New NIN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I'm surprised nobody has posted anything about this, though I guess I shouldn't be seeing as a lot of people here think NIN are sellouts (/is a sellout) for reasons I'm not sure of.

Anyways, the new NIN album is apparently called "Year Zero" and due to be released in April.

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

Ronny
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I'm surprised nobody has posted anything about this, though I guess I shouldn't be seeing as a lot of people here think NIN are sellouts (/is a sellout) for reasons I'm not sure of.

Anyways, the new NIN album is apparently called "Year Zero" and due to be released in April.

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html OH MY GOD KEVIN scared

Solo
I don't know why you'd call them sellouts, they've always been popular. I've been excited for the new album for a while, it'll be great.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Ronny
OH MY GOD KEVIN scared

OMFGZROFLMHAIMO!!!!

Goodness, I haven't seen you in an age! euro

Solo: I personally am not calling anyone affiliated with Nine Inch Nails a sellout, but there are a number of members here who have. As I said, I've never really recieved an explanation on why anyone thinks they've sold out; I mention it only as a possible explanation to why there isn't already a thread about the new album.

The Core
Nah, it's just that their last album bored me.

MildPossession
I'll be up to getting the new album.

Dr. Strangelove
I don't think NIN sold out. Trent just made a really shitty record.

StinkFist462
www.myspace.com/nin

has two new Year Zero tracks up. Survivalism is pretty mediocore. My Violent Heart is possibly the greatest NIN track ive ever heard.

The Core
Ugh. It just sounds like he's trying to recapture some edge he lost long ago. I hate the vocals on "My Precious Heart". Those whispery, spoken word poetry type deals just get on my nerves.

MildPossession
Don't think much of Survivalism, for some reason part of it reminds me of a mix of Korn, and Powerman 5000.

My Violent Heart, humm I like the music but like Core, I'm not liking parts of the vocals. I'm not a fan of spoken word in most music either.

Not good so far.

Solo
Not too bad.

Darth Revan
Eh. I'm rather dreading the new album, actually. I was hoping it'd be better than the last... So far it's not looking that way. "My Violent Heart" is a decent track, but With Teeth also had its moments, and was still a pretty bad album.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I don't think NIN sold out. Trent just made a really shitty record.

As far as I'm concerned, he has never made a great one. About 70-80% of The Fragile is very good/great. Other than that, I don't see the fuss over them, other than the bad teenage poetry striking a chord with idio..fans.

The Core
I hold the same opinion, but for "The Downward Spiral". It's just a genuinely pissed off album, whereas everything else is just throwing angst at a wall and seeing if it sticks.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
As far as I'm concerned, he has never made a great one. About 70-80% of The Fragile is very good/great. Other than that, I don't see the fuss over them, other than the bad teenage poetry striking a chord with idio..fans.

I would agree. I consider The Downward Spiral and Fragile to be very good albums but not great ones. Both have songs that I could do without.

Barring a few songs, lyrically, Trent is pretty much a rich man's Chester Bennington. Lyrics have never been his strong point.

Alpha Centauri
I think Trent did sell out, but it's nothing to do with the fact that I think With Teeth was worthy of being used as a tea coaster.

When you spend your life building an image of "I'm Mr. Anti-Mainstream!", I expect you to not go on mainstream bubblegum pop shows, which Trent did as soon as he decided he needed to regain money from financially failing with The Fragile. Rather than realising it was his best album, he caved in and made an album that was so sickeningly aimed at the masses. He used the dry excuse of "I'm coming to compete with the bad mainstream music.". Except he ended up making bad mainstream music.

Now he's struggling to stay relevant by attaching himself to the underbelly of Saul Williams and people like that.

This album may be some mega feat of exploring different mediums, but if the music is shit, which it apparantly is, then it's all for nothing. The Wachowski Brothers had a storyline that was explained through CGI cinema, comics and video games. It didn't save them from producing an actual piece of crap second and third movie.

-AC

pcp
NIN may have sold out but they're 100,000,000 times more interesting than most bands around. The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are brilliant, as is With Teeth.

If Trent has sold out then perhaps selling out ain't so bad.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pcp
NIN may have sold out but they're 100,000,000 times more interesting than most bands around. The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are brilliant, as is With Teeth.

If Trent has sold out then perhaps selling out ain't so bad.

Nah, that's all wrong what you said.

-AC

pcp
Wrong? Factually wrong? In what way?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Nah, that's all wrong what you said.

-AC

We'll fight, yeah?

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
We'll fight, yeah? Are you a ****ing pokemon or something?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Are you a ****ing pokemon or something?

Nah I'm a pokemon trainer, I run that gym in Fuschia city.

But seriously you're so witty and cool for saying that, do you just make up that material, I find it amazing the kind of originality that stems from your computer, truly amazing.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Nah I'm a pokemon trainer, I run that gym in Fuschia city.

But seriously you're so witty and cool for saying that, do you just make up that material, I find it amazing the kind of originality that stems from your computer, truly amazing.

That's kinda hilarious, seeing how you basically ripped of Stewie (or anyone that ever used this standard reply), just in bad.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pcp
Wrong? Factually wrong? In what way?

It's not factually wrong, but you're quite an idiot if you feel like selling out is good...or With Teeth.

-AC

StinkFist462
well. another new NIN tracked leaked. "In This Twilight" i think its utter trash that should have never been brought to the light of day. "Me, I'm Not" is the only good song so far.

Victor Von Doom
Any reason why everyone who now hates them continues to go back to them?

I haven't read a single article or interview about them since they released WT, because they don't interest me.

Bit of battered wife syndrome going down.

Alpha Centauri
Trent Rez, ennit.

Don't see why everyone is awaiting what'll be another lame album.

-AC

The Core
Trent made angst trendy. Angst sells.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's kinda hilarious, seeing how you basically ripped of Stewie (or anyone that ever used this standard reply), just in bad.

Who the **** is stewie? I have no idea what you're going on about

pcp
I didn't say selling out was good, I said perhaps it's good. You're the idiot for not reading the reply. I find it hypocritical of you to say that I'm an idiot for liking With Teeth when you seem to spend every hour of every day trying to rally against such replies.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pcp
I didn't say selling out was good, I said perhaps it's good. You're the idiot for not reading the reply. I find it hypocritical of you to say that I'm an idiot for liking With Teeth when you seem to spend every hour of every day trying to rally against such replies.

It was an extreme remark, don't take it seriously.

I suspect you're an idiot anyway, I don't think liking With Teeth was the deal-sealer.

-AC

Solo
How strange, I have no problems with any of the new NIN songs.

Solo
Anyone else think that these tracks might not actually be released on Year Zero? Anyone else think that the track listing may be fake? It's a bit suspicious, it seems like a track is leaked everyday. Maybe Trent is just ****ing with our heads.

StinkFist462
maybe if you looked into it youd realize the leaks are intentional.

Solo
That's kinda what I just said man.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Solo
That's kinda what I just said man.

oh, it just looked like you said the tracks were leaked. not intentionally. whatever. cant wait for the next one.

MildPossession
I found the new album to be very disappointing. Only two songs I enjoyed, and one was just for the music. His voice got on my nerves on most tracks on With Teeth, and nearly all of Year Zero.

Will not be buying it.

Alpha Centauri
If you're going to like music it should be for the music, I'm not sure why you picked that out as if it were odd.

Either way, if you didn't see it coming after With Teeth, well...

-AC

MildPossession
It was a track where I liked the music, but it would have been a lot better without his vocals.

I like to give an album a chance, so got to listen to it free instead of buying it and wasting my money.

Alpha Centauri
I heard that it was streamed, like most bands do now, because people are impatient idiots.

You can still bet people who dislike it will download it.

-AC

Solo
I like With Teeth and thought this was awful.

StinkFist462
listened to the new album

theres maybe one or two mediocore (at best) tracks. but in general, its a huge disappointment.

1/5

Imaginary
I heard Capital G on the radio the other day... WHAT THE HELL? This album looks to be a major waste of plastic.

StinkFist462
The Beggining of the End and God Given are possibly the only tracks i can bother listening to on this album

every song has the same generic set up. starts off with an electronic drum beat, other instruments come in, everything gets noisy, back to drum beat. finish. 16 times. the exact same.

the whole spoken-word thing trent has been doing for the past two albums needs to go away.

Alpha Centauri
I wonder if anyone's picked up the moral yet.

Maybe the next NIN album is the time people will realise.

-AC

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I wonder if anyone's picked up the moral yet.

Maybe the next NIN album is the time people will realise.

-AC

hopefully he'll start doing drugs again. that seems like the only thing that made his music worthwhile.

masterkit
I love this CD ^-^

Smasandian
I really like it also.

Much better than With Teeth.

Alpha Centauri
If that's the only compliment people are gonna give the album, might as well say it's much better than Justified by Justin Timberlake.

-AC

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by StinkFist462
hopefully he'll start doing drugs again. that seems like the only thing that made his music worthwhile.

Zing!

JLred
Originally posted by StinkFist462
www.myspace.com/nin

has two new Year Zero tracks up. Survivalism is pretty mediocore. My Violent Heart is possibly the greatest NIN track ive ever heard.
i like Survivalism better...

but right now i'm into The Great Destroyer

Lord Shaper
I still haven't heard this album, been wanting to for some time though. With Teeth was a MAJOR dissapointment, however. IMO The Fragile was his best work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.