SPOILERS! Funny story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IheartPocky
I found this on ohjohnny.net..and its weird lol.. :

"Found by Karen of Johnny Depp Reads - found at Jim Hill
At World's End" promises to be the biggest & boldest installment of Disney's "Pirates" series yet
Jim Hill shares what he knows about the storyline of this upcoming Gore Verbinski film. WARNING ! There be spoilers ahead
So last week, I'm wandering around the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, trying to scope out all of the cool Disney-related stuff that's on display at the American International Toy Fair (Take -- for example -- these truly beautiful "Pirates of the Caribbean" sculptures that National Entertainment Collectibles Association will begin selling later this Spring) ...

... When he-who-can-not-be-named (Out of concern that Disney's lawyers will then find him & smite him) lurches up to me and says "Oh my God! It's huge!"

To which I reply: "Yes, I know. That's why Dr. Siroty is putting me a diet next week. No more cheesecake. No more pizza. It's all very depressing ... "
He-who-can-not-be-named interrupts, saying "No. Not you, dumb-ass. 'Pirates 3' ! Disney's pulled out the stops on this one. They've gone completely over-the-top with 'At World's End.' People are going to freak when they see this film. There's epic sea battles, killer special effects ... "

Now it's my turn to interrupt: "What about the story? Do they bring the trilogy to a satisfying conclusion?"

He-who-can-not-be-named then smiles and says "It's a really great story? Do you want to hear it?" And right there in the middle of Aisle 3700 on the lower level of the Javits center, my pal spills what he knows about "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

And he's right. It really is a fitting conclusion to Disney's "Pirates" trilogy. And if you want to go to your local multiplex in little more than three months time and see "At World's End" unspoiled ... Now is the time to bail out of this particular JHM article. For I'm about to reveal the bulk of the plot for this new Gore Verbinksi film

I'm not kidding, folks. If you continue reading this article, you won't be surprised by much of what you see when "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" opens at a theater near you on May 25th.

Okay. You can't say that I didn't warn you:

In the third installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, Will, Elizabeth and Capt'n Jack Sparrow are once again thrown together for a showdown between the fiercely independent Pirate Lords from around the world and the all powerful East India Trading Company led by the mysterious & cunning Lord Cutler Beckett. With possession of Davey Jones's chest, Beckett is now able to use Jones and his ship the Flying Dutchman to further his plans of ridding the open seas of all Pirates. In response to this growing threat, the Pirate Lords call for a secret meeting at Shipwreck Cove.

Newly returned from the other side, Capt'n Barbossa agrees to help Will and Elizabeth rescue Jack who is now trapped in a very strange afterworld known as Davey Jones's Locker. This unlikely trio makes their way to the exotic Far East where they meet Captain Sao Feng, the Pirate Lord of Singapore, and retrieve a special map that will then show them the way to Davey Jones's Locker.

Their course ultimately leads them to the edge of the world where their ship sails over a giant waterfall and comes crashing down through the darkness and literally into another dimension. There, Will, Elizabeth and Barbossa meet a somewhat bewildered Jack Sparrow still on board his beloved ship the Black Pearl, which is now stranded in the middle of a vast desert. Using reverse logic, Jack figures out a way to sail the Black Pearl back to the world of the living, where they are immediately set upon by Beckett and Davey Jones.

After a series of plot twists and turns, Jack, Barbossa, Will and Elizabeth ultimately end up at Shipwreck Cove for the meeting of the Pirate Lords. During this meeting, the Pirate Lords agree to fight together against the approaching armada of ships led by Beckett and Davey Jones. The story's thrilling conclusion unfolds in a huge sea battle between the massive fleet of the East India Trading Company and the Pirate Lords led by Jack, Will and Elizabeth, who while outnumbered and outgunned, possess a secret weapon so powerful yet so unpredictable that both sides may be lost in this final confrontation for ultimate control of the open seas.

Mind you, this is just the bare bones version of "At World's End" 's plot, folks. As always, Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio have served up some truly memorable dialogue (EX: There's one high speed exchange between Capt'n Jack and two floozies on the waterfont that really has to be seen to be believed). Plus stunts that try & top everything that you've already seen in "The Curse of the Black Pearl" & "Dead Man's Chest" (I.E. Sparrow actually uses a cannon to blast himself from one ship to the next. Saying to his cohort as he lights the fuse, "It's a good thing that I'm mad. Because otherwise this plan would never work"wink.
Plus epic swordfights high up in the rigging as full-sized ships spin around the edge of this impossible huge whirlpool ... As he-who-can-not-be-named put it:

"You can't say that Disney & Jerry Bruckheimer stinted on this one. They wanted 'At World's End' to be the blockbuster that tops all of the other blockbusters this summer and that's what they got. A movie that you have to see at least twice in order to take in all of the special effects and the great performances."

That description makes 'At World's End' sound like a hell of a film, don't you think? And NECA's sculpts of the characters from this final installment of the "Pirates" trilogy are pretty cool too.

So now that you know the basic shape of the plot of this Walt Disney Pictures release, are you less likely or more likely to go see "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" ? Your thoughts? "

Two floozies!! Giselle and Scarlett? haha

meganjo63
do you know anything about the love triangle? any details?

Chiki Mina
(EX: There's one high speed exchange between Capt'n Jack and two floozies on the waterfont that really has to be seen to be believed).

LOL That's a great sign to me. What do you expect from Jack Sparrow. He is a womanizer, you know. But this person says "...really has to be seen to be believed."

I love it. I think it means something that Jack, a womanizer, wouldn't expect to do. Rejection to the poor floozies lol.

katelovespirate
okay, interesting... the canon part, i think people sort of expected that after all JDs hints on the commentary and such, lol. floozies on the waterfront, boo. no more floozies. lol. secret weapon, clearly thats calypso. blockbuster to top all blockbuster? doesnt sound like a nice wedding ending to me. smile

Ericadawn
But no mention of Norrington

(sighs)

Or his sword...

lovethemtigers
two floozies on a dock....here it to believe it...I agree with Mina...it must mean rejection....and that must be that pic we see of Jack with his arms around the two floozies...he's probably explaining to them why he can no longer "accompany" them as he use to....a while back someone said they witnessed a scene of Jack and Gibbs toasting with the two floozies...remember that....Interesting.

And I agree with Kate....if it's a blockbuster to top all other blockbusters..then it can't be ending with a sad/happy little wedding between Liz and Wil....

ludagurl3d
The story's thrilling conclusion unfolds in a huge sea battle between the massive fleet of the East India Trading Company and the Pirate Lords led by Jack, Will and Elizabeth

~~~~

that doesn't make sense. Will is not a pirate lord as to my knowledge.

Chiki Mina
Teague is the pirate Lord.

siriuswriter
"It's a good thing that I'm mad. Because otherwise this would never work...." Perfect Jackiness.

Mistypirate
hehe smile

Captain's Wench
Originally posted by katelovespirate
blockbuster to top all blockbuster? doesnt sound like a nice wedding ending to me. smile

We also have to think...it's a Disney movie lol. Just remember that tiny detail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.