wakanda vs gorilla city

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
Good debate now lets debate.

Symmetric Chaos
Can you give a bio on Gorilla City?

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Can you give a bio on Gorilla City?

BP's Wakanda

armedforbattle
thumb up good thread

h1a8
Gorilla City because of Mind Control.

the Darkone
Wakanda hands down

sCOURGE_0
mind control wins

Q99
Gorilla City has less military tech I believe, but it does have Grodd (Mind Control), Solovar (more telepathy), Sam Simeon (minor telepathy), and it has the Albino Ape Knights, who served Wonder Woman for awhile, and are a bunch of highly enhanced warriors who collectively are trained to go after foes like WW and Superman. Also Primat, another super-strong ape (from the Trinity maxi series).

DarkSaint85
Yes, but....T'challa. Plus the mystics. And the advanced tech. Pity Storm is no longer there...

But it's hard to believe, given the circles Tchalla moves in, that he has no anti TP defences for his people. Plus they have their own mutants thanks to vibranium exposure.

Mindset
Black Panther solos.

pym-ftw
I find it hard to believe that Tony, Pym and the FF all have anti Tp field generators but they don't make them standard gear for the Avengers....

As it stands Gorilla city wins with ease

DarkSaint85
Yea,selfish bastards....

Panther God soloes

Mindset
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I find it hard to believe that Tony, Pym and the FF all have anti Tp field generators but they don't make them standard gear for the Avengers....

As it stands Gorilla city wins with ease Pretty sure BP does too, but I'm not gonna look for a scan.

comicfan11
I don't know which city wins, or whether Wakanda has standard TP defences, but in Final Crisis Freedom Beast, Bushmaster and Kid Impala (3 metas) are defending Gorilla City. Would they be used in this battle?
And at that point it was one of the few places on Earth still resisting Darkseid.

Just throwing it out there cause I like the characters.
smile

DarkSaint85
WITHOUT any real meta presence (numerically), the Wakandans drive the Skrulls back and sent their invasion ship back packed with dead bodies....

DarkSaint85
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37124/923754-black_panther_041_3031large_super.jpg

DarkSaint85
Am assuming of course Wakanda is pre Doom destroying all their vibranium, and pre Namor flooding all of Wakanda....

Flyattractor
Originally posted by xmeat
Good debate now lets debate.

Yes. Much better then when I did it.

Q99
Gorilla city has more numbers than a couple invasion ship, and I'd say are more dangerous warriors.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes, but....T'challa. Plus the mystics. And the advanced tech. Pity Storm is no longer there...

But it's hard to believe, given the circles Tchalla moves in, that he has no anti TP defences for his people. Plus they have their own mutants thanks to vibranium exposure.

I'm sure BP himself does, but blanket? That seems unlikely.

What mutants are of particular note? Nezhno is pretty strong, but ostracized and I believe left.

The others I know of are N'Kano and the villains Jakarra, A'Kurru, and M'Baku.

Others are minor, possessing stuff like peak-human stats or a bionic arm, plus the occasional magic power.

complexbrother
I belive Wakanda takes this .

h1a8
Originally posted by complexbrother
I belive Wakanda takes this .

Not with Gorilla City having mind control.

DarkSaint85
How are people seeing this fight?

Is it a straight up, two armies meet on the battlefield?

A long prolonged war?

Guerilla (or should I say...GORILLA??) tactics?

Do both sides have prep? Warning?

Grodd I see as a nonfactor, as he's a baddie. Either you have him, or Solovar, not both (not seen enough of reboot Grodd anyway, I know they are both attacking Flash).

I see it coming down NOT to the hero units, but the basic army, which Wakanda would have in spades. The Wakandan airforce alone, together with their vibranium cruise missiles, would decimate those dirty apes. Not to mention their giant panther robots. Mind control is fine and dandy, but it won't matter one bit to an ICBM.

But then, you might talk up the prep, and say Grodd boosts his TP. Then BP would cloak his country - after all, both Wakanda and Gorilla City have been able to hide themselves for centuries.

Sin I AM
if there is a moments prep im sure wakanda can make some anti-tp tech...they are beginning to lose their clout though, doom, morlun, and namor all took a toll on the country

DarkSaint85
Yah. Current Wakanda would get pretty stomped - no vibranium, no Storm, no Panther God...although I guess T'challa still possesses one of the most formidable Rolodexes in Marvel, and could call up any allies he needs to plug that gap...

Incidentally, it took BP 10 minutes to whip up an anti-Typhoid Mary device, without his usual resources.

Q99

Grodd I see as a nonfactor, as he's a baddie. Either you have him, or Solovar, not both (not seen enough of reboot Grodd anyway, I know they are both attacking Flash).

Grodd has come to the defense of Gorilla City when it's in danger before.

Still, he's not critical.

The normal gorilla units do have jetpacks, guns including energy weapons, bombs and similar things. Grodd originally wanted telepathy so he could control the normal Gorilla City military and launch a war of conquest.

Also, let me again mention the enhanced Albino Ape unit, which is a heavily trained unit intended to take down Superman/Wonder Woman level beings, described by Diana as 'too strong to wrestle'.

There's like 8 of them. Highly trained, with energy weapons, wearing armor... each of them are going to be wrecking crews.

Mr Marvel
Wakanda i feel would be victorious..

Sin I AM
wkanada in its prime would win imo...but its been shown to not be the powerfouse it once was. if you wanna make a statement in marvel you go and ransack wakandas military

pym-ftw
Guerilla (or should I say...GORILLA??)
Is that racist?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m430pojNdz1rpp4avo1_400.gif
Yeah, a little racist.

Golgo13
Grodd is apart of Gorilla City in the DCnU. He just stole a portion of the Speed Forc and the Gorillas have some tech that can amp their TP.

Didn't Grodd turn the entire planets worth of heroes into apes, Pre-Flashpoint?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.