ESB is THE best SW Movie, period.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marxman
I looked for an ESB appreciation thread and I couldn't find it. And I was watching ESB today and was compelled to make this.

Empire Strikes Back is THE best Star Wars movie, period.

We have Imperial Walkers being brought down by tow cables!
We have Liea being a total whore and hooking up with both Luke and Han!
We have the training on Dagobah!
We have Vader pwning an Imperial Officer over a vid screen!
We have Yoda's philosophical ramblings on the Force (Do or do not, *****)!
We have the Dark Side Cave!
We have Cloud fcuking City!
We have, for the first, and sadly last time, C-3PO shutting the fcuk up!
We have Han Solo being frozen into a ornament (one which we all wish we had)!
We have the baddest lightsaber battle in the OT!
We have the one second that will forever change the way Luke Skywalker masturbates!
We have THE revelation in movie history, "Luke, I am your father."
We have Mark Hammil turning into a chipmunk after aforementioned revelation!
We have Luke hanging onto the antenna looking thing with one hand (beastly)!
Oh yea, how could I forget the best thing about it.

TAUN-TAUNS!!!

Post your love for ESB here.

I guess you can post your hate for it too, if that's possible.

Tangible God
ESB's romantic scenes were NOTHING compared to the class act of Natalie Portman's and Hayden Christenson's scenes in AOTC or ROTS. Oscar worthy performances man, Ford and Fisher got nothin' on those Bogart and Bergman's of SW. AOTC all the way!

ROTS was cooler, with more action and explosions, so it's better than ESB.

ESB's acting was excellent, it had a terrific blend of humor, action, drama, romance (all performed flawlessly), so obviously it BLOWS! WOOT!!! ROTS's wooden and obviously scripted acting and overused CGI trumps ESB anyday! WOOT!

Yup, I think I'm set to win the debate of the century.

Alliance
ESB is good, but its not the best. Sorry.

(and your poll phails)

Marxman
Originally posted by Alliance
ESB is good, but its not the best. Sorry.Just wondering, what's your favorite?
(and your poll phails) You know you love it. You want to vote. Go 'head. Do it, you bad boy.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Marxman
Empire Strikes Back is THE best Star Wars movie, period.
Of course it is...anyone who thinks otherwise...well...can't say they know a whole lot about movies.

Count Makashi
The best is ROTJ, the best title, happy ending, great space battle, just hated the Ewoks, why couldn't have ben the Wokies.

Alliance
You know you love it. You want to vote. Go 'head. Do it, you bad boy.

You make it sound like we're haveing kinky buttsecks.

Just wondering, what's your favorite?
TPM-ESB all have a certain base level of likability to them. The only movie I really don't like is ROTJ. That being said, my favorite fluctuates from time to time.

ESB is one the best, but AOTC is better.

PiruBlood
esb is the best i dont care who denys it. and honestly rots is second best.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PiruBlood
esb is the best i dont care who denys it. and honestly rots is second best.

^^^Said if for me.

Empire is the best SW film, period.

ROTS is really F-Ing good too, though.

Next is ANH, then TPM, then ATOC, and lastly JEDI.

But Empire will always remain my favorite.

queeq
ESB rules...

vintageSW77
its the one that gets watched the most in our house
with Jedi second............underated and due praise in the light of the PT
ANH third
ROTS fourth
and TPM for the nostalgia factor of the buzz leading up to it comes in at fifth

AOTC just sits there gathering dust with The Planet of the Apes remake in the naughty corner of my DVD collection

queeq
laughing out loud

Although.... I do think I prefer Burton's PotA to AOTC... maybe.

sithsaber408
^^^ Heresy.

AOTC pWnZ.

Marxman
I'm most likely to fall asleep while watching AOTC than any of the other. It lacks depth from when Anakin and Padame walk on the refugee transport to when Anakin owns the Sand People.

Tangible God
I'm most likely to fall asleep while watching AOTC than any of the other. It lacks depth from when Anakin and Padame walk on the refugee transport to when Anakin owns the Sand People. You too huh?

EPIIIBITES
I love AOTC...but it's a terrible example of moviemaking.

As a movie, it has as much depth and makes as much sense as watching a DVD of all of Bjork's music videos and trying to get a movie out of it...but they're both just as beautiful to watch.

queeq
But pretty pictures don't a good movie make. AOTC sucks.

Count Makashi
AOTC is a great movie, it has Count Dooku in it, com on.

queeq
So? It has one good character... it lacks story, substance, depth....

Marxman
And ESB has all of that. clap

EPIIIBITES
Yayyyyyy!!!

(PS. I love the poll set-up...that's awsome).

queeq
YAAAAYYYY

Poll set up rules.

Marxman
I try. blushing

Mr Parker
Yeah it is.The next best is the original star wars-A New Hope.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Count Makashi
The best is ROTJ, the best title, happy ending, great space battle, just hated the Ewoks, why couldn't have ben the Wokies. sick sick

thumb down thumb down thumb down

Rampant ox
AOTC is a great movie, it has Count Dooku in it, com on.

*Agrees and runs out of thread*

vintageSW77
Rampant have you evere heard Mr Lees albums ???

Rampant ox
Yes, I have a signed copy of one. One of my most prized possesions.

vintageSW77
excellent
he has a great singing voice

my dad gave me my first two names after the great man

Ushgarak
I'm hardly going to argue,.

Though other than the happy meeting of all the minds behind the creation of the final product that was ESB, it also benefitted from a. not having to set anything up and b. not having to tie anything up. Two things that cause trouble in a lot of films.

Count Makashi
TPM and AOTC war probably the most difficult movies to make,they had to connect the PT to OT, they had to invent a lot of stuff, but still had to make it logically fit in. When making the OT George Lucac had complete freedom to write what ever he wanted, but in the PT he had to make interesting movies, that people will go watch, but still had to explain everything logically(like creation of stormtroopers, why did Anakin turn to the Dark side...) they wore much more challenging from the story point of wiev.

EPIIIBITES

queeq
Well, I take is as SW. The thing that bothers me most about AOCT in particluar (and the PT in general) is that Lucas did not have any restrictions like he did on the OT. And yet, they fall short miserably to those ones, especially when one starts including the difficulties of getting something like SW made in the 70s and early 80s.

And I still rate ANH second and ROTS third. So why did AOTC and TPM nto even come close to those three? Lack of storytelling abilities on Lucas's part I think... and a yes-man for a producer.

EPIIIBITES
It's pretty clear why AOTC is my second fave, and why Alliance always says it's the best.

I myself am a graphic artist...nothing compared to him (he's pretty freakin amazing actually), and I think we might look for something different in SW movies compared to what other people look for. Ans as far as the graphics and fantasy art go, that movie is out of this world.

I've said it before...I think it's most beautiful movie put to film....One Picasso after another as far as I'm concerned. And that gives an ethereal, other worldly feel more than the other movies I think. In that sense, I think it's an accomplishment.

Tangible God
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
It's pretty clear why AOTC is my second fave, and why Alliance always says it's the best.

I myself am a graphic artist...nothing compared to him (he's pretty freakin amazing actually), and I think we might look for something different in SW movies compared to what other people look for. Ans as far as the graphics and fantasy art go, that movie is out of this world.

I've said it before...I think it's most beautiful movie put to film....One Picasso after another as far as I'm concerned. And that gives an ethereal, other worldly feel more than the other movies I think. In that sense, I think it's an accomplishment. There's no doubt it's the most visually impressing and appealing movie of the Saga, hell of all movies.

It's just that, it seems like overkill when you put such amazing scenery and artistry next to so much wooden acting, cheesy dialog, corny romance, and drawn out acts.

Marxman
Originally posted by Tangible God
There's no doubt it's the most visually impressing and appealing movie of the Saga, hell of all movies.

It's just that, it seems like overkill when you put such amazing scenery and artistry next to so much wooden acting, cheesy dialog, corny romance, and drawn out acts. Yea. I feel as if the entire PT put visual beauty and special effects above the story of Star Wars. That's why I feel it falls short of the OT.

Now let me get this out there, I like every single Star Wars movie. If someone pulled out a Star Wars movie, I'd watch it. If I'm flipping through the channels and a Star Wars movie is on, I'll watch it. No matter what it is. However, I think ESB is best followed by ANH, ROTS, TPM, ROTJ, and AOTC.

Alliance
It definitely is.

I've been trying to stay out of this as I really don't want to spend the time debating opinion, but I'll try to clarify my position.

To me, all SW movies are defined by crappy acting and sub-par plot. I think the OT is on average better than the PT, but I accept this as part of the saga. I feel most people over-glorify the OT because its societally accepted (in the SW community and out) as a "classic." I think Lucas' flaws as a filmmaker have been apparent throughout the saga.

The PT is different than the OT. One of the great things about the PT is the art. The OT had a great artistic bend to it, but Lucas was limited by technology. He could still create atmosphere (the famous "used-future" that we all know and love) but he couldn't do it anywhere near the scale of the PT.

TPM was a reboot for Lucas in a lot of ways, but artistically the whole saga changed. Lucas was more willing to tolerate the "not-so-used future." Maybe he was just riding the wave of neo-romanticism/surrealism that dominated theatre was born in 1999, but Lucas created visions that the OT couldn't seemingly dream of. He kicked it right of the bat with the swim Ooth Gunga. I also still withhold that the Naboo space battle is the most beautiful space battle in Star Wars.

Yet TPM had its artistic weaknesses. Lucas was trying to make a new foothold and he hadn't yet quite packed down the groud.

Ignoring what he did wrong in TPM, AOTC was a slam dunk artistically. The rolling seascapes of Kamino, the Renaissance villas of Naboo, the twirling spires of Geonosis, even lesser sets like the rings around Geonosis or the rocky monoliths on Tatooine are among the most well developed and significant designs in the Saga. Kamino, imo, is perhaps the most perfectly designed race/culture in the history of film.

Not only is the art of AOTC stunning, but these sequences happen bang-bang-bang, one right after the other thought the entire film. Its just completely inspiring. AND, even better, they all FIT together. It doesn't have the sudden jolty switches of TPM or (especially) ROTS.

I know a lot of people don't watch movies for art direction or cinematography, but I do. NOTHING in the saga compares to the Geonosis sequence, which even outshines Hoth (which was my longstanding favorites since I first saw SW).

Meh...that was more rambling than I wanted.

vintageSW77
Its a much needed sequence and very nicely done but the Geonosis sequence is like watching one up from a pixar flick at times
the human characters look like they are out of place on some mad 3D CGI planet...an update of Roger Rabbit or worse Space Jam
PT kids always moan about the ropey Tauntaun in ESB but that was a brief scene......this is CGI overkill for half an hour and id rather have a Ray Harryhausen job than Anakin riding the reek(apt name...........it stinks) its a low in the effects of the whole saga
all it is a ****ing expensive cartoon....the scenery is beautiful but the rest doesnt gel
and its the sequence that pretty much ****ed up any notion of the Jedi being great warriors.........all we get are a bunch of extras running about jumping on and off ships with the odd lightsabre swipe here and there

another major pain in the arse is the use of CGI for the troopers....something i never understood
ok for mass fight sequences but why use them for close ups
theres nothing as bad as the clonetrooper who picks up Obi Wans lightsabre in ROTS but it really is a pointless exercise when
there are dudes all over the world who can knock up Clonetrooper suits in a week with all the colours of the rainbow painted on (Hasbro again making money from the figure collecting fans....the different coloured troopers) im sure it would have saved a lot of time for ILM if they used men in suits and they could have spent the time saved working on making the non human CGI jedi e.g Duckface and Horseface look slightly realistic as opposed to something off a low budget cgi kids show
in my opinion i think ILM only pull of realistic Clonetroopers in one scene in the whole of the 2 movies and its in ROTS........the scene where they tell Bail to "do one" prior to despatching Lucas kid....i have my suspicions that they ARE men in suits...they look too good in comparison

as for the score its just a rehash of the TPM theme with odd bits from the TPM playstation game chucked in which is shocking.its ok to use motiffs but that was just lazy
add the line "excellent" quoted by Yoda which always reminds me of Bill and Ted and the cringeworthy "aggressive negotiations" bit and it all adds to the shit stew.

there ARE a few good things in AOTC
this being one of the few
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/cylob46/padme_white_promo9.jpg

overlord
I like Bespin. BTW, I'm different, I voted the below YES option. I rock.

vintageSW77
Bespin is beautiful

Tangible God
It's beyond my own comprehension of how to look at a movie and not see the acting, script, etc. AOTC is certainly the most stunning in artistry, and its CGI use is rather well done, (though I do admit, the Arena Sequence does seem to overdo it).

But most people would agree that SW has always been about more than graphics and special effects, there are stories to tell and characters to tell them. If movies, or even just Sci-Fi relied on nothing but scenery to sell tickets and win over crowds, then Alien, Star Trek, Star Wars, a numerous other films and shows, would have failed miserably at their beginning.

And to be fair, the OT was visually impressive when it was released. Give it 20 years and people will be criticizing AOTC for its use of archaic computer images and graphics.

vintageSW77
for all ILMs post 83 SW efforts the rubbery Rancor and Greedo piss all over virtual Jar Jar and the Ronto

sithsaber408
Originally posted by vintageSW77

there ARE a few good things in AOTC
this being one of the few
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/cylob46/padme_white_promo9.jpg

WOW.

Usually Natalie's arse looks a little more flat.

Can you post the original pic?

queeq
Yes!!

AOTC also had some of the worst CGI scenes: OB1 slinging from a rope, the Shaaks....

Alliance
Originally posted by Tangible God
And to be fair, the OT was visually impressive when it was released. Give it 20 years and people will be criticizing AOTC for its use of archaic computer images and graphics.

No. CGI is not that much of a factor in the imagery.

VISUAL talent is not defined by CGI. Its defined cinematographically and artistically.

Please don't take a valid opinon for being all google-eyed over special effects. If I chose a SW movie base on CGI impact, I would have to choose Star Wars as it meant 1000% more to film than any of the other movies.

Tangible God

VISUAL talent is not defined by CGI. Its defined cinematographically and artistically.

Please don't take a valid opinon for being all google-eyed over special effects. If I chose a SW movie base on CGI impact, I would have to choose Star Wars as it meant 1000% more to film than any of the other movies. It might be the apple pie from McDonald's, but... huh?

Alliance

EPIIIBITES

Exactly.

If it was down to the best CGI, I'd pick ROTS easily. But as far as the actual "artistry" goes, AOTC is pretty much a masterpiece...I'd put it up there with The 5th Element for that kinda stuff...

...And still, as far as singling out things like Ben swinging off the wire or the Shaaks...you gotta think that there's proably 50 incredible effects to each one bad effect in that movie.

I mean they built a freakin' virtual outer space city...different districts and all! That's ginormous!!!

Tangible God
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Exactly.

If it was down to the best CGI, I'd pick ROTS easily. But as far as the actual "artistry" goes, AOTC is pretty much a masterpiece...I'd put it up there with The 5th Element for that kinda stuff...

...And still, as far as singling out things like Ben swinging off the wire or the Shaaks...you gotta think that there's proably 50 incredible effects to each one bad effect in that movie.

I mean they built a freakin' virtual outer space city...different districts and all! That's ginormous!!! Just don't forget that Lucas truly, deeply, loves you.

EPIIIBITES
Yes. I know that. yes.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by sithsaber408
WOW.

Usually Natalie's arse looks a little more flat.

Can you post the original pic?

sure
prob one of my fave SW pics ever

i got to agree with EPIII the Coruscant sequences in the Prequels are great ......definite highlights of the PT

vintageSW77
another of that suit

Marxman
another of that suit *slides underneath*

queeq
Naughty.

vintageSW77
after posting pics and getting the SW buzz again i watched about 25 mins of Empire last night and it has its faults
not one member of the rebellion on Hoth apart from General Waldorf Salad can say their lines as if they werent reading them from a far off autocue
and the inserted Wampa stuff from the S.E doesnt run as smooth as i thought

its still better than the PT but there is bad stuff in there

Tangible God
There's bad stuff in LOTR too, but I'm not gonna let that be the reason for saying the movie sucks. Which it doesn't.

Alliance
Its a trap, LOL.

queeq
It's not flawless.... but then, what masterpiece is.

JaehSkywalker
ESB and ANH keeps changing ranks from time to time in my list. 1 and 2 and vise versa.. srug

vintageSW77
i think Empire benefits from having less non human characters
and while i love most of the OT aliens from ANH and ROTJ thats the prequels biggest mistake...its chocka with them

queeq
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
ESB and ANH keeps changing ranks from time to time in my list. 1 and 2 and vise versa.. srug

No problem... they are the best two of the series.

Alliance
ANH should always have a special place at No.1, just with a star next to its name.

queeq
Sweet.

But from you that's rather special: it has no clones.

Count Makashi
ANH is not the best, it doesn't have Count Dooku.

vintageSW77
ANH may not have Dooku but it does have human characters without freaky CGI nightmare face replacements that do realistic sommersaults

Count Makashi
What are you talking about, the somersault was realistic, he learned it in circus, when he was a kid.

queeq
Dooku is good. But he was in AOTC, easily the worst SW movie of the saga. So Dooku-ness is no garantee for a good movie.

Alliance
mad

Dooku was a flat character, didn't really help or hurt AOTC or ROTS

Rampant ox
I like Dooku. ninja

queeq
mad

Yes it did. Once Dooku entered, AOTC suddenly got somewhat interesting.... after 70 minutes!!!! mad

Alliance
Yawn.

queeq
THat's how felt during most of AOTC.

Nellis Munn
Without Dooku the CIS werent of been born also the clones.

Count Makashi
mad

Blasphemy.

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
THat's how felt during most of AOTC.

Were wou watching the movie or masturbating?

Blasphemy.

ORLY

Count Makashi
What?
Count Dooku rulez.

overlord
zOMG, original trilogy did not feature the mighty Plo Ploon. Why didn't they replace Yoda with him? messed

vintageSW77
Were wou watching the movie or masturbating?

ANH = Blown away by the intro,the introduction of iconic characters,a great punch your hand in the air ending etc
ESB = Iconic characters given a little depth,the greatest reveal in movie history,a truly great cliffhanger ending leading to 3 years of waiting to see what happens next etc
ROTJ = The introduction of the Emperor,A great gangs all here intro,Quite possibly the finest space battle EVER etc

AOTC = Natalie Portmans arse

maybe some of us were masturbating as that was the only kick we got from AOTC or as it should now be known - STAR WARS EPISODE 2: THE ANIMATED SERIES TEST RUN

queeq
laughing out loud

Count Makashi
You forgot Count Dooku.

queeq
Yeah yeah, we know your beef by now.

Count Makashi
Count Dooku is the mega super grand ultra greatest, coolest, awesome-st, best, most likable to infinity, thing that happened to SW, or just about anyhinting in the world. stick out tongue

General G
Count Dooku is the mega super grand ultra greatest, coolest, awesome-st, best, most likable to infinity, thing that happened to SW, or just about anyhinting in the world. stick out tongue

We aren't counting General Grievous in this pole are we?

Count Makashi
GG is also cool, but not as much as Dooku.

Alliance
This thread is boring.

Blaxican
Like yo momma was last night!

... sorry the black in me couldn't help it.

Alliance
Then let the Mexican come forth.

And I'm glat my mom was boring. Means nothing happend that shouldn't have.

Blaxican
Not really, she just kind of laid their while I went to town on her...

Esse.

EDIT: eek! laughing eek!

I just saw your avatar...

Alliance
Lets be gueys and stop dissin eachother's mamas.

Count Makashi
I never said a word, about anybods mam, im better then that.

Alliance
But you said Dooku, which is even more insulting.

General G
GG is also cool, but not as much as Dooku.

Switch that around and it is all good wink

queeq
OKay okay... everyone just keeps repeating what he likes:
Makashi likes Dooku
Alliance likes Clones
And General G likes Ewoks...
Now stop repeating yourselves.

Count Makashi
Just likes, i adore Count Dooku, he is the epithamy of coolness. When people used to say like, hey man your cool, now they say, hey man your Dooku. Or like Kobi Bryant is incredible atlet, they say, Kobi Bryant is Dooku. Thats avesome-thats Dooku. Your the best-Your Dooku. On so on, you get my point.

Blaxican
OKay okay... everyone just keeps repeating what he likes:
Makashi likes Dooku
Alliance likes Clones
And General G likes Ewoks...
Now stop repeating yourselves.

You didn't list what I liked... sad

Nellis Munn
And i like Plo Koon.... muahahaha

queeq
Originally posted by Blaxican
You didn't list what I liked... sad

Must we care? stick out tongue

vintageSW77
im quite put out that you didnt post what i dont like about the PT

then again life is too short

Count Makashi
PT rocks, what are you talking about. It has Count Dooku.

vintageSW77
..............then i had to go and open my big mouth

queeq
im quite put out that you didnt post what i dont like about the PT

then again life is too short

But in your case you know I agree with you.

Count Makashi
PT is good, the acting in the OT wasn't great either, the only thing t6hat bothered me from acting point of wiev wore Jar Jar and kid Anakin, he was really bad, you could see he was just reading from boards.

queeq
Hayden sure didn't act his best, I've seen him way better.

Count Makashi
It depend allot with the director and a script and i think he did an ok job.

queeq
Exactly.

Count Makashi
You mean exactly, Count Dooku rulez, thats great queeq.

queeq
The job was OK...

Count Makashi
Ok, it was great, he deserved an Oscar.

Alliance
You deserve a time out in the corner.

Count Makashi
I deserve a medal, for being so brave, to tell the truth. stick out tongue

Alliance
No Star Wars actor EVER deserves a medal for acting except for Sir Alec Guiness in ANH. End of story.

queeq
And maybe Ford in ESB.

Rampant ox
There are only 3 actors in the SW Saga that deserved Oscars. Sir Alec Guiness, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. They easily gave the best performances I think.

Closely followed would be McDiarmid - but I personally dont think he was quite on the level of the above.

Alliance
Appently you need to re-evaliate what type of acting warrants an Oscar.

megadeus
Episode 4 is my personal favorite, then ESB.

Count Makashi
Appently you need to re-evaliate what type of acting warrants an Oscar.

Dookus performance was great, it deserved an Oscar, End of story.

queeq
Oh come on.

Count Makashi
It has to be said, if brave mean don't tell the truth, justice wont be done.

Alliance
Fanboys...

queeq
Ridiculous.

Count Makashi
Fanboys...

And you aren't a Fanboy of Clones?

General G
Fanboys...

Wouldn't you say that the clones deserved some sort of award for their performance Alliance?

vintageSW77
i think they deserve for the Award of waste of time using CGI when we could have knocked up a dozen clone suits and put actors in them leaving them looking a tad more realistic

I mean look at the differance

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/cylob46/stanh3.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/cylob46/Commander20Bacara.jpg

vintageSW77
i must point out that as much as i dislike the descision to go CGI with them in the movies i am looking forward to seeing the Clonetroopers in action in the 3D animated series

or have we seen that already

Alliance
The difference being one the shot of Bacara is poor quality and clone armor doesn't stay on Humans very well.

There was nothing wrong with the CGI of clones in the PT. CGI failed in some places, but I honestly was happy witht he clones.

vintageSW77
even the one that picks up Kenobis lightsabre on Utapa and the one that Yoda decapitates on Chewies planet?

i thought those two were very poor...i just dont understand why he went for CGI
the only time they came off as convincing was in scenes set in the dark e.g Mustafar and Coruscant

what was the reason for going all CGI for them?

queeq
CG clones were fine to me. Mixing them with live action heads, that kinda made my stomach turn.

Count Makashi
Clones are awesome, not like Stormtroopers- this doors are locked, lets mowe on. Apparently you can protect yourself from the Empire, just by locking the dor. If rebels locked the Eko base on Hoth, imperial forces would never be able to enter it.

queeq
What a lame argument.

Count Makashi
Which happens to be true and you have to admit, that in that scene on Tatoine, they kin of embarrassed themselves.

Alliance
CG clones were fine to me. Mixing them with live action heads, that kinda made my stomach turn.

Yeah, but what do you do. You can't magically switch to a live actor. Least is was better than the damn dooku head in the hanger duel in AOTC.

However, I was very happy they were shown buckets off.

General G
Yeah, it made them seem more "human" in a way

vintageSW77
Yeah, but what do you do. You can't magically switch to a live actor. Least is was better than the damn dooku head in the hanger duel in AOTC.

However, I was very happy they were shown buckets off.

i dont know why they didnt film the same guy in armour in various poses and multiply instead of creating multiple CGI bodies with the same head

i just dont think its convincing
i just watched a clip of Spidey in Spiderman3 and they still havent nailed that either
cgi is fine for backgrounds,ships etc but for the living.....i dont think they got it yet and thats means Gollum too
and the humanoid/alien/beast CGI in the OT spec Ed and PT are going to date a lot quicker than the OOT because of this
just look at the Spec Ed ....even the CGI Rontos and cantina aliens look shite
and lets not talk about the Dewback Stormtroopers!

queeq
Yeah, why didn't they just dress up Morrison in a Clone Trooper suit. It worked for Hamill and Ford in ANH.

And I disgree about Tatooine: why would stormies blow open every door. The reasoning that a door is locked and therefor droids would not have access themselves is fair. And for not getting all locals against you, it may be wise not to go about and destroy everything....

Count Makashi
The droids had plans about the Death Star, Empire knew they wore on the planet, they had take any means possible and i don't think they worried much about the locals, they are the Empire, they control the universe, locals wouldn't dare go against them.

queeq
Then you don't understand much about occupation.

General G
The droids had plans about the Death Star, Empire knew they wore on the planet, they had take any means possible and i don't think they worried much about the locals, they are the Empire, they control the universe, locals wouldn't dare go against them.

But what if those locals have plans to the almighty and powerful Death Star?

queeq
Exactly. Any occupying force that wants to maintain a certain degree of presence and control doesn't go about destroying and shooting about.

coolmovies
Laugh it up fuzz ball lolz ESB rules the galaxcy big grin

Alliance
Ok, and AOTC rules the Galaxy.

vader11
Not the best. You can only choose yes in the poll?

Tangible God
Ok, and AOTC rules the Galaxy. Aha.

A ha ha ha.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Not quite.

Alliance
Quite.

queeq
Nope.

PiruBlood
esb is the best imv. with rots in the second followed by rotj in 3rd with anh in 4th and aotc in 5 and tpm in the last dead #6 spot.

queeq
You should move ANH up in that list.

vintageSW77
im blown away that Kershener didnt direct all of ESB
Lucas directed Lukes scenes with the robotic hand and him putting his X wing jump suit on,Kurtz directed a couple and another guy whos name i forgot directed a portion of the Carbon freezing scenes
Kershener didnt direct anything that contained bluescreen and hated dealing with effects
I know they have second units but i thought Kersh did all of it

Alliance
You should move ANH up in that list.

and AOTC and TPM

vader11
ROTS

yettoh
tpm is the best cuz it has fishies

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>