Clone Wars GG vs. Maul and Assaj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican
Obession Maul and TPM Maul, of course. No offensive force powers can be used. Straight up 'saber.

Darth Sexy
Maul alone wtfpwns Assaj

Blaxican
what? I said Maul AND Assaj VERSUS GG?

darthsith19
No, actually you said Maul and Maul vs. Grievous. stick out tongue I know what you meant, though, and I'm really not sure, I'd think Asajj and Maul could take him but Grievous did defeat Durge and Asajj 2 on 1, though that wasn't Obsession Asajj so I go with the duo.

jollyjim311
Maul and Asajj.

kamikz
Maul and Maul! stick out tongue

Count Makashi
I think Maul and Assaj win this one, after a long and very difficult fight.

Council#13
Originally posted by kamikz
Maul and Maul! stick out tongue

laughing out loud

jollyjim311
I think Maul has a good chance on his own, even in a purely saber match. Still, the problem with this match is that Greivous won't tire, and, Maul and Asajj would not have an easy time working together.

Despite that, Maul and Asajj beat him. Maul took on a newly energized Qui Gon, Mace's equal as of TPM, in 30 seconds flat. Maul is too much a powerhouse, and both he and Asajj are very well rounded in saber combat (strength, speed, skill etc.)

darthsith19
Remember though that Qui-Gon would have lasted longer if he'd had more room for his Ataru, but yeah, the duo win.

jollyjim311
Where does it say that?

It's not in the novel, and, it would seem silly that Qui Gon needed more room when Maul, seeming to use more acrobatics and using a larger weapon, didn't. Especially when you consider the fact that Qui Gon can fight fine with Obi Wan, who does take up some space.

kamikz
AND the fact that half of Maul's and Qui-Gon's fight took place on a very, very small kind of bridge (the one leading to their final dual).

darthsith19
Ataru takes more space to use that Juyo, Maul adapted to the small space by not using acrobatics. And the bridge elading to their final duel, when they were enclosed by walls, restricted Qui-Gon, too. And the room with the hole restricted his space to move around, too.

Although Qui-Gon was one of the best lightsaber masters in the Order, his mastery of Ataru combat style proved to be disadvantageous in the confined space of the reactor core.

That's from wookieepedia, I'm assuming it's right and also it says that Qui-Gon was exhausted, which is probably true.

jollyjim311
It doesn't seem logical to me, but, if it has more than Wikipedia backing it up, I'll believe it.

kamikz
Agreed.

I don't see how it was a small space, it should have been worse when he fought with Obi-Wan, and when they fought on the small ramp outside the core room. Inside it, it was still pretty big, they weren't THAT close to either the walls nor the hole really, I mean, Maul was flipping around like crazy in his fight with Obi-Wan, Obi even jumped a pretty high jump to.....

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who are Clone Wars GG? Second Maul and Ventress most likely win.

kamikz
I was almost 100% sure you would say "Legacy of the force Luke". stick out tongue

jollyjim311
General Greivous during the Clone Wars.

Allankles
Originally posted by kamikz
Agreed.

I don't see how it was a small space, it should have been worse when he fought with Obi-Wan, and when they fought on the small ramp outside the core room. Inside it, it was still pretty big, they weren't THAT close to either the walls nor the hole really, I mean, Maul was flipping around like crazy in his fight with Obi-Wan, Obi even jumped a pretty high jump to.....

It's well known that Ataru's weakness is confined spaces. Also, Qui Gon didn't benefit from the length the fight took.

kamikz
There is no special reason that Qui-Gon lost the fight, Maul was better, that much is clear, the novelisation says so, the film shows such, it is obvious. Even together with Obi-Wan he got his ass handed to him, and never did he actually do good against Maul except when Maul kicked Obi down, and left himself open so that Qui-Gon punched him, or whatever he did.

Anyway, if Maul has enough room to flip around like crazy, and Obi has enough to do a jump which is above someones head, then Qui-Gon should have enough space to do whatever he wants to do. I didn't see him utilize any different moves when he had more room, nor did the novelisation mention shit about it.

Count Makashi
Its obvious from the movies that Maul is better then Qui-Gon

vader11
I believe maul & asajj would win after a hard fight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.