Hey:)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Surviver
Well, this is a comics forum, so it may be a good place to get my question answered...
I have written the script for a comic, and wanna know how i start my own company, or contact Marvel or DC?smile

Scoobless
It's not about a lion, is it?

no expression

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's not about a lion, is it?

no expression
srug

shifty

The Surviver
nopesmile
its called The Surviversmile
i used hours at inventing the story and writing the script, and i think it can go the distancesmile the story easily surpasses storys like secret warssmile

"V"
Ah, so what exactly is a Surviver? confused

The Surviver
Survivor, i meantsmile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by "V"

Some manner of Suvivor probably . . .

The Surviver
but please, if somebody could answer my questions, i would be happybig grin

"V"
Originally posted by The Surviver
but please, if somebody could answer my questions, i would be happybig grin

I have a question aswell actually:

If you cannot even spell Survivor correctly, how do you hope or imagine for any company to bother look at your scripts?

DigiMark007
Well, we're just comic fans. Most of us aren't really writers.

The best thing would probably be to write to a company (Marvel/DC, or you'd probably have better luck with more indie publishers) and asking about what processes they have in place to audition, screen, and otherwise search for new talent.

If you're lucky, you'll get some leads. Chances are, nothing will pan out....it's the nature of the beast. So good luck, but remember not to keep your hopes up. Most opportunities in fields like this come after lots of trails and/or failures. But if your work is good enough, you have a shot.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by "V"
A "Surviver" looks and acts exactly like a "Judge".313

The Surviver
digimark, i know my chances are small, but i have putted a lot of work into this, and without bragging, i think it surpasses SOME of marel and dcs storyssmile but maybe because i created it, and is the only one to see the beaty in it... do you know how i contact them?

The Surviver
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
A \"Surviver\" looks and acts exactly like a \"Judge\".313

actually a thing called a surviver?

DigiMark007
digimark, i know my chances are small, but i have putted a lot of work into this, and without bragging, i think it surpasses SOME of marel and dcs storyssmile but maybe because i created it, and is the only one to see the beaty in it... do you know how i contact them?

Check their website(s). I'm sure there's some contact info (email, phone #'s, etc.).

The Surviver
thanks, digismile

this is one of my scriptssmile
characterinfo and such, i dont have yetsmile

Script for the story part 1
---------------------------
1985, New Jersey:
Hank Foreman, member of the local mafia, decides to stop and settle down for a normal life.
The reason is that his wife didn\'t knew what his work was, himself calling it \"anonymous business\",
but suddenly, while shopping, saw her man threatening another man in a backyard:
\"I will give you one more day. Big Al don\'t like to wait. He don\'t care if you dies, you owe him money,
and if they aren\'t paid by tomorrow...\", then he discovered his wife saw it.
Hank pushed the man away, and slowly walked towards his wife, who had now discovered his
\"anonymous business\". Promising her to give up the life as gangster, he called Big Al, the mafiaboss
of New Jersey. He said that he gave up his work, and wanted to start a normal life. Big Al took it lightly...
It seemed. The night following the day, it knocked on the door to Hank\'s house. Hank\'s wife opened,
and was shot without mercy. The men at the door was Big Al\'s men. Hank knew the identity of a lot of
the gangsters in the mafia, and Big Al wouldn\'t let him quit with it. Hank demanded his son to hide,
grabbed a bat, and tried to fight back against the gangsters. But he, too, was shot and killed. The men
leaved, only leaving one survivor... Hank\'s son, Charles.
1998, New Jersey:
Charles Foreman, the son of the murdered Hank Foreman and his wife, now lives as a bartender in the
same town his parents was murdered in. He lives with a traumatic fear for the local mafia, because of
the gruesome experience had as a child. Some gangsters from the local mafia drops by his bar
and becomes rude to some of the customers. Charles\'s wife, Alicia, which helps at the bar, begs the
gangsters to leave, but is mercylessly shot in the shoulder, close to the heart. Charles overcomes his
fear and turns it into poor rage. He takes a knife, but is shot six times by the gangsters before he collapses.
Thinking he is dead, the gangsters leaves the bar. At the hospital, Alicia survives. But there is doubt in
Charles\'s survival. Two shots in the left shoulder, two shots in the right shoulder, one in the stomach and
one in right leg. After a month a the hospital, Charles had recovered. His survival was miracolous. But he
survived with a thought: the terror of the local mafia must end. Not once, but TWO times, he had survived
their terror. And two times, they had hurted the ones he loved... And if the police couldn\'t do something
about it... He would do it himself. When he came home, he and Alicia had a little lovescene of being reunited.
He instantly started working. During his hospitalstay, he gained a dream, an ambition... He couldn\'t stop
the mafia by just breaking in. But to stop them, he had to kill Big Al, the mafiaboss. His wife wondered about his
ambitions. He started training athletic. And his motivation made his training incredible effective...
2000, New Jersey:
The mafia still rules New Jersey. Charles and his wife lives their old lifestyle, but this would change now.
Charles had trained athletic in two, motivated years, and was now an expert. Athletic was an important
part of his seemingly impossible, but to him, important plan. Since childhood, Charles had had an interest in
mechanics. Another part of his plan. He used his knowledge on mechanics to create semiadvanced, but highly
effective devices. Devices with similiar goals... To help him sneak unseen into the mafias headquarters, kill
Big Al, and thus bringing an end to the mafias reign. He lefts a message for his wife, and departs in requested latixsuit
during the night, fully equipped with a orginal set of metalclaws, an grapplinghook, smoke grenades, and his own
homemade combo glasses, which works as both nightvisionglasses and infraredvisionglasses. When Charles stands
before the enormous bulding, he remembers the pain of a bullet flying throguh his skin, hurtigh his inner organs... He is
about to lose the courage, but pulls himself together. Two nighttime bodyguards stands at the frontdoor. Charles\'s latex
bodysuit and dextertity makes him soundlessly move close to them from behind, and quickly drilling his metalclaws through
their neck, resulting in both of them dying a quick death. He taskes their bodys and hides them in some bushes. He opens
the frontdoor to the building, and tosses a smoke grenade inside. The cameras catches the smoke, and the gangsters which
watches the cameres rushed out to check. Killing one of them from behind with stealth, Charles takes the other and threatens
him. He would let him live if he told him where to find the cameraroom. The gangster pointed at a window, and Charles, in
desperation breaking his promise, nut hating it, kills the gangster with his claws. A wellaimed throw with his hookshot gains him
entrance to the now empty camerarooms window. He climbs the rope, breaks the window, and climbs in. \"Hey! What\'s happening!?\"
a voice screams, and tries to open the door to the room, which is locked. Going panic, Charles quickly destroys the camerasecurity
with his claws. Then, he trows a smoke grenade, and presses himself against a wall. The door is smashed in, and a fat gangster walks
inside the smokescreened rook, only to get stabbed in the back by Charles, thus killing him. Charles had an advantage: thanks to his glasses,
he could easily see through smoke screens. Now, Charles didn\'t had to hide from the cameras. Only to sneak up to the top of the building,
where Big Al\'s office was, without being seen. Easier said than done, it was a hard trip through the building, and required a bit kills from behind,
and a lot of cornersneeking. But he reached the office and, surprisingly, the door wasn\'t locked. On the other side of the room, Big Al sat in a
chair in front of a disk. A fat man with smoking.\"Congratulations. You\'re the first one to ever reach my office without being invited.
What can i call you, mister?\" Big Al says in a calm tone. \"Just call me... The Survivor\" Charles replied.

The Surviver
pt 2
\"Well... Survivor. Tell me... Whats your business with me?\"
answers Big Al. \"Remember Hank Foreman?\" Charles asks in a cool tone. \"Hank? The first idiot ever to try signing out? Of course i do. His stupidness
is history here!\" Big Al laughs. \"I am his son. And i wanna end your mad ruling, here and now!\" Charles screams, while running towards
the calm Big Al. Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, a punch hits Charles in the face and makes him fly backwards.
It wasn\'t a gangster that landed the punch, but a more militant character, seemingly a soldier. \"This is Chuck Meredith, my personal
bodyguard. Trained soldier, skilled hand-to-hand combat, and a very deadly gunman. Even a \"survivor\" like you cant survive more than
20 seconds against this. Chuck... Kill him\" Big Al says. Chuck takes from two machineguns, one for each hand, and starts firing rapidbullets.
Survivor jumps out of the way, and quickly tosses a smoke grenade. While Chuck cant see, Survivor tosses his grapplinghook and uses it
to disarm Chuck, sending his machineguns away, into a far corner in the room. The smoke clears, and the enraged Chuck runs against
Survivor with a big combatknife in his hand. Using his athletic maneuvers, Charles avoids Chuck\'s slash and uses his claws to slash the combatknife
out of Chuck\'s hand. Angry over the cut he just received, Chuck starts to land powerful blows to Charles\'s head. Even through Charles had claws,
he wasn\'t a very skileld fighter, and Chuck had military experience. Thus, Survivor didn\'t stood a chance in that fight. He was punched and tossed
around. In the end, he used his last smoke grenade. When Chuck couldn\'t see Survivor, Survivor took over. A few slashes and stabs with his claws,
and even a mighty combatant like Chuck Meredith wouldn\'t move anymore. \"Impressive, Survivor, impressive\" Big Al says while clapping.
Big Al stands up from the chair, and stands in front of the disk. Survivor runs against Big Al, and tries to stab his stomach with his claws, but nothing
happened, besides Big Al\'s big stomach began wombling a bit. Big Al is cold and stands still. Survivor tries cutting his face, but his skin kinda absorbs
the damage. Big Al smiles, and gives a straight punch to Survivor\'s stomach, sending him flying a long way... With way too much force for a normal
human to punch. Big Al launches, and the confused Survivor doesn\'t say anything. \"You surely want my story, kiddo. Well, as a child, i was a bit, you
know, clumsy, maybe due to me being large already as a child. And my dad owned the nuclear power plant in Chicago. A failure at the power plant
resulted in it freeing a unknown gastype. My dad had taken me with him at work that day. Everyone reached the masks... Except me. I fainted.
Everyone thought i was dead, but see what the gas did to me...\" Big Al smiles. \"Made you a tough freak?\" Survivor taunts.
\"Nope. Made my flesh emtremely tough and resistent to damage, and raised my strenght to inhuman levels. I have calculated that i am now
able to lift 3 tons. That means... Bye-bye, Survivor\" Big Al smiles, and runs towards the now standing Survivor, tackling him so he flies
into the wall with his back. Survivor falls to the ground in pain, and barely rolls away from a deadly stomp from Big Al. He looks at the
machineguns left after his fight with Chuck, and throws his last smoke grenade directly at Big Al. Survivor quickly runs over and grabs
the machineguns, and starts firing at Big Al, who is still standing in the smoke. When theyre dry on shots, Survivor is shocked.
Even shots couldn\'t pierce Big Al\'s skin. Big Al laughs like a maniac, slowly walks towards Survivor, and tosses him in the air.
\"Try surviving THAT fall, Survivor!\" Big Al laughs while sending Survivor around 10 meters into the air with ONE hand! In the air,
Survivor tosses his grapplinghook at the chandelier. He climbs up on the chandelier and catches his breath. \"It\'s impossible to kill me,
so why continue?\" Big Al taunts from beneath the chandelier. \"Al... Don\'t you think i have done enough possible things tonight?\"
Survivor taunts back, and cuts the rope holding the chandelier, sending it down on Big Al, with Survivor standing on it.
\"The End of the Fatty\" Survivor says, with blood from Big Al spreading on the floor. He takes Big Al\'s microphone.
\"Gangsters... Fatty is down. You can go home now.\" he says, spreading his words through the speakers in the building. He lefts a
message at Big Al\'s disk: \"The Survivor was here\", and thus brings an ending to the first number in the \"The Survivor\"-series.

The Surviver
not very proffesional, but i am a newbsmile

Symmetric Chaos
Whats with the constant backslashes?

The Surviver
those //?

Symmetric Chaos
those //?

Yeah

The Surviver
i dont know... i am using my moms com, and she has a lot of weird antivirus programs. maybe it is connected. but they dont irritate mesmile

Soujaboy
http://marvel.com/company/index.htm

Marvel contact info.

What If...
lol1lollaughinglaughing

Awesome introduction!

hysterical

The Surviver
thankssmile

Devil Lance
thanks, digismile

this is one of my scriptssmile
characterinfo and such, i dont have yetsmile

Script for the story part 1
---------------------------
1985, New Jersey:
Hank Foreman, member of the local mafia, decides to stop and settle down for a normal life.
The reason is that his wife didn\'t knew what his work was, himself calling it \"anonymous business\",
but suddenly, while shopping, saw her man threatening another man in a backyard:
\"I will give you one more day. Big Al don\'t like to wait. He don\'t care if you dies, you owe him money,
and if they aren\'t paid by tomorrow...\", then he discovered his wife saw it.
Hank pushed the man away, and slowly walked towards his wife, who had now discovered his
\"anonymous business\". Promising her to give up the life as gangster, he called Big Al, the mafiaboss
of New Jersey. He said that he gave up his work, and wanted to start a normal life. Big Al took it lightly...
It seemed. The night following the day, it knocked on the door to Hank\'s house. Hank\'s wife opened,
and was shot without mercy. The men at the door was Big Al\'s men. Hank knew the identity of a lot of
the gangsters in the mafia, and Big Al wouldn\'t let him quit with it. Hank demanded his son to hide,
grabbed a bat, and tried to fight back against the gangsters. But he, too, was shot and killed. The men
leaved, only leaving one survivor... Hank\'s son, Charles.
1998, New Jersey:
Charles Foreman, the son of the murdered Hank Foreman and his wife, now lives as a bartender in the
same town his parents was murdered in. He lives with a traumatic fear for the local mafia, because of
the gruesome experience had as a child. Some gangsters from the local mafia drops by his bar
and becomes rude to some of the customers. Charles\'s wife, Alicia, which helps at the bar, begs the
gangsters to leave, but is mercylessly shot in the shoulder, close to the heart. Charles overcomes his
fear and turns it into poor rage. He takes a knife, but is shot six times by the gangsters before he collapses.
Thinking he is dead, the gangsters leaves the bar. At the hospital, Alicia survives. But there is doubt in
Charles\'s survival. Two shots in the left shoulder, two shots in the right shoulder, one in the stomach and
one in right leg. After a month a the hospital, Charles had recovered. His survival was miracolous. But he
survived with a thought: the terror of the local mafia must end. Not once, but TWO times, he had survived
their terror. And two times, they had hurted the ones he loved... And if the police couldn\'t do something
about it... He would do it himself. When he came home, he and Alicia had a little lovescene of being reunited.
He instantly started working. During his hospitalstay, he gained a dream, an ambition... He couldn\'t stop
the mafia by just breaking in. But to stop them, he had to kill Big Al, the mafiaboss. His wife wondered about his
ambitions. He started training athletic. And his motivation made his training incredible effective...
2000, New Jersey:
The mafia still rules New Jersey. Charles and his wife lives their old lifestyle, but this would change now.
Charles had trained athletic in two, motivated years, and was now an expert. Athletic was an important
part of his seemingly impossible, but to him, important plan. Since childhood, Charles had had an interest in
mechanics. Another part of his plan. He used his knowledge on mechanics to create semiadvanced, but highly
effective devices. Devices with similiar goals... To help him sneak unseen into the mafias headquarters, kill
Big Al, and thus bringing an end to the mafias reign. He lefts a message for his wife, and departs in requested latixsuit
during the night, fully equipped with a orginal set of metalclaws, an grapplinghook, smoke grenades, and his own
homemade combo glasses, which works as both nightvisionglasses and infraredvisionglasses. When Charles stands
before the enormous bulding, he remembers the pain of a bullet flying throguh his skin, hurtigh his inner organs... He is
about to lose the courage, but pulls himself together. Two nighttime bodyguards stands at the frontdoor. Charles\'s latex
bodysuit and dextertity makes him soundlessly move close to them from behind, and quickly drilling his metalclaws through
their neck, resulting in both of them dying a quick death. He taskes their bodys and hides them in some bushes. He opens
the frontdoor to the building, and tosses a smoke grenade inside. The cameras catches the smoke, and the gangsters which
watches the cameres rushed out to check. Killing one of them from behind with stealth, Charles takes the other and threatens
him. He would let him live if he told him where to find the cameraroom. The gangster pointed at a window, and Charles, in
desperation breaking his promise, nut hating it, kills the gangster with his claws. A wellaimed throw with his hookshot gains him
entrance to the now empty camerarooms window. He climbs the rope, breaks the window, and climbs in. \"Hey! What\'s happening!?\"
a voice screams, and tries to open the door to the room, which is locked. Going panic, Charles quickly destroys the camerasecurity
with his claws. Then, he trows a smoke grenade, and presses himself against a wall. The door is smashed in, and a fat gangster walks
inside the smokescreened rook, only to get stabbed in the back by Charles, thus killing him. Charles had an advantage: thanks to his glasses,
he could easily see through smoke screens. Now, Charles didn\'t had to hide from the cameras. Only to sneak up to the top of the building,
where Big Al\'s office was, without being seen. Easier said than done, it was a hard trip through the building, and required a bit kills from behind,
and a lot of cornersneeking. But he reached the office and, surprisingly, the door wasn\'t locked. On the other side of the room, Big Al sat in a
chair in front of a disk. A fat man with smoking.\"Congratulations. You\'re the first one to ever reach my office without being invited.
What can i call you, mister?\" Big Al says in a calm tone. \"Just call me... The Survivor\" Charles replied.

: no expression

don't give up you day job

The Surviver
Originally posted by Devil Lance
: no expression

don't give up you day job

what fo you mean by that?

Devil Lance
what fo you mean by that?
I mean don't give up your day job

meaning don't even try having writing comics as your profession or any other form of literature for that matter seeing how as of now you aren't very good at it judging on the script you posted wink

Artemis1860
Well, this is a comics forum, so it may be a good place to get my question answered...
I have written the script for a comic, and wanna know how i start my own company, or contact Marvel or DC?smile

Most companies will tell you the same.

You can't just write them and expect to be published or something. You have to go through what they call "conventional means." Which basically means that you have to go through the means of getting an agent and then they contact the company through those conventional means.

Last I checked, that's how things ran.

I write stories for books, video game scripts, and also have a comic book script I'm working on.

The Surviver
DEVIL LANCE PISSED ME OFF!
I, THE JUDGE, actually tried to make a good comic for ones, but now, back to Mufassa & Snoop Dogg!!!

The Surviver
digimark and soujaboy, thanks, man, at least you helpedsmile
now, i will try to get MUFASSa published, and there after snoop doggsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.