Current Drax vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can the man who killed Thanos beat the main man?

Drax- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drax_the_Destroyer

Sixth_Winged
Honestly no. Drax is just a stronger ripoff of Riddick with the special ability to become Thanos's kyrptonite. Other than that he's just a glorified brick with knives.

golem370
He is much stronger then Riddick like 40 tons or so he beat Lunatik and the the Blood Brothers and went threw a Annihilation Wave right?

Sixth_Winged
What can i say

-Lunatik.....jobbed
-Blood brother......jobbed/not really that powerful in the first place
-Random insectoid from the annihilation.....yeah win..against the space version of the hand ninja
-Thanos.....silver bullet to his werewolf.

He's good for a 40-70 tonner but he ain't beatin a top tier character without giffen writing him.

Wally West
Drax isn't anywhere near Lobo's level. He isn't that powerful, the editor of Annihilation said he couldn't beat Thor and would have trouble with Wolverine...

swerve1988
LOBO takes this

Priest
Originally posted by Wally West
Drax isn't anywhere near Lobo's level. He isn't that powerful, the editor of Annihilation said he couldn't beat Thor and would have trouble with Wolverine...
wow thats pretty crazy, i would say Drax would rape wolverine.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Wally West
Drax isn't anywhere near Lobo's level. He isn't that powerful, the editor of Annihilation said he couldn't beat Thor and would have trouble with Wolverine... Do you have a quote for that? I don't remember Andy Schmidt saying that, but I haven't been through his entire message board over at Comic Book Resources.

I'm willing to say Drax will do decent against Lobo. Possibly even stalemate him. He's lacking his flight and energy projection powers, but his strength and durability seem to be at their original levels, if not stronger. Ever since his rebirth, there really hasn't been an enemy yet that could stop him, including Lunatik, Annihilus's queens, several Centurions, and the reality warping Delinquent. I don't count his win against Thanos due to the rebirthed Drax being Thanos's "silver bullet".

I say Drax takes what Lobo's got and keeps coming.

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
Can the man who killed Thanos beat the main man?

Drax- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drax_the_Destroyer

Current Drax 'killed' Thanos. Wait, Thanos is back. Lobo lost to a bone claw Howlett. He cannot die ala Wolverine. Make ur choice. Drax wins

Hercules
Lobo losing to wolverine with bone claws was the worst writing ever! and wasn't it a fan vote?

I would have to give Lobo the majority.

guy222
Originally posted by Hercules
Lobo losing to wolverine with bone claws was the worst writing ever! and wasn't it a fan vote?

I would have to give Lobo the majority.

Bad writing does occur

Juntai
Originally posted by guy222
Current Drax 'killed' Thanos. Wait, Thanos is back. Lobo lost to a bone claw Howlett. He cannot die ala Wolverine. Make ur choice. Drax wins Never read a Lobo comic I take it?

This guy can swing nukes in melee combat, and when it blows, light a smoke off of it and fly off on his space hawg singing some thrash metal.

He throws down with guys way beyond Wolverine.

He has superspeed.
He has supersenses.
Superstrength on par with Supes.
Super durability.
Becomes immune to attacks used on him frequently, ala Doomsday. This ability made him near immune to magic.
Super regeneration. He can heal from pretty much any attack, instantly. Able to regerate to full form in moments of any attack.
Each drop of blood spilled, makes another Lobo, equally strong and independant.

Hercules
Originally posted by guy222
Bad writing does occur

It does and when you allow fans to vote the outcome then you leave yourself open to some freaky results, Wolverine won because he has more fans than lobo.

The writers couldn't even work out how to get Wolverine to beat someone who can go toe to toe with Superman, so they had them falling behind a bar and Wolverine coming back up smoking a cigar.

I don't think that fight should be counted towards the outcome of this fight.

TricksterPriest
It's not being brought up, and I'm sure some of you know this. But Lobo didn't lose that fight. He took a dive. He later said "Some bald guy" paid him off to lose.

Draw your own conclusions. stick out tongue

Lobo turns Drax's skull into a hood ornament for his bike. And he keeps the knifes.

Btw, Drax is a class 100 last time I checked. But he's still outmatched.

Soleran
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Honestly no. Drax is just a stronger ripoff of Riddick with the special ability to become Thanos's kyrptonite. Other than that he's just a glorified brick with knives.

Thank Goodness it's not just me that noticed this.

No way he is beating Lobo, although in his current incarnation he is very cool.

Wally West
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Do you have a quote for that? I don't remember Andy Schmidt saying that, but I haven't been through his entire message board over at Comic Book Resources.

I don't count his win against Thanos due to the rebirthed Drax being Thanos's "silver bullet".
"Remember, Drax was created to kill Thanos. He probably couldn't beat Thor in a fight, heck, he'd have a tough time beating Wolverine perhaps, but Thanos he can kill.

Drax is essentially the right tool for the job. Heck, Superman couldn't kill Thanos--Galactus can't kill Thanos, can barely hurt him. But Drax CAN KILL him. That's what he was designed to do."

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=3973564

snoopdogg
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's not being brought up, and I'm sure some of you know this. But Lobo didn't lose that fight. He took a dive. He later said "Some bald guy" paid him off to lose.

Draw your own conclusions. stick out tongue

Lobo turns Drax's skull into a hood ornament for his bike. And he keeps the knifes.

Btw, Drax is a class 100 last time I checked. But he's still outmatched. Do you know what issue that was stated in? I have heard this before.

Mider999
sounds like dumb writing drax at better power levels with even the power gem couldnt defeat thanos now he's unable to project energy and fly and suddenly he wins cause he's........thanos kryptonite.......rightttt, OH UH THANOS FANBOYS WHO KNOWS MAYBE THERE DEPOWERING THANOS FINALLY PLEASE DONT DONT RIOT IF ITS TRUE

Wally West
The idea is Drax evolves with each incarnation and develops new powers to try and kill Thanos, this new version of Drax has powers that negate Thanos' powers and shields and give Drax the chance to get a killing blow in, its nothing to do with depowering Thanos. In fact it was stressed over and over Drax is the only one capable of killing this Thanos so he comes across as more powerful if anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.