Ipod Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dj88
Ok so for Christmas 05' I received a iPod. I downloaded hundreds of songs onto it on our family computer.

About 2 months ago it broke and I bought a new one and just re-downloaded everything onto my new one.

Now here's my problem, my new iPod needs to charge, but we got rid of our old family computer and everyone got their own laptop. So, in other words, all my files are gone and I don't want everything to be eased on my iPod cause I have like 500 songs on their that I wouldn't be able to get back.

So I was wondering if there was anyway I could charge my iPod in my computer without it erasing all my songs. Please let me know.

AOR
Originally posted by Dj88
Ok so for Christmas 05' I received a iPod. I downloaded hundreds of songs onto it on our family computer.

About 2 months ago it broke and I bought a new one and just re-downloaded everything onto my new one.

Now here's my problem, my new iPod needs to charge, but we got rid of our old family computer and everyone got their own laptop. So, in other words, all my files are gone and I don't want everything to be eased on my iPod cause I have like 500 songs on their that I wouldn't be able to get back.

So I was wondering if there was anyway I could charge my iPod in my computer without it erasing all my songs. Please let me know.

yeah. When it says "would you like to format you ipod?" say no, and let it charge.

13 thread close please

Dj88
*feels stupid* Thanks so much! You're a savior!

Do I do the same thing if I want to download new music on my new laptop and keep my old files?

AOR

Do I do the same thing if I want to download new music on my new laptop and keep my old files?

No, that will require some tampering. There's a million different things you can do, that dances around the saving of music.

Kongu Dude
The name is iPod. 313

The i is small. smart

Bloigen
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
The name is iPod. 313

The i is small. smart

herbnone

Lana

You'd need to take the music from your iPod and put it onto your computer and enter it into your iTunes library to keep it from being overwritten when you want to update it.

Files on your iPod are hidden (I believe, they always have been with mine), so you'll have to make sure to set the folder to view hidden files. Then just copy and paste all the folders with music files onto your harddrive, and add the directory you save them all to into your iTunes library.

I've had to do this a couple of times, and sometimes a song title will get scrambled, but it works fine.

Puzzle
Personally I use EphPod to copy songs from my iPod to my computer without getting everything all scrambled. It's a nice way to steal music from friends iPods too. stick out tongue

LinixCobra
I use this one and its by far the best one out there. Its called Anapod Explorer. I recommend you purchase this.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

Entity
I just got an iPod nano yesterday and when I tried to put my mp3s on it all the ones I've riped from my own CD collection went fine. I was able to get my limewire stuff to show all come up playable on iTunes too but, I can't figure out how to import them to my iPod.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong or just not doing?

Puzzle
Originally posted by Entity
I just got an iPod nano yesterday and when I tried to put my mp3s on it all the ones I've riped from my own CD collection went fine. I was able to get my limewire stuff to show all come up playable on iTunes too but, I can't figure out how to import them to my iPod.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong or just not doing?

Add the folder containing the songs from LimeWire to your iTunes Library then sync the iPod.

Better yet, organize your Music folder(s) and take the songs from your LimeWire folder and put them into a proper music folder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.