Ghost Recon DVD Rom problems?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidervlad
I bought a game, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for PC.
I have 2 comps, one my ordinary working one, the other a high end gaming comp. Now, I have a DVD R/RW on my high end coming one. On my ordinary I have just a DVD reader.

Now, for some odd reason, when I put it into my high end comping DVD R/RW, it doesn't load but makes some clicking noises for a like 30 seconds, and then stops loading it.

On my ordinary, it loads it normally :/

Since a DVD R/RW costs more and IS better, I have no idea why won't the disk load on my high end gaming comp.

Now, I have LOADS of DVD CD's Games which load perfectly on both comps.

The game is DVD-ROM btw

Any advice?

LinixCobra
If you can upgrade the firmware on the DVD R/RW then that might fix your problem.

Spidervlad
How do I do that?

LinixCobra
What kind of PC do you have? If you can get technical support for it then I suggest you call them.

Spidervlad
Custom made : /

LinixCobra
thats even better, just call the shop and ask them why it doesnt play this game and if maybe they can replace the DVD drive for free or at a discount.

Spidervlad
I updated itfrom te 08 version to CO, or something like that.
It still doesn't load and makes clicking noises while loading.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I updated itfrom te 08 version to CO, or something like that.
It still doesn't load and makes clicking noises while loading.
I think that your DVD-Writer is not at fault. You better get your game replaced or inform the shop keeper of your problem.

Spidervlad
Look, they tested the game and it worked on their comp, I put in the game into my other comp and it recognized it. Which is weird, because my other comp has a DVD REader, and this one is a DVD WRITER.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Look, they tested the game and it worked on their comp, I put in the game into my other comp and it recognized it. Which is weird, because my other comp has a DVD REader, and this one is a DVD WRITER.
If your DVD-Writer runs other DVD Discs fine then it is not at fault.

But you can always use your DVD-ROM for this game. Remove it from your 2nd computer and install it in your gaming computer and enjoy the game. But if this is a problem then buy a separate DVD-ROM for your gaming system.

Spidervlad
I don't want to buy a seperate DVD-ROM, because this DVD Writer should have been a DVD ROM+ One that records. Costs more.

Spidervlad
So, anyone know a solution?

LinixCobra
I already told you to take the PC back to the shop you bought it from and ask then whats wrong with the DVD/R player. There is no magical phrase or software that will fix it. From what you have said the DVD player wont run your game and if that doesnt turn your lightbulb on then theres no way it will get fixed. I know what I would do but if you do not know much about firmware or drivers then I dont recommend you do that yourself, just let a professional handle it.

Spidervlad
WTF! I was playing Company of Heroes and then wanted to play DarkStar One, and just for the heck of it I tried putting in the Ghost Recon disk again. And it worked. What the hell is up with that? Also, I noticed that sometimes when I start my PC the PC starts making the same clicking noises at the beginning of start up as it did when it couldn't read Ghost Recon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.