Another Trilogy!?!!??!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirategirl85
Ca it be another trilogy??? I don't know you be the judge of this...I got this from KTTC...From what we are hearing that there might be another trilogy and part 4 has be confirmed....Read the article let us know what you think...

You can read the whole article....
http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=27900

edit.............

Al Lutz has some spoilers for us.....

Pirates, Inc.

Speaking of lines, there will be a few other long ones on the other side of the park once the third Pirates movie premieres on Memorial Day Weekend. The Pirate's Lair project continues on the fast track. The island has been closed for two weeks as you read this, but there's still not a lot of visible construction happening. Passengers on the Mark Twain can see that something is going on however, as spray paint marks the locations to be altered as Injun Joe's Cave becomes Dead Man's Grotto and the swampy inlet near the barrel bridge prepares to become the location of a sunken pirate galleon. Don't worry, that barrel bridge that the lawyers made rather toothless a few years ago will remain. It should be interesting to see just how this whole thing pans out. Lasseter recently had his final executive overview of the island project earlier this month up in Glendale, and yes, he gave it the thumbs up.

Just as WDI bigwigs have been falling all over themselves in the past year to add scale and new scope to the original plans for the new submarine ride, so they are trying very hard to convince John that their respective teams can get this Pirate project off the drawing board and into the park in under six months time and just as the movie opens in theaters. Remember, John's biggest pet peeve has been about Imagineering and how historically they slowly added attractions to the parks; he's been vocal in his disappointment that new rides would debut several years after the associated movie had left theaters.

The plans for the rumored Phase Two of this island project have been firming up as the Studio gets closer to committing to an additional trilogy of Pirates movies in the years ahead. (Yes, you read right. Not one more sequel, now they are looking to do a trilogy.) Right now WDI is going with a rather large walk-through experience that would borrow from or loan out concepts to the massive Hong Kong Adventureland project we'd already told you about.

While a tenuous attachment to the Tom Sawyer theme will be maintained with Phase One (Tom Sawyer-ish best describes it), it's Phase Two that would wipe out the Walt Disney bequeathed literary backstory completely. Trust us when we tell you that the way things are currently going, you'll have to look awfully hard for any Tom Sawyer elements when the new Pirate's Lair opens in May. Maybe the raft drivers could just loudly recite that convenient Mark Twain quote from the rehab sign (above) as everyone heads over to Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island? Otherwise, most people won't be able to make much of a connection to Tom and Huck once they start playing with all of the new pirate toys over there.

PirateDiva
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg... thats great news....More Captain Jackness...and Liz and willie...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! OMG OMG!!! Wo0o0o0o0oW! eek!

Pirategirl85
I know I cant wait to know...I need answers

Barker
yawn

Wish they'd stop milking this franchise. Sooner or later, they will lose fans from this.

Land before Time, anyone?

IheartPocky
i wish they'd stop making Harry potter movies. But oh well..

Pirategirl85
Who knows maybe they can pull it off like star wars.....

IheartPocky
Maybe smile They did prequels though..

Oh my.. if they did prequels.. it would totally ruin everything....

akanai
I don's think it's a good idea...
They should close whole story in three parts...
Part fourts can be make only to earn more money on naive fangils smile
Heh...

tee_pirategirl
OMG OMG I'm so excited but worried at the same time! If T&T write it I'll bet big bucks that it'll be amazing but what if it turns into those money plots with no point?
What if all the characters we know and love are gone and they bring in NEW characters???? a
P4 will be awesome no doubt but I guess they thought having a trilogy and than one standalone will be a bit cheap and stupid and that's why they decided to tell turn it into a trilogy, to tell another large scaled story in the corse of three movies.

I'm excited though. I don't want it to end with AWE so long as they keep it intresting and come up with something really really breath taking

JacksSweet

IheartPocky
i don't think they should make another trilogy. maybe, maybe just one more.. but that's only if the story is out of this world, all of the same actors are back, and they don't change things around so that they are out of believability just so they can make another.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.