Storm vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rutog98
I'm backing Storm on this. Lets have at it!

Symmetric Chaos
*sigh*

Magneto has better control over EM than Storm and he's far more ruthless.

BloodRip, BFR, lightning redirection etc

TricksterPriest
Co-sign. I warned you this would happen, rutog. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
Magneto has Enhanced/Super Reflexes/Thought Processing:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimited3912qj0.jpg

Dodging an Optic Blast of a non-mind controlled Cyclops while grounded:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1577/magneto3hz4.jpg

Keep it simple...due to this. Magnetos attack occurs first. Therefore Magneto wins.

celestialdemon
Oh gosh. This again? Magneto all day every day.

juggernaut66666
Magneto.

The Libertine
Storm has cosmic lasers.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Libertine
Storm has cosmic lasers.

As well as BrainLightning, AirPressureEarthquakes, invisiblity to TP, instant power manifestation and supersonic speed.

shifty

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
As well as BrainLightning, AirPressureEarthquakes, invisiblity to TP, instant power manifestation and supersonic speed.

shifty

And the winds. You can't forget the winds.

big grin

Darth Macabre

shifty yes Storm wins via lightning in the brain. shifty

TricksterPriest
You see whats happening to you Rutog? You're becoming as irrelevant as Xmeat&Devilgoblin. laughing

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
yes Storm wins via lightning in the brain. magneto can absorb electricity. lightning wont do jack to him. he will trap storms ass in one of his shields and sends her ass out to never land.

boriquaking55
not if Hudlin is writing this

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by celestialdemon
And the winds. You can't forget the winds.

big grin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!111one!2

The winds, the unstoppabe winds!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by spidey-dude
magneto can absorb electricity. lightning wont do jack to him. he will trap storms ass in one of his shields and sends her ass out to never land.

Storm has too much lightning in her brain for Magneto to contend with.... whistle

Badabing
Storm gets wtfpwnd.

boriquaking55
Storm can still use here rain powers to overwhelm Magneto's shield with water droplets, and plus Storm can blot out stars with her space storms. Storm wins Happy Dance

TricksterPriest
Like you said, only if Reggie Hudlin is writing. laughing

The Libertine
Storm has the power of Reggie Hudlin she pownz Magneto.

spidey-dude
Storm has too much lightning in her brain for Magneto to contend with.... whistle he can take it from storm im sure. thor i doubt it there.

boriquaking55
Hudlin Storm is elder god level. Hudlin says she's the reason Atum hides in the sun like a *****

The Libertine
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Hudlin Storm is elder god level. Hudlin says she's the reason Atum hides in the sun like a *****

He said it recently again I believe in Wizard. shifty Mr Master has a scan of the page.

guy222
Originally posted by Rutog98

storm

Symmetric Chaos
no expression

Darth Macabre
he can take it from storm im sure. thor i doubt it there.

Wow...nothing goes over your head, does it? no expression

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Libertine
He said it recently again I believe in Wizard. shifty Mr Master has a scan of the page.

Wait, are you serious? Or are you joking? With Hudlin, I'm not sure. If Hudlin said this, he should be blackballed from comics. laughing

Sym, don't take Guy seriously. He never argues seriously unless it's LT or GR. stick out tongue

guy222
no expression

i sorry. storm wins

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wait, are you serious? Or are you joking? With Hudlin, I'm not sure. If Hudlin said this, he should be blackballed from comics. laughing

Sym, don't take Guy seriously. He never argues seriously unless it's LT or GR. stick out tongue

I agree. smile. What's the latest on Apoc?

zbucsz
I have a question can magneto move planets?

TricksterPriest
Can Storm? stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Does it matter?

TricksterPriest
Not really. I was just curious if Hudlin had wanked her that much. stick out tongue

zbucsz
I think mag can move planets, if he can he can just go outerspace and rip the planet apart

spidey-dude
Wow...nothing goes over your head, does it? no expression oh your head sure as hell works great on here

Darth Macabre
oh your head sure as hell works great on here

What in god's name are you talking about? Do you not get that this thread is a mockery? Do you not understand that everything people are saying is a joke?

edit: you're new, so I'll let you in on a secret: a few months ago someone argued that Storm could win against Meggan because she has lightning in her brain. Hence, me saying that Storm would win via lightning in HER brain, not Magneto's.

Grimm22
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Magneto has Enhanced/Super Reflexes/Thought Processing:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

Dodging an Optic Blast of a non-mind controlled Cyclops while grounded:

Keep it simple...due to this. Magnetos attack occurs first. Therefore Magneto wins.

eek! laughing laughing

Quicksilver: But Magneto don't you have a sheild of some sort, why are you ducking from Cyclops attack?

Mags: Um....

Quicksilver: And why are we running away from the explosion, can't you fly?

Mags: Oh shut up!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grimm22
eek! laughing laughing

Quicksilver: But Magneto don't you have a sheild of some sort, why are you ducking from Cyclops attack?

Mags: Um....

Quicksilver: And why are we running away from the explosion, can't you fly?

Mags: Oh shut up!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Soljer
Let's play a game!

Xmeat & DevilHulk : Hulk :: Rutog : ________

batdude123
Storm wins 10/10.

She'll drop a monsoon on his ass!!!

TricksterPriest
Ah, but Magneto is god-tier in the Marvel vs. Capcom games and the Xmen vs. Street Fighter game. big grin Magnetic Tempest ftw.

Swanky-Tuna
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/406705_22-storm-vs-magneto

spidey-dude
What in god's name are you talking about? Do you not get that this thread is a mockery? Do you not understand that everything people are saying is a joke?

edit: you're new, so I'll let you in on a secret: a few months ago someone argued that Storm could win against Meggan because she has lightning in her brain. Hence, me saying that Storm would win via lightning in HER brain, not Magneto's. yes we all know your a joke laughing

Soljer
yes we all know your a joke laughing

Darth Macabre > You.

batdude123
teh pwnerezzz!!!111

Darth Macabre
yes we all know your a joke laughing

I'm a joke? What the f**k? Who are you, again?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Soljer
Darth Macabre > You. Darth Macabre > You ? whats that supposed to mean

spidey-dude
I'm a joke? What the f**k? Who are you, again? put your specs on and look at my name. thats who i am.

2damnloud
STORM. 6-7/10 because her powers go beyond the EM spectrum.

Iron in blood won't work. The electromagnetic potential in a ThunderStorm makes Magneto look like a *****. Storm has chenneled huge storm through her body. Any energy he uses, her body should be compensate the same way his does when she hits hime with lightning.

Storm could destroy his Electromagnetic feild with heat. A superheated tropical vortex may work.

Storm can control the flow of electrons which could hamper his Electromagnetic feilds.

She could probably crush him wit atmospheric pressure INSIDE his sheild.

feel free to add on...

Metalmanx
Magneto. Everytime.

janus77
feh, this is an easy fight. Magneto could just ram her from all sides with a hundred thousand sharp tiny metalic objects. just to shred her before she can call upon her weather stuff (not that it'd do anything much to Magneto).

there's a ton of ways he should rip her apart.

10/10 to Magneto, no doubt.

2damnloud
Storm munipulates the air making a high density pressure dome to deflect the "hundred thousand sharp tiny metalic objects"

NEXT!

janus77
yes and how fast can she do that?
Magneto just runs her through with anything sharp and metalic before she's even got her powers operating.

Magneto's much faster than her. far far more intelligent and has powers that are in themselves vastly more devastating.

2damnloud
INSTANTLY.

Storms powers work subconsciously. Meaning, her powers take effect as she needs them before she can complete the thought it takes to execute them.

When you think about it, Mags is really beneath Storm as far as power is concerned.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Magneto. Everytime.

Metalmanx
I seem to recall Storm taking several pages/a few minutes constructing a pressure dome before. I own the comic she does it in, but don't have time to look at it, for it is class time.

Soljer
Originally posted by 2damnloud
INSTANTLY.

Storms powers work subconsciously. Meaning, her powers take effect as she needs them before she can complete the thought it takes to execute them.

When you think about it, Mags is really beneath Storm as far as power is concerned.

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

2damnloud
I seem to recall Storm taking several pages/a few minutes constructing a pressure dome before. I own the comic she does it in, but don't have time to look at it, for it is class time.

Nope, that's a Jovian pressure FEILD, not a pressure DOME.

Metalmanx
Oh, please, sir. Please tell me the difference.

Besidses, of course:
-One's a dome, one's a field
-One has the gravitational pressure of Jupiter, while the other doesn't.

Can you tell me anything else different about them?

Superherovandal
since when is Storm greater than Galactus? Cause Magneto's shield has taken a blast from him. and do you know anything about EM Spectrum 2damnloud? That basically nullifies any lightning attacks. He has illustrates far greater control of it than she ever has. Secondly any lightning in her brain would only make her more susceptible to him as he has basically supreme control over it. Thirdly, did you see the scans with his reflex times? Thats beyond subconscious speed. is not 15X faster than normal thought. Finally, she has no control over that EM spectrum only electricity. He could just microwave her a**. Or irradiate her with high power UV and Gamma radiation. and make her useless to BP when it comes to making babies. Her pressure field won't be able to do anything to energy attacks like these cause they all move at lightspeed so pressure really visibly affect them. Lightning won't help cause it can't block UV, Microwave , and Gamma radiation. You obviously have no idea of the pure scope of his powers and what EM is.

inamilist

mind to explain how subconscious processing works this way?

Such as, how can Storm have a need prior to subconscious processing?

Hercules
Magneto ftw.

2damnloud
Oh, please, sir. Please tell me the difference.

Besidses, of course:
-One's a dome, one's a field
-One has the gravitational pressure of Jupiter, while the other doesn't.

Can you tell me anything else different about them?

Easy, one takes FAAAR less time to create.

The Jovian Pressure Feild is so strong that it turns Hydrogen Gas in Liquid Metal that's why it takes so long because once again, Storm has a ohysical body with limitations on strength, mental concentration etc.

The pressure dome. Im not really sure HOW it works. I would gather she has very good control over air molecules where she munipulates the air around herself as to make it push outward with great force as to protect her from concussive force attacks or any dibris that has to use air as medium. She made an umberella out of air in X-Men Unlimited 5, during her visit of Hala(I think). It was raining acid, and she was trying to control the weather on that palnet.

spidey-dude
magneto

Rick/Genis
I don't see how storm can win. Magneto has demonstrated a vastly more amount of control over his powers than storm.

DarkCrawler
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s32/smilies-6468.png

2damnloud
Originally posted by Superherovandal
since when is Storm greater than Galactus? Cause Magneto's shield has taken a blast from him. and do you know anything about EM Spectrum 2damnloud? That basically nullifies any lightning attacks. He has illustrates far greater control of it than she ever has. Secondly any lightning in her brain would only make her more susceptible to him as he has basically supreme control over it. Thirdly, did you see the scans with his reflex times? Thats beyond subconscious speed. is not 15X faster than normal thought. Finally, she has no control over that EM spectrum only electricity. He could just microwave her a**. Or irradiate her with high power UV and Gamma radiation. and make her useless to BP when it comes to making babies. Her pressure field won't be able to do anything to energy attacks like these cause they all move at lightspeed so pressure really visibly affect them. Lightning won't help cause it can't block UV, Microwave , and Gamma radiation. You obviously have no idea of the pure scope of his powers and what EM is.

Galactus should be PIS since he is WAAAAAAAYYY stronger than Magneto.

Sure, he has greater control that her on the EM spectrum, and can absorbe her lighting. But, her body SHOULD be able to compensate for the electromagnetic forces enacted on it the same way his does when she shoots a lightning bolt at him. Storm's body has acted like a battery charging and channeling storms in instances. Earth's weather/ atmosphere has greater electrical/electromagnetic forces than Magneto at any given time. Her body should be able to compensate the same way his does. I mean, would what he be trying to do to her be any different than anything her body has felt before, except on a HUGE scale??? In the quest to make him baddass, the writers don't write him that way, or actually haven't thought about it.

Once again, how can he "microwave her ass" when storm herself has shown some mastery over Solar Radiation and MILLIONS of stars, once again, absorbed through her body. Again, from her showings, her body should be able to compensate for anything in the EM spectrum that Magneto can throw her way.

Charged particles(electro) create an attractive force(magnetic)

Storm has shown decent control over charged particles. She can see, plot the path, and create ightning by electron munipulation. She can diperse and redirect lightining, make ball lightning, ionize air molecules, solar radiation, Celestial engergies(stars) etc. etc. This may prove useful.

Magneto haz ZERO contol over Air and Temp. These are her best weapons. That's why she has used Air and Temp attacks against him. Cold makes magnets stronger but heat destroy EM feilds.

Let me not start on her "winds" and "suction" roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Libertine
Storm Lasers ftw.

2damnloud
Originally posted by inamilist
mind to explain how subconscious processing works this way?

Such as, how can Storm have a need prior to subconscious processing?

Easy

It comes from her deep link and connection with the elements. That's why her powers require great emotional control. They are subconscious. An angry thought can **** things up for EVERYONE, even if she doesn't want them to. This can also tie into her will power. She has to have great control over her thoughts.

The weather heeds her call.

Storms powers may work AS she thinks them. Before she can become totally conscious of what she is doing, it can manifest. She has control and is in touh with herself to the point where she can control it.

It's freaky and hard to explain.

It comes from her deep link to the elements.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/406705_22-storm-vs-magneto

Swanky-Tuna
I concur.

Also, this debate need not go further than "Magneto shoots her in the face with a laser."

Nataku8188
A bunch of lazers!

Swanky-Tuna
Make that a bunch of rainbows and you got a deal.

janus77
INSTANTLY.

that's just ridiculous speculation.

Magneto's owned her and the X Men time and time again. he's by far mentally superior to her, by far the more adept with their mutant powers, has infinitely more means at his disposal to dispatch her and aside from all that, has demonstrated repeatedly that he can mess with her powers - her attacks - whilst his own cannot be deflected by her (for example switching off her access to her mutant powers, holding her in place by means of manipulating the iron in her body etc).
on top of all that, and purely out of CHARITY, say we give Storm the time to raise a hurricane or what have you, it still wouldn't even register on his forcefield. so what's she going to do? sod all really, aside from died.

honestly, you sound a little nuts with this whole Storm thing. it's on record, she gets knocked on her arse everytime. EVERYTIME.

2damnloud
LOL

But thats the thing. She DID raise a vortex and damn near KILLED himlaughing

She damn near killed him not once, but TWICE.

Iron in Blood is PIS or a Plot Device since it's virtually impossible on ALL levels.laughing

NEXT!

Swanky-Tuna
It may be impossible but he's does it.

Also, repeat thread and lasers/rainbows to the face.

jasofisc
LOL

Iron in Blood is PIS or a Plot Device since it's virtually impossible on ALL levels.laughing

NEXT!

um controlling weather is impossible and so is controlling magnetism.

Mags has complete control of the electromagnetic spectrum. meaning that not only and he control the iron (which he has done so many times before) but also any and all trace metals that are in her. Not to mention messing with her electromagnitic field

jasofisc
oh an by the way it's not pis if the person does it like a hundred times and those with the same power do it too.

pr1983

Magneto. by far...

Make that a bunch of rainbows and you got a deal.

ooh... rainbows...

TricksterPriest
Can Storm make gumdrops and lollypops rain from the sky? Because that's the level of what you're claiming. laughing

janus77
LOL

NEXT!
he was draining the phoenix of her energies, in one comic. Storm's not even a blip in comparison. it's nutty man, to think that Storm stands a chance of gaining even one win in 10.

Magneto's beaten entire X-men teams how many times?
he's the X-men's most persistent enemy. a whole bloody team of X-men = (well actually, is LESS THAN) Magneto.

oh and Magneto DOES the iron-in-blood trick regularly, don't try and talk about the possible or impossible, they're blood comics. the only logic that they work upon is the one that they invent over a period of time. hence Superman flies, just by pointing his arms skywards and making a slightly constipated face. Storm controls weather. Beast is blue and furry ...

over the course of X-Men comics, it has become a FACT that Magneto is more than a match for a whole team of X-Men, including Storm. it has been demonstrated that he can and does deflect, negate, neutralise, consume and eject the powers of most of them, including Storm.

Storm gets beat more times than a 12yr old would beat off to a nekkid Storm!

2damnloud
Originally posted by jasofisc
um controlling weather is impossible and so is controlling magnetism.

Mags has complete control of the electromagnetic spectrum. meaning that not only and he control the iron (which he has done so many times before) but also any and all trace metals that are in her. Not to mention messing with her electromagnitic field

Umm but having "complete control or the electromagnetic spectrum" doesn't make allowance for hemoglobin munipulation AT ALL, PERIOD. It is not possible, therefore it is a plot device to make Magneto a hard villain to fight.

It is just simply NOT possible, no matter how much control you have of the EM spectrum since hemoglobin, as well as other non-ferromagnetic properties is not receptive to magnetism AT ALL.

I am aware that he can and has done it. Still makes no sense though, exspecially on a woman who can redirect, controll, and who's body has housed and compensated for WAAAAAAAAAAAY more energy(Electromangetic) than Magneto harnesses.

Even when he did strike her with Lightning, she STILL fought him for control of it to the point where he commented on it.

Him being able to control her hemoglobin is just as dumb to me as her Suffocating him with a votex is to you.

Alas, he must be a super-villain who's like realy hard to beatconfused

Symmetric Chaos
How is hemoglobin not ferromagnetic?

TricksterPriest
you can't claim the iron in blood trick is a plot device, it's been shown in be within his capabilities numerous times. And he has done it to a variety of people. WHO CARES IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?! IT'S A GOD DAMN COMIC BOOK! Ever hear of willing suspension of disbelief? Wait....., Xmeat, is that you? laughing

2damnloud
confused

People would literrally EXPLODE just getting an MRI.

Symmetric Chaos
confused

People would literrally EXPLODE just getting an MRI.

MRI's don't use magnetism on the same level or precision as Magneto does.

2damnloud
MRI's don't use magnetism on the same level or precision as Magneto does.

laughing

Doesn't MATTER.

It has to do with atomic allignment in the material.

Unless, Magneto has atomic munipulating skills where he could munipulate matter on a subatomic level all around him (non-ferromagnetic and all) making it suseptable to megnetic feilds.

eek!

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

jasofisc
you see he's not acctually controling the blood of the person with what we think of as magnetizim (as if he was a huge magnet), but it's precise control of all metals (even the ones that are not magnetizable) with the power of earth elctro magnetic field. So he's controling all the iron and trace metals of the the persons blood in such a way it controls their blood.

TricksterPriest
You could claim that when Xorneto gave Jean Grey a heart attack it was PIS, but the explanation was sound. It's just that he was doing it to Phoenix, who shouldn't die from something like that. I really don't see Storm being able to stop that kind of attack. But then, I'm not Reggie Hudlin. laughing

2damnloud
It was a planetary Stroke. Still PIS. She eats STARS yet he did that to her laughing

Bad....bad bad bad

So, Storm can suffocate him wherver she wants within the course of this fight, right??

Swanky-Tuna
laughing

Doesn't MATTER.

It has to do with atomic allignment in the material.

Unless, Magneto has atomic munipulating skills where he could munipulate matter on a subatomic level all around him (non-ferromagnetic and all) making it suseptable to megnetic feilds.

eek!

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
I think they botched it at first and assumed the iron in your blood was actually little chunks of iron. Now, Magneto can do whatever just with a substance's natural magnetic charge. You can see clips of it on the internet of people doing the same thing with frogs.

So now it makes him look even more skilled because he does it just to your blood and not your whole body. Or maybe he does do it to your whole body.

And he can fiddle with the sub-atomic. He made a comb out of thin air in the most flagrant display of power abuse ever. I know, Storm made clothes, but considering how little she wears, the comb probably contained more matter.

2damnloud
Funny

Metalmanx
So even though Polaris has been shown to manipulate the iron in people's blood several times now, and Magneto has been shown to do it even more...you still want to deny it?

In that case, can we deny pressure domes? Flight? Manipulation of weather at all?

Soljer
So even though Polaris has been shown to manipulate the iron in people's blood several times now, and Magneto has been shown to do it even more...you still want to deny it?

In that case, can we deny pressure domes? Flight? Manipulation of weather at all?

THERE'S NO WAY THAT HAVING LIGHTNING IN YOUR BRAIN WOULD ALLOW YOU TO CONTROL THE WEATHER! IT'S UNREALISTIC AND IS JUST A PLOT DEVICE TO MAKE STORM A SUPER POWERED CHARACTER!

ARGH RAWR GRAWRRR!!!!

TricksterPriest
Hey Metalmanx, should we ask if Storm is omega level? Or if she could beat Dr. Doom with lightning? Because I think he'd say yes to both. Hmmm. HEY, REGGIE, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I think it's Hudlin himself arguing for Storm. laughing

batdude123
Magneto 10/10.

/thread

TricksterPriest
Ok, what does /thread mean?

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok, what does /thread mean?

End Thread.

TricksterPriest
Ah. I couldn't agree more. Co-signed. /thread.

2damnloud
Storm wins by suffocating Magneto

batdude123

Would you please shut the f*ck up? Nobody here takes your opinion seriously, so why do you even bother?

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Would you please shut the f*ck up? Nobody here takes your opinion seriously, so why do you even bother?

Same reason xmeat does.

spidey-dude
laughing you guys crack me up

2damnloud
Originally posted by batdude123

Because you're ----> mad

Happy Dance laughing

2damnloud
And storm still CURBSTOMPS him.

Symmetric Chaos
Storm still gets CURBSTOMPED.

Grammar corrected.

Accuracy corrected.

Swanky-Tuna
Funny
I thought so. She is proud of being a big, comic proportioned black woman.
Magneto wins by suffocating Storm.

I'm not saying that to be childish. Since in the comics he can screw with the iron in her blood, he can simply remove it and prevent her body from absorbing oxygen.

2damnloud
I think it would make for a great fight with great writers in all honesty.

Storm would have to hamper his powers by utilizing her control over sub-atmoic particles(electrons) She could flood the area with ionized air yet at the same time attacking him with air attacks.--Collapse the air so he can't breath, Crush him with the atmosphere inside his sheild etc.

It would really come down to WILL.

Rutog98
Originally posted by zbucsz
I have a question can magneto move planets?

No, he cannot move planets. This is FAR beyond his power.

Storm takes this fight. First off, her winds alone tax Magneto's powers greatly. Magneto's only realistic shot at taking Storm out of the fight is via iron in the blood trick (which really isn't very realistic against this character considering the amount of energy she has in her body and her ability to manipulate polarity and the flow of electrons and all) as she can overpower anything else he has.

To be honest, Ororo should be able to overpower Magneto here as she is vastly more powerful than he. She can command much greater quanitites than Magneto ever has.

Lets get down to iron in the blood as we all know this is the only thing Magneto fans can try to use to give Magneto a win over her. Lets ignore how her powers work and say he can realistically pull this on Storm (though I know he pulled it once in canon against her, it is PIS). To begin with, a person only has microscopic traces of metal in their body. Magneto would have to send his energy into her body, locate the metal and then manipulate it to take her out of the fight. Storm's powers are devistating on impact. We already know that Magneto's powers are greatly strained by her winds alone. This doesn't take into consideration her lightning or blizzard or hail or pressure control or anything she can use in concert with her winds. She hits him with her winds (if she uses the kinds of winds she used to redirect Sienna Blaze, the fight is over in no time flat) like she did in Uncanny 150 and add lightning bolts from the sky with it or hail (which she hurled with her winds with such force that she destroyed the ground it landed on at the atomic level) , Magneto's gone. He doesn't have enough power to withstand all of that.

The problem here is Storm's powers overlap Magneto's (which should give her a measure of defense against his power) while she has far more forces at her disposal than he which he cannot control.

Symmetric Chaos
Lets get down to iron in the blood as we all know this is the only thing Magneto fans can try to use to give Magneto a win over her.

No Mags has a ton of ways to counter her abilities BloodRip is just more painful

Lets ignore how her powers work and say he can realistically pull this on Storm (though I know he pulled it once in canon against her, it is PIS).

???

To begin with, a person only has microscopic traces of metal in their body.

Not true. In fact he could stab her through the heart with the iron he rips from her body.

Magneto would have to send his energy into her body, locate the metal and then manipulate it to take her out of the fight.

Which is within his abilities

Storm's powers are devistating on impact. We already know that Magneto's powers are greatly strained by her winds alone. This doesn't take into consideration her lightning or blizzard or hail or pressure control or anything she can use in concert with her winds. She hits him with her winds (if she uses the kinds of winds she used to redirect Sienna Blaze, the fight is over in no time flat) like she did in Uncanny 150 and add lightning bolts from the sky with it or hail (which she hurled with her winds with such force that she destroyed the ground it landed on at the atomic level) , Magneto's gone. He doesn't have enough power to withstand all of that.

Lighning is useless against Magneto (he can control EM too ya know).

Wind . . . you think wind can break Magneto's shield?

(BTW you bring up hail that broke apart molecules? And you accuse a BloodRip of being PIS?)

Rutog98
Guys, stop insulting Hudlin with Storm. If he establishes her as an omega mutant, she definately has the background for it. Her powers are limited only by the force of her will and strenght of her body. She has the potential to transcend humanity and evolve into a true goddess. She has the ability to percieve the universe as patters of energies and forces and bend it to her will. She has a unity with life itself and has been able to summon the full power of millions of stars, manipulate the cosmic wind, communicate with plants, manipulate electrons to create clothing out of thin air, break down water into oxygen and hydrogen, control the weather on a scale that puts Magneto's magnetism to shame, etc.

Symmetric Chaos
She has the ability to percieve the universe as patters of energies and forces and bend it to her will.

When Storm BENDS THE UNIVERSE TO HER WILL get back to me and I'll make a Storm vs 616Marvel thread.

Rutog98
No Mags has a ton of ways to counter her abilities BloodRip is just more painful

???

Not true. In fact he could stab her through the heart with the iron he rips from her body.

Which is within his abilities

Lighning is useless against Magneto (he can control EM too ya know).

Wind . . . you think wind can break Magneto's shield?

(BTW you bring up hail that broke apart molecules? And you accuse a BloodRip of being PIS?)

Lightning is not useless against Magneto as his control over it does not approach Ororo's.

She has broken his force field with wind before.

I am not calling Bloodrip PIS perse, but I am saying that Storm is a character it should not work against. Besides, she can probably counter it by creating an electrical field about herself to block his magnetic energies.

Throwing metal at Storm to get her through the heart is a foolish ploy. She can bat the metal aside with a wind or block it with a pressure dome or any number of things.

Rutog98
When Storm BENDS THE UNIVERSE TO HER WILL get back to me and I'll make a Storm vs 616Marvel thread.

Its stated in Uncanny 166 that Storm can see the universe as patterns of energies and forces (which included in the issue planets, stars and empty space) and bend it to her will.

Swanky-Tuna
Repeat thread, rainbows and bushels of lasers to the face.

jasofisc
Lightning is not useless against Magneto as his control over it does not approach Ororo's.

She has broken his force field with wind before.

I am not calling Bloodrip PIS perse, but I am saying that Storm is a character it should not work against. Besides, she can probably counter it by creating an electrical field about herself to block his magnetic energies.

Throwing metal at Storm to get her through the heart is a foolish ploy. She can bat the metal aside with a wind or block it with a pressure dome or any number of things.

Mags took down his shield and controled her lightning better then she could which is what made him vulnerable to the wind. All lightning will ever do to mags is make him stronger.

I would love to see this pressure dome thing

This storm your talking about doesn't exist. she would be a match for any top tier character if she could do half the crap people are stating.

The worst thing she could do is create an electrical field around her self. He could fry her with it ram her into stuff by controling it. so sos ososososos many things

jasofisc
Its stated in Uncanny 166 that Storm can see the universe as patterns of energies and forces (which included in the issue planets, stars and empty space) and bend it to her will.

when the crap has she ever ever done anything like that. Like making a sun go nova or using cosmic energy

Rutog98
when the crap has she ever ever done anything like that. Like making a sun go nova or using cosmic energy

b]Galactic Core
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg

Flying on and defeating a sentinel with solar winds in Uncanny #99:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3334/uxm99pg105cc.th.jpg

Interesting piece of dialogue about her being able to change the unstable molucules of her costume into any clothes she desires in Uncanny #101:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1420/uxm101063fp.th.jpg

Conversing with other life forms, plants, in Uncanny #109:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2246/uncannyxmen109028gs.th.jpg http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2500/uncannyxmen109036ro.th.jpg

Rutog98
Mags took down his shield and controled her lightning better then she could which is what made him vulnerable to the wind. All lightning will ever do to mags is make him stronger.

I would love to see this pressure dome thing

This storm your talking about doesn't exist. she would be a match for any top tier character if she could do half the crap people are stating.

The worst thing she could do is create an electrical field around her self. He could fry her with it ram her into stuff by controling it. so sos ososososos many things

Magneto did not take down his shield. Show me that on panel. He has his shield up. He opened a small hole in his shield to absorb her BIOelectric blasts. Then she told him she was going to summon a more powerful force than her lightning (at this point, you are saying that he dropped his force field after she gave him warning, lol) and whips up a tornado which smashes his field and strains his power. The fact that her winds strained his powers really kills your argument.

Magneto has never been shown to take a bolt from the sky. He is not immune to lightning.

Pressure Dome
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1374/pressuredome14ac.th.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5674/pressuredome21bz.th.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2064/pressuredome39dt.th.jpg

And Storm is top tier.

Rutog98

Magneto is not taking control of an electrical field from Storm.

Board Walker
I give kudos to Rutog for his argument in favor of Storm, nicely supported.

But if we go by Magneto's top showings, he has done cosmic level feats as well, such as creating worm holes, bending time and space, and becoming pure cosmic energy (when he went to destroy the Shiar empire)

2damnloud
^Someone with some sense

inamilist
Easy

It comes from her deep link and connection with the elements. That's why her powers require great emotional control. They are subconscious. An angry thought can **** things up for EVERYONE, even if she doesn't want them to. This can also tie into her will power. She has to have great control over her thoughts.

The weather heeds her call.

Storms powers may work AS she thinks them. Before she can become totally conscious of what she is doing, it can manifest. She has control and is in touh with herself to the point where she can control it.

It's freaky and hard to explain.

It comes from her deep link to the elements.

Ok, cool, that actually makes sense.

In the future, something like "Storm's connection to the elements works at a subconscious level. Because of this, her powers are able to begin manifesting any necessary changes before she becomes consciously aware that she needs these changes to occur, basically working on a complex reflexive level. Because of this, she is able to use her abilities as fast (or faster) than person X".

Now, in the case of Magneto i don't think it holds, since his brain works so much faster, and the time saved on Storms may be no more than 200-300ms...

In a fight where the winner will be solved by a "fastest draw in the west" type of deal, this might be enough to tip the scales in favor of storm.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Board Walker
I give kudos to Rutog for his argument in favor of Storm, nicely supported.

But if we go by Magneto's top showings, he has done cosmic level feats as well, such as creating worm holes, bending time and space, and becoming pure cosmic energy (when he went to destroy the Shiar empire)

Thanks for the compliments. In regards to the time thing, was that during the Morrison run? If so, that was Xorneto on kick which is a drug that boosts his powers.

In regards to the Shi'ar thing, that was a future story arc. Magneto is not that powerful now. However, the arc you bring up does give some insight into his potential!

Rutog98
Ok, cool, that actually makes sense.

In the future, something like "Storm's connection to the elements works at a subconscious level. Because of this, her powers are able to begin manifesting any necessary changes before she becomes consciously aware that she needs these changes to occur, basically working on a complex reflexive level. Because of this, she is able to use her abilities as fast (or faster) than person X".

Now, in the case of Magneto i don't think it holds, since his brain works so much faster, and the time saved on Storms may be no more than 200-300ms...

In a fight where the winner will be solved by a "fastest draw in the west" type of deal, this might be enough to tip the scales in favor of storm.

Well, I don't think his powers do work faster than Ororo's. In the "Invasion" arc of X-Treme, it states that Ororo can perceive the electrons moving in her opponent's body which gives her an advantage in any fight. The issue stated all of this. Those electrons are travelling about 90,000 miles per second and only have the short distance to travel up to the size of a human body. For Storm to have an advantage over an opponent because of her sights as the issue stated, that means she has to have accelerated action as well. Hence, she has been able to access her powers faster than other characters like Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Sauron, etc in canon. She has also done things like summon and control hurricanes with "less than a conscious thought."

inamilist
Well, I don't think his powers do work faster than Ororo's. In the "Invasion" arc of X-Treme, it states that Ororo can perceive the electrons moving in her opponent's body which gives her an advantage in any fight. The issue stated all of this. Those electrons are travelling about 90,000 miles per second and only have the short distance to travel up to the size of a human body. For Storm to have an advantage over an opponent because of her sights as the issue stated, that means she has to have accelerated action as well.

For storm to have the ability to see electrons she would need much more than simply enhanced processing speed.

Not to mention the fact that there are trillions of electrons which are all constantly moving in a person's body. Add to that, electrons play no part in the communication between nerve cells or neurons, so watching them would give no advantage to Storm in determining the next move of her opponent.

Now, if Storm were measuring the electrical currents in the person's body (not electrons) then it is at least plausible. However, to differentiate between the electrical signal of her opponent's executed movement and the general electrical activity of reflexes and other things should be impossible.

Given impossible happens in comics all the time, if we assume that Storm is reading the specific electrical signals from the person's brain to their muscles, and is able to therefore plan her actions in anticipation to theirs, her mind is working at least twice as fast as a normal person's, though it is likely much faster.

However, I believe none of this. One time feats are terrible arguing positions, not to mention that I have not seen the feat in question. Generally, I'd expect you to name at least 2-3 other times in her illustrious 30+ year career where she has an on panel description of her either 1) reading people's future actions through electrical energy or 2) someone on panel saying "Storm's brain works at least twice as fast as a normal person's".

Hence, she has been able to access her powers faster than other characters like Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Sauron, etc in canon.

These are good showings, but when dealing with something as specific as neural processing there needs to be a more specific reference. There is no reason to believe her win over these people is due to her neural processing speed vs some other explanation.

She has also done things like summon and control hurricanes with "less than a conscious thought."

yes, subconscious thought could be colloquially referred to as being "less than conscious thought" (considering most people still look to Freud for their explanations of consciousness). Her powers being tied to her subconscious vs her conscious may provide some benefit to the speed of activating her powers (this is skeptical now that I think of it more...) it doesn't indicate that she is thinking any faster.

Rutog98
For storm to have the ability to see electrons she would need much more than simply enhanced processing speed.

Not to mention the fact that there are trillions of electrons which are all constantly moving in a person's body. Add to that, electrons play no part in the communication between nerve cells or neurons, so watching them would give no advantage to Storm in determining the next move of her opponent.

Now, if Storm were measuring the electrical currents in the person's body (not electrons) then it is at least plausible. However, to differentiate between the electrical signal of her opponent's executed movement and the general electrical activity of reflexes and other things should be impossible.

Given impossible happens in comics all the time, if we assume that Storm is reading the specific electrical signals from the person's brain to their muscles, and is able to therefore plan her actions in anticipation to theirs, her mind is working at least twice as fast as a normal person's, though it is likely much faster.

However, I believe none of this. One time feats are terrible arguing positions, not to mention that I have not seen the feat in question. Generally, I'd expect you to name at least 2-3 other times in her illustrious 30+ year career where she has an on panel description of her either 1) reading people's future actions through electrical energy or 2) someone on panel saying "Storm's brain works at least twice as fast as a normal person's".

These are good showings, but when dealing with something as specific as neural processing there needs to be a more specific reference. There is no reason to believe her win over these people is due to her neural processing speed vs some other explanation.

yes, subconscious thought could be colloquially referred to as being "less than conscious thought" (considering most people still look to Freud for their explanations of consciousness). Her powers being tied to her subconscious vs her conscious may provide some benefit to the speed of activating her powers (this is skeptical now that I think of it more...) it doesn't indicate that she is thinking any faster.

The lady is one with the planet. I don't think a few trillion electrons are going to be much for her. Here are some scans for you:

Energy World
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2933/energyworld2io.th.jpg

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7523/energyworld24lq.th.jpg

Part Two
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/541/energyworld38nt.th.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5931/energyworld42xc.th.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7905/energyworld57hb.th.jpg

Darth Martin
Been done. Mags.

ExodusCloak
Storm has to shift her sight from normal perception to perceiving energy patterns it's not always on.

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld42xc.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7905/energyworld57hb.jpg

Magneto is able to shift his vision it doesn't mean he perceives things at 90 000mph, it's a comic a *Wizard did it* just like how Magneto controls non-ferric metal, how Storm can only seem to make clothes out of thin air. How her breathing alters when she flies.
http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen1909lm4.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm212page125uq.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm212page132oz.jpg

This is what allows him to see things 14.5 faster then than a normal person.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2830/xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

Storms doesn't have anything like that. Storms reflexes are human or normal mutant. She doesn't have super reflexes she doesn't have anything to show that she has. Even that Candra mind controlling Cyclops doesn't show this. Anything otherwise is vast specuation.

Here's a comparison of reflexes:

Magneto is also always connected to his enviroment:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2381/wca057184hm.jpg

Speaking of a Northstar speedblitz and dodging lasers:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-04.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-05.jpg

Magneto just gives her a stroke before she can do anything his range is incredible:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrpage171fq.jpg
Or just dumps her in a worm hole
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5595/excalibur0825xx4.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
This is part of why I don't really mind Magneto's ludicrously with his powers. He actually studies his powers. He does scientific things with them. Yeah, screwy science but still. I think I'll call it "comb science."

2damnloud
Storm and Magneto would be a great fight. They are very comparable to each other.

So, Magnetos means of beating storm are chalked up to:

Hemoglobin
Wormwhole

I still think Storm nowadays can find away to hamper his electromagnetic feilds since she can shaped electrons as to make Ball-lightning, clothing outta thin air etc. I think her showings show her body compensating for MORE energy than magneto can enact at a given time.--Glactic core, continental-sized storm etc

Magnetising her hemoglobin shouldn't work on her, just as her lightning doesn't wok on him. He has mastery of the EM spectrum is the likely answer for this. But, does that really negate her mastery of the elements??? Most would say yes....but I mean really though??

What really doesn't help in this argument is the few times they've squared off, he's basically OWNED her for stupid ass reasons.

We can't ignore the fact that if Storm was the type of character that didn't care, Magneto, master of Magnetism, would've been DEAD a LOONG time ago. EASY

jasofisc
The lady is one with the planet. I don't think a few trillion electrons are going to be much for her. Here are some scans for you:

Energy World

Part Two

thank you for the scans it really helps with your points.
Still Storm gets owned all the time by people much much much less powerful then mags. In the x-tream x-men arc right before the one you stated she was getting owned all the time by just people in high tech suits (no where near ironman level) and so so many other times , there was one time Sauron (how ever that stupid pteradactle thing is spelled) shot her with just a normal gun. Like from a distance right in front of her.

jasofisc
Storm has to shift her sight from normal perception to perceiving energy patterns it's not always on.

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld42xc.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7905/energyworld57hb.jpg

Magneto is able to shift his vision it doesn't mean he perceives things at 90 000mph, it's a comic a *Wizard did it* just like how Magneto controls non-ferric metal, how Storm can only seem to make clothes out of thin air. How her breathing alters when she flies.
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm212page125uq.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm212page132oz.jpg

This is what allows him to see things 14.5 faster then than a normal person.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2830/xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

Storms doesn't have anything like that. Storms reflexes are human or normal mutant. She doesn't have super reflexes she doesn't have anything to show that she has. Even that Candra mind controlling Cyclops doesn't show this. Anything otherwise is vast specuation.

Here's a comparison of reflexes:

Magneto is also always connected to his enviroment:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2381/wca057184hm.jpg

Speaking of a Northstar speedblitz and dodging lasers:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-04.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-05.jpg

Magneto just gives her a stroke before she can do anything his range is incredible:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrpage171fq.jpg
Or just dumps her in a worm hole
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5595/excalibur0825xx4.jpg

I don't know how I missed these scans in the mags respect thread.
the one of north star would have helped in the superman vs. mags thread. I love how cool North star was about letting that team member die

inamilist

ok, but I think you missed my point. Watching electrons in a human will do nothing.

Achually, now that I think about it, we all can "see" electrons. All matter has them, we just cannot see with enough detail to observe them individually. If Storm could see electrons, the world would look much different to her. All objects made of matter would appear to be countless sub atomic particles interacting with eachother. It would be almost impossible for her to distinguish between one piece of matter and another, let alone recognize a human or their face.

Also, electron, though it does start will "electr" has little if anything to do with electricity. Electricity is part of the EM spectrum, electrons are matter. get it? energy, matter?

Energy World

Ok. This is cool. It makes me wonder why storm bothers with wind and rain if she can channel all forms of ambient energy....

However, this does nothing to proove that she can see an electron, which is a useless power anyways. Nor does it proove any advanced processing.

Another question is: Can you find 3 other places where Storm has "shifted" into the energy world?

Part Two

well...

nothing about being able to control electrons. An interesting note, we have all been assuming that lightning is created by a flow of electrons... I think it would do us all some help if we all checked out the Wiki page for lightning. There are many thoughts about the origin of lightning, they didnt seem to directly implicate electrons.

Remember, electrons are not energy. The writer of this comic was clearly not using accurate sources for whatever he was basing his info on.

The same can be said for the analogy of following nerves like a powerline. In a very strict bio-psychological sense, the writer does not know what he is talking about.

The unfortunate result on both counts are cannonical references that are pretty much nonsensical. I won't say Storm doesn't have those powers, because in THIS fight I think its meaningless (you are still really underestimating magneto) but if it ever comes up where it would make the difference, I would definatly say they are not admisable

Also: If I assume that this isn't the initial reference to storm being able to see the electrical activity in a person's body, so that would give you 2. Show a scan of a fight with Storm saying something like "I'm too fast for you because I can see the moves you are going to make"

Superherovandal
Magneto wins. He has superior control of electricity and besides winds and weather effects like rain and snow she can't do anything he can't do better, with more sophistication, and more easily.

Swanky-Tuna
Ok. This is cool. It makes me wonder why storm bothers with wind and rain if she can channel all forms of ambient energy....
I still think it's because she has crazy intricate control over a large area but poor... focus would be the word for it?

I really can't think of any regular feats she does that requires focusing obscene amounts of power in one area but controlling the weather would take tons of concentration and/or control.

inamilist
I still think it's because she has crazy intricate control over a large area but poor... focus would be the word for it?

I really can't think of any regular feats she does that requires focusing obscene amounts of power in one area but controlling the weather would take tons of concentration and/or control.

I totally agree with you

and from what I've seen in the scans, that is what is being implied.

I was being a little bit snarky smile

Swanky-Tuna
I totally agree with you

and from what I've seen in the scans, that is what is being implied.

I was being a little bit snarky smile
I know. It's a great way to imply Storm is a noodle brain too.

2damnloud
laughing @ people racking their brains to de-power storm.laughing

If storm can't see electrons because their's sooo many, then Magneto can't munipulate hemoglobin beacuase it's has NOTHING to do with the EM spectrum.laughing

The movement of charged particles creates an attractive force. Charged particels move BECAUSE of attractive forces(not neccesarily magnetism) hence electromagnetism and electricity are interrlated.

Lighting IS the movement of charged PARTICLES(electrons) which inturn create an electromagnetic feild HENCE magneto can control her lightining. Screw what Wikipedia says. No matter what the theories are we know that electrons are involved(charged particles)

Magnetism can also be brought about by orbital spins of electrons spining in the same direction(or something)confused

Now can Storm preceive and control the SPIN of electrons??? I dunno

Magneto also under untilizes his control over the EM spectrum(sounds good huh). He makes combs when she should be making GALAXIES since it is a fundemental force of the Universe.

Since he hasn't Made/ remade a galaxy, does that mean I negate his power??? NO. That would be foolish logic and I would be grasping at STRAWS.

Storm also can make Oxygen within Water in her immediate vicinity using electrolysis by seperating Hydrogen and oxygen molecules without electrecuting other X-men.

The scan says she can shape them to her will which allows her to create lightining. This has been expnaded to her creating clothing from nothing as we have seen or munipulating the Glactic core or Solar winds(continuity continuity continuity).

In the future, she may do MORE. As of now, Cannon says she can see the flow of Electrons and bend them to her will. POINT, BLANK, PERIOD.

Whether you think she should be doing more "creative things" is irrelevant and strawman argument

inamilist
laughing @ people racking their brains to de-power storm.laughing

If storm can't see electrons because their's sooo many, then Magneto can't munipulate hemoglobin beacuase it's has NOTHING to do with the EM spectrum.laughing

The movement of charged particles creates an attractive force. Charged particels move BECAUSE of attractive forces(not neccesarily magnetism) hence electromagnetism and electricity are interrlated.

Lighting IS the movement of charged PARTICLES(electrons) which inturn create an electromagnetic feild HENCE magneto can control her lightining. Screw what Wikipedia says. No matter what the theories are we know that electrons are involved(charged particles)

Magnetism can also be brought about by orbital spins of electrons spining in the same direction(or something)confused

Now can Storm preceive and control the SPIN of electrons??? I dunno

Magneto also under untilizes his control over the EM spectrum(sounds good huh). He makes combs when she should be making GLAXIES since it is a fundemental force of the Universe.

Since he hasn't Made/ remade a galaxy, does that mean I negate his power??? NO. That would be foolish logic and I would be grasping at STRAWS.

Storm also can make Oxygen within Water in her immediate vicinity using electrolysis by seperating Hydrogen and oxygen molecules without electrecuting other X-men.

The scan says she can shape them to her will which allows her to create lightining. This has been expnaded to her creating clothing from nothing as we have seen or munipulating the Glactic core or Solar winds(continuity continuity continuity).

In the future, she may do MORE. As of now, Cannon says she can see the flow of Electrons and bend them to her will. POINT, BLANK, PERIOD.

Whether you think she should be doing more "creative things" is irrelevant and strawman argument

my point is generally that electrons don't flow. electricity does. They are not the same thing.

Control of electricity is differant than control of electrons, one lets you make lightning and electrolsys, the other lets you rearrange the sub atomic structure of matter.

Also, I have said nothing about Magneto making matter.

Aside: an interesting note, the manipulation of air to clothing is probably better explained by the manipulation of the electromagnetic forces between the particles, rather than electron manipulation. Electron manipulation would just change the charge or the air particles.

I may need to consider this further, you may have achually sold me on electron manipulation to some degree, but the writers dont seem to understand what an electron is...

2damnloud
^ What is current?? whistle

inamilist
^ What is current?? whistle

the flow of electrons down a solid metal wire carrying with them an electrical charge?

ah, you got me

wink

boy, looks like i dont know what Im talking about

electron power

Rutog98
thank you for the scans it really helps with your points.
Still Storm gets owned all the time by people much much much less powerful then mags. In the x-tream x-men arc right before the one you stated she was getting owned all the time by just people in high tech suits (no where near ironman level) and so so many other times , there was one time Sauron (how ever that stupid pteradactle thing is spelled) shot her with just a normal gun. Like from a distance right in front of her.

That does not make those instances with those people beating her definitive. Its a lot of PIS. Given the character's personality and power, she was simply too powerful the be an X-Man. She far outpowered the villains and to make it worse, had a half-dozen or more other X-Men alongside on her on the team. It made the fights and threats unrealistic. There is no way Magneto should be able to take on a lineup with Storm on it. She is more powerful than he by herself.

Rutog98

Another question is: Can you find 3 other places where Storm has "shifted" into the energy world?

Easily. Give me a few seconds...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9382/spacelightning6jz.th.jpg

Channeling a storm/blizzard(originally conjured by Shaman) that spans the American continent through her body to calm it, also from #121:
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8240/uxm121pg145yd.th.jpg

And for the third one, there was that other one I posted below your question on this thread.

Swanky-Tuna
That does not make those instances with those people beating her definitive. Its a lot of PIS. Given the character's personality and power, she was simply too powerful the be an X-Man.
Is it possible it could be the other way around and some of the high showings are PIS?

Rutog98
Is it possible it could be the other way around and some of the high showings are PIS?

No. From the get go we saw the character command the solar wind, there was that 1979 interview with Chris Claremont that put her on the level of the Phoenix Force, etc.

Badabing
No. From the get go we saw the character command the solar wind, there was that 1979 interview with Chris Claremont that put her on the level of the Phoenix Force, etc.
Interviews = shit.

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
Interviews = shit.

To true my friend, to true!

Swanky-Tuna
Wasn't Phoenix revealed to be a force in the mid 80's? So Claremont was saying he wanted Storm at Jean's level before it was retconned that Jean in that time period was the Phoenix Force? Makes a fair amount of sense. Was Jean in the herald/thor range that people put her codename Phoenix stages at?

Clearly he doesn't mean she was to be on par with what the Phoenix Force evolved into some 20 years after the comment was made.

Rutog98
Wasn't Phoenix revealed to be a force in the mid 80's? So Claremont was saying he wanted Storm at Jean's level before it was retconned that Jean in that time period was the Phoenix Force? Makes a fair amount of sense. Was Jean in the herald/thor range that people put her codename Phoenix stages at?

Clearly he doesn't mean she was to be on par with what the Phoenix Force evolved into some 20 years after the comment was made.

Prior to the retcon, Jean as Phoenix had the potential to surpass all of the cosmics. The Watcher waid this in Dark Phoenix Saga.

Swanky-Tuna
Prior to the retcon, Jean as Phoenix had the potential to surpass all of the cosmics. The Watcher waid this in Dark Phoenix Saga.
That was a year after his comment. And that's Phoenix's potential. The comment you keep mentioning talks about Claremont intending Storm to be at pre-retcon Phoenix's level, but says nothing about having the same potential.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>