KOTOR comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
I decided to start up a thread for this series since there's seems to be one for the Legacy series

Been getting these over here in Oz last one i got from the newsagents was #10

Leper_Messiah
Haven't read any, how are they?

Blaxican
Most of them are boring, imo erm

The fights were badly orchestrated, and I have yet to see any impressive feats so far from any of the Ancient Sith. The only slightly impresive thnig being creating thousands of illusions.

Kazenji
Well most of the ones i've seen so far have been pretty good

Suppose it just might be just you then blaxican

Blue_Hefner
I must say I'm certainly not happy that whiny Carth Onasi in the new issue.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I must say I'm certainly not happy that whiny Carth Onasi in the new issue.

Whats ones that ?

just that i'm only up to #13

SnakeEyes
I stopped reading this series after like, the first 7 issues.

I just thought it was terrible.

Such a shame too, because I had high hopes. They could've done a number of cool things with the series, but no, it had to suck.

Willaume
I picked one up the other week (I can't remember what issue it is right now) but I didn't think it was that bad. confused

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Such a shame too, because I had high hopes. They could've done a number of cool things with the series, but no, it had to suck.

It seems over at dark horse they beg to differ because they replaced Star wars: Republic and the empire series with this one and the Legacy series and now they're making more money from the shuffle.

SnakeEyes
Star Wars: Republic ended/came to a close. It would've ended regardless.

I could honestly care less about whether or not Dark Horse likes their own comic or not.

I gave the Knights of the Old Republic series a chance and it just wasn't that good... at all. None of the characters were intriguing. At first I thought the idea of the Masters plotting to kill the Padawans was cool/interesting, but then for the next few issues that plotline just didn't go anywhere.

The series just frustrates me. I could've been a hell of a lot better.

They should've focused on Revan or something (before the games took place).

Willaume
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Star Wars: Republic ended/came to a close. It would've ended regardless.

I could honestly care less about whether or not Dark Horse likes their own comic or not.

I gave the Knights of the Old Republic series a chance and it just wasn't that good... at all. None of the characters were intriguing. At first I thought the idea of the Masters plotting to kill the Padawans was cool/interesting, but then for the next few issues that plotline just didn't go anywhere.

The series just frustrates me. I could've been a hell of a lot better.

They should've focused on Revan or something (before the games took place).

I think the reason that they didn't/haven't is because they didn't want to deal with the issue of whether or not Revan was male/female, (although the recent Darth Bane novel makes it quite clear that, in the "canon-EU," Revan was a masculine child).

Intrepid One
John Jackson Miller is the writer on Dark Horse's KOTOR comic series. If you want to learn more about his take on this title the check out his website, farawaypress (there's a link in my signature. I'm too new here, and the system won't let me add a link to my posts yet!). He's posted behind the scenes info and trivia for each issue that's come out to date, both for this series and his previous work on Iron Man and Crimson Dynamo over at Marvel Comics. It gives some pretty interesting insight as to the creative/collaborative process involved in making a comic book. Check it out!

fanboy 1988
I had high hopes for those comics to, that sucks.

exanda kane
From what I've seen, the art looks rather nice, and if I was a little keener to hunt down these comics, I would.

Kazenji
Originally posted by exanda kane
From what I've seen, the art looks rather nice, and if I was a little keener to hunt down these comics, I would.

I know you can get them in trade paperbacks now.

Originally posted by fanboy 1988
I had high hopes for those comics to, that sucks.

and you take your word from just one member no expression

Nactous
Love it, great series, has captured the feel of the game quite well.

SnakeEyes
Hmm.

Series still sucks.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Who are the Jedi and Sith in these comics?

ThoraxeRMG

kamhal
Well, personally i think they are waiting for the conclusion of the triology, with the last game, to start writing about what matters.

But i agree, the comics suck, thy had an infinity of ways and characters to explore, and instead they made some crappy characters who seem to have nothing to do with the KOTOR world...

xxXAcStylesXxx
The comics do not suck, they're well written, have great art and great characters the only complaint I seem to hear is "I want Revan or KOTOR characters!" There is far more going on in the galaxy then Revan, although he is the most important character of the time and (John Jackson Millar has said Revan WILL be in the comics) Carth and Saul have been major characters in the comics for a while now. There is an entire galaxy out there. If you wanted Revan verbal fellatio then play KOTOR 1 and 2.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
The comics do not suck, they're well written, have great art and great characters the only complaint I seem to hear is "I want Revan or KOTOR characters!" There is far more going on in the galaxy then Revan, although he is the most important character of the time and (John Jackson Millar has said Revan WILL be in the comics) Carth and Saul have been major characters in the comics for a while now. There is an entire galaxy out there. If you wanted Revan verbal fellatio then play KOTOR 1 and 2.

Will Nihilus be in the KOTOR comics?

xxXAcStylesXxx
Unknown, JJM said that the comics will show how many of the seen Sith Lords came to be what they are in KOTOR and KOTOR 2, so in all likely hood: probably.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I hope Nihilus and/or Revan will be in them.

SnakeEyes

Hmm.

In my opinion, the addition of Carth just made it worse. I mean, he is arguabley the most hated character from the games and rightfully so. He's an annoying little *****.

And my only complaint is definitely not the fact that Revan is not in the series. I simply threw that out there as a suggestion.

Great art? Not really. Read more comics and then tell me if it's great art. I think you'll find that it's quite mediocre.

Great characters? laughing out loud The characters in this story are so bland. When I read them, it seems like they're just carbon copies of characters I've read a thousand times.

I think a lot of people are reading the comic simply because it has "Knights of the Old Republic" slapped on the cover, because the series pales in comparison to other Star Wars comics.

ThoraxeRMG

I don't know how many times I heard "Revan", I lost count at 57.

Bespin Bart
Revan is highly uninteresting; anything based on him would have been painful to read.

Picky, picky, picky everyone is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.