Damn that Knighquest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sindahouse
Can anyone help me out a bit. I love knighfall and knightsend. However, since knightquest has never been puslished in novel comic, I just don't know the story. What happened to Tim Drakes dad? What about Dr Shondra?? And how the hell did bruce find himself out of that wheelchair?? Why did he almost retire? Why did he come back??

I got some of the comics off ebay, but dam its hard to get them all. Any know where to point me in the right direction??

Ta

Superguy
Ah, I had this same poblem but thanks to the radio series and novelization, I know the basic story:
The kidnapper, Benedict Asp, came for Shondra, his step-sister, i believe. He was some kind of psychic and she had a power to do with healing or something. He reversed her energys using it to kill. When Bruce interfered, Asp tried to make Shondra kill Wayne but she redirected the energy, killing Asp and managing to heal Bruce, though her mind reverted to that of a child.
Bruce, now healed, decided to retire after this- Alfred had quit, by the way, because Bruce was pushing himself too much...
Jack Drake was OK anyway.
Meanwhile, Azrael went steadily nuts. Eventually, when the serial killer Abattoir had his hostage trapped in a secret torture chamber, Azrael beat Abattoir and let him die, which also led to the hostage dying.
That help any?

sindahouse
That helps heaps. I didn't know how bruce was healed. Know I do.... Thanks heaps man. At last I know the story. Just wish I had the comics.

Superguy
Yeah, Knightquest is bloody hard to get ahold of. I got a couple of issues from http://www.backissuecomics.com/

sindahouse
That link is dead for some reason................. sad

Superguy
Google "Forbidden Planet back issue comics"...

sindahouse
Thanks man. I'll give it a go

sindahouse
I just noticed something that you mentioned. You said Alfred quit. It only just dawned on me that Alfred was not in Knightsend at all. What made him come back and when?? Sorry but my curiousity is killing me.. smile

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Superguy
Ah, I had this same poblem but thanks to the radio series and novelization, I know the basic story:
The kidnapper, Benedict Asp, came for Shondra, his step-sister, i believe. He was some kind of psychic and she had a power to do with healing or something. He reversed her energys using it to kill. When Bruce interfered, Asp tried to make Shondra kill Wayne but she redirected the energy, killing Asp and managing to heal Bruce, though her mind reverted to that of a child.
Bruce, now healed, decided to retire after this- Alfred had quit, by the way, because Bruce was pushing himself too much...
Jack Drake was OK anyway.
Meanwhile, Azrael went steadily nuts. Eventually, when the serial killer Abattoir had his hostage trapped in a secret torture chamber, Azrael beat Abattoir and let him die, which also led to the hostage dying.
That help any?

I found all this out by listening to the audio CD of the trilogy... which is brilliantly voiced. The comics should have explained it but I felt Knightsend was the weakest of the three anyway. By the way does anyone know which comic is directly after Knightsend?

sindahouse
Whoa, wait a minute... There is a trilogy CD out there?? I thought u was juts playin. Gotta get this CD. Where do u purchase it from???

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by sindahouse
Whoa, wait a minute... There is a trilogy CD out there?? I thought u was juts playin. Gotta get this CD. Where do u purchase it from???

I got it from my brother as christmas present so I'm not sure where he found it. I look into it for you.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I got it from my brother as christmas present so I'm not sure where he found it. I'll look into it for you.

Lord Shadow Z
Here it is- sorry for the double post

http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Complete-Knightfall-Saga-Cds/dp/1594830746

sindahouse
Thanks man....... I hate buying online, so I'll see whatever options I have........ But its a start

sindahouse
Yes, booya!!! I got all Knightquest. I have the correct order for Knightquest - The Search, but does anyone know the correct order of comic books for The Crusade.. Unfortunatley the comics dont have comments like - "continued in .....blah blah blah"

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Yeah, Knightquest is bloody hard to get ahold of. I got a couple of issues from http://www.backissuecomics.com/

I was able to get all of the comics of knightfall, knight quest and knights end

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I found all this out by listening to the audio CD of the trilogy... which is brilliantly voiced. The comics should have explained it but I felt Knightsend was the weakest of the three anyway. By the way does anyone know which comic is directly after Knightsend?

Isn't it the "Prodigal" story arc?

tlbauerle
Prodigal isn't immediately afterwards...but its the next biggest story arc.

BruceSkywalker
I have the whole Knightquest story.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
He reversed her energys using it to kill. When Bruce interfered, Asp tried to make Shondra kill Wayne but she redirected the energy, killing Asp and managing to heal Bruce, ?

Wow, that is stupid. That Scenario sounds as though it belongs in an x-men comic...,not batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.