Wolverine vs Silver Surfer H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
Ok, Surfer doesn't get his board, his blasts, telepathy, or amping.

He only has his natural skills, reflexes, strength and duribility.

Wolverine has his claws. etc.

They fight in... New York.

I thought this might be interesting, since we know Surfer would own Wolves with his powers, but how would he do in h2h.

So, who wins?

Tron
So it's basically Wolverine against Norrin Radd. Do we really need to answer this one?

bigbran
Originally posted by Tron
So it's basically Wolverine against Norrin Radd. Do we really need to answer this one? It says Silver Surfer...

Hey, you're back!

Soljer
Reflexes?

He still wtfpwns Wolverine. The guy dodges meteors whilst going at hundreds of times the speed of light. No little canuck has a chance of connecting.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by bigbran
It says Silver Surfer...

Hey, you're back! And with the really good sig!! eek!

SS wins 10/10 though.

grey fox
I'm pretty sure Surfer needs to amp himself to go above class 50

bigbran
Originally posted by grey fox
I'm pretty sure Surfer needs to amp himself to go above class 50 confused

How do you figure this?

tkitna
I'm still going with Surfer. He's much faster and stronger. Face it, he busted the Abominations ass in H2H.

bigbran
OK, this is now Beserker Wolverine.

Martian_mind
HOLY SH$T I SAW TRON!!!!

Accel
Surfer's reflexes regarding the movement of his arms doesn't match his ability to fly through space at warp speeds.

Wolverine can get some swipes in, but the question would really be if he could stab Surfer or not.

StarsNeverFall7
Considering the shiney naked man travels through space, meteors, black holes, vaccums, etc... the adamantium shouldn't do squat...

then again, it shouldnt do squat against Thanos espically with the IG, but we see where that got us...

Accel
Black holes would be the biggest argument that Wolverine couldn't cut Surfer, but Thanos has been through a black hole without even utilizing any super-speed and Wolverine's shown to cut him...

StarsNeverFall7
Sad but true..

In actual terms of characters by powerset, Wolverine shouldn't be able to damage Surfer in the slightest...

Knowing Wolverine and how he is written, he takes down Surfer with ease..

don't shiv
BEserker Deathverine could, would and should take advantage of Surfer's protection-less weiner and slice it up with a trademark fast draw adamantium claw special

StarsNeverFall7
roll eyes (sarcastic)

thumb down

don't shiv
not my fault Norrin is a nudist

Tshern
Originally posted by Accel
Surfer's reflexes regarding the movement of his arms doesn't match his ability to fly through space at warp speeds.

Wolverine can get some swipes in, but the question would really be if he could stab Surfer or not.
Well Silver Surfer took an all-out punch to face from She-Hulk and didn't even flinch.

don't shiv
LOL she hulk hits like a girl

Tshern
Surprisingly, yes.

long pig
Surfer is high-end 100cl without amping. He's h2h knocked Hulk out without amping.

His reflexes and speed is above lightspeed even without his board. He's done the whole "I punch so fast that it looks like I got a thousand arms and create sonic booms by swinging punching" thing before.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, Wolvie won't be able to cut him. Thanos' and Surfer's durability are different. Surfer is nearly as hard as b grade adamantium all the time, Thanos is only invulnerable when he forces his body to be that way.

Surfer one punch k.o's him.

blind faith
SS FTW 10/10. One Word: Speed.

Enough said.

Priest
whistling
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950100gd.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950111rx.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950122qy.jpg
http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950138zq.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950148dp.jpg

Surfer would still destroy wolverine in h2h combat. He would still be faster and have a much higher durability.
Another thing to add is Surfer is a class 100 easily without amping.. we can assume he's a class 100 with him grappling the hulk, he'll KO wolverine with one shot.

Acrosurge
Surfer would still destroy wolverine in h2h combat. He would still be faster and have a much higher durability.
Another thing to add is Surfer is a class 100 easily without amping.. we can assume he's a class 100 with him grappling the hulk, he'll KO wolverine with one shot. I'll cosign with this. Plus, even if Wolverine manages to stab Surfer (ala Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet), does anyone know if such a puncture wound would even kill Surfer? With the Power Cosmic, his insides aren't necessarily human. The 616 version has never been cut like that, to my knowledge.

Rick/Genis
I think the thread was meant to be based on fighting ability... in that respect, Wolverine would win 10/10. If this post was meant as including silver surfers power cosmic exoshield thingy... then this is borderline spite.

Soljer
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I think the thread was meant to be based on fighting ability... in that respect, Wolverine would win 10/10. If this post was meant as including silver surfers power cosmic exoshield thingy... then this is borderline spite.

The original poster specified skill, strength, durability, and reflexes.

Reflexes alone are enough to make sure that Wolverine's claws are never even CLOSE to touching the Surfer.

The Surfer's Hulk level strength is enough to liquefy Wolverine over and over again.

The Surfer would probably be able to be cut, but that's not the question here - as Wolverine'd never get a chance to.

Endless Mike
Uni - Lord crushed Surfer down to bits and he regenerated

Bransolute
Bump.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Bransolute
Bump.

The Great Galen
Reported, you did this to intentionally spite me so thats considered trolling.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Reported, you did this to intentionally spite me so thats considered trolling. no expression

Then I spited you before you joined the forum. laughing out loud

Anyway, reported for spam.

---

Anyone willing to give an opinion of the fight?

The Great Galen
Logan 10/10, im talking to bads about ur constant baiting by the way.

Red Hulk
Logan 10/10, im talking to bads about ur constant baiting by the way. May I ask why you think Logan wins 10/10?

What are you even talking about? It's a baseless accusation, and can you please stick to the topic?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Anyone willing to give an opinion of the fight?

I pretty much agree with what long pig and Priest said. Surfer destroys Wolverine every time. Easily. He's got on panel nanosecond reaction speed, easily class 100 strength without amping, and as seen in Planet Hulk - he can fight pretty well when not blasting/warping/manipulating/flying.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Enyalus
I pretty much agree with what long pig and Priest said. Surfer destroys Wolverine every time. Easily. He's got on panel nanosecond reaction speed, easily class 100 strength without amping, and as seen in Planet Hulk - he can fight pretty well when not blasting/warping/manipulating/flying.

So he's used nanosecond reaction in h2h combat....what MA level r u talking about amd more importantly is it even comparabls wit logan.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk
May I ask why you think Logan wins 10/10?

What are you even talking about? It's a baseless accusation, and can you please stick to the topic?

Better MA, faster h2h.

Red Hulk
Better MA, faster h2h. Even if, you still have to factor in massive strength advantage, and it's debatable whether Surfer gets stabbed or not. If he does get stabbed, I see it highly improbable that it comes from a slash, so that leaves only straight attacks, which would be highly risky for Wolverine, and not to mention, Surfer could still fight after a couple stabbings.

Also, Surfer has dealt with beings better at MA than him, and faster h2h if true. Hell, he tagged Gany (and her level is able to completely embarrass Terrax), and has KO'ed Midnight Sun.

If Wolverine is better at those two, then it doesn't seal the deal IMO.

Anyway, I think Surfer will be able to keep up with him through everything, and probably even be a step ahead, so what I see after that...

Enyalus
So he's used nanosecond reaction in h2h combat....what MA level r u talking about amd more importantly is it even comparabls wit logan.

Well let's see, Logan knows most (all?) of Earth's martial arts and has been around for a little over 200 years. Surfer traverses galaxies and dimensions, and has been around for...who knows how long. He's taken on opponents who do have far superior MA ability than Logan (Gamora, Gladiator), which means he's got to know something.

darthgoober
Didn't Surfer grab Spidey and Daredevil out of the air by the throat mid leap when they went charging in on him? I'd say he's got more than enough speed to deal with Wolverine...

ultimatethor
Better MA, faster h2h.

This must be a joke. Oh wait im sure u will come with the arguement that wolverine armbars or puts him in a hammerlock for d in. roll eyes (sarcastic)
olverine has no way of even hurting SS in the slightest.

darthgoober
Is Wolverine faster than an energy blast? If you put him in a mirrored room and fired off something like Supes's heat vision could Wolverine bounce around the room and keep pace with the reflecting beam?

Nihilist
surfer easy

DeathKap
Originally posted by Nihilist
surfer easy
Indeed.

BUSTER1
Logan gets destroyed

Badabing
Reported, you did this to intentionally spite me so thats considered trolling. This thread was started almost 20 months ago.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/untitled-1.jpg

DestinyGuy678
actually wolverine has a chance

when black panther took his power cosmic the two had a hand to hand fight, and black panther took out the surfer in one move (surfer was completely depowered though) and this isnt the armbar

ultimatethor
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678

when black panther took his power cosmic the two had a hand to hand fight, and black panther took out the surfer in one move (surfer was completely depowered though) and this isnt the armbar

Actually, he does not have a chance, surfer still has his strength and durability. End of debate.

darthgoober

Are you sure Surfer was actually beaten? I know he got in a clean shot, but I don't remember actually seeing him KO'd. I may be wrong of course because it's been a while since I read the book, but I thought I saw Surfer on his feat a few panels later.

The Great Galen
Logan wins, SS strength advantage still doesnt constitute better MA or even comparable h2h speed.

darthgoober
Logan wins, SS strength advantage still doesnt constitute better MA or even comparable h2h speed.
Originally posted by darthgoober
Is Wolverine faster than an energy blast? If you put him in a mirrored room and fired off something like Supes's heat vision could Wolverine bounce around the room and keep pace with the reflecting beam?

kgkg
this is beyond spite SS 10/10

The Great Galen

A reference to SS MA ability being elite or even a showing of him blitzing in h2h.

Philosophía
Wolverine one-shots him, like he has done before. shifty

darthgoober
A reference to SS MA ability being elite or even a showing of him blitzing in h2h.
Flash isn't an uber MA either, it doesn't mean that he can be tagged by Wolverine. Now is Wolverine faster than an energy blast or not?

The Great Galen
Flash isn't an uber MA either, it doesn't mean that he can be tagged by Wolverine. Now is Wolverine faster than an energy blast or not?

SS isnt a speedster, has SS even ran 100 MPH?

darthgoober
First you say it's dependant on MA and now you say it's dependant on running speed laughing out loud way to try to dodge your own argument.

Does Wolverine move faster than an energy blast or not? For that matter, does Wolverine move faster than Nova or even Spiderman?

Enyalus

SS has flown over a lightyear's distance in the time it takes to blink. Yes...he's multiple times light speed, with ease. He's moved so fast that the Hulk couldn't even see him when they were fighting.

DestinyGuy678
Are you sure Surfer was actually beaten? I know he got in a clean shot, but I don't remember actually seeing him KO'd. I may be wrong of course because it's been a while since I read the book, but I thought I saw Surfer on his feat a few panels later. well the figtht was short, surfer said he was still a formidable opponent, black panther said that was nonsense and dropped him. right after than though b was hit by one of the other heralds so it was a short little fight

darthgoober
well the figtht was short, surfer said he was still a formidable opponent, black panther said that was nonsense and dropped him. right after than though b was hit by one of the other heralds so it was a short little fight
So we never actually saw whether or not Surfer was KO'd as the fight was interrupted?

DestinyGuy678
Flash isn't an uber MA either, it doesn't mean that he can be tagged by Wolverine. Now is Wolverine faster than an energy blast or not? silver surfer is fighting as if he didnt have the power cosmic though, which is what he usually uses to amp his natural strengt hand speed, without the power cosmic his strength and speed arent super human I dont believe

DestinyGuy678
So we never actually saw whether or not Surfer was KO'd as the fight was interrupted? yeah

darthgoober
silver surfer is fighting as if he didnt have the power cosmic though, which is what he usually uses to amp his natural strengt hand speed, without the power cosmic his strength and speed arent super human I dont believe
His speed/reflexes are allowed and you'd be hard pressed to prove that Surfer was amping his speed in any particular instance anyway.

kgkg
silver surfer is fighting as if he didnt have the power cosmic though, which is what he usually uses to amp his natural strengt hand speed, without the power cosmic his strength and speed arent super human I dont believe -.- a drained de-powerd SS was going head to head with Classic Abom wink and beat him

DestinyGuy678
His speed/reflexes are allowed and you'd be hard pressed to prove that Surfer was amping his speed in any particular instance anyway. no, I was saying a depowered silver surfer can't amp himself meaning his speed and reflexes wouldnt be above peak-human

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by kgkg
-.- a drained de-powerd SS was going head to head with Classic Abom wink and beat him was he completely depowered? as in he no longer had the power cosmic?

Enyalus
was he completely depowered? as in he no longer had the power cosmic?

The OP says 'Ok, Surfer doesn't get his board, his blasts, telepathy, or amping.'

Surfer stills has the Power Cosmic. He just can't amp/shoot energy blasts, etc.

darthgoober
no, I was saying a depowered silver surfer can't amp himself meaning his speed and reflexes wouldnt be above peak-human
What makes you think he's only peak human speed without amping? I've never seen anything to suggest such a thing and I've read and have nearly everything Surfer's ever been in.

kgkg
was he completely depowered? as in he no longer had the power cosmic? He has the Power cosmic in this battle.
wink

Symmetric Chaos
What makes you think he's only peak human speed without amping? I've never seen anything to suggest such a thing and I've read and have nearly everything Surfer's ever been in.

What suggests that he's even peak human without the PC?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nothing leaps directly to mind. There's never been any mention or indication of it at all to my knowledge so I take his feats "as is" to avoid speculation all together just as I do for pretty much everyone.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

He was cut off from the Power Cosmic by the obedience disk in Planet Hulk and still managed to completely trash the Warbound (scans are in page 2 of this thread) for one. He was not only cut off from the PC then, but severely weakened.

That's a recent example. And then there's the Abomination example.

Zack Fair
Surfer for the humiliating win.

The Great Galen
First you say it's dependant on MA and now you say it's dependant on running speed laughing out loud way to try to dodge your own argument.

Does Wolverine move faster than an energy blast or not? For that matter, does Wolverine move faster than Nova or even Spiderman?

Energy blast=MA skill and h2h speed?

darthgoober
Energy blast=MA skill and h2h speed?

Enyalus
His hand speed is much faster than Wolverine's. Most probably his MA skill is less than Wolverine's.

ultimatethor
This thread needs to be closed for spite. anybody that thinks wolverine stands a chance needs to have their head examined. Wolvie wont even be able to cut SS.

DestinyGuy678
The OP says 'Ok, Surfer doesn't get his board, his blasts, telepathy, or amping.'

Surfer stills has the Power Cosmic. He just can't amp/shoot energy blasts, etc. oh, but doesnt he use the power cosmic to AMP his speed and strength?

Enyalus
oh, but doesnt he use the power cosmic to AMP his speed and strength?

Kind of. He's got his base speed and strength, which have been shown to be tremendously high (The Warbound feat, beating Abomination) - and then he can use the Power Cosmic to amp his strength to even higher levels.

Similar to Hulk's base power, and then Hulk getting angrier.

ultimatethor
oh, but doesnt he use the power cosmic to AMP his speed and strength?

Strengthwise, surfer has been able to go toe to toe with savage hulk without any specific mention of him amping. Sure he can amp his strength to higher levels with his PC but dat does not mean he is around human level if he does not specifically do this.

psycho gundam
still connected to the power cosmic? = check.

logan can't win.

The Great Galen

So dodging=MA ability and h2h speed.....

Enyalus
Last I checked, repeated dodging was an aspect of most martial arts.

On the flip side of that, what is superior MA going to matter when - as shown - Surfer can simply dodge everything?

darthgoober
So dodging=MA ability and h2h speed.....
Dodging, ducking, AND blocking with his bare hand combined with decent h2h showings on more than one occasion... I'd say so.

Now is Wolverine faster than current Nova or even Spiderman?

DestinyGuy678
Kind of. He's got his base speed and strength, which have been shown to be tremendously high (The Warbound feat, beating Abomination) - and then he can use the Power Cosmic to amp his strength to even higher levels.

Similar to Hulk's base power, and then Hulk getting angrier. I didnt get any hulk prior to world war hulk so was the device stated to negate his power cosmic?

Enyalus
I didnt get any hulk prior to world war hulk so was the device stated to negate his power cosmic?

Yes, the obedience disk was stated to cut him off from the Power Cosmic. He was also weakened due to the nature of crashing on Sakaar. Priest posted scans from his fight with the Warbound on page 2, which includes him grappling with Hulk H2H and managed to shove him backwards into the wall.

The Great Galen
Last I checked, repeated dodging was an aspect of most martial arts.

On the flip side of that, what is superior MA going to matter when - as shown - Surfer can simply dodge everything?

Really...gues thanos was just hitting air and did a phantom KO in 6 punches..but then again Thanos isnt a brick and was punching 2 millions times FTL LOL. What you're neglecting to mention is that slipping away from attacks in the context of MA is a specialty that requires training and a very specific dicipline. Would you assume that tenis players who routinly react/deflect 100+ mph tenis balls can just step into a boxing ring agaisnt the WHC and effortlessly avoid all his punches?

The Great Galen
Dodging, ducking, AND blocking with his bare hand combined with decent h2h showings on more than one occasion... I'd say so.

Now is Wolverine faster than current Nova or even Spiderman?

lol, so you're basing his MA ability off showings that are easily replicated to greater effect by a laundry list of characters...SS's MA ability is about as underwhealming as you can get.

psycho gundam
oh brother.....

Enyalus
Would you assume that tenis players who routinly react/deflect 100+ mph tenis balls can just step into a boxing ring agaisnt the WHC and effortlessly avoid all his punches?

If they're 60 ft. apart like they are on a tennis court - yes.

lol, so you're basing his MA ability off showings that are easily replicated to greater effect by a laundry list of characters...SS's MA ability is about as underwhealming as you can get.

Let me make this easy: SS doesn't have many martial arts skills. What is your point?

Mindset
SS uses his cosmic awareness and learns every martial art in the universe.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
SS uses his cosmic awareness and learns every martial art in the universe.

Oh, I like you. High five.

The Great Galen
If they're 60 ft. apart like they are on a tennis court - yes.

Let me make this easy: SS doesn't have many martial arts skills. What is your point?

That wasnt the question, were not talking about 60ft away, we are talking about a very specific enviromental enclosure with very strict rules. On another note...of course MA ability matters in a h2h fight lol.

ultimatethor
That wasnt the question, were not talking about 60ft away, we are talking about a very specific enviromental enclosure with very strict rules. On another note...of course MA ability matters in a h2h fight lol.

Actually, if u cant hurt ur opponent it does not.

Enyalus

Your example doesn't equivocate. They redirect 100 mph tennis balls with 60 or so feet of distance between them. Boxers dodge punches going much slower from two to three feet away at the most.

And no, MA ability really doesn't matter when you cannot hit your opponent for one, and two you cannot even hurt your opponent if you do land a blow or two.

complexbrother
SS wins this one with ease.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Mindset
SS uses his cosmic awareness and learns every martial art in the universe. he cant amp himself

DestinyGuy678
Yes, the obedience disk was stated to cut him off from the Power Cosmic. He was also weakened due to the nature of crashing on Sakaar. Priest posted scans from his fight with the Warbound on page 2, which includes him grappling with Hulk H2H and managed to shove him backwards into the wall. oh...how was he charging those weapons then or were the weapons able to do that?

Enyalus
oh...how was he charging those weapons then or were the weapons able to do that?

No idea. Maybe they were able to do that on their own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.