Thanos vs. The High Evolutionary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil_Ash
They meet. They fight. Who takes this?

NOTE: It would be nice to not see this ignored like my other threads.

King Kandy
Thanos....

The High Evolutionary was scared of a couple new men.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by King Kandy
The High Evolutionary was scared of a couple new men.

And went toe-to-toe with Galactus.

Symmetric Chaos
Does deevolution work on Titans?

hunbu04
it don't work on olympians gods as the HE could not de evolve hercules in the evolutionary war saga

Space M ummy
Originally posted by hunbu04
it don't work on olympians gods as the HE could not de evolve hercules in the evolutionary war saga

I wouldn't say it's correct to say it "doesn't work" per se. De-evolution didn't work but hercules was "evolved" (forward) out of existence in that same saga. I don't recall how herc got back though.

the olympians likely started as olympians, that's why they couldn't be "de-evolved" into anything.

Apocalypse also managed to stalemate the evolutionary, and an enraged warlock actually killed him once, so I'd say the galactus feat is more the exception than the rule.

Thanos wins this 9/10.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Apocalypse also managed to stalemate the evolutionary

What's that sepose to mean? stick out tongue

an enraged warlock actually killed him once

That was with the soul gem.

Also due to internal mechanisms HE built into his suit, HE survived that. Surviving apart from his corporeality until he re-constituted himself.

King_Mungi
Question as it's been awhile since I read anything with HE, how did he regain his sanity from seeing the birth of a Celestial?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What's that sepose to mean? stick out tongue

That was with the soul gem.

Also due to internal mechanisms HE built into his suit, HE survived that. Surviving apart from his corporeality until he re-constituted himself.

it means that if apocalypse can stalemate you...the same apocalypse that was killed by cyclops, mind you...you can't be that high up on the totem pole.

I'm aware it was with the soul gem. Thanos has defeated infinity gem wielders before including warlock.

And killed and reconstituted is still a loss.

Evil_Ash
the same apocalypse that was killed by cyclops.

When and how did Cyclops kill Apoc?

Hercules
I don't know if its possible to de evolve a titan, if it is then I would say HE has a fighting chance.

If not then I would say Thanos takes it.

Space M ummy
When and how did Cyclops kill Apoc?

This was at the end of the run where the original members of the X men still comprised X-factor. the same issue where baby nathan summers was sent into the future to become Cable.

Apocalypse was on the moon at full power, fighting both the entire team of X factor AND the inhumans.

Cyclops destroyed Apocalypse's original body on his own, with no help, with a full power optic blast. Apocalypse didn't show up again until years later in X-cutioners song in a regeneration chamber, STILL massively weakened from his original form.

Evil_Ash
Cyclops destroyed Apocalypse's original body on his own, with no help, with a full power optic blast.

Well, a full power optic blast is nothing to play around with.

There are also times when his optic blasts has had no effects on Apoc. As here:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers5.png

And here, in which he also sucks Cyclops bone dry of energy.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers6.png

Space M ummy
Well, a full power optic blast is nothing to play around with.

There are also times when his optic blasts has had no effects on Apoc. As here:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers5.png

And here, in which he also sucks Cyclops bone dry of energy.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers6.png

your first scan is from the second "cyclops and phoenix" saga- IIRC cyclops was incarnated into a different, weaker body for those.

your second I'm not too sure of, but judging by cyclops' uniform he's in Xmen- meaning this takes place sometime after he destroyed apocalypse on the moon, as well as after X-cutioners song when he was left for dead on the moon AGAIN.

Apocalypse is in a different body by then. it's not his original. The one he fought the evolutionary with, and the one cyclops defeated in X factor were the same one.

also interesting to note is that when cyke destroyed apocalypse, his visor was completely off, and his optic blast was actually yellow. I don't think that's happened since, but I think it the artist meant to imply that this particular blast was FAR more powerful than what he usually puts out.

TricksterPriest
the Apoc hate on this board is amazing, roll eyes (sarcastic) Cyclops beating Apoc on the moon was such garbage..... sad

Anyway, HE is severely outclassed. Thanos nukes him. Whether HE stays dead this time is another matter. But Thanos is gonna win the fight.

Evil_Ash
your first scan is from the second "cyclops and phoenix" saga- IIRC cyclops was incarnated into a different, weaker body for those.

So, weaker body means, weaker optic blasts?

Apocalypse is in a different body by then. it's not his original. The one he fought the evolutionary with, and the one cyclops defeated in X factor were the same one.

Different body?

TricksterPriest
This is something I greatly disagree with. Some jackass thought it was a good idea to make Apoc a body snatcher. Thus, forcing him to constantly switch bodies and ****ing up his powers. One of the reasons I despise current Apoc. miffed

Space M ummy
So, weaker body means, weaker optic blasts?

Different body?

re: your first question: absolutely. it was established in the first cyclops and phoenix miniseries that the mother askani couldn't literally bring their original bodies through time, so it instead transferred their conciousness through time into close approximations that were weaker than the originals.

re: your second question- sometime after apocalypse died on the moon during X-cutioners song and the original cyclops and phoenix miniseries, it was established that apocalypse had begun using "host" bodies that his powers would eventually burn out. This was the point of "the twelve"- to use the powers of those twelve mutants to create a new host body capable of holding his powers.

each body does not have equivalent stats- it's established that either the body he gained through "the twelve" or the body provided by the cable's clone (stryfe) would have given him greater abilities.

Evil_Ash
The Twelve saga is one of the biggest PIS writings of all time.

If Apoc is just some old guy in a suit, then how the hell can he create massive holes through his own body??

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmorph3.png

Space M ummy
The Twelve saga is one of the biggest PIS writings of all time.

If Apoc is just some old guy in a suit, then how the hell can he create massive holes through his own body??

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmorph3.png

The twelve saga isn't PIS- they'd been building up to it for at least a decade. It's not a GOOD story, but what happened (apocalypse using host bodies, manipulating everyone to create a new host body) had been building up for quite some time. It was established that was the reason he infected baby nathan summers in the first place.

apoc isn't literally "an old guy in a suit." he's been retconned into a "power" or conciousness (like, say..the phoenix force, or the enigma force, but much less powerful) that "posesses" a body to make use of. he can take any form he likes, and it's been shown in the future that the true form of different host bodies look very different from each other.

Read the original cyclops and phoenix saga...this is where this nonsense started, I think.

TricksterPriest
Now there's Apoc at something close to what he should be. Can we get the rest of that fight? Besides, I'm pretty sure it was Loeb who wrote the Twelve saga, and look how he ruined Onslaught. HE TOOK APOC'S STRINGS!

Mider999
apoc wasnt a jobber when he fought the high evolutionary thats when he defeated a prime eternal is it not, and when HE first came out he was a very very powerful being, like some kinda human god but his powers vary due to his supply of some kinda substance that gives him power, i think that dr doom once got a hold of it and was able to do almost anything.

TricksterPriest
the HE fight and Ikaris fight are both considered Classic Apoc.

The substance you refer is called 'Isotope A' and 'Isotope G'. it's one of the components in his evolution ability. G was used to heal the HE after his genetic code became unstable. Unfortunately, I don't know too much more about it.

guy222
They meet. They fight. Who takes this?

NOTE: It would be nice to not see this ignored like my other threads.

high e

Bouboumaster
If Hulk can kick the crap out of HE, Thanos do it Hands Down.

swerve1988
HE ftw

guy222
still high e

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.