Could Ghost Rider beat Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican
Would it be possible, if Ghost Rider fought Thanos, for ghost Rider to get Thanos in his Penence Stare and then probably defeat him? I would imagine that Thanos would be greatly effected by the penence stare.

tkitna
I would believe Thanos to be above the penance stare, so my answer is no, Ghost Rider could not defeat thanos.

Board Walker
Originally posted by tkitna
I would believe Thanos to be above the penance stare, so my answer is no, Ghost Rider could not defeat thanos.

Have you seen who the penance stare has effected? To say Thanos is above the penance stare is pure speculation.

Besides, the current GR looks to be shaping up to the most powerful incarnation of any GR ever.

TricksterPriest
I'm not sure Thanos has a conscience or understands the CONCEPTS of empathy and caring. He killed his own mother for giving him life. erm

Evil_Ash
If Galactus can be effected by the penance stare, then so could Thanos.

Board Walker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm not sure Thanos has a conscience or understands the CONCEPTS of empathy and caring. He killed his own mother for giving him life. erm

If it can effect Blackheart and Mephisto, then it likely can effect Thanos.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
If Galactus can be effected by the penance stare, then so could Thanos.

That actually never happened in comics, just on an old TV show.

Evil_Ash
oops

Sorry then. It's just been mentioned so many times...

guy222
Originally posted by Blaxican
Would it be possible, if Ghost Rider fought Thanos, for ghost Rider to get Thanos in his Penence Stare and then probably defeat him? I would imagine that Thanos would be greatly effected by the penence stare.

GR easily. The wielders of the mystical Medallion of Power. Beg for mercy, Death won't help u. Goodnite, good riddance Thanos of Titan.

juggernaut66666
Thanos thrashes GR.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Is this Zarathos? Is this Noble Kale?

guy222
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Thanos thrashes GR.

Really. What's the MOP? Better yet, is this the true Thanos.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by guy222
Really. What's the MOP? Better yet, is this the true Thanos.
What the f**k?

guy222
What the f**k?

I know. Thanos is probably the biggest loser in all of Marvel Comics. He serves Death. U don't have to answer what the MOP is. I know what it is.

GR also wins. He made a lot of money at the Box Office. cool

golem370
Thanos has no guit for the things he has done.

juggernaut66666
I know. Thanos is probably the biggest loser in all of Marvel Comics. He serves Death. U don't have to answer what the MOP is. I know what it is.

GR also wins. He made a lot of money at the Box Office. cool
You are wrong! Thanos just knocks the shit out of GR the same way Abomination did it.

boriquaking55
GR would probably never even get a chance to use Penance Stare. The Ghost Rider movie sucked btw

tkitna

This is what I was trying to say. I cant prove it hence I sad 'I believe', but if anybody could withstand the penance stare, Thanos would be high on my list.

juggernaut66666
BTW Gr is not too versatile he has the chains,hell fire,penance stare and that's all non of those could really hurt Thanos.

guy222
You are wrong! Thanos just knocks the shit out of GR the same way Abomination did it.

GR beat Hulk. Hulk beat Emil. GR has a healing factor. The object is light. Thanos is dark. Guess who loses. Goodnite, Mad Titan.

juggernaut66666
GR beat Hulk. Hulk beat Emil. GR has a healing factor. The object is light. Thanos is dark. Guess who loses. Goodnite, Mad Titan.
Do you read comics?Gr only beat Hulk because he burnt the oxygen from the air so Hulk couldn't breath.Abomination almost one shoted Daniel Ketch he doesn't have so great durability few class 100 punches and he reverts back to his human form.Thanos just 1 shots GR with a cosmic blast.

Decay
im not sure if the penance stare would affect thanos. mephisto gets off on pain and suffering, his intentions are all evil. thanos loves death. he wants to kill everyone and then he wasnt to die. he was cursed with immortality, it wouldnt be much of a curse if he was trying to live forever. he sees life as bad, so being forced to live through all the deaths hes caused could be the best experience in his life.

hes never really enjoyed causing pain as far as i know, just clean, quick death. even when he was killed by drax he didnt seem to really mind, and thats after he decided not to be evil and kill everyone.

it would probably put him out of comission for a while though, hes killed billions, so the feeling of death accepting him and embracing him that many times would probably leave him distracted for a long time. guys like galactus i can see being affected, galactus doesnt like his job, hes looked for ways to stop having to kill people to survive, but he accepts it as his role. he does have alot of repressed guilt over it though. mephisto knows hes a bad guy, and has done things hed never like to have happen to him. thanos however wants to kill everyone, and if life is horrible in his eyes hes doing them all a huge favour.

Board Walker
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos has no guit for the things he has done.

Neither does Blackheart or Mephisto, but it killed blackheart and rocked Mephisto.

The penance stare does not work on guilt, it induces the pain, dammage, on the reciever that they have induced and or caused to all others.

Do you have any idea of how much this would completely eradicate Thanos?

Are you speaking of Current GR? The one who at the moment rocked a prepped Doc Strange, is more powerful then any incarnation of GR to date, and by the looks up the story arc is going to be taking down the true "satan" of Marvel comics soon.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Board Walker
Neither does Blackheart or Mephisto, but it killed blackheart and rocked Mephisto.

The penance stare does not work on guilt, it induces the pain, dammage, on the reciever that they have induced and or caused to all others.

Do you have any idea of how much this would completely eradicate Thanos?

Are you speaking of Current GR? The one who at the moment rocked a prepped Doc Strange, is more powerful then any incarnation of GR to date, and by the looks up the story arc is going to be taking down the true "satan" of Marvel comics soon.
You mean Current GR who caught Strange by surprise using his chains and used the Penance Stare on him?

golem370
Mephisto kinda seem worried around Thanos so who knows maybe he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

bigbran
Originally posted by golem370
Mephisto kinda seem worried around Thanos so who knows maybe he had the Infinity Gauntlet. What?

Anyway... Thanos is above Blackheart... and maybe even teh Mephisto (based on showings of course).

Blaxican
You mean Current GR who caught Strange by surprise using his chains and used the Penance Stare on him?

This is of course after using a magic attack that he thought would obliterate GR, which it didn't.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This is of course after using a magic attack that he thought would obliterate GR, which it didn't.

Thanos is humbled once again. GR kicks his ***

bigbran
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Thanos is humbled once again. GR kicks his *** Is there another Thanos in comics?

Do you have a bio for him, because it is obvious that there is another Thanos...

King_Mungi

and the fact Strange didn't want to fight but talk, and stopped fighting and let his guard down when he believed he killed GR. It was a meh! fight.

guy222
Do you read comics?Gr only beat Hulk because he burnt the oxygen from the air so Hulk couldn't breath.Abomination almost one shoted Daniel Ketch he doesn't have so great durability few class 100 punches and he reverts back to his human form.Thanos just 1 shots GR with a cosmic blast.

I do. Zarathos/Blaze humbled Thor. Also defeated Death in a race. Has Thanos ever defeated Death without a powerup? Have u seen who's alive again? Who is his everlasting master? Emil got his *** kicked by Hulk. He has no head now. Blaze/Zarathos will defeat the true Satan. Satan>Thanos. Zarathos/Blaze=GR ftw.

King_Mungi
Meh! a regular old mortal has beat Death. It all depends on circumstances

Blaze has not beat the real Lucifer yet, so we can't really use that.

bigbran
I do. Zarathos/Blaze humbled Thor. Also defeated Death in a race. Has Thanos ever defeated Death without a powerup? Have u seen who's alive again? Who is his everlasting master? Emil got his *** kicked by Hulk. He has no head now. Blaze/Zarathos will defeat the true Satan. Satan>Thanos. Zarathos/Blaze=GR ftw. Anyway...

Why do you always bring up Zarathos?

I've seen him struggle against a shield that Strange has put up, and left up, not like the ones that he just has around his body.

I'm also sure that Strange has said that he could have beaten him.

Blaxican
Originally posted by King_Mungi
and the fact Strange didn't want to fight but talk, and stopped fighting and let his guard down when he believed he killed GR. It was a meh! fight.

He only stopped fighting when he thought he had completely obliterated GR. He was... wrong. It was a fair fight. Strange even admited that he had used a lot more power in that attack then he wanted to.

King_Mungi
He only stopped fighting when he thought he had completely obliterated GR. He was... wrong. It was a fair fight. Strange even admited that he had used a lot more power in that attack then he wanted to.

Of course he said that, as he wanted to talk not fight as he said. If he used ALL of his power GR wouldn't even be on this plane.

A fair fight is not getting attacked first, when all you want to do is talk. He felt guilty and sad when he did use that big move as he felt he may have damned us all. A fair fight is no holds barred with no emotional stoppage, where Strange did not want to do serious harm while GR did.

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran
Anyway...

Why do you always bring up Zarathos?

I've seen him struggle against a shield that Strange has put up, and left up, not like the ones that he just has around his body.

I'm also sure that Strange has said that he could have beaten him.

Do u know who makes up the first GR? I do. Blaze with Zarathos. Fact. Dr Strange can't beat GR. Fact. Bag of Tricks lost to GR. Fact.

Question to u, what's the medallion of power? Who is Ketch/Badallino/Kale? Thanos loses. Simple

Mephisto fears Zarathos. He will lose in the next few issues. He's probably Satan. Kale rules Hell. He destroyed Blackheart. Mephisto's son.

Back to work, I go

bigbran
Do u know who makes up the first GR? I do. Blaze with Zarathos. Fact. Dr Strange can't beat GR. Fact. Bag of Tricks lost to GR. Fact.

Question to u, what's the medallion of power? Who is Ketch/Badallino/Kale? Thanos loses. Simple

Mephisto fears Zarathos. He will lose in the next few issues. He's probably Satan. Kale rules Hell. He destroyed Blackheart. Mephisto's son.

Back to work, I go Yes, I do. The current Ghost Rider has almost seemed to what is the word... surpass Zarathos...

Also, I also remember Strange beating Ghost Rider in the past, and I also remember him taking Ghost Rider's power, and using it for himself.
Ghost Rider has beat him once, I forget how much Strange beat him.

What do those questions have to do with Thanos losing?
Anyway...
I'm not too versed in Ghost Rider (seeing as I wasn't interested in it...), but...
A piece of Zarathos resides(or got trapped) in the medallion.
It was broken and placed in the bloodlines of two families.
Caretaker guards them.

Umm... isn't it Zarathos who fears Mephisto?
I doubt Mephisto is Satan... Blaze would know.

You do know that Kale doesn't have really anything to do with this thread... this is Blaze.

Also, how exactly would Johnny take even one hit from Thanos?
Didn't the Penance Stare not work on lots of people? What makes you think it would work on Thanos?

boriquaking55

yeaaaa.......nice abc logic there.

just because Strange did a little jobbing to GR and people found out about it in the respect thread, doesn't make GR skyfather level.
In fact I'll go as far as to say that in his recent series where he's looking for "satan" - all that nonsense is just asking to get retconned because biblical concepts have no place in the MU. They simply don't fit in. I can't believe people defend this.

And speaking of which, since current GR is soooo powerful - lest we forget that current Thanos may be damn-near abstract now that he's dead too.

GR hasn't done shit to prove he can hang with the Titan, I don't care what the fanboys think. Mephisto & Blackheart are jokes too, god knows what power level the different writers decides to put them at in each series.

I'm willing to bet that the "Satan" in the recent GR series is nothing more than Marduk or some other demon-lord. Lameness

Mider999
who cares if strange beat GR strange can beat anyone with enough PIS he even beat shuma gorath in his own dimension..........its even stated in wiki he says he cant do such and such then in this issue he does it most of his feats are PIS

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
who cares if strange beat GR strange can beat anyone with enough PIS he even beat shuma gorath in his own dimension..........its even stated in wiki he says he cant do such and such then in this issue he does it most of his feats are PIS How are his feats pis, when those are basically his only feats?

Just because he doubts himself, or says some statement that people take as the feat, instead of what he actually did?

TricksterPriest
I'm damn sure LP would bring a giant sized can of Whup-ass to this thread if he finds out about it. Since he's not here, I'll say it for him. Nothing strange has done is PIS. In fact, if Strange loses to anyone under Thanos level, it's PIS. HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD. He beats up abstracts, time travels, planet smashes and pawns even people like HOM Wanda. Check the respect thread. And the Shuma-Gorath feat? That's huge, and IMPOSSIBLE for most people to do. SHUMA IS ETERNITY LEVEL IN HIS HOME DIMENSION.

bigbran
I'm damn sure LP would bring a giant sized can of Whup-ass to this thread if he finds out about it. Since he's not here, I'll say it for him. Nothing strange has done is PIS. In fact, if Strange loses to anyone under Thanos level, it's PIS. HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD. He beats up abstracts, time travels, planet smashes and pawns even people like HOM Wanda. Check the respect thread. And the Shuma-Gorath feat? That's huge, and IMPOSSIBLE for most people to do. SHUMA IS ETERNITY LEVEL IN HIS HOME DIMENSION. And Apocalypse still loses to Martian Manhunter...

TricksterPriest
*blows a giant raspberry* Kiss my blue mutant ass. stick out tongue

bigbran
*blows a giant raspberry* Kiss my blue mutant ass. stick out tongue So, you blow raspberries? Cool... I guess... confused

You really should get that blue ass checked out...

Blair Wind
You really should get that blue ass checked out...

Frostbite? ermm

TricksterPriest
Apoc has grayish-blue skin, and disfigured blue lips. And how do you get frostbite in ancient Egypt? stick out tongue

bigbran
Apoc has grayish-blue skin, and disfigured blue lips. And how do you get frostbite in ancient Egypt? stick out tongue So... you have a blue ass... Apoc has blue lips...

Whatever you're into I guess...

guy222
Originally posted by boriquaking55
yeaaaa.......nice abc logic there.

just because Strange did a little jobbing to GR and people found out about it in the respect thread, doesn't make GR skyfather level.
In fact I'll go as far as to say that in his recent series where he's looking for "satan" - all that nonsense is just asking to get retconned because biblical concepts have no place in the MU. They simply don't fit in. I can't believe people defend this.

And speaking of which, since current GR is soooo powerful - lest we forget that current Thanos may be damn-near abstract now that he's dead too.

GR hasn't done shit to prove he can hang with the Titan, I don't care what the fanboys think. Mephisto & Blackheart are jokes too, god knows what power level the different writers decides to put them at in each series.

I'm willing to bet that the "Satan" in the recent GR series is nothing more than Marduk or some other demon-lord. Lameness

I could give a rat *** about DS. He can't beat Eternity/LT. Lameness what. Because Thanos loses again. That's all he does, is lose.

Its always the writers when u lose. I know. Write Jim Starlin. Tell him u want Thanos to win.

I have already said numerous times, Thanos is Death's lackey. Is he number one? No. Will he come across another object? Yes. Will he lose again? Yes. That's Thanos. Always a loser, never ultimately wins.

Again, GR wins. Hulk/GR/Wolverine. They sell comics.

GR has done a lot. Why they made a movie? No movie on Thanos. Sorry.

mighty adam
What the f**k? same shit i was thinking lol.

mighty adam

GR also wins. He made a lot of money at the Box Office. cool i hope this is a joke......please tell me your jokeng right?

Martian_mind
Jonn pwns Apoc.....

juggernaut66666
Guy what are you talking about?
Ketch got 1 shoted by Abomination and Blaze got his ass handed to Strange and Stephen wasn't even trying he just wanted to talk to Blaze.About the Zarathos thing Zarathos is not a big gun he hhad problems with Vengeance,Caretaker,and Ketch he has no feats.Thanos just one shots Gr.

celestialdemon
This isn't even a fight. Thanos wins this battle 10/10. All GR has done is survive an attack from Strange. So what? It was one attack and Strange let up on him. When GR regularly starts smacking around people who are herald-level and higher, then come back with this fight.

tkitna
Yeah, this is getting silly as a debate. Like it was said before, when GR whips somebody of real importance, then we can debate. Thanos is so much above GR its not even worth sarcasm anymore. As a matter of fact, he would probably take the penance stare and give back to GR a thousand fold.

Thanos wins as many times as that flaming skulled idiot would ever want to try. Period.

HigH ScholaR
Have you seen who the penance stare has effected? To say Thanos is above the penance stare is pure speculation.

Besides, the current GR looks to be shaping up to the most powerful incarnation of any GR ever.

If it can effect Blackheart and Mephisto, then it likely can effect Thanos.

Thanos is losing to the penance stare, on a side note GR has some pretty good durability and can reassemble his bones if destroyed.

BUT THANOS WILL KILL HIM WITHOUT THE PENANCE STARE OR IF GR HASN'T GOT THE CHNACE TO USE IT 9/10 TO THANOS WINNING THIS

qqqqqqq
thanos was sad when death dumped him, the PS should work

Superherovandal
PS works not on people who feel guilty but people who have caused pain. and i bet Thanos did alot of that so he'll be extremely susceptible to it. Stop trying to make Thanos invincible to everything. he's just as susceptible as the next villian to the PS.

Priest
Thanos one shots GR, and proceeds to steal Ghost Rider's motorcycle.

qqqqqqq
Originally posted by Priest
Thanos one shots GR, and proceeds to steal Ghost Rider's motorcycle. the hellcycle is cool rock

guy222
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
thanos was sad when death dumped him, the PS should work

it will smile

boriquaking55
I could give a rat *** about DS. He can't beat Eternity/LT. Lameness what. Because Thanos loses again. That's all he does, is lose.

Its always the writers when u lose. I know. Write Jim Starlin. Tell him u want Thanos to win.

I have already said numerous times, Thanos is Death's lackey. Is he number one? No. Will he come across another object? Yes. Will he lose again? Yes. That's Thanos. Always a loser, never ultimately wins.

Again, GR wins. Hulk/GR/Wolverine. They sell comics.

GR has done a lot. Why they made a movie? No movie on Thanos. Sorry.

what are you rambling about? I hate posts like this - uniformed rants with no backing whatsoever. Thanos is a loser??? WTF. BTW Do you even know who Marduk is, guy?

Edit: Since when was Ghost Rider an A-list guy that sells books?

juggernaut66666
what are you rambling about? I hate posts like this - uniformed rants with no backing whatsoever. Thanos is a loser??? WTF. BTW Do you even know who Marduk is, guy?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
That shit what he wrote doesn't make to much sense....eh?

boriquaking55
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
That shit what he wrote doesn't make to much sense....eh?

the part where he starts comparing GR's popularity to Hulk and Wolverine was just laughing laughing laughing

Board Walker
Yes, I do. The current Ghost Rider has almost seemed to what is the word... surpass Zarathos...

Also, I also remember Strange beating Ghost Rider in the past, and I also remember him taking Ghost Rider's power, and using it for himself.
Ghost Rider has beat him once, I forget how much Strange beat him.

What do those questions have to do with Thanos losing?
Anyway...
I'm not too versed in Ghost Rider (seeing as I wasn't interested in it...), but...
A piece of Zarathos resides(or got trapped) in the medallion.
It was broken and placed in the bloodlines of two families.
Caretaker guards them.

Umm... isn't it Zarathos who fears Mephisto?
I doubt Mephisto is Satan... Blaze would know.

You do know that Kale doesn't have really anything to do with this thread... this is Blaze.

Also, how exactly would Johnny take even one hit from Thanos?
Didn't the Penance Stare not work on lots of people? What makes you think it would work on Thanos?

He never took GR's powers, he temporarily trapped newbie Ghost rider Kale (when he first became GR).

Board Walker

If you think about who GR has fought through his comic career, hes pretty high up there.

Current GR, is more powerful then ever, and if he defeats the "true" lucifer, then that says alot.

juggernaut66666
"Boosted" Daniel Ketch almost got trashed by Venom.

Board Walker

Except this isn't Daniel Ketch

guy222
If you think about who GR has fought through his comic career, hes pretty high up there.

Current GR, is more powerful then ever, and if he defeats the "true" lucifer, then that says alot.

i agree

boriquaking55

current GR may be moot since current Thanos is "dead" too and now the consort of death full-time. That could be damn near abstract level.

guy222

hellfire hurt venom

guy222
current GR may be moot since current Thanos is "dead" too and now the consort of death full-time. That could be damn near abstract level.

thanos does what death wants. simple. he will be hurt badly by any form of GR

Board Walker

Pure speculation, you have no idea how powerful or weak Thanos is now, he could very well just be a kid.

Secondly when people say current thanos, it likely means his power level right before his death.

boriquaking55
Secondly when people say current thanos, it likely means his power level right before his death.

dont blame me for actually knowing what current Thanos means and other people being ignorant to that.

assuming GR could hurt skyfathers, elder gods, etc... is just as much speculation if you ask me.

Board Walker
dont blame me for actually knowing what current Thanos means and other people being ignorant to that.

assuming GR could hurt skyfathers, elder gods, etc... is just as much speculation if you ask me.

Speculation? GR has killed skyfather level beings, his penance stare killed Blackheart, and he was rulling hell.

Mephisto fears GR.

He fights cosmic level beings throughout his comic career.

Board Walker

The thing is, you are speculating, you dont know how powerful or weak Thanos is right now, because it hasn't been revealed yet.

He has no feats.

boriquaking55
The thing is, you are speculating, you dont know how powerful or weak Thanos is right now, because it hasn't been revealed yet.

He has no feats.

I had just agknowledged that current Thanos is but speculation, but so it recent GR. The so-called "satan" he's going after is just in theory also. Honestly I wanna know what resolution comes out of that so I can roll eyes (sarcastic)

Satan has no place in the MU - the cosmic heirarchy has already long been established without biblical dieties - recent GR showings are imo TBR (to be retconned)

swerve1988
thanos dies a painful death( no stare)

guy222

Ramble. Don't make me laugh. I have all the issues of GR. Is that good for u. Can i define who Marduk is? I will after lunch.

Last retort, u can disagree. That's fine. Thanos loses. He isn't beating GR. Simple. Do u know how long GR's been around? Has Thanos been in as many books? Have u read Marvel Spotlight #5? Do u have the original GR books? I do. Do u know of Thanos' losing streak when he acquires something? Good Luck, Thanos. I like him. He is a Celestial creation. BTW, can Thanos defeat Drax.

boriquaking55
Ramble. Don't make me laugh. I have all the issues of GR. Is that good for u. Can i define who Marduk is? I will after lunch.

Last retort, u can disagree. That's fine. Thanos loses. He isn't beating GR. Simple. Do u know how long GR's been around? Has Thanos been in as many books? Have u read Marvel Spotlight #5? Do u have the original GR books? I do. Do u know of Thanos' losing streak when he acquires something? Good Luck, Thanos. I like him. He is a Celestial creation. BTW, can Thanos defeat Drax.

your rambling again. I don't have teh original GR tales (not that much of a fan) You're just not making any valid points, as Thanos is a bad guy (supposed to lose). Throw a poll up and see what the result is.

/thread

juggernaut66666
GR fighting skyfather level guys???????
What the ****?????
I have the whole v1 v2 and he never fought anyone near skyfather level he is going against no name guys and the Black Heart thing was the only exception.

boriquaking55
What the ****?????
I have the whole v1 v2 and he never fought anyone near skyfather level he is going against no name guys and the Black Heart thing was the only exception.

you just can't convince some people, juggs.

celestialdemon
What the ****?????

Thank you. It's getting ridiculous. Ghost Rider has never been shown to consistently take out herald-to-skyfather level beings. Thanos is right below skyfather and smacks around heralds all the time. GR isn't winning this fight.

bigbran
He never took GR's powers, he temporarily trapped newbie Ghost rider Kale (when he first became GR). Oh...
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4194/ghoststealbx8.th.jpg

?

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thank you. It's getting ridiculous. Ghost Rider has never been shown to consistently take out herald-to-skyfather level beings. Thanos is right below skyfather and smacks around heralds all the time. GR isn't winning this fight. Below?

long pig
Thanos isn't insane. He knows good from bad. He simply chooses to act on bad thoughts. The stare would drop him like a hot pickle everytime.

guy222
Originally posted by long pig
Thanos isn't insane. He knows good from bad. He simply chooses to act on bad thoughts. The stare would drop him like a hot pickle everytime.

agree

juggernaut66666
Too bad he get's trashed before he could use it.

guy222
your rambling again. I don't have teh original GR tales (not that much of a fan) You're just not making any valid points, as Thanos is a bad guy (supposed to lose). Throw a poll up and see what the result is.

/thread

I am a fan. That's why I know GR wins. Thanos does lose. Ask Starlin to win for ya. He will listen. wink

juggernaut66666
You don't know shit about Thanos you always think your favorite character wins because you are biased .Care to explain how does Ghost Rider beats Thanos?

guy222
You don't know shit about Thanos you always think your favorite character wins because you are biased .Care to explain how does Ghost Rider beats Thanos?

Biased, my ass. I will ask u nicely, how does Thanos win. I will give u an honest answer. Fair

guy222
Biased, my ass. I will ask u nicely, how does Thanos win. I will give u an honest answer. Fair

Happy Dance

juggernaut66666
I bet you haven't even read a Thanos comic Ghost Rider get's trashed by characters like Abomination,Vengeance,Venom,Brood Queen and a lot o f no-name guys.

Thanos battles characters over herald level and he still trashes most of the with ease?What is Gr going to do use Hell Fire Vengeance tried it on Hulk it didn't work and Banner beat the crap out of Michael.Use his chains yeah sure.The Penance Stare might work but he would be KO'd before he could use it.Ghost Rider has no other weapons to use only that 3.

Thanos is far more versatile he can use his blast to Ko Gr with ease or he can absorb his life force or just attack him with TP .
It was shown many times that GR can be mind controlled also he doesn't have the durability and speed to stand up against the Mad Titan for God's sake.

Thanos also easily beat Thor,Surfer,Thing,Fallen One,Morg,Adam Warlock,Captain Marvell,Phyla Vell,Drax.Those guys are way out of GR league.

juggernaut66666
Ghost Rider rarely uses his Hell Fire and Penance stare in fights most of the times he goes h2h with his opponents or tries to use the chain against them.

Too bad for him that Thanos is one of the best h2h fighters he also trained Gamora who is possibly "the most deadliest female" in close combat.While even upgraded Daniel Ketch was getting a beat down from Venom until he got lucky and manged to tie Brock to a pole with his chain.

As for Thanos's h2h feats he was able to stalemate Champion with Power Gem who had enough strenght to destroy a planet
with 1 punch.
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8524/fight81ph1.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3087/fight82od2.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/169/fight83hq5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1461/fight84ob4.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7371/fight85ns8.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1909/fight86yk9.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3116/fight87qv0.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1854/fight88it9.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6061/fight810gv6.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4601/fight811fp6.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6493/fight812kn2.jpg

Ouallada
Thanos uses GR's skull for his next lawn bowling game.

celestialdemon

Below?

Yes, as of his death, Thanos was below skyfather level.

Nataku8188
GR: PENNANCE STARE!

Thanos: That's cute. ::UPPERCUT::

bigbran
Yes, as of his death, Thanos was below skyfather level. Really... because he has way better showings of power than Vishnu...
And, I'm not counting his not many showings, I'm just thinking of his showings...

Just because you aren't Odin's level, doesn't mean that you aren't on a Skyfather range of power.

long pig
Too bad he get's trashed before he could use it.
Possibly.

Depends on who gets the first real hit in, really. Originally posted by Nataku8188
GR: PENNANCE STARE!

Thanos: That's cute. ::UPPERCUT::
There is no reason whatsoever to think Thanos can shrug off or even survive the PS. If GR gets to use it, Thanos falls hard.

Board Walker
Possibly.

Depends on who gets the first real hit in, really.
There is no reason whatsoever to think Thanos can shrug off or even survive the PS. If GR gets to use it, Thanos falls hard.

The PS has effected blackheart, mephisto, etc. It has shown to be able to effect Skyfather level characters.

All in all though, we will have to see how powerful GR turns out to be after his current arc.

long pig
I don't see the big fuss over Thanos. Especially in vs threads. He's strong, yeah...durable, yeah...has high end blasts...yep. Decent telepathy...and that's about it.

His real strength seems to lie with prep and use of gadgets. I don't see him being anywhere near "skyfather". His power set is too simple. He did well against Odin simply because he's durable. Juggernaut could pull off the same feat and he's not Skyfather level is he?

Without his gadgets, he's basically just a brawler. Hell, without his stuff, he's friggin' Drax.

Board Walker
I don't see the big fuss over Thanos. Especially in vs threads. He's strong, yeah...durable, yeah...has high end blasts...yep. Decent telepathy...and that's about it.

His real strength seems to lie with prep and use of gadgets. I don't see him being anywhere near "skyfather". His power set is too simple.

Without his gadgets, he's basically just a brawler. Hell, without his stuff, he's friggin' Drax.

lol LP, on KMC Thanos is often hailed as Skyfather level, but indirectly most put him on abstract level.

The majority of threads involving Thanos are either with the IG, or HOTU, the KMC Thanos is a Skyfather being.

Much like how KMC Silver Surfer (I have only ever seen this here) is hailed as only being able to be defeated by beings below skyfather; even now some are saying with his "almighty power up" that he can take on skyfathers.

But to be honest, this is done with about 90% of the characters on here, so really its just part of KMC.

When some one goes against it, it is as though millions will immediately rally against you to silence you.

IE when I made the argument that the HOTU as shown on panel, only gave Thanos the exact power of 1 complete Universe (sphere). But for some reason, some people wouldn't except what is shown on panel.

long pig
lol LP, on KMC Thanos is often hailed as Skyfather level, but indirectly most put him on abstract level.

The majority of threads involving Thanos are either with the IG, or HOTU, the KMC Thanos is a Skyfather being.

Much like how KMC Silver Surfer (I have only ever seen this here) is hailed as only being able to be defeated by beings below skyfather; even now some are saying with his "almight power up" that he can take on skyfathers.

But to be honest, this is done with about 90% of the characters on here, so really its just part of KMC.
Oh, well egg on my noob face, then.

Board Walker
Oh, well egg on my noob face, then.

Basically I was agreeing with you LP, I was being satirical.

Thanos is overrated on KMC.

bigbran
Basically I was agreeing with you LP, I was being satirical.

Thanos is overrated on KMC. How is Thanos overated?

Board Walker
How is Thanos overated?

Do I really need to answer this? You were part of the Michael Vs LT thread, it quickly became Michael Vs Thanos (w/HOTU), that says some right there.

Espicially when a solid argument backed by scans proving and showing that Thanos with the HOTU was one and only one complete Universe (sphere), people still claimed he could defeat Michael of DC (not vertigo); who handled the same spectre who defeated the Anti-Monitor at its prime (after it had absorbed the entire DC Omniverse except for 5 universes).

bigbran
Do I really need to answer this? You were part of the Michael Vs LT thread, it quickly became Michael Vs Thanos (w/HOTU), that says some right there.

Espicially when a solid argument backed by scans proving and showing that Thanos with the HOTU was one and only one complete Universe (sphere), people still claimed he could defeat Michael of DC (not vertigo); who handled the same spectre who defeated the Anti-Monitor at its prime (after it had absorbed the entire DC Omniverse except for 5 universes). Umm... I really doubt that the HOTU has anything to do with Thanos... same with the IG... Thanos has to do with Thanos.

Umm... I still think he could defeat Micheal...

Board Walker
Umm... I really doubt that the HOTU has anything to do with Thanos... same with the IG... Thanos has to do with Thanos.

Umm... I still think he could defeat Micheal...

My point is, oh never mind, it is the same as trying to argue that Silver Surfer is overrated on KMC.

bigbran
My point is, oh never mind, it is the same as trying to argue that Silver Surfer is overrated on KMC. Thanos is different than Surfer... with Surfer it is speed, with Thanos, it is his actual feats.
I fail to see how he is overated because people don't think the Penance Stare will affect him.

Is Surfer overated though, because people say he can defeat Superman? stick out tongue

Wait... how come Superman isn't hailed as overated, if Thanos is?
I could really care less, but Superman is able to take anyone on the forums with T-Vo, and yet, no one questions him anymore.

Thanos is said to be Skyfather level... he is overated?

Superman can mindrape Galactus... normal powers.

Quite intriguing actually...

Board Walker
Thanos is different than Surfer... with Surfer it is speed, with Thanos, it is his actual feats.
I fail to see how he is overated because people don't think the Penance Stare will affect him.

Is Surfer overated though, because people say he can defeat Superman? stick out tongue

Wait... how come Superman isn't hailed as overated, if Thanos is?
I could really care less, but Superman is able to take anyone on the forums with T-Vo, and yet, no one questions him anymore.

Thanos is said to be Skyfather level... he is overated?

Superman can mindrape Galactus... normal powers.

Quite intriguing actually...

lol the difference bigbran, is that the majority accept that SS can do all that he is claimed to be able to do (ala KMC Surfer), well Supes on the other hand is dismissed as being PIS.

Honestly though, I do accept Thanos as being near sky father level, in the sense of the dammage he could do and the plans he could set in motion; but in raw power and durability? No.

But if it wasn't for his immortality I do think he would of died in that battle.

bigbran
lol the difference bigbran, is that the majority accept that SS can do all that he is claimed to be able to do (ala KMC Surfer), well Supes on the other hand is dismissed as being PIS.

Honestly though, I do accept Thanos as being near sky father level, in the sense of the dammage he could do and the plans he could set in motion; but in raw power and durability? No.

But if it wasn't for his immortality I do think he would of died in that battle. Well... I don' know about the "majority", but I only use the feats that he has done.

Also, Surfer has feats of him fighting super high level beings too, but no one has him fighting abstract levels... Superman does.

Well... I accept him as Skyfather based on all his feats, and you don't have to be on Odin's level, to be on a Skyfather range...
Plus, I am pretty damn sure, that Thanos is way above Vishnu (an actual Skyfather).

So based on intelligence, and plans, he is only near Skyfather? He is one of the most successful characters in comics. I wouldn't use plans as a placement...
When a Skyfather wipes out the universe, wipes out half of the population of the universe, becomes the universe... twice, defeats Eternity twice, beats LT, beats a bunch of abstracts... give me a call.

The damage he could do with plans... place him above abstracts (as shown). Keep in mind, you said plans, you never ruled out objects.

In duribility? Umm... he would probably be above Skyfather...
Raw power? His raw power had him slugging out with Tyrant.

When exactly did Odin give him any sort of damage that would have killed him? Nevermind that he is an Eternal, but all Odin did, was cut up his clothes. Never gave me the feeling of even KOing him... nevermind kill!

spidey-dude
Would it be possible, if Ghost Rider fought Thanos, for ghost Rider to get Thanos in his Penence Stare and then probably defeat him? I would imagine that Thanos would be greatly effected by the penence stare. blaxican ? you half black half mexican ?

Blaxican
Yep!

bigbran
Yep! Oh... thanks for explaining...

I thought you were half Cage, half flaming skull...

Blaxican
Well, I tend to leave that part out as I can't think of a snazzy way to put those two together into one word.

I'm also Irish erm

juggernaut66666
Thanos is overrated????
Yeah maybe some guys overrate him here but please you keep saying that Superby Prime can manipulate reality on a Multiversal scale. no expression

qqqqqqq
Thanos is overrated????
Yeah maybe some guys overrate him here but please you keep saying that Superby Prime can manipulate reality on a Multiversal scale. no expression your thoughts on thanos getting the PS

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
your thoughts on thanos getting the PS
It might work on him but Gr has to get close to Thanos to use it and I doubt that he will allow that to GR.

guy222
It might work on him but Gr has to get close to Thanos to use it and I doubt that he will allow that to GR.

GR>Thanos smile

celestialdemon
GR>Thanos smile

hysterical GR is nowhere close to Thanos. Feats back this up.

guy222
hysterical GR is nowhere close to Thanos. Feats back this up.

Jobber Thanos losing all the time. laughing

He will know pain if he's able for a challenge. Stare/Chain and MOP. Again, good nite Titan. Its cool u differ.

LORDSIDIOUS01

He will know pain if he's able for a challenge. Stare/Chain and MOP. Again, good nite Titan. Its cool u differ.

GR

celestialdemon

You do know the Penance Stare has been survived before, right? And GR's chains aren't doing anything to Thanos when he withstands blasts from beings far more powerful than GR.

Mider999
magic and cosmic power differ greatly on the scale in MU since powerful magic can take anyone from surfer to galactus, and who has servived teh penance stair please let us know so we can compare.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
magic and cosmic power differ greatly on the scale in MU since powerful magic can take anyone from surfer to galactus, and who has servived teh penance stair please let us know so we can compare. Venom...

juggernaut66666
or Blackout.

Board Walker
Well... I don' know about the "majority", but I only use the feats that he has done.

Also, Surfer has feats of him fighting super high level beings too, but no one has him fighting abstract levels... Superman does.

Well... I accept him as Skyfather based on all his feats, and you don't have to be on Odin's level, to be on a Skyfather range...
Plus, I am pretty damn sure, that Thanos is way above Vishnu (an actual Skyfather).

So based on intelligence, and plans, he is only near Skyfather? He is one of the most successful characters in comics. I wouldn't use plans as a placement...
When a Skyfather wipes out the universe, wipes out half of the population of the universe, becomes the universe... twice, defeats Eternity twice, beats LT, beats a bunch of abstracts... give me a call.

The damage he could do with plans... place him above abstracts (as shown). Keep in mind, you said plans, you never ruled out objects.

In duribility? Umm... he would probably be above Skyfather...
Raw power? His raw power had him slugging out with Tyrant.

When exactly did Odin give him any sort of damage that would have killed him? Nevermind that he is an Eternal, but all Odin did, was cut up his clothes. Never gave me the feeling of even KOing him... nevermind kill!

Everything you just mentioned has to do with the CC, IG, HOTU, by his own power and durability he could have done none of those things.

It is his knowledge, intelligence, and ability to set plans in motion which makes him able to be on a skyfather range.

But by his own base power and durability, with no curse from death, he doesn't compare.

bigbran
Everything you just mentioned has to do with the CC, IG, HOTU, by his own power and durability he could have done none of those things.

It is his knowledge, intelligence, and ability to set plans in motion which makes him able to be on a skyfather range.

But by his own base power and durability, with no curse from death, he doesn't compare. I know... I said that. His ability to plan, would put him over many, so, don't use that it say a power level.

That is his character...

Umm... he powered himself up so many times, where do you think he got the power cosmic from... I am counting him now.

Also, without power ups, he would only be like he was on Titan.

Also, of course we will use his power ups, and take them into consideration. With his power (power ups or not, also, they stay, don't they?), he is on a skyfather range of power.

juggernaut66666

But by his own base power and durability, with no curse from death, he doesn't compare.
Have you even read a Thanos book?

His knowledge put him on skyfather level?

Thanos has just beaten a Cosmos who is near Cosmic Cube level he sent Galactus flying with a single blast he stalemated Odin he absorb and released so much energy that it made the Universe scream in pain.

Durability he has survived an attack from a being who had more power then Galactus he also withstood an attack from Kosmos.

Mider999
isnt venom insane i mean the guy eats people, and i dont know who black out is

juggernaut66666
When has Ghost Rider used the Penance Stare on Mephisto?
Also I doubt that he ever used it on Black Heart.

Board Walker
When has Ghost Rider used the Penance Stare on Mephisto?
Also I doubt that he ever used it on Black Heart.

He killed Blackheart with it, and it rocked Mephisto, Mephisto Fears Ghost Rider.

long pig
Thanos is overrated, certainly. Just like Superman.

Both have very, very simple powersets. But, since this is a Thanos thread, let's talk about his powerset and WHY it's way, way under Skyfather. His powers are all physical, where as skyfathers have that AND powers that are meta physical.

First, to show how far below Thanos is, we strip him of powers that mean nothing against a skyfather.

1: Strength. Strength is moot to a skyfather. Odin has limitless strength.

2: Durability. Same as above.

3: Powerful blasts. Moot to most skyfathers because their physical bodies aren't really important.

4: Telepathy. Moot. He's not a powerful enough TP to even give a SF a headache.

5: Low end matter manip. His only "real" power that puts him above someone like Superman. But, he's not good enough of a transmutation expert to be a threat to a SF.

So, after stripping all the powers that simply have no use against a SF, what does Thanos have left?

NADDA! He can't even fly FFS!

He is nowhere near the power of any skyfather.

guy222
Thanos is overrated, certainly. Just like Superman.

Both have very, very simple powersets. But, since this is a Thanos thread, let's talk about his powerset and WHY it's way, way under Skyfather. His powers are all physical, where as skyfathers have that AND powers that are meta physical.

First, to show how far below Thanos is, we strip him of powers that mean nothing against a skyfather.

1: Strength. Strength is moot to a skyfather. Odin has limitless strength.

2: Durability. Same as above.

3: Powerful blasts. Moot to most skyfathers because their physical bodies aren't really important.

4: Telepathy. Moot. He's not a powerful enough TP to even give a SF a headache.

5: Low end matter manip. His only "real" power that puts him above someone like Superman. But, he's not good enough of a transmutation expert to be a threat to a SF.

So, after stripping all the powers that simply have no use against a SF, what does Thanos have left?

NADDA! He can't even fly FFS!

He is nowhere near the power of any skyfather.

cosigned

bigbran
Thanos is overrated, certainly. Just like Superman. Funny you should bring up overated characters...

Both have very, very simple powersets. But, since this is a Thanos thread, let's talk about his powerset and WHY it's way, way under Skyfather. His powers are all physical, where as skyfathers have that AND powers that are meta physical.Telepathy is physical?
Matter manip is physical?
Power Cosmic (oh yes, he does indeed have this) is physical?
Etc...

First, to show how far below Thanos is, we strip him of powers that mean nothing against a skyfather.Oh... OK.

1: Strength. Strength is moot to a skyfather. Odin has limitless strength.Funny... I remember Vishnu stalemating Thor in test of strength.
Also, when has Odin displayed that he indeed had unlimited strength?
Also, Hulk has unlimited strength... OMG SKYFATHER!

Also, Thanos's limit hasn't been seen on strength, but his strength is still moot?

2: Durability. Same as above.Skyfathers have unlimited duribility?

Also, I remember a Skyfather meaning nothing to Celestails... three of them, and it was due to duribility that they did nothing to him.

This really doesn't make sense though, of what you tried to say on duribility.

3: Powerful blasts. Moot to most skyfathers because their physical bodies aren't really important. Do you even know what a Skyfather is?

Anyway... if their physical bodies weren't important, then why did Odin die?
Why did all of the Skyfathers, minus two, get killed by Akhenaten?

4: Telepathy. Moot. He's not a powerful enough TP to even give a SF a headache.I know... Maker would also agree.

5: Low end matter manip. His only "real" power that puts him above someone like Superman. But, he's not good enough of a transmutation expert to be a threat to a SF.He had trapped the most powerful Skyfather (Odin) in a block of PHYSICAL force for a couple of seconds... Odin is WAY above any of the other Skyfathers, 'cept Zeus.

NADDA! He can't even fly FFS!I've seen him do more than Zeus has in this department.

Also, all you have done, is compare Odin to Thanos.
You haven't compared him to Skyfathers at all.

Also, no one has said anything about him being a Skyfather, but people have said that he is a Skyfather LEVEL.

He is nowhere near the power of any skyfather. So... you think Vishnu is way above Thanos?

long pig
Matter manip is. Cosmic Power is as well. I dealt with TP already.
Thanos doesn't have power cosmic TMK..

Did you miss the point? Strength isn't something that will win against a SF. Simple as that.

Odin can boost his strength with the odin power.

Still moot. He's not stronger than a SF.

Against physical based attacks? Yeah. Shields and enchantments. Odin made mjolnir with basically unlimited durability.

You didn't get the point at all, did you?

Thanos isn't as durable as a celestial or a SF, so that's moot.

A SF doesn't NEED to attack physically, therefore durability is next to useless.

Odin was killed by above-SF-magic and above-Thanos-power. You don't think Thanos could punch Odin to death, do you? No, you don't. But the thing is, I mean, that's really all he can do.

If you can't teleport, fly, transmute high-end, time travel, reality bend, soul destroy, power steal, mentally control objects, you aren't near a SF. Thanos can't do any of these unless he uses his stockpile of tech, which isn't allowed here.

Martian_mind
Funny how in that last part it was almost as though Pig was talking about Strange...... shifty

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Funny how in that last part it was almost as though Pig was talking about Strange...... shifty
Nah, I don't think he's close to Odin either.

But, do be near SF, you almost HAVE to have powers that are magical in nature. At the very least, powers that can duplicate magic and aren't vulnerable to magic....like power cosmic.

Honestly, although in comics it shows otherwise, I see Surfer as more powerful than Thanos. Thanos is simply more durable.
Superman is written more powerful in comics than people like Hal Jordan, but we all know he's not.

bigbran
Matter manip is. Cosmic Power is as well. I dealt with TP already.
Thanos doesn't have power cosmic TMK.. Thanos must have missed the memo on his own powers...
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3186/avengerscelestialquest0ux5.th.jpg

Did you miss the point? Strength isn't something that will win against a SF. Simple as that. It might... I could see him punching out some Skyfathers.

Odin can boost his strength with the odin power. Thanos can boost his strength too, I'm still not saying his strength is unlimited.

Still moot. He's not stronger than a SF. Thor stalemated Vishnu in h2h...
Unless, Vishnu isn't a Skyfather here... I see Thanos as more powerful than him.

Against physical based attacks? Yeah. Shields and enchantments. Odin made mjolnir with basically unlimited durability. No... three of the best blacksmiths in Asgard made Mjolnir...
Odin just gave it some of it's powers.

Also, Thanos dropped this hammer, with a field.

You didn't get the point at all, did you?

Thanos isn't as durable as a celestial or a SF, so that's moot.

A SF doesn't NEED to attack physically, therefore durability is next to useless. But, you just said that duribility doesn't matter to a Skyfather.

Wait... Thanos isn't as durible as some?

Anyway... all I have really seen is a Skyfather attack physically...
You also need to stop comparing Odin to Thanos...
Because, Odin's powers DON'T go for other Skyfathers.

Odin was killed by above-SF-magic and above-Thanos-power. You don't think Thanos could punch Odin to death, do you? No, you don't. But the thing is, I mean, that's really all he can do. No, but you just said that their bodies mean nothing to them.

Obviously they don't. This was a reason why Thanos isn't a Skyfather isn't it?

Also, this isn't Odin level, this is Skyfather. Odin is the most powerful Skyfather.

If you can't teleport, fly, transmute high-end, time travel, reality bend, soul destroy, power steal, mentally control objects, you aren't near a SF. Thanos can't do any of these unless he uses his stockpile of tech, which isn't allowed here. So... you are in someway implying that Strange = a Skyfather right?

Also, I don't remember about... all but one Skyfather doing even half of these powers.

So, we are using Thanos as his normal powers throughout the years? No objects, only forever power?
Where do you think Thanos got his power from?

Fly?
This is after Thanos activated the Power Cosmic that he doesn't have...
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6389/avengerscelestialquest0yt5.th.jpg

Also, where does giving someone immortality fit into the whole Skyfather debate?
*another thing on Power Cosmic, but this is of little importance... now*
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7151/deadpool06420tz1.th.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5421/deadpool06421pe5.th.jpg

OMG, THANOS GAVE HIM THE POWER TO NOT DIE... not a good... whatever it is, feat at all?
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7826/deadpool06422ty6.th.jpg

bigbran
Down...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.