only extends so far.

IceJaw you lost, and it was a pretty sound defeat. Sorry if you can't handle that.

Barker
Stop bitching about the decision of a judge on an online forum and move on with your young lives?

IceJaw
Whatever. It's not even about that.
IceJaw you lost, and it was a pretty sound defeat. Sorry if you can't handle that. Is that what you think? That it was because I lost? Oh dear. I've lost before.

Spidervlad
Maybe we should solve this with a peacefull match of Tic Tac To?

Help
I was thinking a team duel?

trademark
I was thinking a team duel?
I would like to see that

Eclipso
Guys, you could give me a pic of a stick figure and I would still make the best sig I possibly could and I wouldn't whine about it once.

So if you can only win a deul when it's your own handpicked sig then it reflects poorly on your ability.

IceJaw
Again, you act like your own opinion is a fact.

boobsmagee
wtf i dont get why this got blown so far out of porportion, IVE SEEN ALOT WORSE RENDERS released in duels, so the fact that it went sof ar with this one is blowing my mind, i know i wasnt totally happy with a hell theme, but who cares, really its about having fun, so dont ***** all the time, my god, yah i partially agree with u jaw, and eclipso, a bad render makes a bad sig, but im not sure that applies to this case, bcuz icejaw made an amazing sig, just not fully based around the theme, so why the hell are we fighting about this?

had to go didnt get time to finish what i was going for but

he technically didnt say u guys are bad artists, first of all quickshot this really has nothing to do with u tho i respect you as an artist, and he was makinga valid point a good sig artist can usually make a good sig outta a bad render, its been done and is done, so a good artist wouldn tcomplain about a bad render, and u can consider his render bad which it really wasnt, but consider the fact that u acutally made something good out of it so in ways u cna almost say u are being complemented, just give htis up

theres no reason for you to fight about something as petty as this

all it does is to make you all look like fools

IceJaw
I'll quit as soon as he quits BSing about how talent is related to supplied renders.

Barker
You'll quit as soon as Lana comes on. no expression

boobsmagee
ummm hes not bsing, i agree with him on that, bu ti suppose there is a limit to the severity of the render, but still theres no reason to be fighting

Eclipso
I'll quit as soon as he quits BSing about how talent is related to supplied renders.

Wow, talk about someone who thinks their opinion is fact.

It's a degree of creativity, A creative person can make a sig out of anything. As I said I would never turn down a render for a duel, if I don't like the render or it's not my usual choice I just see that as more of a challenge, and I like that it challenges me.

IceJaw
NOT without inspiration.

Again, I never said the renders were bad I said:
I didn't say I didn't like it, not to mention the renders/render would fit a vertical sig much better and would be easier to work with
I put 2 hours into the damn thing and as I said the demon lion or whatever it is didn't inspire me, neither would it fit a "hellish" theme.
But nvm.

Eclipso
It's not up to the render to inspire you, it's up to you to be creative enough to make something out of that render.

Swe_Bum
Well I Agree With Ice, Inspiration is definitely needed in this case of renders erm

IceJaw
It's not up to the render to inspire you, it's up to you to be creative enough to make something out of that render. What the f**k?

I made a sig with it and guess what? It apparently sucks, why? 'Cause the render wasn't inspiring.

And inspiration = an idea what to do with it.

the end, ok?

NiņoAraņa
ok, it's done, you guys should stop arguing now, cus it's done, kthnxbye.

Swe_Bum
Laugh?

IceJaw
haermmbig

Eclipso
What the f**k?

I made a sig with it and guess what? It apparently sucks, why? 'Cause the render wasn't inspiring.

And inspiration = an idea what to do with it.

the end, ok?

Boobs found it inspiring. It's all about the degree of creative ability.

IceJaw
STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!

Simple enough for ya or do you want those replaced with something else?

NiņoAraņa
STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!

Simple enough for ya or do you want those replaced with something else? haermm

IceJaw
Spam haermmbig

Eclipso
It's my thread, I can post whatever I want. You don't like it you don't have to read the thread.

The point still stands, a creative person can make a sig out of any render. I can do it, Boobs can do it, many others can do it.

NiņoAraņa
It's my thread, I can post whatever I want. You don't like it you don't have to read the thread.

The point still stands, a creative person can make a sig out of any render. I can do it, Boobs can do it, many others can do it. shocklaugh

Marko
request a close much?

Please?

NiņoAraņa
ermmha

Lana
Okay.

Number one, quit the bullshit arguing. I don't care WHO'S thread it is.

Number two, if someone is not inspired by a particular image, or it is low-quality, they could be the most creative person in the world and still not be able to come up with something. Creativity is not an absolute nor is it something measurable. The whole point of these duels is to push people to try things they may not normally do, but sometimes they get something that they simply can't get to work properly. EVERYONE has had one of these. And quite frankly, if it's a crap image, the best you'll be able to come up with is mediocre work. That's just life.

I'm closing this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.