Baraka/Goro Vs. Vega/Blanka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Muck101
Each team has a relative beast, and a slice-and-dicer. Who wins?

Cloud_VII
Yeah...Goro takes them out by himself...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Yeah...Goro takes them out by himself...

I doubt it Goro is big and slow thats where Baraka most likey come to help him out

Remulous
Vega and Blanka, narrowly. I don't know about a bout between Blanka and Baraka but Vega will take Goro.

Muck101
Excuse me...... but Vega taking Goro? HAH! No way in HELL does that prettyboy take out Goro. Are you kidding?

Cloud_VII
Goro would break Vega's claws and rip off his head. Blanka's roll thing isn't bringing down Goro; Goro's strength is probably greater than Vega and Blanka's combined.

beta ray bob
yeah goro's a stomping BEAST. blanka can do that electricity thing though...

Muck101
I would have made a Goro Vs Blanka thread, but im SURE its been done already....

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Muck101
I would have made a Goro Vs Blanka thread, but im SURE its been done already....

Nope, the only place that it's ever been mentioned is the generic MK vs SF thread.

beta ray bob
(street fighter pwns mk)

Remulous
Originally posted by Muck101
Excuse me...... but Vega taking Goro? HAH! No way in HELL does that prettyboy take out Goro. Are you kidding? Johny Cage beat Goro, I see no reason why Vega can't, he is a Shadaloo general, ya know.

beta ray bob
yay!

Sado22
agreed.

MK sucks. Beastality. Fatality. Crapality. Wtf?

~Sadosamality

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
agreed.

~Sadosamality HILARIOUS!!!

MK's cool, most of the time.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Remulous
Johny Cage beat Goro, I see no reason why Vega can't, he is a Shadaloo general, ya know.

I was under the impression it was Liu Kang who beat Goro, not Cage unless you're talking about the movie.

Muck101
Originally posted by Sado22
agreed.

~Sadosamality

For the sake of my respect for you, Sado, I'm going to pretend you didn't just insult Mortal Kombat.

PiruBlood
goro alone can kill all street fighter people. im a fan of both but cmon goro hands down.

Remulous
PiruBlood, eh!?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by PiruBlood
goro alone can kill all street fighter people. im a fan of both but cmon goro hands down.

^obviously does not play Street fighter. I don't usually co-sign with Sado, but he's right. MK does suck, when compared to SF/KOF. It's badly balanced, and not considered a good franchise. I'd say Vega can win, but he'll seriously have to work for it. I'm not sure he can beat Goro. But you are seriously overrating Goro.

Muck101
Not a good franchise? Sucks? Blasphemers! MK is the greatest, in my oppinion. I grew up with MK, and it holds a special place in my gaming heart. Sure, alot of the sequels did blow, but you got to respect MK for the sheer ammount of controversy it caused back in the day. It was all over the news! I mean, come on, the concept of a 'Fatality' was and still is kick-a$$. As far as characters, the MK characters stand out the most in my mind. Hands down, no videogame fighting move can match Scorpions spear. its a classic! Never been topped as far as I can see! I hope your proud of yourselves, you made me take a long look in the mirror and realize that I am a fanboy. FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

Muck101
Now that that's out of my system, back to business. I don't doubt Vega. The guy is a freak. but you need to think about all the damage Goro has taken. The stuff the MK fighters do to eachother is just mind-boggling. Vega could win in a pinch, but I think the fight really boils down to one-on-ones between Goro/Blanka and Vega/Baraka. Vega and Baraka is a fight I would LOVE to see.

JacopeX
Originally posted by beta ray bob
(street fighter pwns mk) Shut up really. Im sick of your fanboyism.

Superboy Prime
I think Vega will take out Baraka, but will fall short of taking down Goro...even a tired Goro.

Remulous
Muck, do you really think MK is THE GREATEST(better then everything else prtaining to fighting games)? laughing

olympian
The MK duo all the way.

MK isent the greatest but its one of the most entertaining figthers out there. If you want one figther where you just go gore on an opponent without worrying too much with tactics, its the game.

Muck101
By that, I meant my favorite.

pea55
Blanka will take goro!!!!! I already proved this in a Blanka vs goro thread! Anybody care to be proven wrong!

pea55
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Nope, the only place that it's ever been mentioned is the generic MK vs SF thread. No they have a Blanka vs goro thread here at killermovies. Google Blanka vs goro and you'll find it!

Sin_Volvagia
Goro tosses the Street Fighters a Baraka "fast-ball special" and he watches his partner tear them up like a rabid wolverine with a cattleprod up its ass.

samirerre
lol goro is too strong for vega AND BLANJA
johny never defeated goro
only liu kang
vega isnt fast as he was but he
would beat baraka
blanka would shit himself when goro comes to him

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by pea55
No they have a Blanka vs goro thread here at killermovies. Google Blanka vs goro and you'll find it!

Dude, do you realise that comment was made back on 2007 before Muck made that thread?

quanchi112
Goro solos.

Innominate__1
the Mk duo have projectiles... on top of goro and baraka are both pretty strong... since vega's faster... but if goro can get through blanka fast enough.. they might take this... i'd say the projectiles give them a bit of an edge...

socool8520
Do they have an answer for Blanka's electricity? If he so much as touches Goro or Baraka, they're done. Vega is really not needed except as a diversion.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Goro tosses the Street Fighters a Baraka "fast-ball special" and he watches his partner tear them up like a rabid wolverine with a cattleprod up its ass.
Pretty much this.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't usually co-sign with Sado, but he's right. MK does suck, when compared to SF/KOF. It's badly balanced, and not considered a good franchise.
Also, lol.

socool8520
And how does he just go about tossing them? They are martial artists so I'm pretty sure they won't just stand there. Besides, as soon as Goro tries to grab Blanka, he gets electrocuted. Take him out and Baraka has no chance.

Ridley_Prime
Goro's been shown to be pretty durable, so I doubt just one shock from Blanka would knock him out. And even if he can't grab him/them, he can still cause decent enough damage from a distance with his fireball or ground pound, or do his Hulk-like jump and stomp on them repeatedly. Then there's his spinning fists thing which is pretty fast and devastating.

Are the kombatants allowed to do their x-rays here if given the chance?

Frisky Dingo
I change my mind, balrog is implied to be tough, but has no showings. Blanka On the other hand, how exactly can the mk team get around him? He's Stated to be stronger and faster than the best animals in the amazon. Not to mention his electricity being even more lethal than the deadliest eels. It doesn't even take the best eel to potentially fry an alligator.

Innominate__1
Frying an alligator with eel generated electricity? That's a lil much isn't it? I could be wrong, yet, both goro or blanka are probably more durable than an alligators anyway, and is blanka covered in electricity at all times? If so, they can just shoot a projectile at him if that were the case...

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Innominate__1
Frying an alligator with eel generated electricity? That's a lil much isn't it? I could be wrong, yet, both goro or blanka are probably more durable than an alligators anyway, and is blanka covered in electricity at all times? If so, they can just shoot a projectile at him if that were the case...

No. Eels in the Amazon can generate up to 600V. That's 6 times more powerful than an electric socket, which has been shown to cause 3rd degree burns on a human. The one reason why it wouldn't cook an alligator is due to the fact that the eel can't keep the current going because it is also shocking itself. It has to stop out of sheer self inflicted pain, and when it does, if the gator hasn't fallen victim to cardiac arrest and died, it gives it time to flee from the eel. However, there is no such indication that Blanka suffers from this draw back, he can keep it going for a very long time, in comparison to an eel.

I also would not a assume Goro or Blanka are more durable than an alligator. Also, Blanka, in a few words, is at the top of the food chain in the amazon and has been known to easily defeat wild beasts and armed poachers. It's safe to assume that Blanka is well above top human performance in combat. Unless these "projectiles" are fast, one can easily say that they aren't something Blanka should be all too worried about.

Ridley_Prime
I still find it hyperbole though to assume that both Goro and Baraka have got nothin' on Blanka because of that electricity. Besides, Goro has tanked Raiden's electricity/lightening at least once before IIRC, and has unthawed himself after being frozen from Cyber Subzero's ice attack, among other things, which I think is more than an alligator could do. He's also said to be able to manipulate fire in his hands if he needs to attack using them.

And as a Tarkatan, it's not like Baraka only has normal human stamina. He's got an acute sense of smell as well like Wolverine and a decent healing factor, so I doubt a little shock from Blanka will make him unable to fight, especially since he was apparently able to survive Kung Lao's vertical hat slice in the events of MK Trilogy. Not to say that Blanka's electricity wouldn't be problematic though.

Also,

Blanka will take goro!!!!! I already proved this in a Blanka vs goro thread! Anybody care to be proven wrong!
You've proven nothing other than that you're a biased twit who normally resorts to non-canon feats and creates childish threads that are against the rules like that last one you made which got locked.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I still find it hyperbole though to assume that both Goro and Baraka have got nothin' on Blanka because of that electricity. Besides, Goro has tanked Raiden's electricity/lightening at least once before IIRC, and has unthawed himself after being frozen from Cyber Subzero's ice attack, among other things, which I think is more than an alligator could do. He's also said to be able to manipulate fire in his hands if he needs to attack using them.

And as a Tarkatan, it's not like Baraka only has normal human stamina. He's got an acute sense of smell as well like Wolverine and a decent healing factor, so I doubt a little shock from Blanka will make him unable to fight, especially since he was apparently able to survive Kung Lao's vertical hat slice in the events of MK Trilogy. Not to say that Blanka's electricity wouldn't be problematic though.

I know I, for sure, never said that Blanka won this battle, or won at all, just because of his electricity. I also mentioned how he is stated to be the strongest thing in the rain forest, who no longer saw a decent challenge in wild beasts or armed poachers. More powerful than the wild animals of the Amazon. That alone puts him above normal human capabilities.

Goro may have tanked lightening, once, but so have many normal humans and so could an alligator. The question is, how well does he respond to being shocked on a rapid and frequent basses? And also, how well does he stack up to what is actually known of Blanka's combat abilities that allow him to defeat the Amazon's best, animals like anacondas, jaguars, and alligators. Creatures we can only assumed Blanka has faced in being considered the most powerful.

I should also reiterate that Balrog, although in story, would mop the floor with Blanka is almost a non factor due to his lack of showings. Depending on what Goro and Baraka have to offer, this could be a two on one situation. Which might even the odds. But the fact that Blanka is a tricky character shouldn't be ignored.

Innominate__1
@FD
That's alot of blanka facts.. smile anyway, when he does his electric move attack is he standing still like in the game (you know he squats or whatever and out jumps the electric energy)? If so, it wouldn't be too difficult to counter this attack with a projectile (unless if blanka's mobile while he's totally engulfed in electric energy, i could see how it would be very difficult to overcome), and he is above human capabilities i grant you that, but so are baraka and goro, as a matter of fact, goro's like 500 years old and king of his race, who's only rivals are centaurs, he's a dragon/human (half/half being part dragon should bring alot of abilities in his favor), a general in shao kahn's army (giving him experience in warefare and exterminating life), safe to say he's far stronger than pretty much any human on earth (except liu kang for some reason stick out tongue ) or animal/poacher from the amazon... And baraka's arguably the strongest tarkatan known, these dudes kill other tarkatan tribes as a way of life (granted are not very smart, but fight like rabid wolves) and are said to be far stronger than humans as well (except raiden's chosen warriors stick out tongue ), so looking at all those things, i gotta side with goro/baraka.... But not without difficulty... cool

No End N Site
@ Frisky

Damn son! I gotta reread my shit on SF, I didn't know all that shit 'bout Blanka. Le'me see if you lyin. smile

pea55
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You've proven nothing other than that you're a biased twit who normally resorts to non-canon feats and creates childish threads that are against the rules like that last one you made which got locked. . Listen ridley! If you wanna debate with me then have a constructive, mature debate without makin it personnal. I'm tired of getting into heated arguments because of the name calling and immature insults. I know that SF anime (most not all) is non canon.... But that's not the point! The point is it represnts how strong the SF characters are and that was stated by CAPCOM and I also pointed that out more than once before. I made WWH, Juggs, Wolverine,Beast vs. Mk Universe in outworld and. that being childish is irrelavent to the Topic. Besides I didn't know that I couldn't make a Comic vs game thread in that forum..... Tell me how that was childish? I've proven nothing other than me being bias? In the Blanka vs goro thread I posted a link to my proof and no one negated any of my post afterwards including you who was never in the debate in the 1st place. I'm not sayin that goro is soft or weak that would be plain stupid! But I feel that Blanka beats him more times than none because of his abilities and if you feel like goro takes it then come with his abilities( which is something I haven't seen yet) and I would have no problem aggreeing with Goro if he seems superior. But just don't come with the childish insults because I disagree with you, doing so will really show who is really bias. But Just respect me as I always respected you..... Now come with it..... I'm ready!

pea55
Originally posted by No End N Site
@ Frisky

Damn son! I gotta reread my shit on SF, I didn't know all that shit 'bout Blanka. Le'me see if you lyin. smile Are those Morrigan Sprites in the picture right above your signature?

Ridley_Prime
. Listen ridley! If you wanna debate with me then have a constructive, mature debate without makin it personnal. I'm tired of getting into heated arguments because of the name calling and immature insults. I know that SF anime (most not all) is non canon.... But that's not the point! The point is it represnts how strong the SF characters are and that was stated by CAPCOM and I also pointed that out more than once before. I made WWH, Juggs, Wolverine,Beast vs. Mk Universe in outworld and. that being childish is irrelavent to the Topic. Besides I didn't know that I couldn't make a Comic vs game thread in that forum..... Tell me how that was childish? I've proven nothing other than me being bias? In the Blanka vs goro thread I posted a link to my proof and no one negated any of my post afterwards including you who was never in the debate in the 1st place. I'm not sayin that goro is soft or weak that would be plain stupid! But I feel that Blanka beats him more times than none because of his abilities and if you feel like goro takes it then come with his abilities( which is something I haven't seen yet) and I would have no problem aggreeing with Goro if he seems superior. But just don't come with the childish insults because I disagree with you, doing so will really show who is really bias. But Just respect me as I always respected you..... Now come with it..... I'm ready!
I thought you were just trolling with that other thread you made, as it seemed pretty obvious who the winners would've been, but since you say you didn't know it was against the rules, I'll forgive ya this time. Guess it's only right that I apologize as well, as I didn't expect this kind of reply back.

And fair enough on the Goro thing, though I did list some of his feats/abilities both here and the other thread, but it's still kinda unclear in my opinion on whether he would beat Blanka or if the other way around would happen. It's not exactly one-sided per se, so could go either way really...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.