batman gadgets vs iron man gadgets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
who has better gadgets?

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
who has better gadgets?

im

Soljer
Thanagar. Apokalypse. Krypton.

Nuff said.

xmeat
Originally posted by Soljer
Thanagar. Apokalypse. Krypton.

Nuff said. confused this is batman and IM

Soljer
confused this is batman and IM

And apparently you don't read much Batman.

But, then again, I don't think you've ever even SEEN a comic, much less read one, so that's no surprise.

xmeat
And apparently you don't read much Batman.

But, then again, I don't think you've ever even SEEN a comic, much less read one, so that's no surprise. idiot you dont know shit i read more comics than you know please answer the question and stop spamming you hypocrite.

Soljer
idiot you dont know shit i read more comics than you know please answer the question and stop spamming you hypocrite.

laughing

I already did.

xmeat
laughing

I already did. you named three dc planets all which have nothing to do with debate.

Soljer
you named three dc planets all which have nothing to do with debate.

Again, obviously you don't read much Batman if you think the three planets don't pertain to the debate.

xmeat
Again, obviously you don't read much Batman if you think the three planets don't pertain to the debate. what batman has gadgets that come from each of those worlds or something?

StarsNeverFall7
He means that Batman deals with people from those areas and has the ability to put them all down. He'll Batman could easily take out the entire JLA if he wanted to, just on gadgets alone.

Iron Man has his suit..

Bats has him beat on all accounts..

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
He means that Batman deals with people from those areas and has the ability to put them all down. He'll Batman could easily take out the entire JLA if he wanted to, just on gadgets alone.

Iron Man has his suit..

Bats has him beat on all accounts..

Actually, I believe he meant that Batman actually HAS Kryptonian, Thanagarian technology, etc.

Bats wins.

Mindship
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Actually, I believe he meant that Batman actually HAS Kryptonian, Thanagarian technology, etc.
That was my impression: that Batman has incorporated some of these types of tech into his Bat-arsenal. Though if that is the case, you'd think Batman would be a helluva lot more formidable in his baseline form (just costume with utility belt).

On the other hand, doesn't Iron Man have access to things like Asgardian tech/enchantments, which he has incorporated into his armor (eg, Thorbuster)?

If this is so, then it's a matter of who has the most powerful tech upgrades.

IMO, that's who wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Bats wins.

Exactly.

Also, the only asgardian tech that Iron Man ever possessed got shredded by a pissed off Thor. He doesn't still possess it.

xmeat
Exactly.

Also, the only asgardian tech that Iron Man ever possessed got shredded by a pissed off Thor. He doesn't still possess it. oh i never knew thats what you meant.

Superherovandal
Yeah he has an Krypton gadget that actually produces compressed quantum strings and can manipulate DNA and heal people completely.

Space M ummy
Exactly.

Also, the only asgardian tech that Iron Man ever possessed got shredded by a pissed off Thor. He doesn't still possess it.

To be fair, a pissed off Thor would shred just about anyone including Batman, regardless of what gadgets he has.

Think about the approaches both characters use: Tony designs custom suits to take down the Hulk/Thor/Magneto etc in case they ever go rogue.

Batman relies on kryptonite to stop superman in case the same thing happens.

Batman has the oddball gadget from Krypton, what have you but in general, Tony creates more complex tech than batman does, and is used to taking down more difficult opponents on the strength of his tech alone.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I love Batman but Tony has better gadgets.

Soljer
Originally posted by Space M ummy
To be fair, a pissed off Thor would shred just about anyone including Batman, regardless of what gadgets he has.

Think about the approaches both characters use: Tony designs custom suits to take down the Hulk/Thor/Magneto etc in case they ever go rogue.

Batman relies on kryptonite to stop superman in case the same thing happens.

Batman has the oddball gadget from Krypton, what have you but in general, Tony creates more complex tech than batman does, and is used to taking down more difficult opponents on the strength of his tech alone. I wasn't saying "Tony's creations suck because Thor ripped through it!" I was simply stating that Thor ripped through it, so that particular creation no longer existed.

As far as your argument in the second half goes, you're basically missing the point.

Let's say that I bought out MI6. I got all the James Bond stuff(yeah, I'm rich). I got invisible cars, laser watches, jet packs hidden in tux jackets, and even a pair of pants that shoot a rocket out the ass if I fart the wrong way.

You build a rubber band gun.

Now, is your gadget somehow better than mine just because it was personally manufactured rather than bought/received/stolen/whatever?

Nope.

As far as quality goes, method of procurement is irrelevant.

Space M ummy
I wasn't saying "Tony's creations suck because Thor ripped through it!" I was simply stating that Thor ripped through it, so that particular creation no longer existed.

As far as your argument in the second half goes, you're basically missing the point.

Let's say that I bought out MI6. I got all the James Bond stuff(yeah, I'm rich). I got invisible cars, laser watches, jet packs hidden in tux jackets, and even a pair of pants that shoot a rocket out the ass if I fart the wrong way.

You build a rubber band gun.

Now, is your gadget somehow better than mine just because it was personally manufactured rather than bought/received/stolen/whatever?

Nope.

As far as quality goes, method of procurement is irrelevant.

yes, THAT particular suit no longer exists, but there are numerous other suits of similar strength literally laying around to be used whenever Tony decides to break it out of storage.

The original Hulkbuster from a decade ago was in the 175+ Ton range, and is still very much in one piece, for example.

Your MI:6 analogy isn't valid. The pinnacle of Batman's tech is one or two special items (phantom zone projector, etc) gained from outside sources. He can't create more, and his supply is limited, and he's unable to modify them at will. What if he needed a projector that could hit a target from space? Or one moving at super speeds? He's out of luck.

Iron man, on the other hand has whipped up numerous advanced suits from scratch and has a VERY thorough understanding of every gadget in his arsenal. He's even modified existing suits to be controlled remotely, or to operate better in space, in deep sea conditions, etc.

In terms of complexity, versatility, and overall VOLUME of existing tech, Iron man has every advantage over batman. There's no comparison here.

Redatom65
keeping in mind Batman put a beating on Darkseid for a short while with his gadgets.....He got his @$$ handed to him within 5. But come on. That was so Far out!

Soljer
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Iron man, on the other hand has whipped up numerous advanced suits from scratch and has a VERY thorough understanding of every gadget in his arsenal. He's even modified existing suits to be controlled remotely, or to operate better in space, in deep sea conditions, etc.

In terms of complexity, versatility, and overall VOLUME of existing tech, Iron man has every advantage over batman. There's no comparison here.

Okay, so you have four hundred rubber band guns that you made from scratch and can modify to fire more rubber bands, or to reload faster, or whatever you please.

And, though I don't know how it works, or how to modify it, I can still shoot a fugging rocket out of my ass.

Which gadget is superior?

Symmetric Chaos
Okay, so you have four hundred rubber band guns that you made from scratch and can modify to fire more rubber bands, or to reload faster, or whatever you please.

And, though I don't know how it works, or how to modify it, I can still shoot a fugging rocket out of my ass.

Which gadget is superior?

The one that doesn't cause massive rectal bleeding stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The one that doesn't cause massive rectal bleeding stick out tongue

I was thinking of how to phrase the punch line properly, but you got there first. Props. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.