Video Game Music (8 Bit)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Core
I'd just like some honest opinions on a couple of artists, both of which incorporate 8 bit video game music into their works.

8 Bit Weapon

Crystal Castles

(For the record, I'm more a fan of Crystal Castles, namely "Alice Practice"wink

Also, if anyone knows of any other bands along these lines, send them this way..

Alpha Centauri
Horse the Band use all kinds of Nintendo sounds, but I personally think they're shit.

-AC

Solo
I'm liking Crystal Castles, 8 Bit Weapon not too much. Thunderbirds Are Now! used to incorporate a lot of the Nintendo sounds and what not into their work. Namely their album "Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief."

EPIIIBITES
If I may...

This stuff's good. What's amazing about both these artists is simply how brave they are, and how they're taking an idea that can very easily sound like crap and managing to give it some musicality. A lot of talent there that could easily be dismissed at face value.

You probably know MSTRKRFT, but because I think they're one of the best bands to ever come out of Canada I gotta drop the reference

http://www.myspace.com/mstrkrft

Not exactly the same as 8-bit, but i think you'd like them. Thing is though, could't spend more than 20 or so minutes listening to these groups or I'd go batty! wacko

The Core
I was never a fan of Horse, myself. Crystal Castles I dig because it's like a "poppy" ATR w/ Hanin Elias before she went flat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.