Hudlin's Dream Team vs. the Whitebreads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Hudlin creates a dream team of African-American heroes to take back the world from the evil white devil.

In his controversial story, we discover that Superman is racist since he's from Kansas, Batman is racist since he is rich and Wonder Woman is racist because she's Greek. They band together with other white heroes to get rid of black superheroes who they deem "inferior".

Hudlin creates a dream team of black superheroes to fight against the white devils! Who wins?

Hudlin's Team (The Chicken Barrels):

Black Panther
Black Lightening
Storm
Luke Cage
Bishop
Falcon
Thunder
Vixen
Mister Terrific
Goliath (Ben Foster)
Bronze Tiger
Black Adam (he has BLACK in his name!)

Hudlin's White Oppressors (KKK (Kraptastic Kracker Killers))

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Atom Smasher
Captain America
Aquaman
Human Torch
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Green Arrow

At the start of the battle, Hudlin makes the Whitebreads don white robes with hoods to serve as armour....

Who wins?

Soljer
Hudlin's writing?

Well, the whiteys viciously and gruesomely destroy all the black heros in a fit of racist rage. Except for Storm and T'Challa, of course, who then solo the other team.

This is followed up by T'Challa utilizing his pimp hand on Storm and putting her in her 'place,' as it's common knowledge that females - black or not - are inferior to warrior kings like the Black Panther.

Grimm22
If Hudlin is writing then Panther will KO superman with one punch laughing

And of course Storm is an "omega mutant", so she will take out 80% by herself roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then Issiah Bradley comes and decapitates Cap for "stealing his identity"

Oh and Luke Cage kicks everbody below the belt

TricksterPriest
hysterical Well...., since Hudlin's writing, roll eyes (sarcastic) it will probably end along the lines Soljer suggested. hysterical I really hate Reggie Hudlin. erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
mad I really hate Reggie Hudlinmad

Racist . . .

Draco69
Originally posted by Grimm22
If Hudlin is writing then Panther will KO superman with one punch laughing

And of course Storm is an "omega mutant", so she will take out 80% by herself roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then Issiah Bradley comes and decapitates Cap for "stealing his identity"

Oh and Luke Cage kicks everbody below the belt

You racist cracker!

Storm issa Omega level mutant!

What's wrong? You threatened by a POWERFUL BLACK BEAUTIFUL STRONG WOMAN?!

Walk on! Walk on I said!

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Racist . . .

Hating a single black person does not make you racist.

Draco69
Originally posted by Soljer

Yes it does! Hating a single black person means you hate every black person on the Earth!

I am astounded by the amount of racism on this forum!

Symmetric Chaos

no expression

I'm perfectly aware of that.

Grimm22
Hating someone who happens to be black doesn't make you a racist (unless you hate them because they are black).

Fixed wink

Soljer
Fixed wink

I said hating a single person.

If you hate someone because they are black, you're hating the entire race, which is just a couple more than a single person.

Grimm22
I said hating a single person.

If you hate someone because they are black, you're hating the entire race, which is just a couple more than a single person.

Thats exactly what I just said no expression

Soljer
Thats exactly what I just said no expression

You claimed you, somehow, fixed my sentence. You did no such thing; it was fine as is.

guy222
Originally posted by Draco69
Hudlin creates a dream team of African-American heroes to take back the world from the evil white devil.

In his controversial story, we discover that Superman is racist since he's from Kansas, Batman is racist since he is rich and Wonder Woman is racist because she's Greek. They band together with other white heroes to get rid of black superheroes who they deem "inferior".

Hudlin creates a dream team of black superheroes to fight against the white devils! Who wins?

Hudlin's Team (The Chicken Barrels):

Black Panther
Black Lightening
Storm
Luke Cage
Bishop
Falcon
Thunder
Vixen
Mister Terrific
Goliath (Ben Foster)
Bronze Tiger
Black Adam (he has BLACK in his name!)

Hudlin's White Oppressors (KKK (Kraptastic Kracker Killers))

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Atom Smasher
Captain America
Aquaman
Human Torch
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Green Arrow

At the start of the battle, Hudlin makes the Whitebreads don white robes with hoods to serve as armour....

Who wins?

I am saddened by this thread. laughing out loud I am of mixed race, Hudlin write better rolling on floor laughing

Supes/Bats ftw big grin

Apolloknight
This thread is truly sad actually, childish....I'll just leave it alone.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Apolloknight
This thread is truly sad actually, childish....I'll just leave it alone.

Wonderful!

Now we can have our rude immature fun without interruption big grin

(although this can be an actual debate)

: Just rechecked the teams not much of a debate really I guess

Hercules
KMC rules then I would say the "Whitebread" team wins.

Hudlin Writing, Storm unleashes her Omega Level Fury, which takes out all apart from Wonderwoman and Superman.

Superman utters threats about how powerful he is and how he will break Panther into tiny pieces.

Panther back hand slaps him through a wall, leaving only his feet poking out while little KKK members dance round his head.

He then Catches Wonderwomans lasso with one hand pulls her too him and ties her hands and feet with it.

Cut to scene of Wonderwoman in chains being Storm and Panther's house maid, while Luke Cage tells Panther how he was always his hero and what an honour it is to hang with the King.

"V"
Hudlin is the Shakespeare of our age no expression

Apolloknight
confused

Have any of you guys read a BP comic outside of the Civil war!?

"V"
Yes, I puked all over it not long afterwards.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
Yes, I puked all over it not long afterwards.

Really, and why, if you dont mind me asking!?

"V"
Because I have very delicate tastebuds, they don't take kindly to the manure that wasn't worth the paper it was printed upon.

"V"
Nah, I've read some. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, definetly not, it's just far worse than Chris Preist's run.

So much more could be done with the Character than how he's being used now.

Hercules
confused

Have any of you guys read a BP comic outside of the Civil war!?

Yes, I have his first solo run from the 70's and his limited run from the late 80's and his Marvel Spotlights. I also have quite a few of his Avengers Apearences.

Its not the Black Panther I object to, its Hudlin's writing.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
Because I have very delicate tastebuds, they don't take kindly to the manure that wasn't worth the paper it was printed upon.

I ask you a serious question yet you respond with childish remarks.

All I asked is what made you not like the comic, is there a problem within that question that you feel you shouldn't have to answer?

Did I ask the wrong question?
Should I have rephrased it?
Should I have made it more toward you level of comprehension?

Let me know something!?

"V"
I ask you a serious question yet you respond with childish remarks.

All I asked is what made you not like the comic, is there a problem within that question that you feel you shouldn't have to answer?

Did I ask the wrong question?
Should I have rephrased it?
Should I have made it more toward you level of comprehension?

Let me know something!?

Reggie? eek!

Look at the post after the one you qouted, I feel there are several mistakes and mischaracterizations and don't like the direction the character(s) (seeing as Storm's more or less on his arm at most times) are moving in.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Hercules
Yes, I have his first solo run from the 70's and his limited run from the late 80's and his Marvel Spotlights. I also have quite a few of his Avengers Apearences.

Its not the Black Panther I object to, its Hudlin's writing.

So because you don't like Hudlins writing, you try to downplay every black hero out there?

Can I ask you, is Hudlin a racist for trying to bring the Black Hero to the forefront of comics?

I mean besides Blade and Storm (and thats only in the movies), What dominate black hero is out there?

I mean I'm sure we could rattle of some names, but none of them are really dominate?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
Reggie? eek!

Look at the post after the one you qouted, I feel there are several mistakes and mischaracterizations and don't like the direction the character(s) (seeing as Storm's more or less on his arm at most times) are moving in.

Dude they have been talking about marrying Storm and panther for years, they were even going to do it during Priest Run!!!

"V"
Dude they have been talking about marrying Storm and panther for years, they were even going to do it during Priest Run!!!

Never knew that, but at that time it would probably been alot better (not because of the writing on BP now, just the state of the MU) it seemed very forced. The only reason they married was because they were both black and in the forefront of the MU.

Luke Cage, he's a black dude in the spotlight. He's the Leader of the New Avengers and might have his ongoing, what's more he's being written by a fat white bald dude smile

Hercules
I seriously doubt Hudlin is racist and I object to the underlying tone that I am down playing Black hero's especially seeing as you don't even know what race I am.

Hudlin has taken a very intersting and complex and dare I say it underated character and written him in a way that changes his whole dynamic for me.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was him one shoting Karnak, what should have been a great comic battle was ruined for me.

I was using the extremes in my post just to get my point across than you can be too into a character.

Its not just Hudlin who does this to characters though She Hulk seems to be b!tch slapping people she has no business owning, the Champion story was dire.

Does this mean I downplay all female hero's? does this make me a sexist? nope.

I just like to see my comic book characters challenged and face adversity, not have them make everyone else in their book look like chumps and have everyone kissing their behinds.

What fun is a character or characters who seem to be perfect in every way, Black Panther was the first comic I ever bought, he was by far my favourite character for the longest time as a kid.

I just feel like Hudlin's overkill is killing that memory for me and it seems I am not alone.

This after all is just my opinion, I have no doubt Hudlin has his fans I am just not among them.

Please don't label me a racist for saying so, especially seeing as you have no knowledge of who I am.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
Never knew that, but at that time it would probably been alot better (not because of the writing on BP now, just the state of the MU) it seemed very forced. The only reason they married was because they were both black and in the forefront of the MU.

Luke Cage, he's a black dude in the spotlight. He's the Leader of the New Avengers and might have his ongoing, what's more he's being written by a fat white bald dude smile

No, they married because they have had and long standing relationship for years, dating back to Marvel team up #100.

They have been on and off forever, and if you read storms mini about her past, chronologically speaking, it dates back to their teenage years!?

A strong black male hero, married a strong black female hero, who have had on and off relationships for decades!?

I fail to see the problem!?

"V"
I seriously doubt Hudlin is racist and I object to the underlying tone that I am down playing Black hero's especially seeing as you don't even know what race I am.

Hudlin has taken a very intersting and complex and dare I say it underated character and written him in a way that changes his whole dynamic for me.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was him one shoting Karnak, what should have been a great comic battle was ruined for me.

I was using the extremes in my post just to get my point across than you can be too into a character.

Its not just Hudlin who does this to characters though She Hulk seems to be b!tch slapping people she has no business owning, the Champion story was dire.

I just like to seem my comic book characters challenged and face adversity, not have them make everyone else in their book look like chumps and have everyone kissing their behinds.

What fun is a character or characters who seem to be perfect in every way, Black Panther was the first comic I ever bought, he was by far my favourite character for the longest time as a kid.

I just feel like Hudlin's overkill is killing that memory for me and it seems I am not alone.

This after all is just my opinion, I have no doubt Hudlin has his fans I am just not among them.

Please don't label me a racist for saying so, especially seeing as you have no knowledge of who I am.

She Hulk can slap as many people around as she wants, just as long as it's under Slott's pen. Such a good, underated writer, Boy I can't wait for the intiative mini.

Apolloknight

I just like to see my comic book characters challenged and face adversity, not have them make everyone else in their book look like chumps and have everyone kissing their behinds.

Black panther used been your favorite hero, thats cool, what was the first comic you brought with him in it?

"V"
No, they married because they have had and long standing relationship for years, dating back to Marvel team up #100.

They have been on and off forever, and if you read storms mini about her past, chronologically speaking, it dates back to their teenage years!?

A strong black male hero, married a strong black female hero, who have had on and off relationships for decades!?

I fail to see the problem!?

I see the problem when she turns her back on her family (the X-men) to follow around the poorly written, cock stroked Black Panther who travels around to other peoples countries and kingdoms and ***** slaps them around and lets them pay him compliments.

It feels forced. I'd rather her end up with Bishop or even bloody Forge than being T'Challa's whipping girl.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127072.0.html

If you haven't already, read the above posted link.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
I see the problem when she turns her back on her family (the X-men) to follow around the poorly written, cock stroked Black Panther who travels around to other peoples countries and kingdoms and ***** slaps them around and lets them pay him compliments.

It feels forced. I'd rather her end up with Bishop or even bloody Forge than being T'Challa's whipping girl.

People have been "cock stroking" Captian America for years including panther, should I start to hate him!? Same thing with Superman, should I start to hate him also!?

He punked Karnak, who else did he punk!?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127072.0.html

So hes mad because T'charka beat Cap. (jack kirby had BP stalemating cap a few times)

hes mad because wakandia is the richest most powerful nation on the planet. (jack Kirby already had wakandia the richest nation on the planet)

He's mad because an african said "kiss my but" (I could find 100's of quotes in Kirbys and Priest run that did the same damn thing, Hell priest even admited in an interveiw and was lost on how to write BP sometimes)

Hes mad because they dont use oil (they have never used oil)

I could go on but its dumb, what is this guy really mad about?

"V"
So hes mad because T'charka beat Cap. (jack kirby had BP stalemating cap a few times)

hes mad because wakandia is the richest most powerful nation on the planet. (jack Kirby already had wakandia the richest nation on the planet)

He's mad because an afiran said "kiss my but" (I could find 100's of quotes in Kirbys and Priest run that did the same damn thing)

Hes mad because they dont use oil (they have never used oil)

I could go on but its dumb, what is this guy really mad about?

Do it, bring me 100's of qoutes of Wakandan's saying "kiss my butt".

DC is a poster on this forum aswell, quite the respected one at that, what is he really mad about? I'd say definetly his latent homosexuality. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Apolloknight

And no Im not saying your a racist, I've just been reading around for the last few months on how bad people say hudlins been doing, and their reasoning for it. I told myself I would stay out of it, but it seems the whole forum is getting involved when I know the majority of this forum never even pick up a BP comic.

So Im just trying to find out why people hate the new BP so much!?

"V"
And no Im not saying your a racist, I've just been reading around for the last few months on how bad people say hudlins been doing, and their reasoning for it. I told myself I would stay out of it, but it seems the whole forum is getting involved when I know the majority of this forum never even pick up a BP comic.

Hudlin has improved from his ASM days I'll give you that, but I still don't find any Black Panther books especially entertaining.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by "V"
Hudlin has improved from his ASM days I'll give you that, but I still don't find any Black Panther books especially entertaining.

And thats fine, I'm 100% cool with that, everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

I just think the reasoning is dumb, but everybody can think what they want.

For instance, I don't like wolverines run right now, but...

Do you see me making wolverine hate threads at every turn.

No, that shit is childish and I don't have time, I don't like it so I don't read it, I don't even bother with it.

You see the difference.

It seems like one or two people started this Hudlin movement, and now everybody is jumping on board and they don't even know why (because they don't even read BP)

Hercules
Black panther used been your favorite hero, thats cool, what was the first comic you brought with him in it?

Black Panther Vol 1 No.5 from September 1977, written , drawn and Edited by Jack Kirby, I then went on to get the whole run.

I didn't buy it in 77 though, I found it in a car boot sale in the late 80's and then tracked the rest down from the local comic book/games shop.

Apolloknight
Black Panther Vol 1 No.5 from September 1977, written , drawn and Edited by Jack Kirby, I then went on to get the whole run.

I didn't buy it in 77 though, I found it in a car boot sale in the late 80's and then tracked the rest down from the local comic book/games shop.

I was just wondering, did you know in fantastic four annual #6, BP tooled Karnak in one shot

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/9303/vsinh.jpg

That was one of the reasons you didnt like hudlin. Dont blame hudlin, blame marvel for giving him the ammo back in 1967.

erm

Hercules

Thats fine, I don't hate Panther, I could never "hate" the very character who along with the Marvel Roleplaying game (which got me to pick up the comic in the first place) got me into Comics.

I have no problem with him stale mating or beating Cap, no problem at all, he has always in my eyes been almost on a par with Cap.

I have no problem with Wakandia being the richest, most advanced country on earth, it has basicaly always been so.

Panther has always had a regal air about him, after all he is royalty! I have no problem with this either.

I have no major problem with Hudlin, he loves the characters he writes, this in itself is no the issue, its how he seems to be ramming it down readers throats how superior Panther is.

I am glad in one way that Panther has the limelight and imo deserves that but sad in that so many people now hate the character because of Hudlin's overkill and I can totaly see where they're coming from.

I just think Panther would be better if Hudlin wasn't writing him.

grey fox
Panther didn't beat Cap he CURBSTOMPED him , DID you SEE the damn page , he even broke Caps shield (Admittedly it's not his indestructible one , but it's still a fuggin steel alloy) . Plus the Klaw thing was dumb...very dumb.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by grey fox
Panther didn't beat Cap he CURBSTOMPED him , DID you SEE the damn page , he even broke Caps shield (Admittedly it's not his indestructible one , but it's still a fuggin steel alloy) . Plus the Klaw thing was dumb...very dumb.

Are you talking about when T'charka beat him!?

grey fox
Are you talking about when T'charka beat him!?

Yes , biggest pile of Bullshit i've ever seen. He get's taken out by a damn 'sound-cannon' but can beat Cap 'I own thirty highly trained shield guards like their my *****' America .

Apolloknight
Thats fine, I don't hate Panther, I could never "hate" the very character who along with the Marvel Roleplaying game (which got me to pick up the comic in the first place) got me into Comics.

I have no problem with him stale mating or beating Cap, no problem at all, he has always in my eyes been almost on a par with Cap.

I have no problem with Wakandia being the richest, most advanced country on earth, it has basicaly always been so.

Panther has always had a regal air about him, after all he is royalty! I have no problem with this either.

I have no major problem with Hudlin, he loves the characters he writes, this in itself is no the issue, its how he seems to be ramming it down readers throats how superior Panther is.

I am glad in one way that Panther has the limelight and imo deserves that but sad in that so many people now hate the character because of Hudlin's overkill and I can totaly see where they're coming from.

I just think Panther would be better if Hudlin wasn't writing him.

Thats cool, and Im wont try to change you mind, you can have your own opinion.

And yes alot of people hate on panther, but at the same time he is selling more comics then he ever has. Somebody has to be doing something right.

Least you are aware that panther has always had that "air" around him, that air which other heros hate, but they cant help but respect him...kinda like Tony stark

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knight613nj.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knight24jm.jpg

Apolloknight
Yes , biggest pile of Bullshit i've ever seen. He get's taken out by a damn 'sound-cannon' but can beat Cap 'I own thirty highly trained shield guards like their my *****' America .

I dont think he curbstomped him, the fight was two pages but It was just a flashback, of some guys talking. it showed a few blocks and punches and then T'charka carrying cap away. Anc come on, we both know any type of soldier or ninja in comics job to hell and back.

Hell BP took on like 30 hand, and pwned them all!?

Hercules
I was just wondering, did you know in fantastic four annual #6, BP tooled Karnak in one shot

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/9303/vsinh.jpg

That was one of the reasons you didnt like hudlin. Dont blame hudlin, blame marvel for giving him the ammo back in 1967.

erm

I'd never seen that before and even though I still think its jobbing Karnak out, I can accept that more than I can accept this.

http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blz17wr3.jpg

In the first fight, Panther dodges, flips over him and catches him with a solid blow, he states how fast he is while doing it and I get the impression that Karnak is not out cold.

In the Hudlin version, we see Karnak scanning Panthers weak spots, he then blunders forward and Panther cracks a Bruce lee joke while ramming his Knee into his face.

Crystal then in the next page is stunned because he is out cold and checks to see if he is still breathing!? What the f**k?

Panther and Storm having shown how superior they are then go to walk off, Gorgon confronts them and Panther says Storm can take him but not to go too hard on him (can't remember the exact wording).

Its not just the flooring of Karnak, who is supposed to be a master martial artist and an inhuman to boot, as you have shown its happened before, PIS after all is not something that Hudlin is alone in using.

Its the whole attitude behind it, it seems so forced, Panther goes on a diplomatic mission and still manages to rub someone up the wrong way and end up slapping them down?

Its a little like every page is an excuse to show the reader how great Panther and Storm are. every comic has self promotion, Hero's making claims and doing things they have no business saying or doing.

I just feel like Hudlin does this on every page instead of once in a while, one good thing is though, at least its got everyone talking about a character who has long sat on the sidelines.

Love him or hate him, hes now in the game.

grey fox
I dont think he curbstomped him, the fight was two pages but It was just a flashback, of some guys talking. it showed a few blocks and punches and then T'charka carrying cap away. Anc come on, we both know any type of soldier or ninja in comics job to hell and back.

Hell BP took on like 30 hand, and pwned them all!?

Cap wouldn't give , which means that Panther would have to curbstomp to win.

And have you heard of the inverse Ninja Law ?

Symmetric Chaos

No matter how large a group of ninja's is it will always have the same total power as one ninja

or

As the number of ninjas in a fight increases the total difficulty of the fight decreases by squares

Apolloknight
Cap wouldn't give , which means that Panther would have to curbstomp to win.

Or just knock him out, just because someone is KO'ed doesnt mean they got crubstomped, it was probably a really good fight between them.

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No matter how large a group of ninja's is it will always have the same total power as one ninja

or

As the number of ninjas in a fight increases the total difficulty of the fight decreases by squares

Pretty much.

One Hand Ninja did Cap over at one point... he then later beats the shit out of around 50-100.

Or just knock him out, just because someone is KO'ed doesnt mean they got crubstomped, it was probably a really good fight between them.

Cap shouldn't of lost though , simply because he has the advantages in skill , speed, strength and even had a frikkin weapon with him !

Apolloknight

Cap shouldn't of lost though , simply because he has the advantages in skill , speed, strength and even had a frikkin weapon with him !

erm

How do you know, T'challa stalemates Cap all the time!?

And cap had a shield, um, him was invading wakandia, advanced nation blah blah blah, whats a shield againts limitless tech.

grey fox
erm

How do you know, T'challa stalemates Cap all the time!?

And cap had a shield, um, him was invading wakandia, advanced nation blah blah blah, whats a shield againts limitless tech.

No....

What I mean is , within that fight Cap should of kicked T'charka's ass up an down his city.

Cap has every physical advantage , possibly a higher level of skill AND a weapon. Yet he still loses !

Soljer
Most people dislike Hudlin's run because of the piss poor characterization and dialogue.

Or because Hudlin's made SEVERAL issues solely about race, when, really, there was no reason for it.

Or because Hudlin writes Black Panther as if he is perfection, while downplaying EVERY other hero around him.

Or because Hudlin introduces new heroes into the book, only because they themselves are black.

grey fox
Most people dislike Hudlin's run because of the piss poor characterization and dialogue.

Or because Hudlin's made SEVERAL issues solely about race, when, really, there was no reason for it.

Or because Hudlin writes Black Panther as if he is perfection, while downplaying EVERY other hero around him.

Or because Hudlin introduces new heroes into the book, only because they themselves are black.

Or Because Hudlin introduces characters whom have completely different backgrounds or are inconsistent.

Apolloknight
No....

What I mean is , within that fight Cap should of kicked T'charka's ass up an down his city.

Cap has every physical advantage , possibly a higher level of skill AND a weapon. Yet he still loses !

Well obviously, he wasn't more skilled, argue all day if you want, its continuity, and not only Hudlin, but the Editors agree also.

And I believe they had a good fight because T'charka had enough respect for cap to give him this.

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brothers18bb.jpg

Apolloknight

Well blame marvel also, when marvel hired him, the wanted him to bring Blackheros to the forefront of comics.

What race issues do you speak of soljer!?

Hercules
Wouldn't that fight be pretty early on in Caps career though? (forgive me if I'm wrong I haven't read the issue in question) in which case I would give the edge in experience and skill to T'charka.

Apolloknight
Wouldn't that fight be pretty early on in Caps career though? (forgive me if I'm wrong I haven't read the issue in question) in which case I would give the edge in experience and skill to T'charka.

I can agree with that, but people still dont want to accept it.

I mean its captain america!!!!!

Newjak
Here are a couple of things I would like to say about Hudlin.

For one I don't believe the guy is racist anyone who worked on the Boondocks is far from it as that show makes fun of every culture known toman but mostly the Black society at its worst.

I don't have a problem with Wakanda being so advanced or even Blank Panther and Storm Marrying. The fight with Cap was poorly established so I don't even have a problem with that.

The problem I have with the recent BP books is just their hole vibe and the work Hudlin put into it.

First off I would like to point out that Hudlin does over play the race issue especially the race realtionship between blacks and whites. Hudlin fails to use the idea of a nation of isolationists in Wakandans with vast resources.

Honestly AK even in the scan you show of Cap giving BP the shield he refers to the idea that every "whiteman" would genocide against wakanda for it. Honestly there are more races then just white people that would work hard to get Wakanda's resources. Spanish, Arab, even other black people. Hoenstly instead of saying whitepeople BP should have been talking about how every other nation in the world would wnat to have his nation's resources.

I think that is where Hudlin falls short on his projects. I think he takes the notion of comic books as to chidlish and makes them to simple a focus on subjcts instead of writing complex stories that actually deal with issues. Instead he makes everything black vs white. He makes the wakandans some Utpoia that is supposed to represnt every black person on the planet instead of a nation in Africa that dislikes almost everything else in the world.

He aslo fails to read up on the character only taking the basic knoweldge into account. The Klaw is a perfect example of this where Hudlin really doesn't take the time to research into characters.

He is also turning BP into an A*hole who cares about nothing more the skin color on a matter then anything else. Instead of being the deep thinking T'Challa whose more present issues are about the security of his nation's and people's safety. T'Challa has become anoble that loooks down on everyone around him and is overtly charactrized as being better than everyone.

This simplistic writing is frowned upon by all writers in comics because it is to simple when comics have been shown to be an avenue for much better work.

Also the idea of race relations whould be much better done on a much more street level character like Luke Cage then international symbol like Black Panther who deals with far more complex problems.

I think Hudlin could learn to keep things better in perspective for the character he is writing and the plots he decides to use with said character. You just can't use bad writing on something and expect people not to call you out on it.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Newjak
Here are a couple of things I would like to say about Hudlin.

For one I don't believe the guy is racist anyone who worked on the Boondocks is far from it as that show makes fun of every culture known toman but mostly the Black society at its worst.

I don't have a problem with Wakanda being so advanced or even Blank Panther and Storm Marrying. The fight with Cap was poorly established so I don't even have a problem with that.

The problem I have with the recent BP books is just their hole vibe and the work Hudlin put into it.

First off I would like to point out that Hudlin does over play the race issue especially the race realtionship between blacks and whites. Hudlin fails to use the idea of a nation of isolationists in Wakandans with vast resources.

Honestly AK even in the scan you show of Cap giving BP the shield he refers to the idea that every "whiteman" would genocide against wakanda for it. Honestly there are more races then just white people that would work hard to get Wakanda's resources. Spanish, Arab, even other black people. Hoenstly instead of saying whitepeople BP should have been talking about how every other nation in the world would wnat to have his nation's resources.

I think that is where Hudlin falls short on his projects. I think he takes the notion of comic books as to chidlish and makes them to simple a focus on subjcts instead of writing complex stories that actually deal with issues. Instead he makes everything black vs white. He makes the wakandans some Utpoia that is supposed to represnt every black person on the planet instead of a nation in Africa that dislikes almost everything else in the world.

He aslo fails to read up on the character only taking the basic knoweldge into account. The Klaw is a perfect example of this where Hudlin really doesn't take the time to research into characters.

He is also turning BP into an A*hole who cares about nothing more the skin color on a matter then anything else. Instead of being the deep thinking T'Challa whose more present issues are about the security of his nation's and people's safety. T'Challa has become anoble that loooks down on everyone around him and is overtly charactrized as being better than everyone.

This simplistic writing is frowned upon by all writers in comics because it is to simple when comics have been shown to be an avenue for much better work.

Also the idea of race relations whould be much better done on a much more street level character like Luke Cage then international symbol like Black Panther who deals with far more complex problems.

I think Hudlin could learn to keep things better in perspective for the character he is writing and the plots he decides to use with said character. You just can't use bad writing on something and expect people not to call you out on it.

I can agree with this Newjack, He does use race alot, but at the same time there is no easy way to go about race, it ugly every way you look at it, and with Hudlin being the type of person he is (look at boondocks) we know he is a race man not afraid to test those boundary's, which is why marvel hired him.

People need to understand, there is no classy, or easy way to go about race, it ugly anyway you look at it, truly at BP and Storms level. I just don't want people undermining even black superhero that comes along, don't get me wrong, I know alot of people on this forum like to put storm on a pedestal, and even I know she can win half the battles she is in.

But because Hudlin says she is possible omega, everyone has an uproar. Yet spidey says Sentry Stalemated Galactus and its "Cool". You see!?

I just felt something had to be said, things are getting out of hand, my best advice for anybody, if you don't like the book, don't read it, it is a touchy book that does deal with touchy issues no different then the civil war.

Oh and Newjack, that Scan was from BP V2 #30, preist run wink

Hercules
To be fair the statement "Sentry Stalemated Galactus" made me cringe! but I agree race is a sensitive issue and Hudlin is pretty in your face, it does get you publicity however and it worked in Panthers case.

Sales are higher than ever for his title and people are talking about him, be it hating him or loving him and as they say "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

I think as many people will buy this title to see what Hudlin does next and to curse about it, as will pick it up because they love the title.

And as long as he sells comics Hudlin will have a job with Marvel.

Newjak
I can agree with this Newjack, He does use race alot, but at the same time there is no easy way to go about race, it ugly every way you look at it, and with Hudlin being the type of person he is (look at boondocks) we know he is a race man not afraid to test those boundary's, which is why marvel hired him.

People need to understand, there is no classy, or easy way to go about race, it ugly anyway you look at it, truly at BP and Storms level. I just don't want people undermining even black superhero that comes along, don't get me wrong, I know alot of people on this forum like to put storm on a pedestal, and even I know she can win half the battles she is in.

But because Hudlin says she is possible omega, everyone has an uproar. Yet spidey says Sentry Stalemated Galactus and its "Cool". You see!?

I just felt something had to be said, things are getting out of hand, my best advice for anybody, if you don't like the book, don't read it, it is a touchy book that does deal with touchy issues no different then the civil war.

Oh and Newjack, that Scan was from BP V2 #30, preist run wink I can agree with this.

And your right there is no easy way to take up the issue of race but I think Hudlin took the Comic Book medium to simplistic in his approach on the matter. Face it in most of his comments based on race relations it is whites are bad blacks are good and blacks are always being discriminated against. That isn't the way to do it.
And for someone who has worked o nthe Boondocks he more anyother writer they bring in for matter should know this. erm

This I feel is the wrong stance to make on the subject of race relations especially concerning Black Panther who for the most part has always been a more deep thinker then this.

Also for the record you listen to most people and they all agree that Sentry could not stalemate a decent Glacatus.

Oh and for the record I never said I cared if it was preist's run or Hudlin's the notion that an Isolationist kingdom really cares about just whites attacking is foolish writing on anyones part wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.