How long has Civil war been going on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Everytime I go and pick up my usual DC stuff I still see Civil war going on.

Can anyone explain to me in a nut shell what the hell this is all about and whats been happening.

Any chance of comen to TPB?

Galan007
Civil War has gone on far too long now IMO.

It's just a wee-bit too much.

marvelprince
Civil War is this big crossover event from Marvel. Basically it involves the implementation of a superhero registration act which requires anyone with powers to register with the government and submit to proper training. This is all spinning out of a botched attempt by the New Warriors to apprehend some criminals during which time one of the criminals (Nitro) explodes taking hundreds of lives (mostly children) with him. People sentiment for superheroes turns an the government introduces the act. The heroes are torn as some see this a natural progression of the role of superhumans in society (Iron Man) while others see this as an infringement on their rights (Captain America). Civil War is essentially the tale of the conflict of both sides. Iron Man's side is partnered with the government and other pro registration heroes while Cap and those allied with him have moved underground and formed a resistance dedicated to fighting the act. As of now there's only one more issue left in the series. That one comes out on Wednesday. For more information check out the Civil War Report thread and for the actual issues check out the Civil War Scans thread

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Galan007
Civil War has gone on far too long now IMO.Too true.Originally posted by marvelprince
Basically it involves the implementation of a superhero registration act which requires anyone with powers to register with the government and submit to proper training. Isn't it more, as the name implies, anyone who intends to pursue superheroics (vigilante justice), be required to register with the government and submit to proper training?

Hercules
War is hell, they told us it would be over by christmas...they lied!

Marvel are really dragging Civil War out, I'm eager to see what happens but would have been more eager and less bored of it, if they had ended it on time.

Darth Vicious
it ends this week!

marvelprince
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Too true. Isn't it more, as the name implies, anyone who intends to pursue superheroics (vigilante justice), be required to register with the government and submit to proper training?

You would think that but following the events of some of the books its anyone with powers regardless of whether or not they intend to actively pursue heroics or not. In some books the answer seems to vary. In Frontline we see Firestar avoid the act by simply retiring but in other books we see that anyone with powers has to register and in a sense be eligible for a "draft". This explains why in some cases its refered to as the Superhuman registration act. I believe that was tackled in Cable and Deadpool

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/432932_1-civil-war-report

Direct your CW questions here. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.