Allan Heinburg Sucks! : Wonder Woman Delayed "Indefinitely"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
DC ANNOUNCES CONTENT CHANGE FOR WONDER WOMAN #5
Press Release

WONDER WOMAN #5 (JAN070319), which was previously slated to feature the final chapter of the 5-part story "Who Is Wonder Woman," will feature a new story when it arrives in stores on March 14.

This new story is by Will Pfeifer (CATWOMAN, AMAZONS ATTACK), with art by Jean Diaz, Geraldo Borges and Wellington Diaz and a cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson. In it, Wonder Woman learns that a new women's movement has begun, inspired by her killing of Max Lord - and leaving Diana torn between the good intentions of the movement and the validation it gives her violent act. Worse yet, she's ordered to investigate a possible connection between Wonder Woman and this movement by Sarge Steel and the department of Metahuman Affairs!

Chapter five of "Who Is Wonder Woman" will be rescheduled at a future date.

Retailers may adjust orders on WONDER WOMAN #5 (JAN070319) now through its final order cutoff date of Thursday, February 22.

Also, orders for the WONDER WOMAN: WHO IS WONDER WOMAN? HC (FEB070299) have been cancelled. This title will be resolicited at a future date.

Newsarama Note: Wonder Woman #1 hit stores on June 7th of 2006; #2 on August 23rd, 2006; #3 on November 22nd, 2206; and #4 is due in stores on February 21st.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=101741

This is unforgivable! Heinburg won't even finish the damn arc!

mad

Validus
lawl

Draco69
I seriously hope the bastard never writes comics again.

I pity the Young Avengers...

xmarksthespot
He probably gets paid a lot more to write for Grey's Anatomy anyway.

All TV writers who do comics tend to end up with delays. See Joss Whedon. Lucky for him his comic is generally worth the wait.

Draco69
Joss Whedon has forgivable delays. At the most a couple of months. And his comics are always GOLD.

Heinburg? He released three comics in the space of a YEAR....

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Draco69
Joss Whedon has forgivable delays. At the most a couple of months. And his comics are always GOLD.

Heinburg? He released three comics in the space of a YEAR.... There's only been one issue of Authority v4 released since Mid-Oct last year and it didn't actually feature any member of the Authority. I win. happy

marvelprince
Ridiculous. I love Young Avengers but I doubt I'll see them for the next couple of years.

Don't even get me started on Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine

Accel
I thought her series already ended. It's been how long since the last issue?

WrathfulDwarf
Pfeifer is an idiot. Nuff said...

I'm just waiting for Picoult's work to be relase before reading any thing new on WW.

Draco69
Originally posted by Accel

November 2006....

Validus
Looks like DC was real dedicated to making WW an important part of the trinity. LOL AM I RITE?!?!?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Pfeifer is an idiot. Nuff said...

I'm just waiting for Picoult's work to be relase before reading any thing new on WW.

Whats wrong with Will Pifer

King_Mungi
What has happened to All-Star Batman & Robin?, Wonder Woman was suppose to make her apperance in the next issue...coincidence? I think not. (I think it's coming out in May or something now)

Also disapointed with the Wonder Woman delay, I was enjoying the new series especially Hercules. Delays kill books

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Whats wrong with Will Pifer

His work on Legends of the Dark Knight and Catwoman have been rather sucky....maybe he shouldn't work on Batman books...period.

Draco69
DRACO SMASH PUNY WRITER!!!

GREY'S ANATOMY NOT THAT GOOD!!!

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES BETTER!!!!

batdude123

SCRUBS EVEN BETTER!!!!

Draco69
Originally posted by batdude123
SCRUBS EVEN BETTER!!!!

BAH!!

SCRUBS HUMOR SHALLOW!!!

SCRUBS HAVE SECOND RATE ACTORS!!!

ARRRRGH!!!

batdude123
BAH!!

SCRUBS HUMOR SHALLOW!!!

SCRUBS HAVE SECOND RATE ACTORS!!!

ARRRRGH!!!

HULK SMASH DRACO'S ARBITRARY REASONINGS!!!!

HULK DISCOMBOBULATED HE KNOWS THE MEANING OF ARBITRARY!!!!!

WHAT DOES DISCOMBOBULATED MEAN!!??

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGH!!!!!!

Draco69
Originally posted by batdude123
HULK SMASH DRACO'S ARBITRARY REASONINGS!!!!

HULK DISCOMBOBULATED HE KNOWS THE MEANING OF ARBITRARY!!!!!

WHAT DOES DISCOMBOBULATED MEAN!!??

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGH!!!!!!

BAH!!!!

SCRUBS OVERRATED!!!!

ONLY HIPPIES WATCH SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

batdude123
BAH!!!!

SCRUBS OVERRATED!!!!

ONLY HIPPIES WATCH SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

SCRUBS GREAT!!!!

MUCH BETTER THAN WATCHING MIDDLE AGED JEZEBELS WALK AROUND LIKE TWENTY YEAR OLDS!!!! (besides Eva Longoria of course)

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES BAD!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

NiņoAraņa
no expression

roughrider

Personally, I like Gilmore Girls. big grin

Who's the worst offender for delays these days - Marvel or DC?

Black Adam
Originally posted by roughrider
Personally, I like Gilmore Girls. big grin

Who's the worst offender for delays these days - Marvel or DC?

Marvel still holds the championship.

Martian_mind
Ultimate Hulk Vs Ultimate Wolverine.......

Though All-Star Batman deserves a mention.

SPOOOOOON!!!

Validus
Scrubs > Wonder Woman

Grimm22
Bah! House destroys both Gregs Annatomy (aka the worst show on television) and Scrubs mad

And in terms of delays yeah its bullcrap. I mean Geoff Johns was the freakin' producer of the Blade tv series and he still managed to write about 5 books a month! (I miss that show sad )

Validus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Bah! House destroys both Gregs Annatomy (aka the worst show on television) and Scrubs mad

And in terms of delays yeah its bullcrap. I mean Geoff Johns was the freakin' producer of the Blade tv series and he still managed to write about 5 books a month! (I miss that show sad )
The only book Johns delivered on time was Action Comics/Superman and that was because he had Kurt Busiek writing and plotting half the book. Green Lantern and Teen Titans have been 2-4 weeks late every issue. Only reason nobody bitches is because the books are excellent.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
The only book Johns delivered on time was Action Comics/Superman and that was because he had Kurt Busiek writing and plotting half the book. Green Lantern and Teen Titans have been 2-4 weeks late every issue. Only reason nobody bitches is because the books are excellent.

Speaking of late books getting away because of their awesomeness whens the next Ultimates out ?

Black Adam

I think thats more of the artist fault though. Same deal with Millar

Validus
Originally posted by Black Adam
I think thats more of the artist fault though. Same deal with Millar
I always imagine it to be a little of both.

Grimm22

Yeah, but his books were never delayed for more than a month or two

I mean with Wonder Woman, the first issue came out in June and we are just getting issue 4 no expression

Of course don't even get me started on All-Star Batman and Robin, I mean for christ's sake Jim Lee, you draw two comics and you are the head of Wildstorm (which basicly means he is Diddo's b**ch) and you are helping make some crappy MMO for Sony, how can you not ONE freakin issue out in a YEAR!

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22

Agreed. Gregg House is a beast.

roughrider
I found this in another forum. A former DC editor talking about experiences with Power Girl and the Birds Of Prey, and the discussion spilled over into Wonder Woman:

"I agree that WW is deservedly one of DC's top three.

Apparently, DC Comics doesn't agree, or else, we'd be hearing about All-Star Wonder Woman written by Warren Ellis and pencilled by Adam Kubert, but we ain't, 'cause it doesn't exist.

If Rucka wasn't writing the character now, I'd say the company was totally disrespecting WW.

Oh, and the reason they keep publishing WW is because, from what I understand, the rights to the character would revert to the Marston empire if they stopped for a series of months, and Levitz would die if Wonder Woman started getting published by Marvel Comics.

Unfortunately, DC basically treats WW like a character they HAVE to publish, not one they're proud to."

Validus
How old was that post? Looks outdated judging by that info.

roughrider
How old was that post? Looks outdated judging by that info.

Could be a year or so. Anyway, it deifnes what he belives is an ongoing situation with DC and WW, and is probably still current today.

Donkey Punch

To be fair to him though he is writing 183 books at the same time, its not hard to see why he's a little late. big grin

Millar, Miller, Heinberg and Morisson on the other hand are writing less than 3 books each.

No excuses IMO !

Validus
Morrison is writing Batman, All Star Superman, 52, The Authority and Wildcats.

Originally posted by roughrider
Could be a year or so. Anyway, it deifnes what he belives is an ongoing situation with DC and WW, and is probably still current today.
I've heard the stipulation about DC having to publish WW or risk losing the rights doesn't apply anymore. I could be mistaken though.

Donkey Punch
Morrison is writing Batman, All Star Superman, 52, The Authority and Wildcats.

Those other titles seem to come out about once maybe twice a year at the most. wink

Seriously though the quality that Morison consistently produces makes him slightly forgivable but he's made some bad choices of what books he's writing recently. i mean for the LOVE of God, Morison + Jim Lee equals a story arc every other century.

Validus
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Those other titles seem to come out about once maybe twice a year at the most. wink

Seriously though the quality that Morison consistently produces makes him slightly forgivable but he's made some bad choices of what books he's writing recently. i mean for the LOVE of God, Morison + Jim Lee equals a story arc every other century.
Morrison has gone on the record stating his unhappiness about Jim Lee and his late artwork. He's pretty pissed about the current situation at Wildstorm.

Donkey Punch

I've heard the stipulation about DC having to publish WW or risk losing the rights doesn't apply anymore. I could be mistaken though.

Although shes part of the 'Trinity' i wouldn't miss her that much. D.C. have plenty other interesting Female characters who could hold down their own ongoings potentially. IMO they should try and go about making Vixen the new Wonder Woman. (Fears a Kmc backlash). I mean when has the book really ever been more than mediocre. Id read a Atom, Firestorm, Captain Marvel, Jonn Jonnz, Manhunter book over Wonder Woman any day of the week.

Donkey Punch
Morrison has gone on the record stating his unhappiness about Jim Lee and his late artwork. He's pretty pissed about the current situation at Wildstorm.

I was told by the guy at my comic book shop that D.C. are very close to abandoning both All star Batman and Wildcats. Its a shame, but id love to see Miller and Morison on other books any way.

Validus
IMO they should try and go about making Vixen the new Wonder Woman.
Yeesh.

Rucka's extended run on WW was far from mediocre though.

Validus
I was told by the guy at my comic book shop that D.C. are very close to abandoning both All star Batman and Wildcats. Its a shame, but id love to see Miller and Morison on other books any way.
I've heard Jim Lee dropped off Wildcats anyway so it should get back on track. Morrison has already written the scripts.

Donkey Punch
Yeesh.

Rucka's extended run on WW was far from mediocre though.

I disagree Immensely, and what the problem with making Vixen the next Wonder Woman.

And sorry to keep asking but you obviously know you're stuff, is there any chance you could give you're two cents worth on the 'Help Me' thread. big grin

Donkey Punch
I've heard Jim Lee dropped off Wildcats anyway so it should get back on track. Morrison has already written the scripts.

Cool, I think the direction that Morisson has stated he is taking the Wildcats seems very interesting. big grin

Validus
Vixen is basically Animal Man if Animal Man was boring. I doubt she could support a solo series for longer than a year at best. For all the negativity WW gets, her book does well as far as numbers go.

Donkey Punch
Vixen is basically Animal Man if Animal Man was boring. I doubt she could support a solo series for longer than a year at best. For all the negativity WW gets, her book does well as far as numbers go.

Yeah I'm sure it does as she appeals immensely to a certain type of market, that don't have sex in the conventional means or with typical gender type. big grin

With a bit of Marketing I'm sure they could get Vixen to have the same appeal. Look what Marvel has recently done for Iron man , Captain America and Sentry. I'm sure none of these books sells as well as Wonder Woman's, but eventually they might. Although she's boring at the moment, with a bit of T.L.C. she could be as interesting as Animal Man. She's also has added bonus of been able to attract the hippie types, who are into Animal activism. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.