Help..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
Does Barbossa know about Jack and Elizabeth?
Why did Barbossa aimed his gun at Elizabeth in the last cave scene in COTBP? Did he recognize Jack's weakness for Elizabeth Why would Barbossa want the curse lifted at that moment? Jack had a gun on him. He wouldn't want to become mortal right when someone has the desire and the wants to kill him? And, from what I remember, he wasn't even looking at Will. He just turns sorta quick and aims at Elizabeth.
In AWE do you think he knows Elizabeth kissed Jack.
In the early script of COTBP Barbossa advises Jack against falling for Elizabeth.

What do you think?

Captain's Wench
Lol you've been thinking about this for a while havent ya mate?

Chiki Mina
THat has been posted in WordPlayer. It's still there, I think smile

ludagurl3d
Originally posted by pirate_1987
Does Barbossa know about Jack and Elizabeth?
Why did Barbossa aimed his gun at Elizabeth in the last cave scene in COTBP? Did he recognize Jack's weakness for Elizabeth Why would Barbossa want the curse lifted at that moment? Jack had a gun on him. He wouldn't want to become mortal right when someone has the desire and the wants to kill him? And, from what I remember, he wasn't even looking at Will. He just turns sorta quick and aims at Elizabeth.
In AWE do you think he knows Elizabeth kissed Jack.
In the early script of COTBP Barbossa advises Jack against falling for Elizabeth.

What do you think?

LOL

1. I don't think he knows now. There's nothing the movies that supports this. But, that's not to say he won't know in AWE to some degree. In fact, from what I have been reading, a few people get more suspicious of them. Beckett, Teague, and Will, just to name a few.

2. I actually think him raising his gun to her was more plot driven than character driven. They had to make it look like he shot Elizabeth, but then we see Jack shot him. And I think Jack shot him more because it wad the oppourtune moment, not because of Elizabeth, but I could be wrong, because he does care about her in CotBP.

3. I know what script you are talking about, I've read it as well, and yes there is more JE in that movie. The triangle starts there. And if I recall correctly Jack says he'll try to remember his advice. TnT said they went back to CotBP and pulled as many things out as they could, maybe that was one of them.

pyratequeen
interesting consept. No, I don't think that Barbossa knows about the kiss, but it is possible that he knows aboput Jack's weakness for liz.

willofthewisp
I don't think he knew about any feelings in COTBP because there weren't any real feelings then, you know? And up until that point, he had never actually seen Jack and Liz together. He marooned them together, but he thought that was it and Jack would shoot her and starve to death. I think he aimed at Liz because she was closer to him than Will was and he was still bitter about that whole, "I'm not really a Turner" bit.

katelovespirate
mmm... my opinion is that barbossa had no clue Jack had his gun out at that point--- but i dont remember the sequencing. i think aiming the gun at elizabeth was more to try and prevent Will from breaking the curse than anything. Barbossa knows about Will's infatuation. and he looks shocked when Jack shoots him, as though he had no idea a threat would come from there at that moment.

Pirategirl85
Well I think barbosa will have a clue of Jack's weakness....We have becket and davy jones who know what is Jack's Weakness, I think In AWE we will see barbosa seeing that too....IN COTBP Barbosa warns Jack about Elizabeth, and I think in AWE the tension between Jack and lizzie will be notice that question will arise.....I know for one thing Tia dalma knew what Jack really wants from the very beginning.... wink

willofthewisp
I have to say I think only Tia right now has any actual idea that Jack may be seriously crushing on Liz. She's the only one to imply it, anyway. Beckett seems to imply Liz is crushing on Jack, but I don't find that very valid for various reasons, and Davy....isn't it the other way around with Davy being that Jack knows Davy's weakness? Jack seems to be the one in control when they start talking about love and all that. Davy looks about ready to fall apart and there's Jack with a big grin on his face knowing that he's holding his own against Davy Jones. But I think you're right that in AWE people will pick up on what's going on, Barbossa and the rest included.

Ericadawn
James knew that Liz could be crushing on Jack though.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I have to say I think only Tia right now has any actual idea that Jack may be seriously crushing on Liz. She's the only one to imply it, anyway. Beckett seems to imply Liz is crushing on Jack, but I don't find that very valid for various reasons, and Davy....isn't it the other way around with Davy being that Jack knows Davy's weakness? Jack seems to be the one in control when they start talking about love and all that. Davy looks about ready to fall apart and there's Jack with a big grin on his face knowing that he's holding his own against Davy Jones. But I think you're right that in AWE people will pick up on what's going on, Barbossa and the rest included.

and don't forget James Norrington...he's witnessed first hand what's going on between Jack and Liz...and he's caught Liz "thinking" about Jack...."It's a curious thing..."....in the DMC script...Davy hints to Jack that he may be interested in Liz himself.....

I think Barbossa is going to pick up on the tension between Jack, Liz and will and realize something is up....I read somewhere once upon a time....that Barbossa realizes Jack has a weakness...and some speculated that he will realize that it's Elizabeth....that's why Liz is unhealthy for Jack...she messes up his mind....his compass isn't working because of her...he is vunerable with her....he lets down his guard with her...shows his true side...

willofthewisp
Yeah, Norrington has actually gotten to observe them. What do you mean about Davy, though? The only thing I've heard him cut out is when he's playing that game with Will and he says only love could motivated someone to challenge him and that kind of love isn't meant to last. Will says, "It does if you pick the right woman" or something.

I totally agree that Barbossa is going to pick up on what's going on between Jack and Liz. He's pretty smart and he takes advantage of people's emotions. And Jack, well, he makes it pretty obvious he has it bad for her. I love how you phrase it as "she messes up his mind." That's perfect.

Ericadawn
No, he suggested that Jack wanted Will out of the way so he could pursue Will's betrothed himself.

lovethemtigers
it's the scene when Jack trades Will to Davy for his soul....it's in the script...but not the movie...but it goes like this:

Jack:...and did I mention he's in love?
Davy: Love? You think that matters to me?
Jack: Due to be married. To a lovely young lady. You hate that malarky.
Davymessedparrow, might this be a lady you are interested in for yourself?
Jack: Not remotely....but I could be if it helps make the deal.

lovethemtigers
^^^^eeks...i must have hit a wrong key...how did that little face get where there is suppose to be an S....LOL

Ericadawn
Oh because you didn't put a space between the : after Davy and S in Sparrow so it came out messed

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Ericadawn
Oh because you didn't put a space between the : after Davy and S in Sparrow so it came out messed

^^^oh..silly me... eek!

Ericadawn
No worries, happens to the best of us...

willofthewisp
I had no idea about that exchange there between Jack and Davy. Hmm. Makes one wonder, doesn't it? I have a feeling they cut it out because they wanted to save something for AWE, you know? I like the way it is now where Johnny finally gets to use his "terrific soprano" bit and the long pause that comes with "did I happen to mention he's in love.............with a girl?" I think I was the only one in the theater to laugh there.

lovethemtigers
I had no idea about that exchange there between Jack and Davy. Hmm. Makes one wonder, doesn't it? I have a feeling they cut it out because they wanted to save something for AWE, you know? I like the way it is now where Johnny finally gets to use his "terrific soprano" bit and the long pause that comes with "did I happen to mention he's in love.............with a girl?" I think I was the only one in the theater to laugh there.

I know...that's so funny...like "can you believe that eunich is actually in love with a girl..."....Jack is so funny when it comes to Will..he just loves picking on Will and giving Will a hard time...

IheartPocky

i love that part lol.. not many people laugh at it, thats true.

willofthewisp
Yeah, they just miss it or are still laughing from "terrific soprano." I just find that pause hilarious. "Yeah, I'm talking about Will and get this, a GIRL actually agreed to marry him and he likes her back! Talk about weird!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.