Dan Slott (Does he have a mad on for She-hulk)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
i just want to gear your thoughts on this writer because persoanlly i think he has a mad on for every character he touches, but most importnatly She-Hulk.

For her he messes with the space and time literally. it seems he makes every character around she-hulk act inferior and dumb, appionting she hulk ****ing judge of some space tribunal shit on LT's behalf (the thought of that alone)

allowing she-hulk to train only for three months then come back with superior boxing abilities than Champion, lest say she was stronger the champion to outbox him is pis/cis.

she-hulk beating on abomination like a *****, seriousl 'o was trained by captain america' when was this, taought how to throw a guy is not superior fighing and when did gamora train she-hulk lay the smack on someone using martial arts the way she did i thought she was learning boxing.

theres more like dan slott creating thanos to have she hulk beat him down then say 'i'ms a clone' deosn't matter if he said it before or after thats was its purpose because marvel would'nt let the real guy go down like that (and he was busy ith AW). Dan slott making she hulk **** everyman she sees.

maybe its because it supposed to be a funny book. its common that for some reason funny books mess with character consistantcy or coninuty just look at the recent defenders mini and look a silver surfer but the book wasn't a wankfest.

maybe i just have she-hulk hate but i doubt that because i like the character and have no problems with her in other books.

King_Mungi
Nope, he hates She Hulk

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=103025

*cough*

HigH ScholaR
he'a an acytual mod on a forum......that i didn't know he got all those peol liicking his ass, no wonder he writes that shit they encourage him.

King_Mungi
Basically every single thread is about She Hulk on that forum.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Basically every single thread is about She Hulk on that forum.

Well yeah. It's the only regular book he has out at the moment.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Black Adam
Well yeah. It's the only regular book he has out at the moment.

Well I usually go to the board mostly stay in Oeming's section and even when Thing was out, She Hulk was always the main discussion. Civil War: The Initiative better generate some debate.

All the other forums on that board, don't focus on just one title.

DigiMark007
WTF is that website Mungi? Do that many writers really frequent it?

Jesus, what have I been doing on KMC all this time?!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually, thank god....we'd probably boot anyone but Stan himself off of KMC so fast with angry spam they'd never come back.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by DigiMark007
WTF is that website Mungi? Do that many writers really frequent it?

Jesus, what have I been doing on KMC all this time?!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually, thank god....we'd probably boot anyone but Stan himself off of KMC so fast with angry spam they'd never come back.

It's actually Bendis board, where all his "friends" have their own forums. I have actually have joked around with Oeming a few times, and yelled at Bendis cool Also I have had discussions from various other people who work at Marvel as well.

Oeming is really a cool guy. Slott's nice, I talked to him on a different board (Superherohype forum).

DigiMark007
Christ. Seems, I dunno, cool....

...for a day or so. Maybe I'll lurk around once or twice, long enough to convince myself that it isn't as glamorous as I'm making it to be.

King_Mungi
Christ. Seems, I dunno, cool....

...for a day or so. Maybe I'll lurk around once or twice, long enough to convince myself that it isn't as glamorous as I'm making it to be.

Depends on what area you go to, Bendis is the most active followed by Mike Oemings. Beware there are a lot of writer fanboys, but Mike's is actually pretty cool and very supportive of it's members. When my dog died I made a thread about it and got many positive responses and they shared their experiences, even Mike commented.

At Alphawaves I have conversions with Scott Kolins, Mike Oeming a member named Loki who actually works on the hanbooks and were in talks about changing some of AF character stats. Mungi has connections smile I actually want to change my name though

DigiMark007
Blah, handbooks.

But yeah, connections are cool. I just can't be bothered to waste more time on the internet with comic-related stuff, even if it means an ear to the actual men of the industry.

And I'd go ape-sh*t with handbook corrections, so I really wouldn't even want to talk to that guy...I'd scare him off.

King_Mungi
Blah, handbooks.

But yeah, connections are cool. I just can't be bothered to waste more time on the internet with comic-related stuff, even if it means an ear to the actual men of the industry.

And I'd go ape-sh*t with handbook corrections, so I really wouldn't even want to talk to that guy...I'd scare him off.

I hear you, shortly I'm going to be gone for an extended amount of time due to school and such.

Yeah he told me to send various emails to a "special" email address and he would back me up. I remained pretty civil and he was actually impressed with the respect threads, even asked who I was going to make next cool

I really need to think of a new name and change it from King_Mungi

DigiMark007
I hear you, shortly I'm going to be gone for an extended amount of time due to school and such.

Yeah he told me to send various emails to a "special" email address and he would back me up. I remained pretty civil and he was actually impressed with the respect threads, even asked who I was going to make next cool

Pretty cool. thumb up

And man, I need to find out who writes the Authority currently or something and show them the respect thread...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

...after I update the thread, that is (I'm currently compiling everything...but it takes time, as I'm sure you know).

jk, of course (about showing it to him, not the update part, which is actually happening), but that's really sweet that you're affecting real comic-stuff. I'm envious.

stick out tongue

Black Adam

Mungi the King?
jr Mungi ?
Mungi senoir?
Captain Canada?.......

snuffles?

King_Mungi
Snuffles it is :P

DigiMark007
Hmm. I just found a great deal on some Tick comics and I have a website where I can go bug Bendis (or someone else).

It's been a good day.

smile

Sorry to take this off topic though. Back to Slott....

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Well I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance so obviously Jesus loves me more.

Also Bendis took getting yelled at by Alpha Flight fanboys pretty well.

Grimm22
She-Hulk has always been one of those meh books for me erm

Pretty much the only reason I pick it up is so that Dan Slott will keep writing comics stick out tongue

Seriously, The Thing was a fantastic book and yet it still didn't sell, but She-Hulk does?

Its pretty ironic though, Slott knew he could save the book if he let Marvel make a Civil War crossover out of it and yet he choose to stay true to his cause of making a comic that didn't depend on crossovers or shocks or surprises. Its sad to see that in today's comic market you need the death of a C-Level character for a book to succeed

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22
Its pretty ironic though, Slott knew he could save the book if he let Marvel make a Civil War crossover out of it and yet he choose to stay true to his cause of making a comic that didn't depend on crossovers or shocks or surprises.

Errr...are you sure? I thought it did have a cross-over.

DigiMark007
Yeah, it definitely is.

Grimm22
Errr...are you sure? I thought it did have a cross-over.

Nope, you're thinking of She-Hulk.

Thing never had a crossover issue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22
Nope, you're thinking of She-Hulk.

Thing never had a crossover issue

Yeah I thought you were talking about She Hulk.

DigiMark007
Oh. Me too.

embarrasment

Grimm22
Hey give me some credit ok stick out tongue

I'm on some crappy keyboard in a hotel room, its kind of hard to post when i'm on vacation big grin

long pig
Depends on what area you go to, Bendis is the most active followed by Mike Oemings. Beware there are a lot of writer fanboys, but Mike's is actually pretty cool and very supportive of it's members. When my dog died I made a thread about it and got many positive responses and they shared their experiences, even Mike commented.

At Alphawaves I have conversions with Scott Kolins, Mike Oeming a member named Loki who actually works on the hanbooks and were in talks about changing some of AF character stats. Mungi has connections smile I actually want to change my name though
Writer fanboys? Is that what you call it?

If Bendis took a dump in his pants, reached in and grabbed a handful and drew a smilie face with it and posted the picture of said shit doodle on his board, the posters would say it's a goddamn Picasso.

I've been to that board and here's a great big **** you to 'em.

I can not handle that amount of homo erotic fanboyism.

Grimm22
Originally posted by long pig
Writer fanboys? Is that what you call it?

If Bendis took a dump in his pants, reached in and grabbed a handful and drew a smilie face with it and posted the picture of said shit doodle on his board, the posters would say it's a goddamn Picasso.

I've been to that board and here's a great big **** you to 'em.

I can not handle that amount of homo erotic fanboyism.

Thats essentially how Bendis writes New Avengers anyway laughing

King_Mungi
Well you know how She Hulk and Juggernaut bumped uglies? well apparently Dan Slott is going to be retconning it.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=104325
"Dan has said that he is going to retcon that, because it was so badly out of character for Shulkie. So, what really happened has yet to be revealed. All we know for certain is that Juggernaut slept with someone who certainly appeared to be the She-Hulk, and that Jen has no memory of the incident. Was it an imposter? Was it mind-control? We'll just have to wait and see."

DigiMark007
If I wrote comics, there would be main characters having sex constantly. There'd be more prostitution than a Frank Millar "Greatest Hits" collection.

It's not that I'm repressed...I just can't stand when they hold romantic tension out for like 15 years before anything happens between characters.

Black Adam
Well you know how She Hulk and Juggernaut bumped uglies? well apparently Dan Slott is going to be retconning it.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=104325
"Dan has said that he is going to retcon that, because it was so badly out of character for Shulkie. So, what really happened has yet to be revealed. All we know for certain is that Juggernaut slept with someone who certainly appeared to be the She-Hulk, and that Jen has no memory of the incident. Was it an imposter? Was it mind-control? We'll just have to wait and see."

out of character? She Hulk is probably the biggest **** in marvel.

pr1983
If I wrote comics, there would be main characters having sex constantly. There'd be more prostitution than a Frank Millar "Greatest Hits" collection.

It's not that I'm repressed...I just can't stand when they hold romantic tension out for like 15 years before anything happens between characters.

i actually have the exact same opinion... if i was a hero on a team full of beautiful women? honestly, i don't know how any heroism would get done but for all the sex...

King_Mungi

Yeah, but she wears a suit

Originally posted by pr1983
i actually have the exact same opinion... if i was a hero on a team full of beautiful women? honestly, i don't know how any heroism would get done but for all the sex...

Look at Arsenal in Outsiders, he LOVES the woman.

pr1983
Yeah, but she wears a suit

Look at Arsenal in Outsiders, he LOVES the woman.

nightwing too...

and i don't know any man who'd say no to she-hulk (when she's drawn half decent)

King_Mungi
and i don't know any man who'd say no to she-hulk (when she's drawn half decent)

Northstar cool

pr1983
Northstar cool

lol, true... ok, heterosexual men, i doubt it... unless they had some strange aversion to green...

Validus
Northstar cool
Northstar would say yes to a Rob Liefeld She-Hulk. We already saw what he did to Wonder Girl. sad

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
Northstar would say yes to a Rob Liefeld She-Hulk. We already saw what he did to Wonder Girl. sad

liefeld or northstar?

Grimm22

Whats even more ironic is that Slott is the one who started writing her this way laughing

Validus
liefeld or northstar?
I'm referring the famous image Liefeld drew of WG with a penis.

King_Mungi
Oh god in that Teen Titan comic she had a bigger buldge than Robin and Kid Flash...even put together sad

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
I'm referring the famous image Liefeld drew of WG with a penis.

must've missed that one... he does give her a bit of a bulge at times though...

"V"

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52056_scene1_122_210lo.jpg
http://img9.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=52057_scene2_122_36lo.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

HigH ScholaR
theres really nothing to say

pr1983
Originally posted by "V"
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52056_scene1_122_210lo.jpg
http://img9.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=52057_scene2_122_36lo.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

that's some pretty shitty art...

and why is the second pic of that girl who was the pink power ranger?

"V"
The art fits.

Also, I actually respect Wolverine for turning down teh slutzorz!11!1

HigH ScholaR
yes it is shitty art, why are people buying this is it because it has the word hulk in it?

HigH ScholaR
Dan slott has turned she-hulk into a **** and now he wishes to recton it when he made her that way and thought it was entertaining.

pr1983
Originally posted by "V"
The art fits.

Also, I actually respect Wolverine for turning down teh slutzorz!11!1

fits how?

"V"
fits how?

Cartoony, it goes with the light-hearted nature of the book.

Scholar I think she might just be lieing about it? and didn't Slott say if She Hulk got a relaunch he'd retcon it or something? He has done nothing about the countless other men she "boinked".

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Dan slott has turned she-hulk into a **** and now he wishes to recton it when he made her that way and thought it was entertaining.

pr1983
Originally posted by "V"
Cartoony, it goes with the light-hearted nature of the book.

Scholar I think she might just be lieing about it? and didn't Slott say if She Hulk got a relaunch he'd retcon it or something? He has done nothing about the countless other men she "boinked".

i don't even know what book it is...

Black Adam
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
yes it is shitty art, why are people buying this is it because it has the word hulk in it?

people like the way Slott incorporates old continuity and old c list characters that most of these new marvel writers are willing to never speak off or bring up.

they like the guys brand of comedy.

It's one of the few fun books next to Cable/Deadpool in a universe of emo and Penance. These are all comments I have heard from She hulk fans. And I can see there point.

Personally I enjoy a good laugh and fun in my books though She-hulk has never clicked with me. Though i did enjoy the Thing and that Spider-man/human torch mini.

Though I actully enjoys slott when he does more serious stuff like that Arkham mini he did a few years back.

It's a comedy book first and 616 title second. All writers have favorites. And if they were on a book that's largely ignored by every other marvel writer with the exception of Fabian they would have them doing crazy shit just for the fun of it to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.