Star Wars Box Set

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I heard from a friend that there would be a complete Star Wars box set released on 25 May 2007 for the 30th anniversary. One thing mentioned was the scenes removed from Episode III with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

I did ask my friend where they heard it and the response was "the internet somewhere."

Can anybody confirm this?

vintageSW77
maybe Elvis Presley

queeq
Or Jim Morrison....

All rumors so far, number, all rumors.

ToMacco
Originally posted by 132945
I heard from a friend that there would be a complete Star Wars box set released on 25 May 2007 for the 30th anniversary. One thing mentioned was the scenes removed from Episode III with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

I did ask my friend where they heard it and the response was "the internet somewhere."

George Lucas really plays us all for fools, doesn't he?

He knows we'll all buy the DVD's when they first come out.

Then he purposly leaves scene out of Episode III, knowing he'll release those scenes on the new DVDs. Because he knows we'll all buy them again. mad

steverules
Damn him

queeq
Yes...

Major contributions here....
"Damn him"
"Yes..."

Do you really need to encourage spam?

Alliance
Do you really even know what spam is?

Apparently not.

I count useless crap that doesn't contribute as spam.

Marxman
Off-topic nonsense is considered spam. On topic nonsense isn't stick out tongue

EPIIIBITES
Indeed

Try it 132945... "In - deed"

JaehSkywalker
Lucas = sly fox?

((The_Anomaly))
I count useless crap that doesn't contribute as spam.

Wow, no one cares. For 2 reasons. 1) That isn't what is considered spam, and 2) Actually no, the first reason is good enough.

OB1-adobe

I thought the Obi/qui scene wasn't even shot to begin with............................actually, what the fvck are you talking about man???????????

That was supposed to be a Yoda/quigon scene wasn't it???

Grab your friend by the nose and upper lip and tear his face off for being a compulsive liar

queeq
Neeson was never filmed after TPM, so taht scene doesn't exist I think.

Originally posted by Marxman
Off-topic nonsense is considered spam. On topic nonsense isn't stick out tongue

Then you agree that it's spam?
Because I don't see how "Yes" or "damn him" are on topic.

queeq
Off topic nonsense is NOT spam...

Marxman
Then you agree that it's spam?
Because I don't see how "Yes" or "damn him" are on topic. It is on topic. It may not have added anything substantial to the conversation but it didn't change the subject.
Originally posted by queeq
Off topic nonsense is NOT spam... Yes it is.

queeq
No, it isn't. It's.... off topic nonsense. Spam is neither on or off topic.

PiruBlood
man i aint shelling out more cash for 6 movies i already have. ill just download the scenes cause it is bs that every few years they re-release it.

queeq
It's all we have, Piru.

darktim1
Well I guess will see.

queeq
Yup

chinabing
Deleted scenes are nice, but I would like, for the eventual super-de-dooper set, to have everything spliced together.

Not just the cut scenes, but the cut *parts* of scenes, the trimmings of scenes that were cut because they were too long.

I've been reading the "making of" book on ROTS, and there sure were a lot of them. They hacked off lines at the beginning, the middle and the end of scenes.

This wouldn't be the "official" film or anything, just an enlongated version of the movie.

queeq
I doubt ROTS'd be very interesting though. Usually stuff is cut for very good reasons.

chinabing
I doubt ROTS'd be very interesting though. Usually stuff is cut for very good reasons. Oh, it would be interesting . . . very interesting.

They cut all kinds of stuff out of ROTS, the whole Anakin->jealously thing, thinking obiwan and padme were an item, etc.

Look, there's only so many times we can re-buy these movies. What's blu-ray gonna do, seriously?

If they somehow thread each and every bit of cut dialogue and patched it all together for all 6, it would be very interesting.

I do agree cut out stuff is cut for a good reason, but I want to see these because I'm a fan.

queeq
Fair enough... but I hope it's worthwhile. Coz if it isn't it's gonna be kinda disappointing. Besides, everything is blue screen so all you'd see are the actors. Dunno if taht's any good. I doubt Lucas will release unfinished footage anyway.

sithsaber408
Maybe he'll go back and refinish effects and such like they did for the 7 deleted scenes in TPM?

queeq
Very expensive.

sithsaber408
Made up by enormous profit Lucasfilm would gain on a set containing all restored deleted scenes and other extras.

queeq
Sure. But he'll get the money anyway, why would he spend money on scenes he didn't like?

Darth Jello
Lucas cuts waaaay to much tho, phantom menace was kinda shitful cause lucas cut all the character developement out of it. Sometimes I think that he should have been a mohel....

Jack Daniels
lucas does everything fer a reason ....lucas is a genius so says supershadow...lmao!...somethin like that....i wanna see qui-gons ghost...thats it for my expectations....the rest is all up to ss........LOL!!

queeq
SS rides again?

ESB -1138
I would just want to see Yoda talking with the ghost of Qui-Gon. That's it.

Lord S
So it's finally time for the super duper re-re-re-re-release of Star Wars, huh? Great...I look forward to avoiding it.

queeq
What makes you think it's gonna be super-duper?

Darth Jello
the biggest let down on the last rerelease was the sound mix. I mean whoever did it must have seriously been swigging old crow, and i mean both the enhanced and original dvds that were released last fall. Whenever i watch the three i have to screw around with my sound settings cause i swear i've heard 78's that have better engeneering.

queeq
Sw was a relatively low budget film at the time.

megadeus
Supposedly the six movie set has been delayed due to slow sales
of the untouched OT films. Seems they went to the well too many times....

Count Makashi
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I would just want to see Yoda talking with the ghost of Qui-Gon. That's it.

Yea, that would be great and if Yoda and Qui-Gon redeemed Dooku in death, so that he came back to the light, That would be awesome, it would be the best scene ever.

queeq
Originally posted by megadeus
Supposedly the six movie set has been delayed due to slow sales
of the untouched OT films. Seems they went to the well too many times....

I don't understand...

megadeus
According to The Digital Bits.com's rumor mill, Lucasfilm was surprised by the weak sales of the untouched OT. Now they're considering holding back the super box set for a year or two until demand increases.

This could be wrong and an announcement might be made at Celebration IV but it seems odd that there's been no info out there....

queeq
It is rather...

And the untouched OT was the last one with the original releases right? Well, what did ya expect? Only die-hard fans would by that, like me. Now, if they had released the SE and the original OT, that might have been interesting...

megadeus
Didn't those three have both versions? Original and SE?

Alliance
According to The Digital Bits.com's rumor mill, Lucasfilm was surprised by the weak sales of the untouched OT. Now they're considering holding back the super box set for a year or two until demand increases.

Did they take into account they just released the same damn movies a year prior? Even I, the star wars fan, only want to own so many copies.

megadeus
That's what probably surprised them.
They think fans will just buy anything that's out there and now they know better.

I'd still like to see this nearly mythical box set released for the 30th Anniversary,
so hopefully there will be something at Celebration IV....

queeq
Didn't those three have both versions? Original and SE?

No, original and last DVD version.

megadeus
No, original and last DVD version.

Right, I forgot: those were the Extra Special Editions.

General G
It is rather...

And the untouched OT was the last one with the original releases right? Well, what did ya expect? Only die-hard fans would by that, like me. Now, if they had released the SE and the original OT, that might have been interesting...

I bought it...

I am not sure I would buy this if they came out with it, I mean, I have enough copies of the OT, they would have to have something pretty worth while with it to win me over...

queeq
I bought it too. The new menu's were nice.

chinabing
I bought it too. The new menu's were nice. It's going to take more than mere menus to make me buy it.

Count Makashi
How many box sets of the same movie can you buy, i don't like the new ones, especially because of the changed music at the end of ROTJ and there is some other stuff as well, the best one is from 1997, because they added Corusant.

queeq
I bought three sets of SW OT on video: full screen, wide screen, SE.
I have TPM and AOTC on VHS, and on DVD, plus I have two sets of the OT dvd... So I'm sure I can buy another one.
THe only thing I don't have, is the laserdisc.

Count Makashi
I have the 3 PT(1, 2 and 3) on DVD, and the one from 1997, the 20 year anniversary. I wont buy the new ones, because of the changed music, replaced Palpatine in ESB and Hayden Christensen in as ghost in ROTJ.l

queeq
I'll buy anything, I'm stupid. wink

General G
Aren't we all...we have given Lucas so much money

queeq
Yup... Well, not all of it is bad though.

General G
True, there has been some good out of it...and some bad, I won't mention the SE

queeq
Which is still better than the DVD version.

General G
I want an original un remastered normal original version of the OT, like what you would see 30 years ago

queeq
That was on the latest DVD release. The original releases.

General G
Really? I haven't seen them yet...I should look, because I would definately buy them

queeq
They came out months ago. They have the latest DVD release on them and the original unmastered theatrical releases. Adn with lovely moving menus made from the orginal filmposters.

General G
Oooooh...sounds nice

Morridini
Unfortunately those weren't released everywhere, they never made it to Norway. So I am hoping for a 6 movie box.

General G
Were they released in Canada?

queeq
Not in Norway???? Very strange... I'm sure they made it to Canada though. The US had a nice tin can to go with it. Of course, I don't have it therefore.

General G
How come you didn't get it?

queeq
Because I don't live in the US and I didn't feel like spending twice the amount of money on a set I already half own and which is in the crappy NTSC video format.

General G
Alright, good enough reason

Count Makashi
Because I don't live in the US and I didn't feel like spending twice the amount of money on a set I already half own and which is in the crappy NTSC video format.

Lucas will be sad.

General G
Unless you buy two of them so queeq doesn't have to buy his

queeq
I bought a set... just not the tin set.

General G
I didn't get the tin set...

queeq
Did you get the normal set then?

Count Makashi
Good, Lucas will be a happier man now.

queeq
Ya think?

Count Makashi
Soon he will have enough money to make Howard the Duck2, this is all of his master plan, he only made SW that would make money for him, his dream has always been making 9 episodes of Howard the Duck.

queeq
Aha!!!! Another mystery solved.

General G
Did you get the normal set then?

Yup

Aha!!!! Another mystery solved.

Now for the mystery of how Jar Jar was able to survive all the way until Episode 6...

Count Makashi
Isn't it obvious, he is Sidious master and told Sidiou what to do, Jar Jar controled evrything, he played the Jedi foor fools, he is the most evil character ever to be created.

General G
oh

I should have known!

queeq
Didn't you get Lucas' grand plan?

Count Makashi
And they say i am slow....................wait, what wore we talking about again?

queeq
Indeed.

General G
Didn't you get Lucas' grand plan?

No...I must have missed that memo

queeq
You did then.

General G
I will make sure I get it shortly

Count Makashi
What are we talking about?

General G
You should know, you started it...

Count Makashi
Started what, what is this place?

General G
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Isn't it obvious, he is Sidious master and told Sidiou what to do, Jar Jar controled evrything, he played the Jedi foor fools, he is the most evil character ever to be created.

Count Makashi
Who m i?

queeq
THat's what we all want to know.

Count Makashi
What, do you want to know?

queeq
Who you are...

Count Makashi
Who m i.

queeq
Who r u?

General G
Who r me?

Count Makashi
R cant tell.

General G
R not?

Count Makashi
R dont remeber.

queeq
R nutsie.

Count Makashi
R know.

queeq
R rated.

Count Makashi
R mean retarded.

queeq
R about to close.

General G
R closing....

Count Makashi
R don't.

queeq
R yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.